Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is going on? 16:50 - Dec 20 with 1295 viewslemongreentea

Not at game. Only seeing text updates. Where is Donervon Daniels? Wonder why Clark picked O Dea ahead of Daniels. From the score can only assume Clark got his selection and tactics wrong. I know Bournemouth put 8 past Birmingham at St Andrews but this to put it mildly is a bit disappointing. Will be interesting, if hard, to read any post match write ups from anyone at the ground who managed to stay till the end.
What is going on? on 18:10 - Dec 21 with 1127 viewsSTHolder

Funny how many laughed at the Birmingham score - that should have been Clark's first video he watched when doing his research. Bournemouth had two weaknesses - their defence wasn't great and when they didn't have the ball they left big gaps. So what do we do? Stick 10 men behind the ball and invite pressure. So naive!
What is going on? on 20:17 - Dec 21 with 1097 viewsOsbourne

The answer about the Donervon Daniels question is that only 5 loans are allowed in the 18 man match day squad.

For whatever reason, Clark has decided to go with Nyron Nosworthy, who incidently went off with a groin strain? yesterday. I suspect that Clarke is right side central defence and Nosworthy left side central defence, which is why Daniels has disappeared at the moment.

I cannot be sure this is the reason, but I think there is some truth in my understanding of the situation.

The short term contracts and loan deals make the understanding of team selection difficult.

If I am wrong on the above, it could be that Daniels is injured?
I am fairly sure that the post half time appearance of Murphy was due to Murphy carrying an injury. This chap brings much to the attacking force of Pool, being two footed, quick and skillfull. I suspect that Lee Clark brought him on yesterday under pressure, Pool were 0-2 down at half time. I'm not sure what the injury with Murphy is, but he was probably on yesterday in the 2nd half loaded up with cortisone.

Don't under estimate Darren O'Dea. Ex Celtic and Ipswich, a utility player who can play anywhere at the back with a preference for central defence I think. He came on to replace Nosworthy yesterday, was booked within a minute and gave away the penalty. O'Dea though is a good player and tough with it.

I was at the match yesterday, and have been lampooned on here for daring to say that Bournemouth had all the luck that was going yesterday. See my other posts! I've been lampooned by some 'big name posters', but I can take it! I have posted how I saw it from the West Stand. I was one of the few who was there for the full 90 minutes. It was a shocking day for Pool and Pool have serious problems now. The short term contracts and loan deals are going to cause even more problems during the January transfer window. Yesterday was bad, but not as bad as some 'big name posters' are trying to paint. Remember, Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall, with an FA Cup 3rd rounder at Villa thrown in, are new and different days. Clark has never been relegated as a manager, he will not want to achieve that at Pool, and all Pool fans need to back the guy. Even I, 'insane optimist Osbourne' is worried at the moment!

PS It was bad yesterday, if you weren't there 'lemongreentea,' but it wasn't that bad. Bournemouth were a bit good! The luck they had yesterday made them look even better and yes, the pitch was shocking. Did they really play a mid - week friendly v Fleetwood on it?

Take a look at the following threads for subjective views on the match yesterday!
1. A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth - Thread started by Osbourne.
2. Pretty abject, really - Thread started by basilrobbiereborn.
3. That result has been coming - Thread started by Curryman.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 20:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024