Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newbie 13:24 - Aug 11 with 1275 viewsronsonmg

Hi. I`m a newbie to AVFTT. Been reading the posts on the old site for awhile now, some interesting comments been banded about. I am must certainly NOT in the know and don`t claim to know any one from the club and close to it. Been a fan of the Mighty Pool since me dad took me to watch Pool take on Arsenal in the FA Cup on a cold wintery night in 69 or 70 and thanks to a very late score by Micky Burns we won 3-2. He took me to watch the 4th round tie against Mansfield at home which we lost 0-2, crazy. I`ve only been to 5 games in all during that period because of unforeseen events I could not go to any more, but have been a loyal fan thru thick and thin. Let it be know that I am NOT pro Oyston, and never will be. There, I have arrived.
Newbie on 13:25 - Aug 11 with 1274 viewsAVFTT

Welcome Ron - a welcome addition - look forward to reading your posts!
Newbie on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 1230 viewsBFC_Tim

I love the whole first game thing .. will start a thread .. might get em going!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Newbie on 14:55 - Aug 11 with 1201 viewsseasider13

Welcome ron,

That was probably my all time favourite game against Arsenal when we were 0-2 down at half time and came back to win.

The memory is made better as i was with my late father and two elder brothers to witness that game.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Newbie on 15:02 - Aug 11 with 1191 viewsLytham_FY8

Nice avatar picture Seasider13, I think that's the ONLY photo of that night in existence.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Newbie on 15:13 - Aug 11 with 1176 viewsWizaard

It was a great night. I was with my Dad at the front of the Kop near the corner where there was a turnstile through to the East, just behind that little dugout the police had in the corner.

I vividly remember running diagonally across the pitch down towards the tunnel in the South at the end in order to try and meet my heroes.
Newbie on 16:05 - Aug 11 with 1151 viewstonysoprano

FY8 , except that's a photo of Fred Pickering scoring at Deepdale isn't it ?
Newbie on 16:10 - Aug 11 with 1143 viewsrealistic

Newbie on 13:25 - Aug 11 by AVFTT

Welcome Ron - a welcome addition - look forward to reading your posts!

Yes, welcome to the site Ron.

''quod saveris metes''

Newbie on 16:21 - Aug 11 with 1129 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

Newbie on 16:10 - Aug 11 by realistic

Yes, welcome to the site Ron.

Welcome.. hope more guys do the same and sign up.
Login to get fewer ads

Newbie on 17:58 - Aug 11 with 1082 viewsseasider13

Newbie on 15:02 - Aug 11 by Lytham_FY8

Nice avatar picture Seasider13, I think that's the ONLY photo of that night in existence.

There is another photo of Freddie leaping into the net, i cannot remember where i got this shot from, i had it in use on the footymad/inoit site back in 2005.

Probably gazette archives.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Newbie on 22:26 - Aug 11 with 1011 viewsthebigone

Newbie on 17:58 - Aug 11 by seasider13

There is another photo of Freddie leaping into the net, i cannot remember where i got this shot from, i had it in use on the footymad/inoit site back in 2005.

Probably gazette archives.

Just signed up tonight! Was only told about the site by a mate and having had a nose round it's 100% better than the old site. Looks like that's about to fall apart at any moment and the guy who's running it seems clueless and has allowed all the goons back! Anyhow look forward to seeing how this site pans out and will spread the word!

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024