Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tool liverpool fan on 606 19:08 - Jan 11 with 5613 viewsjacksfullaces

did anyone hear that nearly last caller? blaming the swans for ruining the premier league by playing players like bony and then selling them on. was fuming on all manner of levels - like we want to lose our best player, like we are not entitled to survive in the premier league, like we are somehow expected to counteract capitalism.

reached for the phone and then the programme ended.. rant over
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:19 - Jan 11 with 5519 viewsdameedna

He could have been on a wind up considering LFC's back room, links with our players and JJS as our England international. Further links include Tosh's days and wiping the fee for Colin Irwin. Or he is a fool and on 606 to entertain others and get phone ins. Not a world apart from here.
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:24 - Jan 11 with 5457 viewscanhecatchit

Fernando Torres wold have been all I said too him :)

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:26 - Jan 11 with 5433 viewsNeiltheTaylor

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:24 - Jan 11 by canhecatchit

Fernando Torres wold have been all I said too him :)

First thing I thought. Second was Suarez.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:36 - Jan 11 with 5325 viewsApeShit

You have to understand that LFC have the lion's share of "thick" fans.
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:57 - Jan 11 with 5164 viewsexiledclaseboy

606 is a constant source of entertainment. From "Wrighty" talking absolute guff most of the time to the callers who do the same. Anyone with a desire to phone a radio phone-n show should be immediately disbarred from telephone ownership. Nothing good can come of it.

Poll: Tory leader

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:02 - Jan 11 with 5096 viewsParlay

I don't even understand his point.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:07 - Jan 11 with 5056 viewsjack247

I heard that, it was nuts.

He seemed to be under the impression that we sign players in the hope they appreciated in value and we could sell them on for a profit. Rather than sign them for the purposes of improving our squad, winning games and all that football stuff that the smaller teams apparently don't take too seriously.
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:07 - Jan 11 with 5056 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:02 - Jan 11 by Parlay

I wasn't too sure myself.

I'm guessing he means that clubs like us should, if we deserve to be here, keep hold of our players and look to build a competitive team, not just sell them on to the elite clubs as this just perpetuates the dominance of those sides over the rest? That's the best I could think ok (and even that's a load of sh*t).

Didn't his club launch an asset-stripping exercise against Southampton in the summer?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:07 - Jan 11 with 5056 viewsexiledclaseboy

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:02 - Jan 11 by Parlay

I think it was because we've sold a good player to Manchester City, who Liverpool fans bizarrely seem to think are one of their "rivals".

But yeah, it's a fairly rubbish point.

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:10 - Jan 11 with 5019 viewsexiledclaseboy

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:07 - Jan 11 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I wasn't too sure myself.

I'm guessing he means that clubs like us should, if we deserve to be here, keep hold of our players and look to build a competitive team, not just sell them on to the elite clubs as this just perpetuates the dominance of those sides over the rest? That's the best I could think ok (and even that's a load of sh*t).

Didn't his club launch an asset-stripping exercise against Southampton in the summer?

Yeah, worked out brilliantly for them too. Southampton must be spewing given the two clubs' relative league positions.

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:20 - Jan 11 with 4937 viewsNeiltheTaylor

We sold them a bench warmer for £15M. Maybe they want more of that?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:28 - Jan 11 with 4880 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:10 - Jan 11 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah, worked out brilliantly for them too. Southampton must be spewing given the two clubs' relative league positions.

They spent £24 million on Lovren and Lambert alone.

At the time, they could have had Wilf for £19 million - he's light-years ahead of Lambert as a striker and is better at defending set-pieces than Lovren

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 20:35 - Jan 11 with 4834 viewsLord_Bony

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 19:36 - Jan 11 by ApeShit

You have to understand that LFC have the lion's share of "thick" fans.

Even the club admits this...

http://community.betfair.com/football/go/thread/view/94070/28703553/liverpool-fc

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 21:20 - Jan 11 with 4581 viewsSweyns_Eye

I thought the hidden subtext of his call was that he was jealous that LFC hadn't bought Bony off us, and he doesn't like the fact that LFC aren't the biggest kid in the playground anymore.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 21:42 - Jan 11 with 4451 views1973scott

Liverpool’s net bank debts now stand at £45.1m after being reduced by £19.9m in the period to the end of May, 2013.

Today’s figures reflect the first season under manager Brendan Rodgers, when Liverpool were again without Champions League revenues, usually worth around £30m to a club.

Nuff said
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 21:45 - Jan 11 with 4424 viewswestside

download podcast

from 40:44

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/606
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 22:05 - Jan 11 with 4328 viewsQuakerJack

As opposed to throwing money at smaller clubs for their managers, assistants, young up and coming players thus keeping the rich at the top and further subjugating the little clubs.

I can only describe that man as a facking Kant.

If their snake of a manager had the ability to scout his own players they'd have bought Bony from Vitesse. Hate their club. The eighties are over, you're has beens, small fry and you'll never ever win the league.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 11:10 - Jan 12 with 3773 viewsWxmJax

Has anyone actually ever heard a Liverpool supporter with a scouse accent on 606 ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 12:31 - Jan 12 with 3619 viewsjacksfullaces

think they might have edited further as it felt he made the same pointless point over and over - like we weren't entitled to sell our best asset - like we actually can control whether a player wants to move - like we were doing something wrong....

Bony moving is sad enough without this kind of salt in the wounds.
tool liverpool fan on 606 on 12:35 - Jan 12 with 3598 viewsApeShit

tool liverpool fan on 606 on 11:10 - Jan 12 by WxmJax

Has anyone actually ever heard a Liverpool supporter with a scouse accent on 606 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024