Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD Highlights are a joke 23:55 - Sep 15 with 13232 viewsRanger78

I can no longer stomach watching MOTD.

For so many years playing non Prem League, we have had nothing to compare against but now we are at the games, the MOTD highlights stand out as being so poor!

They are also so biased towards the big teams its embarrassing

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 23:59 - Sep 15 with 8506 viewsLewes_r

Was gonna start a similar thread.. Obvious none of the muppets watched the game and decided to focus on penalties and not on our ability to more than live with the form team in the prem.. To be expected really. Fckum

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 23:59 - Sep 15 with 8499 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

QPR were non-existent in highlights. Will watch sky's extended in the morning

F*ck off Shearer

It's got to be Yarg

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:03 - Sep 16 with 8466 viewsactionword

They are a joke but I can kind of understand it as they do only have a certain amount of time meaning they only focus on key events such as controversial penalty decisions.

To be honest it doesn't really bother me as I and everyone who watched the match knew we were more than good enough for a point against the scum.
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:07 - Sep 16 with 8452 viewsRanger78

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:03 - Sep 16 by actionword

They are a joke but I can kind of understand it as they do only have a certain amount of time meaning they only focus on key events such as controversial penalty decisions.

To be honest it doesn't really bother me as I and everyone who watched the match knew we were more than good enough for a point against the scum.

I get that but it angers me that the 2 possible Chelsea sending offs nit even mentioned??

You would also think that Granero and Faurlin didnt play, definitely biased IMO
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:10 - Sep 16 with 8436 viewshamptonhillhoop

I was amazed when I got in the car, turned on he radio and heard "and Chelsea will feel they did enough to win that!" not the game I watched. In fairness Danny Mills was very even in his analysis. However, should have known, pre match they did ten minutes on the handshake then two minutes on Chelsea, nothing about us at all
No showing of the two footed tackles, or pretty much any Rangers possession or chances. Joke
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:12 - Sep 16 with 8429 viewseastside_r

As I stated on the other thread, the editor of MOTD is a scum fan he's been in the job for years. Unless we put the ball in the net, all other incidents will be contrived and edited in their favour.

Gary and the Alans will have limited input on what is shown in the highlights. I think we will have to dig this **** out and name and shame him. It really is embarrassing.
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:15 - Sep 16 with 8419 viewsactonman

Bit of a weird one, considering the fact this was a london derby and all the other stuff between the Shlag and Anton, I would have thought this game was a shoe in for tv especially as there are no other "big games" this weekend.

Maybe the fact we got arsefcuked 6 - 1 at theirs a few months ago left the tv people thinking our derby is no more exciting than the mancs against Wigan ??
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:15 - Sep 16 with 8417 viewsactionword

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:07 - Sep 16 by Ranger78

I get that but it angers me that the 2 possible Chelsea sending offs nit even mentioned??

You would also think that Granero and Faurlin didnt play, definitely biased IMO

I wouldn't say it was biased as they didn't talk about either side and just focused on the two pen decisions.

MOTD is rubbish. They only ever point out bad defending (in this week's edition Southampton) or bad goalkeeping (Vorm and Al-Habsi) and rarely get into much tactical anaylsis. I think this week they noted that Joe Allen passes sideways and backwards a lot, well blow me down, I had never noticed that before. They also noted that Yaya Toure is actually rather good at going forward and is not just a DM....again, what cutting "anaylsis".

Cnts
Login to get fewer ads

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:22 - Sep 16 with 8383 viewsrobfacey

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:15 - Sep 16 by actionword

I wouldn't say it was biased as they didn't talk about either side and just focused on the two pen decisions.

MOTD is rubbish. They only ever point out bad defending (in this week's edition Southampton) or bad goalkeeping (Vorm and Al-Habsi) and rarely get into much tactical anaylsis. I think this week they noted that Joe Allen passes sideways and backwards a lot, well blow me down, I had never noticed that before. They also noted that Yaya Toure is actually rather good at going forward and is not just a DM....again, what cutting "anaylsis".

Cnts

Hi folks.

Just wanted to throw in my tuppence... I work for MOTD and often have the honour of editing our games. (I've done the Norwich and Man City games this season if you are interested).

So HOPEFULLY that will kill the myth that everyone at the Beeb/MOTD hates us and edits the games so we look terrible etc etc etc etc.

Now, I didn't do today's game, but I can assure with that there is/was ever a bias to make us look shit/other teams look good because - quite frankly - why on earth would we want to do that?

In terms of what Gary & whoever is in the studio talk about - that is their view. Separate people watch the games with them and help them with their analysis but once again I can confirm that we don't all sit about and decide to gang up on a player/team as a collective.

Understand frustrations of course and happy to answer some Qs - but just wanted to point out that everyone on the show loves their football and, whilst obviously supporting different teams, are all professionals and don't actively set about to shaft clubs/supporters.

Cheers

Rob (@robfacey if you want to abuse me on twitter)
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:24 - Sep 16 with 8365 viewsrobfacey

*updated without typos*

Hi folks.

Just wanted to throw in my tuppence... I work for MOTD as an AP and often have the honour of cutting our games. (I've done the Norwich and Man City games this season if you are interested).

So HOPEFULLY that will kill the myth that everyone at the Beeb/MOTD hates us and edits the games so we look terrible etc etc etc etc.

Now, I didn't do today's game, but I can assure with that there is/was never ever a bias to make us look shit/other teams look good because - quite frankly - why on earth would we want to do that?

In terms of what Gary & whoever is in the studio talk about - that is their view. Separate people watch the games with them and help them with their analysis but once again I can confirm that we don't all sit about and decide to gang up on a player/team as a collective.

Understand frustrations of course and happy to answer some Qs - but just wanted to point out that everyone on the show loves their football and, whilst obviously supporting different teams, are all professionals and don't actively set about to shaft clubs/supporters.

Cheers

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:28 - Sep 16 with 8352 viewsactionword

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:22 - Sep 16 by robfacey

Hi folks.

Just wanted to throw in my tuppence... I work for MOTD and often have the honour of editing our games. (I've done the Norwich and Man City games this season if you are interested).

Now, I didn't do today's game, but I can assure with that there is/was ever a bias to make us look shit/other teams look good because - quite frankly - why on earth would we want to do that?

Cheers

Hi Rob,

I am sure there is no bias but it is quite frustrating to see a programme that used to be quite good now be frankly quite bad. The match order seems to be arranged purely by how many goals were scored and not how good the game was.

Also, why is Gary so smug? And when can the two "Al's" be put out to pasture?
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:29 - Sep 16 with 8342 viewsJoolzz

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:24 - Sep 16 by robfacey

*updated without typos*

Hi folks.

Just wanted to throw in my tuppence... I work for MOTD as an AP and often have the honour of cutting our games. (I've done the Norwich and Man City games this season if you are interested).

Now, I didn't do today's game, but I can assure with that there is/was never ever a bias to make us look shit/other teams look good because - quite frankly - why on earth would we want to do that?

Cheers

started a similar thread without knowing this one was up and running...so apologies...went looking for a lighter whilst halfway through writing it.In all seriousness,the program is so tired and the presenters are so lacking in energy,charisma that its become a tired joke.There is so much that could be done with it to make it good...
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:31 - Sep 16 with 8330 viewshamptonhillhoop

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:24 - Sep 16 by robfacey

*updated without typos*

Hi folks.

Cheers

"Separate people watch the games with them and help them with their analysis?"
Why, I thought they were ex professional experts. Do they not understand what they have just watched? I've now got an image of them sitting watching the game with someone next to them telling them what's happening because theyre too thick to work it out themselves
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:32 - Sep 16 with 8329 viewsRanger78

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:22 - Sep 16 by robfacey

Hi folks.

Cheers

Thanks for the post and it is good to know.

Unfortunately, my minds made up and tonight is my last watch. I'll wait for Sky's Goals On Sunday.

I have thought for some time that the MOTD hughlights do not truly reflect the game but today has done it for me.

My bias comments are because of the focus on the penalties with not a mention of the 2 possible sending offs?? Surely the are highlights and possible game changing moments that warrant discussion?

I am not biased myself, I actually think that both could have been penalties, maybe, I am the only one who thought they could have been Reds?
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:36 - Sep 16 with 8308 viewsrobfacey

Just to clarify the "help with analysis" point... To use an example, say Shearer wanted to talk about Bale in a Spurs game, then at HT & FT he would give us a heads up, I'd go and clip up various bits that Shearer or whoever wanted - a cross, a tackle, goal, whatever.

Different people do the match edits and do the analysis... that's what I mean. Obviously they are all pros and know the game.
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:37 - Sep 16 with 8304 viewseastside_r

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:36 - Sep 16 by robfacey

Just to clarify the "help with analysis" point... To use an example, say Shearer wanted to talk about Bale in a Spurs game, then at HT & FT he would give us a heads up, I'd go and clip up various bits that Shearer or whoever wanted - a cross, a tackle, goal, whatever.

Different people do the match edits and do the analysis... that's what I mean. Obviously they are all pros and know the game.

Hi Rob

Just want you to confirm that the editor is a C***** fan, that's all we want to know. I am sure there is no conscious bias.

But it's inevitable that he will show them bias, especially given their innate arrogance and dismissiveness of QPR and other perceived lesser teams.

Why haven’t you punched his lights out for being a scumbag?
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:37 - Sep 16 with 8300 viewsLewes_r

Cheers for coming on Rob.

Got to admit you lot can't do anything about what the pundits say ( they absolutely love the champions league teams plus Newcastle .. Not a lot you can do about that I know but please try to sneak in some Granero nutmegs in future weeks. This will soften the blow of being seen as lucky to be in the prem

Cheers

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:39 - Sep 16 with 8291 viewsJuzzie

Rob, there may not be a bias to makes us (or anyone) look shit but I know I'll be going into work on Monday with people telling me we were lucky, Chelsea should have had 2 penalties etc etc. No mention on MoTD of how good Granero/Faurlin were, no mention that Ramires and Bertrand should have been sent off etc etc so I'm going to have to explain all this to put straight what people believe when they watch MoTD.

It was the same after our game up at Man City in May. No credit whatsoever that if it wasn't for US, there would never have been that amazing finalé. All they did was go on and on about Barton's sending off. Yes, it warranted discussion because it was so bad but you have to offset that with the good the the rest of the QPR players brought to the game that day.

My tuppence worth: get rid of Hansen, Shearer, Lawrenson. No one gives a monkeys what they think. Save the huge salaries that they don't deserve and use the huge amount of dead air-time while they waffle on and replace it with more footage from the games.

I don't need it explaining to me what I have just seen on the highlights, thank you very much.

edit: appreciate you coming on here :o)

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:45 - Sep 16 with 8260 viewsted_hendrix

The programme has become tired, dated and is in need of a total revamp.

Speaking for myself I only watch the QPR games, I find the rest of It bloody tiresome to be honest, It needs shaking up It's tedious and predictable.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:53 - Sep 16 with 8230 viewseastside_r

There is certainly no anti-R's bias, let's leave that sort of paranoia to other teams.

But there is a definite pro-C***** bias from the MOTD editor. Any games with them involved focus on pro-C****** incidents and ignore positive action from their opponents. Today is one such example of many.

As I have demonstrated for a long time I am a massive BBC fan, but it is either time to outsource MOTD to an independent production company or get rid of this hopelessly biased individual.
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:54 - Sep 16 with 8229 viewsqprxtc

Rob, nice for you to take the time out and speak to fellow R's fans. But... If I were in your position on such a programme, I would make the Rangers look world beaters every week (not that we aren't). Such a privileged position cannot be not abused to it's fullest.

Put us on first every week, if we don't win it's a massive conspiracy and if we do, it's even more of a conspiracy that we didn't win by more.

With great power comes great responsibility, but Bol locks to that that my son and Come on you R's.......

Do the right thing Rob.
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:57 - Sep 16 with 8220 viewsJoolzz

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:36 - Sep 16 by robfacey

Hi Rob.Has there ever been any discussions as to when Lineker and Co might be relieved of their duties?....I do not know a single person that does not think that the presenting,analysis,format is tired and way past its sell-by date.

Lets be honest,you have the rights to a superb product,visually,with all the cameras and technology,its fantastic,and because of this,you will always get good viewing figures whoever is presenting the show.

Hansen im afraid,offers so little in analysis and insight its embaressing.Do you not think its time for a change,or that its a fantastic opportunity to try something different with different people?
MOTD Highlights are a joke on 01:03 - Sep 16 with 8209 viewsDave_Mc

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 00:57 - Sep 16 by Joolzz

Hi Rob.Has there ever been any discussions as to when Lineker and Co might be relieved of their duties?....I do not know a single person that does not think that the presenting,analysis,format is tired and way past its sell-by date.

Lets be honest,you have the rights to a superb product,visually,with all the cameras and technology,its fantastic,and because of this,you will always get good viewing figures whoever is presenting the show.

Hansen im afraid,offers so little in analysis and insight its embaressing.Do you not think its time for a change,or that its a fantastic opportunity to try something different with different people?

MOTD editor is not a Chelsea fan.

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 01:03 - Sep 16 with 8207 viewsrobfacey

Without listing who EVERY body on the show works for - I can confirm that the editor of the show supports a team from the North of England. Who play in the Championship. But yes, there are Chelsea fans, there are Liverpool fans, there are Spurs fans, there are United fans, there are Crewe fans, there are Shrews fans...

So sadly the whole show being a massive pro Chelsea propaganda tool just is not true.

What and how match action goes into the edits depends on many things and without going into it and boring you all to death time is the biggest constraint. I'm sure you can all agree that a penalty shout is more noteworthy than a lovely flowing move that results in a throw in, say. So when time is tight, which it always is on MOTD, then obviously something has to give.

Like I said, the whole Lineker/pundit thing is out of our hands from the production side of things but we know that they are not everyone's cup of tea.

All I'm saying is when it comes to criticism - which is fine, by the way - the edits/VTs and the chat in the studio are two different things.

MOTD Highlights are a joke on 01:07 - Sep 16 with 8195 viewsLewes_r

Rob. Can you or can't you show as many Granero nutmegs and general skill pieces as possible?

This will make us all much happier

There is a dissappointed bearded Spanish man sitting on a couch wondering why there are countless replays of a young Belgian diving into the grass

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024