Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My biggest worry 03:44 - Feb 5 with 4137 viewsSwanfan1

The Laudrup disciples, many of the players who came from Spain very isolated here in Swansea, Michu chosing to extend his contract because of ML.
Canás chosing Swansea despite being offered higher wages at WBA.

I think the timing is odd, it should have been done earlier, or later.

How will Chico react with Monk guiding him ?,

I hope the players show professionalism and go on, we are getting slacked everywhere
and we wont be any media darlings, but we dont care !

Mirror article : also mentioned the Spanish players being a clique of their own, not healthy for the club.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

My biggest worry on 04:05 - Feb 5 with 4101 viewsLord_Bony

The problem is players like Michu,JDG,Chico etc worship Laudrup.

With him gone under these circumstances they too may not have the heart in it and just be going through the motions of playing till the season ends.

Gary Monk has only recently qualified to be a premiership manager and has passed the last few weeks his exam I think.to manage a prem side normally requires working up the ranks at least 5-10 years as not many clubs would put a rookie in at this level....especially this time of the season with so much resting on it....

I really think we should have had a mediator brought in to sort out any issues between ML and the board and players...

Would have been a much better option than this.

Chico attacking Garry with a brick last week and the police being called in says it all really....
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 4:07]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

My biggest worry on 05:45 - Feb 5 with 3990 viewsCatullus

We don't have time for a mediator and the official line is there was never a brick. They had a row, they sorted it, end of.
Depends who you choose to believe I guess.
Whatever you think about this we don't need endless speculation. We need to pull together behind Monk and Curt.
The Spanish will do what they will do, as will the other Laudrup signings.
And if we give enough support it may just influence their decision.
Managers, players, they come and go, boards too. It's always us fans who are the constant. If Chico and Michu etc jump ship we'll have to take the money, find new players and carry on regardless!
And to be honest, right now I won't lose any sleep if come the summer Chico, Hernandez and Jdg don't want to be here anymore. Maybe we have too many foreign players? Rangel was here before, I would like Michu, Pozuelo and Amat to stay. I would hope Bony and Shelvey will stay.
It all depends on our next manager, who he wants and who he wants rid of.
But if any player wants to go its in their best interest to put in a shift til season's end.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

My biggest worry on 09:06 - Feb 5 with 3754 viewsheadcleaner

Why not wrap all our precious players up in cotton wool while we're at it. footballers move clubs all the time and managers come and go all over the place. Do people really think Michu and JDG etc have all now handed in transfer requests and can't wait to see where Laudrup rocks up next so they can follow him?

Sure some might initially be disappointed but after a few hours or minutes they won't give a hoot. Footballers are more fickle that half our fans and thats a tough one.
My biggest worry on 09:13 - Feb 5 with 3695 viewsClinton

Michu wasn't exactly a happy bunny when he was playing earlier in the season. Something was knawing away at him, hence the 'hoarding abuse' when he scored. Will Laudrups exit make it any worse? I doubt it. Will he leave in the summer? I hope not, but if he does, take the cash and move on. Ki to fill the gap.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

My biggest worry on 09:21 - Feb 5 with 3620 viewsperchrockjack

very good point. It seems our club,no matter what drivel has been posted on here, has been in turmoil. I pray Huw hasn't left it too late but if we do go down the chice of a real man manager is crucial and one who will work for our club 24/7 and one who will big his team up rather than the opoosition.

The gutless crap JDG ,Chico, Hernandez, and the ridiculous loan signings will be well gone and replaced with players with fire in the belly so not all bleak

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

My biggest worry on 09:35 - Feb 5 with 3565 viewsBrynmill_Jack

My biggest worry on 09:13 - Feb 5 by Clinton

Michu wasn't exactly a happy bunny when he was playing earlier in the season. Something was knawing away at him, hence the 'hoarding abuse' when he scored. Will Laudrups exit make it any worse? I doubt it. Will he leave in the summer? I hope not, but if he does, take the cash and move on. Ki to fill the gap.

Perhaps Michu objected to being played whilst only 60 % fit. Perhaps that's changed his opinion on Laudrup.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

My biggest worry on 15:30 - Feb 5 with 3382 viewsApeShit

My biggest worry on 09:13 - Feb 5 by Clinton

Ki to fill the gap? HAHA

I can't see him scoring 10+ goals a season for us!
My biggest worry on 15:37 - Feb 5 with 3314 viewsraynor94

My biggest worry on 04:05 - Feb 5 by Lord_Bony

With him gone under these circumstances they too may not have the heart in it and just be going through the motions of playing till the season ends.

Gary Monk has only recently qualified to be a premiership manager and has passed the last few weeks his exam I think.to manage a prem side normally requires working up the ranks at least 5-10 years as not many clubs would put a rookie in at this level....especially this time of the season with so much resting on it....

I really think we should have had a mediator brought in to sort out any issues between ML and the board and players...

Chico attacking Garry with a brick last week and the police being called in says it all really....

Tim Sherwood

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

My biggest worry on 15:41 - Feb 5 with 3263 viewsLiberty

My biggest worry on 15:37 - Feb 5 by raynor94

Tim Sherwood

If Garry does half as well as Tim I would be happy, as Swans would be safe

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

My biggest worry on 15:44 - Feb 5 with 3233 viewsraynor94

My biggest worry on 15:41 - Feb 5 by Liberty

If Garry does half as well as Tim I would be happy, as Swans would be safe

Exactly let's not underestimate garry before he starts

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

My biggest worry on 15:53 - Feb 5 with 3150 viewsLiberty

We couldn't have appointed anyone more committed for sure. Have to have faith he is the man to lead us till end of season, then review matters.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

My biggest worry on 16:01 - Feb 5 with 3073 viewsWatchman

If anyone does nto want to be at the club Goodbye and Farck Orf

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

My biggest worry on 16:09 - Feb 5 with 3010 viewsskippyjack

The best thing to say is.. in the next 14+ games the new manager will be studying and watching us.. and in these 14+ games he'll decide who he wants in his team.. go out and prove how good you are.

plus a World Cup is around the corner.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 16:14]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

My biggest worry on 16:15 - Feb 5 with 2961 viewsSpratty

My biggest worry on 09:21 - Feb 5 by perchrockjack

very good point. It seems our club,no matter what drivel has been posted on here, has been in turmoil. I pray Huw hasn't left it too late but if we do go down the chice of a real man manager is crucial and one who will work for our club 24/7 and one who will big his team up rather than the opoosition.

The gutless crap JDG ,Chico, Hernandez, and the ridiculous loan signings will be well gone and replaced with players with fire in the belly so not all bleak

PRJ truly shocking how you speak about our players let alone highly skilled footballers.

No you don't have to be positive and are totally entitled to your own opinion but to speak about another human being in that way is pretty brutal and offensive.

That is my opinion - which I am also entitled to.
My biggest worry on 16:32 - Feb 5 with 2889 viewsalphonseM

Some will stay, others will leave. Who and when will not be known until the next window. When Brendan left, he took players with him - the same is bound to happen after the departure of ML.
My biggest worry on 16:59 - Feb 5 with 2831 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

My biggest worry on 16:01 - Feb 5 by Watchman

If anyone does nto want to be at the club Goodbye and Farck Orf

God knows why people are downvoting this. Seems f*cking obvious to me: if a player doesn't want to be here, he's not committed to the cause. I don't care how many goals he's scored, he can get the f*ck out of here and be replaced by someone who actually does give a f*ck.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

My biggest worry on 18:02 - Feb 5 with 2671 viewsPlasticman

My biggest worry on 16:59 - Feb 5 by Generation_Terrorist

God knows why people are downvoting this. Seems f*cking obvious to me: if a player doesn't want to be here, he's not committed to the cause. I don't care how many goals he's scored, he can get the f*ck out of here and be replaced by someone who actually does give a f*ck.

People said the same thing about Suarez while LFC denied him his transfer request.

Look where they are today because of Suarez.

I don't see many people saying that they wanted to get rid of Taylor either, despite Fulham coming in for him and him making the noises that he wanted more action.

Feel free to dismantle our team in your imagination with nothing left to actually play decently if you don't want "mercenaries", but don't expect us all to have such a romanticized view of what football requires from its players.

Plastic since 2012

My biggest worry on 18:09 - Feb 5 with 2623 viewsDr_Winston

My biggest worry on 16:15 - Feb 5 by Spratty

PRJ truly shocking how you speak about our players let alone highly skilled footballers.

No you don't have to be positive and are totally entitled to your own opinion but to speak about another human being in that way is pretty brutal and offensive.

That is my opinion - which I am also entitled to.

You'll have to excuse him. He's an idiot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My biggest worry on 18:18 - Feb 5 with 2553 viewsDull1Thomas

My biggest worry on 04:05 - Feb 5 by Lord_Bony

except it didn't happen

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

My biggest worry on 18:39 - Feb 5 with 2476 viewsWinchWenJack

Why do people think the players will all leave? How many left after Martinez and Rodgers? As far as I know only Fulham were looking at buying ours in January. Will they go back to Spain, on lower wages? Who in Spain can afford to buy them?

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024