Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season 08:56 - Apr 16 with 5545 viewsRanger78

What does everybody really think about HR staying in the champ?

I'll start, I know I am going to be very unpopular for saying it but I am terrified with the thought if him staying.

I just don't see him suited to the Championship or our club and I am not sure I can continue listening to him blame everybody else?

In no way am I going to defend Hughes .... this season was an aboute mess fir him, a dusgrace in fact but it really does make me smile that when he was in charge it was always his fault and now that Redknapp is in charge, it is always the players fault??? Lets not forget last season Hughes had to contend with all if the sending offs... the players faults but still kept us up

I am also not going to defend the players in anyway, most if them have been a disgrace but I am very angry that HR seems to escape any kind of criticism.

Has he really done a good job?? In my opinion, if he was even half as good as most people think, then he should have kept us up. I am not saying it was an easy task but under HR, we have not even managed to beat Norwich and Wigan at home..... surely he should at least be questioned???

I am worried that with such a big squad of highly paid players and with him on such a big contract himself, we are in a much bigger mess than most are prepared to admit??

He is going to want a ton of money to go again with championship players and I'm very worried.

Does anyone else share my concerns or am I being an idiot??? Is HR really the right man??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:15 - Apr 16 with 4143 viewsJonDoeman

Oh no, an open invitation to the Soton bores!

It Is What It Is !!

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:18 - Apr 16 with 4138 viewsCanadaRanger

Yes, he is the right man.
But if he leaves, get Ollie.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:26 - Apr 16 with 4126 viewsRangersw12

Redknapp isn't blameless although he won't get any criticism from the media

If Palace don't go up I would go for Holloway he built the club when we were on our knees before and can do it again

The only positives of Redknapp staying is that we have some stability ( until a prem a manager gets sacked) and some of the better players might stay under him
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:38 - Apr 16 with 4106 viewsadhoc_qpr

He's done an OK job, considering he parachuted in to a complete mess, but he ultimately failed to save us and all those home draws vs Norwich, Wigan, Villa, West Brom have cost us in the long run.

If he stays at least he seems motivated to get rid of the workshy players who have tarnished his reputation and CV with another relegation!

Not bothered if he leaves, as long as we don't end up paying another manager off and replace him after a proper search and interview process!!!
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:39 - Apr 16 with 4107 viewsTGRRRSSS

When youve not won a game and aquired only 4 points and it's November then thats where the blame lies. We faield to prepare (Hughes) so we prepared to fail.
Harry has made a few mistakes here and there but in reality how much could he do with that squad in the mess it was.
Yes he can do a job next season, very much so. Worked for years at Lower League level.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:40 - Apr 16 with 4104 viewsozexile

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:26 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

If Palace don't go up I would go for Holloway he built the club when we were on our knees before and can do it again

The only positives of Redknapp staying is that we have some stability ( until a prem a manager gets sacked) and some of the better players might stay under him

Redknapp has coached at that level before. That level certainly isn't rocket science as we discovered with warnock. Strong back 4 and midfield need to earn the right to play week in and week out. That's where we could be in trouble.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:40 - Apr 16 with 4103 viewsbosh67

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:26 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

This. Not sure Ollie would return to be honest.

If HR is up for the fight and the project then he should stay. However I agree that if a top flight job comes up he may just drift away.

Karl Robinson would be one of the others to consider. He has a 45% win rate at MK Dons and could make the step up (profile is a problem perhaps for the board). The other candidates would be Jean Tigana (although he had a bad time in China, but then who doesn't) and Chris Coleman, both of whom know the Championship.

If Harry does go I'd like Ole Gunnar Solskjær to come in, even though he doesn't have experience in this league he appears to be a natural manager.

Or... Ryan Nelson!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:42 - Apr 16 with 4101 viewsGloucs_R

How can a top class manager like Harry not be suited to the Championship? Do Championship teams turn over Prem teams very often in the cup?

Stick with Harry, let him work out what we need to get back up. At least we wont have a bunch of 30+ last contract players under him.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 4079 viewsdaveB

if we are rebuilding from top to bottom then go for Gus Poyet, if we want an experienced hand to shape a squad from season to season with no long term planning then you are not going to get much better than Redknapp.

I'm not sure which way is the right one to go, I'd love us to have a long term plan and strategy but with the money spent and the new rules coming in we don't really have time for a 4 year plan.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:58 - Apr 16 with 4070 viewsRangersw12

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 09:40 - Apr 16 by bosh67

This. Not sure Ollie would return to be honest.

If HR is up for the fight and the project then he should stay. However I agree that if a top flight job comes up he may just drift away.

Karl Robinson would be one of the others to consider. He has a 45% win rate at MK Dons and could make the step up (profile is a problem perhaps for the board). The other candidates would be Jean Tigana (although he had a bad time in China, but then who doesn't) and Chris Coleman, both of whom know the Championship.

If Harry does go I'd like Ole Gunnar Solskjær to come in, even though he doesn't have experience in this league he appears to be a natural manager.

Or... Ryan Nelson!

I like Robinson has done a very good job at MK they play very good football and he has coped with limited resources

Karl Robinson as manager with Warnock as DOF ?
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 10:01 - Apr 16 with 4066 viewsEssex_Ranger

The fact that if you look at the table from when he took over we would be mid-table speaks volumes.

He had an impossible job and personally I think its testament to him that we have managed to get to this point in the season without officially being relegated. If he had taken over after the shambles of the West Ham home game and not managed to do it then I would maybe question what he's done but at the end of the day you can't give teams 20 odd points and half a season head start in this league.

Whether he is the right man for next season depends on what we plan to do. If we are going to do what Newcastle/West Ham did and keep the bulk of a "best" players (excluding Remy as I expect him to go regardless of whether we want to keep him or not) and maybe add a couple of top quality Championship players such as Rhodes then Harry should stay.

However - if the squad has yet another complete overhaul and we need to do some major cost cutting and are looking to bring in players from the lower leagues I think we need someone else to come in and get a young and up and coming manager in such as Robinson from MK or something along those lines.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 4042 viewsHollowayRanger

for me someone harry ?doctors ?zamorra himself? screwed up massively

in january

if we had had a fit target man to support remy we may well have survived the few times zamorra has been fit we have done well but far too often remy has been on his own and we have suffered

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 4043 viewsStanisgod

Yes, give him a go. Everybody has been crying out for managerial stability for yonks,now some are saying change the manager again !
If he decides to stay that proves to me he's motivated toput right what's happened this season. Just don't give him an open cheque book, andif he wants to spend zillions then say good-bye.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 11:18 - Apr 16 with 3978 viewsRanger78

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 10:10 - Apr 16 by Stanisgod

Yes, give him a go. Everybody has been crying out for managerial stability for yonks,now some are saying change the manager again !
If he decides to stay that proves to me he's motivated toput right what's happened this season. Just don't give him an open cheque book, andif he wants to spend zillions then say good-bye.

I agree, if he chooses to stay that proves he's motivated but I am worried that he will want that open cheque book is exactly what he wants.

I'm also worried that if he does ok and a Prem Job comes up, he's off and we start again
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 11:26 - Apr 16 with 3968 viewsQPRDave

Who is the right man?....Most fans (me included) thought Mark Hughes was the man. Think back to the managers we had, yes Flavio's trigger finger was little too twitchy at times, but i didn't have a lot of belief in any of em tbh.
Let's try a bit of stability managerial wise and see where we go......although it sounds like the player revolving door is gonna be spinning again this summer....so we'll be starting again next season with another fresh team
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 3935 viewsQPunkR

Look, he's not gonna stay. He's already laid down the foundations for his leaving with his 'if it's not in everyone's best interests' line.
I just hope the board are preparing now. If we can't get Ollie back in (and not sure he'd return), I'd go for another ex-manager, as I was saying before we ended up with that clueless cúnt H*ghes, and see if we can tempt Gigi de Canio back.

QPR - "shit but local"

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:24 - Apr 16 with 3905 viewsR_from_afar

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 11:26 - Apr 16 by QPRDave

Who is the right man?....Most fans (me included) thought Mark Hughes was the man. Think back to the managers we had, yes Flavio's trigger finger was little too twitchy at times, but i didn't have a lot of belief in any of em tbh.
Let's try a bit of stability managerial wise and see where we go......although it sounds like the player revolving door is gonna be spinning again this summer....so we'll be starting again next season with another fresh team

You are so right about most fans saying MH was the best choice, and he certainly was the logical one. I thought he was a good choice too.

However, now we have umpteen fans - and pundits - using the benefit of hindsight - which makes everyone an expert - to say it was a mistake. They also cry that QPR needs stability, overlooking the fact that that was clearly the reason while TF stuck with Hughes for so long.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:33 - Apr 16 with 3880 viewsrobith

Contrary to what he's said, I will be stunned if he stays. He'll have resigned by the third shrill of the final whistle in the Liverpool game
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:36 - Apr 16 with 3869 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Redknapp goes we shouldn't just handpick one chosen manager and then appoint him - we should conduct a much more rigorous process!

Interview multiple candidates and let people sell themselves to the club - not vice versa!
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:46 - Apr 16 with 3843 viewsElHoop

He's definitely good enough and Karl Robinson is definitely NOT good enough - a manager good enough for the Premier League should have got the Dons out of Div 2 by now.

Is Harry the right man though? Well if he isn't then who is the right man? Will we find somebody better? It's a gamble and surely the board won't gamble again?

I wonder whether pulis will survive at Stoke, even if they stay up, and that might release Gerry Francis to take a role somewhere, perhaps in the hole between board and manager. Not sure whether Harry and Gerry get on though, but it would give us someone who is 'QPR' looking after us a bit.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 13:42 - Apr 16 with 3770 viewswestolian

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:46 - Apr 16 by ElHoop

He's definitely good enough and Karl Robinson is definitely NOT good enough - a manager good enough for the Premier League should have got the Dons out of Div 2 by now.

Is Harry the right man though? Well if he isn't then who is the right man? Will we find somebody better? It's a gamble and surely the board won't gamble again?

I wonder whether pulis will survive at Stoke, even if they stay up, and that might release Gerry Francis to take a role somewhere, perhaps in the hole between board and manager. Not sure whether Harry and Gerry get on though, but it would give us someone who is 'QPR' looking after us a bit.

I couldn't give a shlit if any new man is "QPR" - You make it sound like it would turn it into some sort of Liverpool Boot Room !

The mention of Gerry Francis sends shudders down my spine - people keep on harping back to the olden days, cos it works at Liverpool with Dalglish

The hardest decision will end up being the best decision, getting someone in to take us forward that may hang around for a few years

Why the fixation for someone "QPR" ? What makes them better qualified than someone outside QPR ?

I'm genuinely interested to know.

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 13:42 - Apr 16 with 3768 viewsNW5Hoop

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 10:01 - Apr 16 by Essex_Ranger

The fact that if you look at the table from when he took over we would be mid-table speaks volumes.

He had an impossible job and personally I think its testament to him that we have managed to get to this point in the season without officially being relegated. If he had taken over after the shambles of the West Ham home game and not managed to do it then I would maybe question what he's done but at the end of the day you can't give teams 20 odd points and half a season head start in this league.

Whether he is the right man for next season depends on what we plan to do. If we are going to do what Newcastle/West Ham did and keep the bulk of a "best" players (excluding Remy as I expect him to go regardless of whether we want to keep him or not) and maybe add a couple of top quality Championship players such as Rhodes then Harry should stay.

However - if the squad has yet another complete overhaul and we need to do some major cost cutting and are looking to bring in players from the lower leagues I think we need someone else to come in and get a young and up and coming manager in such as Robinson from MK or something along those lines.

Sorry, but his record is fractionally over one point a game. Which is relegation battle form, though not way adrift of safety form.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 13:44 - Apr 16 with 3763 viewsNW5Hoop

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:24 - Apr 16 by R_from_afar

You are so right about most fans saying MH was the best choice, and he certainly was the logical one. I thought he was a good choice too.

However, now we have umpteen fans - and pundits - using the benefit of hindsight - which makes everyone an expert - to say it was a mistake. They also cry that QPR needs stability, overlooking the fact that that was clearly the reason while TF stuck with Hughes for so long.

RFA

Yes, loads of us did welcome Hughes. But the key thing is that it's not our job to appoint the right man, whereas it is the club's.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 13:50 - Apr 16 with 3754 viewsElHoop

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 13:42 - Apr 16 by westolian

I couldn't give a shlit if any new man is "QPR" - You make it sound like it would turn it into some sort of Liverpool Boot Room !

The mention of Gerry Francis sends shudders down my spine - people keep on harping back to the olden days, cos it works at Liverpool with Dalglish

The hardest decision will end up being the best decision, getting someone in to take us forward that may hang around for a few years

Why the fixation for someone "QPR" ? What makes them better qualified than someone outside QPR ?

I'm genuinely interested to know.

Why is someone being 'QPR' improtant?

Well it would depend who it was. There aren't many people sufficiently 'QPR' who I would possibly trust in that role. Probably Gerry is the only one. Everyone seems to be in it for themselves these days, would Gerry be the same? Maybe he would, but I think he's less likely to be like that than most, and he seems to know what he's doing.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 3725 viewsfakekerby

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 10:01 - Apr 16 by Essex_Ranger

Hardly 'mid table' form, we're 14th from when Harry took over with around 1 point per game, which is 38 points across a whole season which would maybe scrape you staying up.

Harry's done an okay job, but I don't think he had 'an impossible job' especially given he had the whole of January.

That said, missing out on Crouch/Odemwingie and M'Vila has probably cost us and they were a big part of his plans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024