Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DJ Campbell wants to stay 12:06 - May 29 with 3118 viewsRanger78

He's still contracted to us for another season and wants to stay to prove himself.

Surely, he's exactly what we're going to need next year'? He's desperate to play for us so will be commited to the cause. Also a proven scorer in this division.

I would really love to see him given a chance
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:08 - May 29 with 3107 viewsYorkRanger

It is pure madness to think he is not worth a place in our squad. Has proved over a number of years that he can score goals at this level.
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:09 - May 29 with 3090 viewsJamie

Contract expires next month.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:14 - May 29 with 3055 viewsTHEBUSH

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:09 - May 29 by Jamie

If so, he's asking for a new contract, why not !!

Reading between the lines, our boss HR, don't fancy DJ, as a player or don't like him for some reason, sort it out Harry ?
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:16 - May 29 with 3043 viewsQPunkR

He'll go somewhere else on a free at this level and score lots of goals for them, including against us

QPR - "shit but local"

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:22 - May 29 with 2999 viewsDaBurgh

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:16 - May 29 by QPunkR

He'll go somewhere else on a free at this level and score lots of goals for them, including against us

C'mon someone tweet TF and tell him this is a no brainer, if we miss out on this then HR should be put in the stocks and pelted with loads of rotten fruit and veg and the occasional mangy dog.

This will definitely come back to haunt us if not.
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:23 - May 29 with 2991 viewsRanger78

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:09 - May 29 by Jamie

Reading today's reports, they seem to suggest he has another year??

If it is expiring now then like another post suggests, he's asking for another one.

We seem to have 3 proven players at Championship level in DJ, Faurlin and Tarrabt but none look as if they'll get a chance.

Seems like madness
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:41 - May 29 with 2905 viewsHollowayRanger

if it were a choice of harry as manager or campbell at the club

id choose campbell

proven championship striker
and a QPR fan so we know he will give 110% in front of family and friends

we will need at least 4 strikers anyway and theres no way in hell johnson is going play 46 games we will be very lucky to get 30 games out if him and who better than dj a like for like player to slot in

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:44 - May 29 with 2889 viewsR_from_afar

This is one of the reasons why Redknapp infuriates me. The way he has treated DJ, you would think he would rather have Zamora play on one leg than let a fit and proven goal scorer like DJ have a go. Madness!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:50 - May 29 with 2851 viewssimmo

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 12:44 - May 29 by R_from_afar

This is one of the reasons why Redknapp infuriates me. The way he has treated DJ, you would think he would rather have Zamora play on one leg than let a fit and proven goal scorer like DJ have a go. Madness!

RFA

I can see similar situations to this developing all through the summer. You will probably find that players like this will be out the door just before Redknapp follows them.

It also contradicts what he is saying, talking about people that 'care' and want to graft. Here we have a player, proven at this level as recently as a few months ago, that supports the club, that has something to prove, who would probably accept reasonable wages as part of a contract extension, and Redknapp doesnt fancy it. It's ridiculous.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 13:02 - May 29 with 2814 viewsadhoc_qpr

I wouldn't let one dodgy game in our unmotivated cup team decide his fate - even last season on loan he proved he is prolific in the Championship.

If he's got another year on his contract and he's fit, we should keep him, absolute no brainer.

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 13:08 - May 29 with 2787 viewstoboboly

He was supposed to be out of contract at the end of this season. I would definately keep him, scored 10 in 17 for Ipswich last season.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 17:52 - May 29 with 2530 viewsGetMeRangers

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 13:08 - May 29 by toboboly

He was supposed to be out of contract at the end of this season. I would definately keep him, scored 10 in 17 for Ipswich last season.

The goals for the tractor boys shows that he will be excellent at this level. When his move was ballsed up to blackburn, he was loaned with the view to make it permanent when his contract expired this summer, or at least that is how I remember it
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:03 - May 29 with 2506 viewsbosh67

DJ is a fan and would love to do well at his boyhood club. He would sweat blood for us. Exactly the kind of attitude we will need next season and the kind of player needed. Expect HR will therefore let him go!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:09 - May 29 with 2483 viewsted_hendrix

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 17:52 - May 29 by GetMeRangers

The goals for the tractor boys shows that he will be excellent at this level. When his move was ballsed up to blackburn, he was loaned with the view to make it permanent when his contract expired this summer, or at least that is how I remember it

He was talking to Bruce at Hull and then went to Blackburn instead which really pissed Bruce off.

Here we have a ready made goal scorer in the Championship, I don't understand why he hasn't been signed up already?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:10 - May 29 with 2484 viewsBklynRanger

HR was asked about DJ during the season and he half said, or started to say, that he's a good player but isn't of the quality for the Premier League.

If that's all it is then he'd be mad not to keep him now that we're in the very league that HR and all the stats suggest DJ is suited to.

If he does go it'll seem pretty clear to me that it's more to do with some kind of personal dislike or tattoo allergy on Redknapp's part.
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:13 - May 29 with 2474 viewsDesertBoot

Something very wrong if DJ and indeed Faurlin aren't in the starting XI on August 3. Aren't these two exactly the mould of player TF wants playing for us.

Wish I could be like David Watts

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:19 - May 29 with 2462 viewsDieByYourSide

Harry Redknapp is a mug.

We'll let DJ go on a free to Ipswich where he'll team up with Ebanks Blake and fire them up the table. Newly promoted Palace will make a £3m offer for Andy Johnson which Arry will reject as AJ and Bob are our top two strikers, both get injured in September and we get Peter Odemwingie on an emergency loan....

Poll: And it's hi ho

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:54 - May 29 with 2425 viewsHollowayRanger

wouldnt be because keeping dj = no percentage of any transfer fees for harry

while getting rid of him and signing a player for even just a million might give harry a percentage of the sale ?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 19:51 - May 29 with 2388 viewsstuabd

That decision not to bring him back when we had no back-up strikers was unbelievable.

As has been said, good at this level, supports the club. What more do you want?
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 20:07 - May 29 with 2352 viewsRanger78

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 18:54 - May 29 by HollowayRanger

wouldnt be because keeping dj = no percentage of any transfer fees for harry

while getting rid of him and signing a player for even just a million might give harry a percentage of the sale ?

Cynical but it really makes you wonder!!
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 07:48 - May 30 with 2223 viewsbeeeater

Bet he goes to Palace on a free and bangs in loads of goals for them
DJ Campbell wants to stay on 14:20 - May 30 with 2158 viewss1cRanger

I think he will either go to Ipswich or back to Blackpool. They haven't really replaced him since their stint in the prem.

DJ Campbell wants to stay on 14:25 - May 30 with 2148 viewsadhoc_qpr

Fitness is the only viable reason not to keep him - and he seemed fine in his Ipswich loan spell.

He's no spring chicken, but he's slightly younger than AJ and Zamora, both of whom are crocks.

It's not the quite same situation as Bothroyd, who has a decent Championship record, but has had multiple chances to stake a claim since joining us unsuccessfully (albeit at prem level).

DJ hasn't has a real chance for a run in the team and now we are playing at his level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024