Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great result. Won 1-0 21:43 - Feb 23 with 27697 viewsSuddenLad

Just what was required. Well done Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:45 - Feb 23 with 25127 views1mark1

Yessssssss, good result and three important points. 👍👍👍😀😀😀
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 22:14]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:47 - Feb 23 with 25103 viewswimborne_dale

Sounded like we were hanging on there for a lot of the 2nd half.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 25074 viewsKenBoon

I couldn't make tonight but it's a very good result. Much needed too.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 25073 views1mark1

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:47 - Feb 23 by wimborne_dale

The three points were a must, and were delivered. Good to have a clean sheet.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:54 - Feb 23 with 24997 viewsSuddenLad

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:47 - Feb 23 by wimborne_dale

Well, at least we showed we CAN hang on. That's a step in the right direction

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:57 - Feb 23 with 24955 viewsLuke8686

Great result. Won 1-0 on 21:54 - Feb 23 by SuddenLad

Well, at least we showed we CAN hang on. That's a step in the right direction

the table now looks 10x better!!
Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:00 - Feb 23 with 24912 viewsRotherhamDale

Attendance?

Possession with progression.

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:02 - Feb 23 with 24865 viewsSuddenLad

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:00 - Feb 23 by RotherhamDale

Attendance?

Login to get fewer ads

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:02 - Feb 23 with 24867 viewsDaley_Lama

We defended brilliantly all night.

Plus that little bit of luck you need.

As FT approached, corner to Fleetwood. Cracking header, Lillis beaten, hits the bar and drops directly to Wes Burns 6 yards out. His shot gets the slightest deflection and it goes over for another corner.

The corner is sent in and lands at the feet of Burns again in acres 6 yards out. His shot goes over once more.

Really gritty win, welcome win against a very attractive (apart from Amoebe) side.

Poll: DF in or out

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:04 - Feb 23 with 24836 viewsSheffdale

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:00 - Feb 23 by RotherhamDale

Attendance?

1,767 - and a few extra might have come to see Holty; but let's just celebrate a crucial three points.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:08 - Feb 23 with 24754 viewsRotherhamDale

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:04 - Feb 23 by Sheffdale

1,767 - and a few extra might have come to see Holty; but let's just celebrate a crucial three points.

Yeah, I was curious about the attendance because the Dale twitter account didn't mention it at all.
It's a big 3 points, and a much needed win. It keeps the bottom 4 at arms length.

Possession with progression.

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:18 - Feb 23 with 24634 viewsTalkingSutty

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:02 - Feb 23 by Daley_Lama

We defended brilliantly all night.

Plus that little bit of luck you need.

As FT approached, corner to Fleetwood. Cracking header, Lillis beaten, hits the bar and drops directly to Wes Burns 6 yards out. His shot gets the slightest deflection and it goes over for another corner.

The corner is sent in and lands at the feet of Burns again in acres 6 yards out. His shot goes over once more.

Really gritty win, welcome win against a very attractive (apart from Amoebe) side.

Agree with that. It wasnt pretty and we had to defend for long periods of the match against one of the best teams I've seen at Spotland this year, but what a cracking win. We defended well as a team and put some great blocks in but Fleetwood will wonder how they failed to score after all that possesion.

Credit to Hilly he's been looking for the clean sheet and he got it tonight. The players reaction on the final whistle showed how important the result was. We're on the run in now and another 2 or 3 wins should see mission accomplished.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 22:23]
Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:18 - Feb 23 with 24616 viewsfitzochris

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:08 - Feb 23 by RotherhamDale

Yeah, I was curious about the attendance because the Dale twitter account didn't mention it at all.
It's a big 3 points, and a much needed win. It keeps the bottom 4 at arms length.

And it keeps us in touch with a host of teams above.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:21 - Feb 23 with 24583 viewsdingdangblue

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:18 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that. It wasnt pretty and we had to defend for long periods of the match against one of the best teams I've seen at Spotland this year, but what a cracking win. We defended well as a team and put some great blocks in but Fleetwood will wonder how they failed to score after all that possesion.

Credit to Hilly he's been looking for the clean sheet and he got it tonight. The players reaction on the final whistle showed how important the result was. We're on the run in now and another 2 or 3 wins should see mission accomplished.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 22:23]

I like Canavan - no nonsense defender by the looks of it. 1st touch away from goal most of the night! None of that namby pamby passing it around malarkey!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:35 - Feb 23 with 24431 viewsnordenblue

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:21 - Feb 23 by dingdangblue

I like Canavan - no nonsense defender by the looks of it. 1st touch away from goal most of the night! None of that namby pamby passing it around malarkey!!

He reminds me a lot of Paul Butler in looks and style of play,credit where it's due him and Eastham just jumped in front of everything all game.Good old school no nonsense defending,the amount of headers and first time clearances he won just breeds confidence too.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:38 - Feb 23 with 24388 viewsTalkingSutty

Yep, the place to play football is in the oppositions half, if he keeps it simple and clears his lines that will do for me. I like the look of Syers also, he seems to have a good awareness of what's around him and gets into the penalty box.Holt did well again when he came on so it seems Hilly as brought in a few decent players. Strange how Camps isn't in the team and RNL didn't really work for me tonight but we got the result so you can't argue.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:44 - Feb 23 with 24310 viewsdingdangblue

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:38 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

Yep, the place to play football is in the oppositions half, if he keeps it simple and clears his lines that will do for me. I like the look of Syers also, he seems to have a good awareness of what's around him and gets into the penalty box.Holt did well again when he came on so it seems Hilly as brought in a few decent players. Strange how Camps isn't in the team and RNL didn't really work for me tonight but we got the result so you can't argue.

I suppose RNL was involved in the goal (dummying the ball to let it run to McNulty) - but I would have Camps ahead of him and Rose all day long. Maybe Hill just wants a bit of balance on that left side with McNulty playing fullback.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:55 - Feb 23 with 24194 views49thseason

Canavan must have been to the Peter Valentine school of defending - if in doubt clear the ball as far away as possible. Just what we need on cold nights with an iffy surface and a desperate need for 3 points - a repeat performance on Saturday would be great.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:59 - Feb 23 with 24159 viewsTalkingSutty

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:44 - Feb 23 by dingdangblue

I suppose RNL was involved in the goal (dummying the ball to let it run to McNulty) - but I would have Camps ahead of him and Rose all day long. Maybe Hill just wants a bit of balance on that left side with McNulty playing fullback.

It seems Hills going for experience and making us solid as a team. The Last two home games were both games we couldn't afford to lose, sandwiched in between was a very difficult game at Bradford so five points gained is a good effort when you think about it.

The managers setting us to be difficult to beat and it's working. It's not pretty but once we secure our place in League One who cares.From now on in every point is a big one.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 23:13 - Feb 23 with 24019 views442Dale

Watching Eastham tonight it makes you wonder how many more points we've missed out on with his exclusion at the expense of a player who just can't defend in the same way.

Why Fleetwood insisted on using their keeper so much in their keep ball didn't make much sense as he didn't seem to know when to just get rid. They wasted so much time in the second half doing it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Great result. Won 1-0 on 23:16 - Feb 23 with 23985 viewsD_Alien

Great result. Won 1-0 on 23:13 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Watching Eastham tonight it makes you wonder how many more points we've missed out on with his exclusion at the expense of a player who just can't defend in the same way.

Why Fleetwood insisted on using their keeper so much in their keep ball didn't make much sense as he didn't seem to know when to just get rid. They wasted so much time in the second half doing it.

Some have tried, but there's just no defending the indefensible.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great result. Won 1-0 on 00:16 - Feb 24 with 23764 viewsHopwoodblue

Great result. Won 1-0 on 22:38 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

Beg to differ if RNL had have played 90 mins on Sat we might have won he got a toe in on more than one occasion tonight and covered our left side far better than NML did on Sat, just watch Bradfurts first goal had he have been aware and gone with their runner he may well have never been able to cross it for a tap in and he must have seen him. Just can't be bothered and it's very disappointing because he could be a decent player if he put his mind to it.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 0:20]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Great result. Won 1-0 on 00:17 - Feb 24 with 23756 viewsSandyman

Agreed. Much rather him & Eastham (MOTM) as the centre back than Lancs & McNulty. Canavan's no nonsense big lad game is just what we needed. We played far too deep in the 2nd half and invited trouble, but we got by and earned the points.

BTW: there was an incident in the 2nd half where Lillis kicked upfield to the half way line Holt and Hendo let let it bounce, and never touched the ball, yet the lino flagged for offside?? Any better observations from the main stand because it looked a very strange decision from The Sandy.
Great result. Won 1-0 on 00:48 - Feb 24 with 23704 viewsspikey58

Great result. Won 1-0 on 00:17 - Feb 24 by Sandyman

Agreed. Much rather him & Eastham (MOTM) as the centre back than Lancs & McNulty. Canavan's no nonsense big lad game is just what we needed. We played far too deep in the 2nd half and invited trouble, but we got by and earned the points.

BTW: there was an incident in the 2nd half where Lillis kicked upfield to the half way line Holt and Hendo let let it bounce, and never touched the ball, yet the lino flagged for offside?? Any better observations from the main stand because it looked a very strange decision from The Sandy.

Just as strange from the main stand. Both Holt & Hendo knew they were offside and made no attempt to get involved with the play, yet the lino flagged and the ref gave the offside instead of playing advantage to Fleetwood (as he did for us in an earlier situation). Baffling
Great result. Won 1-0 on 05:10 - Feb 24 with 23551 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought the centre back partnership of Eastham and Canavan was outstanding all night. It's so much more pleasing to see two defenders who can defend and just do the no-nonsense stuff. We finally had a centre half partnership with some bollocks.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024