Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) 18:43 - May 28 with 3003 viewswaveydave

What a great day! What a day... absolutely amazing. Damn, don't we love to do it the hard way. I had slight hope after the sending off but I really thought we were done for. However the team were amazing! Each player gave it there all and I was somewhat confident that we would hold out until 90mins baring set-pieces where Derby looked dangerous. However I knew that if we had played on that would be it. Perfect timing!

I don't like the kits but who cares, we have a season of Premier League football next season! I will be up north so won't be able to attend many games and I'm absolutely chuffed to be able to see full Rangers matches next season!

Next season is gonna be tough and ya know what...there is a good chance we will go down. But I don't feel miserable about it like last season and end up barely looking forward to this season due to the fact that such a great quantity of the players didn't give a toss about QPR. However I feel we will learn from our mistakes and atleast have abit of passion within the squad which what we all desire to see.

Transfers: We have a number of players going out of contract and loans ending. Here's my take:

Green.................If he will accept abit of a pay cut 100%. Otherwise we should really look at younger improving players...but then again that could backfire in this league against the top strikers. ALTERNATE OPTION = SPERONI!
Hill.....................He's given so much to this club. He has to stay on in some capacity. I'd like to see him coaching, however if we can't get enough CBs then I could cope with him as a last resort backup
BAE....................He plays for money and others will offer him more than he's worth
O'Neill...............You have to keep him on for the experience and he is good quality imo. We're not going to find enough other options to fill a 25man squad that are a good financial deal to be able to let him go.
Faurlin..............If he accepts a low wage contract its a yes for me as a backup player. I accept people will disagree but where are we gonna find enough others players who are upto it to fill out the midfield - who are passionate and financially acceptable deals.
Carroll..............Spurs won't sell him. If we can find superior options in midfield let him go but if we are lacking could be used as a rotation player as more time on the ball could suit him in the Prem. Although at this stage of his career would he want that role? I doubt it.
Kranjar.............If we can get a sound loan deal we should go for it depending on the state of his injury and fitness levels. The way I see it is that if he's in this physical state now...how bad is he gonna be after 3months with a ruptured hammie :/
Morrison..........Likely to be on a good wage at West Ham and Big Sam won't be able to shift him on imo. Loan again despite the cost or buy if a decent deal can be arranged.
Doyle.................Loan him again if possible. He works hard and we'll need that sort of player when defending leads and he will be useful to backup main 2 strikers.
Zamora..............No 25man rule and i would attempt to get him on a pay-for-play contract however we can't afford the passenger. No emotions on this.

No's that are self-explanitory: AJ, Keane, Maiga, Hughes, SWP, Benayoun

That will land us with roughly this set of players:
First team quality: Green, Simpson, Onuoha, Barton, Phillips, Hoilett, Morrison(?), Austin
Rotation players: O'Neill, Carroll (?), Traore, Dunne, Yun, Henry, Doyle, - (Taarabt + Mb'ia??)
Back-up: Murphy, Jenas, Faurlin, Hitchcock, Harriman (let me know how he's getting on please, liked him before) Hill (hopefully not necessary)

That makes us a squad of about about 20 give or take 2.

I think we minimum need 3 signings in Centre-back, Centre-mid, Striker who are players which Rs can't wait to see him play and are genuinely excited by. Plus another dependent upon how things end up with Morrison, Tarbs and Carroll. These types of singings could be Caulker, Vermaelen, McCormack, Rhodes....plus Robert Snodgrass

But it's gonna be essential that we retain the English-desire within the squad and don't bring in players from culture who don't care. Which I expect we will do as Tony Fernandes discussed on Open all Rs. In keeping with this idea we should look at these players purely available for free:
-> Dean Moxey, Jonathan Parr, Steve Sidwell, George McCartney, Liam Ridgewell (an R himself), Ince if Inter fails

Then look at other options from the championship who have proven ability and potential such as Aaron Cresswell, Assombolonga (L1), Deeney, Thorne and many more of those who we have seen perform well this season who aren't going to cost us a shed load and more importantly are likely to stay on should we go down. Plus we can look at signing some of the players from the relegated clubs.... I would even love to say we could go and find a couple of less-known foreign players who have their heart in the right place and can bring quality to the squad (think Faurlin before injury) at a good price....but we have Harry in charge and I doubt that will happen LOL

The spirit in the club is going to be retained. If you look at all the players listed and the ones you've personally got in mind, we could quite easily build a squad of 25 which is able to compete in the league and battle against relegation with half a chance of staying up. I really think we should look forward towards next season I'd like to think that we are going to enjoy the football from the passion the players invest regardless if we go up or down
My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 19:35 - May 28 with 2956 viewscoolranger

Good post. Thank you.
My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 22:17 - May 28 with 2904 viewsMatch82

Agree with pretty much all of that, although I think we can do better than Doyle.

But I don't get this continued link to Speroni - he's a good keeper, but don't see any reason why he would leave Palace to come here (much as I'd love how much this would annoy my Palace-supporting mates)

And before anyone says "money" - do we really want to go down that road again?
My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 23:06 - May 28 with 2864 viewswaveydave

My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 22:17 - May 28 by Match82

Agree with pretty much all of that, although I think we can do better than Doyle.

But I don't get this continued link to Speroni - he's a good keeper, but don't see any reason why he would leave Palace to come here (much as I'd love how much this would annoy my Palace-supporting mates)

And before anyone says "money" - do we really want to go down that road again?

Speroni is a goalie of proven quality at 30 in the peak of his career

Although i would prefer Green as hes been part of the team and is English, but Green is coming to the end of a 70k a week contract and is unlikely to wish to take a big pay cut. Whereas Speroni is coming to the end of a i estimate 30-40k max contract.

Plus, Palace have Hennessy who they signed in January with 3years left on his contract and hes an international player (albeit Wales lol)

Its important we dont get players who see Rangers as the smallest club theyve ever played for at the twighlight of their careers. Speroni wont and is a class act.
My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 23:10 - May 28 with 2859 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 23:06 - May 28 by waveydave

Speroni is a goalie of proven quality at 30 in the peak of his career

Although i would prefer Green as hes been part of the team and is English, but Green is coming to the end of a 70k a week contract and is unlikely to wish to take a big pay cut. Whereas Speroni is coming to the end of a i estimate 30-40k max contract.

Plus, Palace have Hennessy who they signed in January with 3years left on his contract and hes an international player (albeit Wales lol)

Its important we dont get players who see Rangers as the smallest club theyve ever played for at the twighlight of their careers. Speroni wont and is a class act.

I think I heard speroni had been released
My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 03:09 - May 29 with 2786 viewsqprmick

My ~tri-monthly thoughts (cause for hope!) on 23:10 - May 28 by CroydonCaptJack

I think I heard speroni had been released

Speroni is 35, so I would prefer a younger man but if they can keep 'em out they are young enough.

Qprmick

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024