Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall 16:07 - Feb 8 with 6929 viewsPinnerPaul

Usual nonsense

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-v-millwall-important-supporter-informat
Millwall on 16:13 - Feb 8 with 5490 viewspaulhoop2

It is dictated by the police and SAG better safe then sorry

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Millwall on 16:23 - Feb 8 with 5448 viewsPinnerPaul

Millwall on 16:13 - Feb 8 by paulhoop2

It is dictated by the police and SAG better safe then sorry

Yeah, we've had this argument many times.

As others have said, it just seems that any inconvenience is always with us, the majority - the home fans.

Whereas others have said at other grounds its usually the away fans - obviously the minority who are inconvenienced.

Plus as we've seen with previous incidents, you can't segregate the whole of W12 so those looking for trouble (on both sides) will find it regardless.
Millwall on 16:29 - Feb 8 with 5414 viewspaulhoop2

If you have any ideas how else to mitigate any issues…..

If we had the space then I am sure away fans would be the “chosen “ ones lol

Millwall on 16:38 - Feb 8 with 5354 viewsMrSheen

I was away on holiday last season so missed their last visit. Will we be allowed onto or across Uxbridge Road from Loftus Road afterwards? I heard that wasn’t allowed for luton last year but wasn’t a problem a few weeks ago (none of them wanted to leave).
Millwall on 16:38 - Feb 8 with 5349 viewsPinnerPaul

Millwall on 16:29 - Feb 8 by paulhoop2

If you have any ideas how else to mitigate any issues…..

If we had the space then I am sure away fans would be the “chosen “ ones lol

Well as I said, we've seen versus Luton and Millwall previously that these issues do NOT "mitigate ANY issues"

WE played much bigger, better supported and notoriously supported teams in the PL without these measures - don't remember reading any great horror stories then.

As for space, others have said we have been held in much smaller areas than than the concourses we have.

You are right its better to be safe than sorry.

BUT since you asked - v Luton 15' before the end, no Luton fans going anywhere, why would they 3-0 up and rightly celebrating. Loads of QPR fans leaving the stadium onto a deserted ER BUT we were still not allowed to turn right =- nil danger of any issues. So my idea is a bit of flexibility.

v Millwall last time, by the time QPR fans at left SB stand and walked round the stadium, Millwall fans long since left SA Rd but we couldn't walk the 20 yards to then end and turn right - having to go through SA Rd estate.

So my idea - have a plan but adapt to circumstances.

But I'm not having that this is a) a guaranteed success or b) the only way to do it.

Sorry for the rant BUT you did ask!
Millwall on 16:50 - Feb 8 with 5287 viewsHuckerMOTM

I see that they've reeled out the lie about not being allowed to keep fans back in the stands again....

When are people going to start pulling them up about this.

Here's Liverpool fans being kept IN THE STAND at Old Trafford post match.

Holding fans back happens at grounds across the country whether its in stands or in streets outside.

This is a club decision, not a legal requirement and is a consequence of the club marking their own Risk Assessments...
Millwall on 16:57 - Feb 8 with 5235 viewsHuckerMOTM

Millwall on 16:50 - Feb 8 by HuckerMOTM

I see that they've reeled out the lie about not being allowed to keep fans back in the stands again....

When are people going to start pulling them up about this.

Here's Liverpool fans being kept IN THE STAND at Old Trafford post match.

Holding fans back happens at grounds across the country whether its in stands or in streets outside.

This is a club decision, not a legal requirement and is a consequence of the club marking their own Risk Assessments...

And before anyone says it's because Old Trafford is bigger, here's Stockport County holding back Carlisle fans in a ground which is is half the size of Loftus Road:

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/23074047.stockport-county-carlisle-united-fa

They're talking bollox and taking you for mugs.
Millwall on 17:03 - Feb 8 with 5206 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hucker,

Isn't their point that our concourses are deemed unsafe (by the police/safety authorities) to hold people back in?

Why would the club lie about this, do you thinl, and what's in it for them to leave Millwall out early?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall on 17:06 - Feb 8 with 5187 viewsMick_S

Millwall on 17:03 - Feb 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Hucker,

Isn't their point that our concourses are deemed unsafe (by the police/safety authorities) to hold people back in?

Why would the club lie about this, do you thinl, and what's in it for them to leave Millwall out early?

A few years ago Cardiff were kept in - they just started until they were put out on the streets. Very obvious and clearly visible.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Millwall on 17:07 - Feb 8 with 5178 viewsHuckerMOTM

Millwall on 17:03 - Feb 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Hucker,

The stands/concourses are smaller at Stockport and they can do it...

The club are lying because if away fans cause damage they will have to pay for it as opposition clubs will say it was their decision to hold them back.

It's honestly pure nonsense that they can't hold fans back. Absolute lies.
Millwall on 18:09 - Feb 8 with 4947 viewsPaddyhoops

Surprised this wasn’t an early kick off.
Millwall on 18:16 - Feb 8 with 4869 viewsstainrods_elbow

Millwall on 17:07 - Feb 8 by HuckerMOTM

The stands/concourses are smaller at Stockport and they can do it...

The club are lying because if away fans cause damage they will have to pay for it as opposition clubs will say it was their decision to hold them back.

It's honestly pure nonsense that they can't hold fans back. Absolute lies.

QPR/any football club lying to/taking fans for mugs! Well blow me down with a blue and white feather!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Millwall on 18:40 - Feb 8 with 4780 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, thanks Mick and Hucker.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millwall on 19:49 - Feb 8 with 4529 viewsactonman

We got held back at Luton last couple of years, outside the ground until the locals dispersed for a good 20 or 30 mins then marched all the way to the station via the back roads ! Could easily do the same with this lot
Millwall on 19:57 - Feb 8 with 4493 viewsconnell10

And gave the whole of the away end great days.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Millwall on 20:29 - Feb 8 with 4388 viewspaulhoop2

I can assure you all that this is very much a local council / Police call. No stadium safety director would ever put their name to a plan / decision that could have massive ramifications if it goes wrong. Maybe the clubs mentioned above don’t care or the local authorities and local police forces don’t either. Hillsborough mark 2 would not be a good look. It is the safest choice that could be made. If that means qpr are over cautious I’d take that. The council would not authorise a safety certificate for the game. Pinner - no rant taken mate hope my comment was taken well and not as maybe aggressive it seemed. The ones that would put pressure on these situations would be the council and police. Police have the Main say externally

Millwall on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 4317 viewsBushRanger82

Oh, for fvcks sake.

I'd sooner that they just banned Milwall fans from Loftus Rd altogether.
They're presence, isn't worth inconveniencing us, AGAIN!
Suppose every bloody copper in London will be drafted into Shepherd's Bush, too.
Always the same, never one around when you need one, but fvcking thousands when the spotty oiks from Milwall and Luton turn up.
Millwall on 21:00 - Feb 8 with 4289 viewsHuckerMOTM

Millwall on 20:29 - Feb 8 by paulhoop2

I can assure you all that this is very much a local council / Police call. No stadium safety director would ever put their name to a plan / decision that could have massive ramifications if it goes wrong. Maybe the clubs mentioned above don’t care or the local authorities and local police forces don’t either. Hillsborough mark 2 would not be a good look. It is the safest choice that could be made. If that means qpr are over cautious I’d take that. The council would not authorise a safety certificate for the game. Pinner - no rant taken mate hope my comment was taken well and not as maybe aggressive it seemed. The ones that would put pressure on these situations would be the council and police. Police have the Main say externally

No stadium safety director would put his name to a plan?

Did you miss my posts above about Liverpool fans being held back at Old Trafford, or Carlisle fans at Stockport?

How about Villa vs Birmingham?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Away+fans+face+lock-in+after+game.-a0467976421

Celtic vs Rangers?

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/16683438.fans-kick-off-old-firm-rangers-supp

I can go on, you know...

You mention Hillsborough but the fans affected on that awful day are held back so it's clearly not an issue.

The problem is Josh Scott who advised Lee Hoos that opposition clubs wouldn't pay for any damage to away ends and, therefore, hold backs should be banned.

Oh, and I've had this confirmed by a senior Police officer based at Hammersmith who asked the club to hold back fans on a number of occasions.

This, honestly, is not something to be a club apologist about because they're treating everyone like idiots.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 21:02]
Millwall on 21:14 - Feb 8 with 4250 viewspaulhoop2

Big difference between the school end and the old firm…

Hold backs can legally be defined as false imprisonment. Maybe just maybe qpr are being careful. They don’t wish to be sued etc. crowd management is a difficult game to be in. There are lots more to think about than the ones that think it’s easy to hold back. The local authority would have a field day, tell you what hucker your points may have some merit just but see if you can find any evidence about hold backs at chelski or Fulham both of whom have the same council etc.

Millwall on 21:38 - Feb 8 with 4156 viewsHuckerMOTM

Millwall on 21:14 - Feb 8 by paulhoop2

Big difference between the school end and the old firm…

Hold backs can legally be defined as false imprisonment. Maybe just maybe qpr are being careful. They don’t wish to be sued etc. crowd management is a difficult game to be in. There are lots more to think about than the ones that think it’s easy to hold back. The local authority would have a field day, tell you what hucker your points may have some merit just but see if you can find any evidence about hold backs at chelski or Fulham both of whom have the same council etc.

I've been to Old Firm matches, it's the easiest match in the country to let away fans leave at the same time especially at Parkhead where Celtic fans can head down Gallowgate through the 'Catholic' area and Rangers fans are diverted down London Road and Bridgeton through the 'Protestant' area.

And anyway, when I've also posted evidence that Carlisle fans were held back at Stockport in an end far smaller than the School End and with even smaller concourses so it's clearly not about the big rivalries or big stadiums either. Fans are held back all across the country and throughout the season with no issues.

Fulham have never needed to hold back away fans and the gentrification of Premier League football means Chelsea don't need to either for the most part now but they are allowed to hold back if deemed necessary but it was done often up to 2005/6 or there or there abouts.

This honestly has nothing to do with anyone apart from Scott and Hoos.
Millwall on 00:12 - Feb 9 with 3930 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My reaction to this pretty minor bit of news

Millwall on 08:28 - Feb 9 with 3701 viewsswitchingcode

One of the few things I don’t miss from the championship is playing them.
Millwall on 11:26 - Feb 9 with 3465 viewsthemodfather

well why don't we just give them the upper tier and no sales to general sale? limit them at ours, like they do at theirs. why give them 2500? they then flood the area and it becomes a virtual no-go zone and extremely hostile . police may be present but do not stop the rucks.
Millwall on 17:35 - Feb 9 with 3120 viewsPinnerPaul

Millwall on 20:29 - Feb 8 by paulhoop2

Fair enough , its not an easy one I accept, but the Luton situation was just plain stupid.

Even saw a guy older than me arguing the point at the time - it would actually have been safer to let us out onto ER and BR as by the time Luton fans came out most QPR fans would have been long gone!
Millwall on 18:20 - Feb 9 with 3044 viewsstowmarketrange

Millwall on 11:26 - Feb 9 by themodfather

well why don't we just give them the upper tier and no sales to general sale? limit them at ours, like they do at theirs. why give them 2500? they then flood the area and it becomes a virtual no-go zone and extremely hostile . police may be present but do not stop the rucks.

Exactly this.Why do we have to suffer every time these idiots cross town in numbers?
The more they are allowed to bring,the more problems are created.Give them the top tier only and deal with them inside the ground.If that means have each side bit is left unsold to allow them to be safely kept INSIDE the ground then so be it.
I can’t think of many other grounds around the country where the away fans are treated as well as what we do to ours.
They are the problem,not us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024