Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWanse V Crapland BBC news 08:45 - Mar 4 with 12762 viewslibertine

as I said not much news about the super swans doing the double, in fact it didn't even get a mention on BBC wales

last night Cardiff win against some crappy bottom leagues side
"Crapland and doing the turn around"

and guess what it all over the news
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:50 - Mar 8 with 2140 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:00 - Mar 8 by monmouth

But you're a big club with massive potential. You wouldn't want to be comparing yourself with little old us would you?

Yes I know we do have a bigger ground than you but my only excuse for the poor crowds are the way we are being led and the way we are playing but through the pain we will go. Cant get any worse, now what was your excuse for that poor average? Didn't you get promoted that season?
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:58 - Mar 8 with 2123 viewsmorningstar

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:50 - Mar 8 by ScoobyDoo

Yes I know we do have a bigger ground than you but my only excuse for the poor crowds are the way we are being led and the way we are playing but through the pain we will go. Cant get any worse, now what was your excuse for that poor average? Didn't you get promoted that season?

No, we had an average of just under 16k the year we were promoted via the play offs. Traditionally clubs who get promoted this way dont historically play in front of packed stadiums as you should know from experience yourselves.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:58 - Mar 8 with 2125 viewsblueytheblue

I'd suspect lowish away fan figures didn't help the Jacks, Scoobs.

Fact is, we both have fickle fans. I remember 2k in the lowest division.

We both have fans who claim to have been there in the bad old days, basically lying. I chuckled over one post on a certain site the other day - claiming to have followed us for 45 years, this is the worst squad, worst we've ever played. I guess he conveniently forgot the debacles under Alan Durban then.

People claimed they weren't attending due to the rebrand. Now it seems their excuse is down to the on field performances and results.

I naively assumed fans follow the club regardless of how things are going - indeed when the club is on a downslide is when support is needed the most.

I just wish a fair few were honest and admitted they aren't going to games / aren't renewing STs due to not being in the Prem rather than making up easily seen through excuses.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:07 - Mar 8 with 2110 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:58 - Mar 8 by blueytheblue

I'd suspect lowish away fan figures didn't help the Jacks, Scoobs.

Fact is, we both have fickle fans. I remember 2k in the lowest division.

We both have fans who claim to have been there in the bad old days, basically lying. I chuckled over one post on a certain site the other day - claiming to have followed us for 45 years, this is the worst squad, worst we've ever played. I guess he conveniently forgot the debacles under Alan Durban then.

People claimed they weren't attending due to the rebrand. Now it seems their excuse is down to the on field performances and results.

I naively assumed fans follow the club regardless of how things are going - indeed when the club is on a downslide is when support is needed the most.

I just wish a fair few were honest and admitted they aren't going to games / aren't renewing STs due to not being in the Prem rather than making up easily seen through excuses.

Don't think its not because we aren't in the Prem Bluey. as you know a lot of s/t holders are not bothering to turn up these days, they knew what league we would be in when they renewed that why the official attendance is more than what's actually there.

Some of the games have been piss poor this season and the sooner its over the better, don't know about you but I am not enjoying what we are producing at the moment, Slade says we are improving? How does he work that out?
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:23 - Mar 8 with 2092 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 18:58 - Mar 8 by morningstar

No, we had an average of just under 16k the year we were promoted via the play offs. Traditionally clubs who get promoted this way dont historically play in front of packed stadiums as you should know from experience yourselves.

Yeah just looked it up 15500 wasn't it, ours was 23100. Not scoring points just stating a fact.

You missed out West Ham on your observation my old mate.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 19:31]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:34 - Mar 8 with 2080 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:23 - Mar 8 by ScoobyDoo

Yeah just looked it up 15500 wasn't it, ours was 23100. Not scoring points just stating a fact.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:42 - Mar 8 with 2068 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:34 - Mar 8 by Brynmill_Jack

I know Bryn, it's all lies, I got the information from the Welsh Media!
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:48 - Mar 8 with 2060 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:42 - Mar 8 by ScoobyDoo

I know Bryn, it's all lies, I got the information from the Welsh Media!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 21:16 - Mar 8 with 2025 viewsmorningstar

Thats right. 23100 on the promise of £100m 'investment'. Well done, went really well for you guys didn't it?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 21:17]

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 21:34 - Mar 8 with 2008 viewsScoobyWho

Looking back in to history and trying to point score ( as that is all Cardiff can do ) I do remember that when Cardiff went top of the championship in your 2nd season there you had an attendance of 11,000 that night.

And blamed the champions league for the low turn out.

Odd,isn't it ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 22:12 - Mar 8 with 1987 viewsmorningstar

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 21:34 - Mar 8 by ScoobyWho

Looking back in to history and trying to point score ( as that is all Cardiff can do ) I do remember that when Cardiff went top of the championship in your 2nd season there you had an attendance of 11,000 that night.

And blamed the champions league for the low turn out.

Odd,isn't it ?

Not forgetting of course that low crowds on midweek games are because theres no trains back to the valleys!
Also, before their disastrous season in the premier lge their previous top flight attendance was 9000 against birmingham city. Then again that was over 50 years ago!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 22:15]

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 22:22 - Mar 8 with 1976 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 19:07 - Mar 8 by ScoobyDoo

Don't think its not because we aren't in the Prem Bluey. as you know a lot of s/t holders are not bothering to turn up these days, they knew what league we would be in when they renewed that why the official attendance is more than what's actually there.

Some of the games have been piss poor this season and the sooner its over the better, don't know about you but I am not enjoying what we are producing at the moment, Slade says we are improving? How does he work that out?

I've no doubt a fair few of those ST holders not turning up now were doing so, especially in the famil stand to "reserve" their seat for next season. Others knew we were in the Champ when they renewed, I'd wager afair few expected us to roll over everyone 6-0.

The passing is certainly improving. We did lack something up front, Jones isn't the answer. A mad end to the game cost us, scrambled goal and a silly challenge give away a penalty.

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 22:48 - Mar 8 with 1952 viewsDewi1jack

But I thought it was made widely known that all the fans and ST holders of Cardiff, the "club that will be bigger than Barca" were all going to come flocking back in their thousands, once the club went back to playing in blue.
Looks like yet another pile of bullshit coming out of Cardiff Comedy Football( football. Really?) Club.
At the rate fans are deserting, you'll only have all the fans spokesmen left soon. A crowd of 3 or 4

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 22:53 - Mar 8 with 1946 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:35 - Mar 8 by ScoobyDoo

Well if it was 14000 it was about the same as the average you were getting in the Championship, was it not?

no, no it wasn't.

We didn't have a recent premier league season under our belt back then either, like you currently do.

you are getting 12,500 according to the ITK's and season ticket sales have just hit a whopping 900.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 23:01]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:00 - Mar 8 with 1943 viewsSirParlayMBE

you had £10 season tickets for kids that year and 10 years at that level to build a fanbase.

we had a higher average attendance than you like for like in our first three seasons in the championship compared to yours and... the next season we got promoted to the Premier League and sold out every game.

Just saying.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 23:57]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:24 - Mar 8 with 1832 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:00 - Mar 8 by SirParlayMBE

you had £10 season tickets for kids that year and 10 years at that level to build a fanbase.

we had a higher average attendance than you like for like in our first three seasons in the championship compared to yours and... the next season we got promoted to the Premier League and sold out every game.

Just saying.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 23:57]

Championship average figures.

..............Cardiff Swansea
2003/4 - 15569
2004/5 - 12976
2005/6 - 11720
2006/7 - 15223
2007/8 - 13939
2008/9 - 18044 15187
2009/10 - 20717 15407
2010/11 - 23194 15507
2011/12 - 22100
2012/13 - 22999

Your first season in the Championship (2008/9 ) was lower than ours ( 2004/5 ).

What the figures show is that my assertion as to the fickleness of our fanbase is borne out by the variance. High figures when doing well, low figures when not.

Your figures were more consistent across seasons without showing a major spike in the promotion season - maybe that's more to do with away fans allocation and the capacity, whatever.

EDIT: As for selling out first season in the Prem, well so too would we if our capacity was 20k. At 27k would you have sold out? Maybe, maybe not. So that's an irrelevant comparison.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 23:26]

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:06 - Mar 9 with 1820 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 23:24 - Mar 8 by blueytheblue

Championship average figures.

..............Cardiff Swansea
2003/4 - 15569
2004/5 - 12976
2005/6 - 11720
2006/7 - 15223
2007/8 - 13939
2008/9 - 18044 15187
2009/10 - 20717 15407
2010/11 - 23194 15507
2011/12 - 22100
2012/13 - 22999

Your first season in the Championship (2008/9 ) was lower than ours ( 2004/5 ).

What the figures show is that my assertion as to the fickleness of our fanbase is borne out by the variance. High figures when doing well, low figures when not.

Your figures were more consistent across seasons without showing a major spike in the promotion season - maybe that's more to do with away fans allocation and the capacity, whatever.

EDIT: As for selling out first season in the Prem, well so too would we if our capacity was 20k. At 27k would you have sold out? Maybe, maybe not. So that's an irrelevant comparison.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 23:26]

Cardiff City

Season 1 15.569
Season 2 12.976
Season 3 11.720

Average:- 13,421

Swansea City

Season 1 15.187
Season 2 15.407
Season 3 15.507

Average:- 15.367

In your first 3 seasons in the Championship you had an average attendance of nearly 2000 less than we did. To compare our 1st season there to your 6th is a bit misleading to say the least.

Since that time we have had a European adventure, 3 back to back mid table premier league finishes, soon to be four consecutive (half of which likely to be top 10 finishes) and a major cup win.

It is safe to say our fanbase has grown exponentially which is probably showing in your recent attendances of 12,000 odd.

lets not forget that all this talk by your lot of massive catchment areas etc.... your catchment areas are also ours.

This sleeping giant and biggest team in Wales nonsense is a myth. The biggest team in Wales will always be the one most successful in modern times, and that is us by a country mile.

As for comparing our Prem season to you - I wasnt. I was making the point that judging our fanbase on sold out matches is no longer possible.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:14]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:18 - Mar 9 with 1809 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:06 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Cardiff City

Season 1 15.569
Season 2 12.976
Season 3 11.720

Average:- 13,421

Swansea City

Season 1 15.187
Season 2 15.407
Season 3 15.507

Average:- 15.367

In your first 3 seasons in the Championship you had an average attendance of nearly 2000 less than we did. To compare our 1st season there to your 6th is a bit misleading to say the least.

Since that time we have had a European adventure, 3 back to back mid table premier league finishes, soon to be four consecutive (half of which likely to be top 10 finishes) and a major cup win.

It is safe to say our fanbase has grown exponentially which is probably showing in your recent attendances of 12,000 odd.

lets not forget that all this talk by your lot of massive catchment areas etc.... your catchment areas are also ours.

This sleeping giant and biggest team in Wales nonsense is a myth. The biggest team in Wales will always be the one most successful in modern times, and that is us by a country mile.

As for comparing our Prem season to you - I wasnt. I was making the point that judging our fanbase on sold out matches is no longer possible.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:14]

Nowhere did I compare our 6th season to your first, Dimi. I put the figures in chronological order as any sensible person would do.

First season we achieved a higher seasonal average than you ever achieved in the Championship; again I'd be surprised if the figures for you lot weren't affected by the capacity and away attendance figures.

Given your third and final (for now ;) ) season gained 100 more fans per game despite being in the frame for the playoffs for quite a while would tend to indicate, admittedly with a small size, that you were close to maxing out your attendance in the Championship. That's a subjective view, sure, because it can never be proven either way.

Our figure showed far greater variance, an indication to me that our fans tend to be more fickle and success motivated. When doing well, big crowds. When not doing well, crowds fall ( and the rebrand gets blamed until we return to blue, when the protests become against not winning 6-0 every game ).

That's why cutting costs has been essential imo beause you have to first consider the worst case based upon those historic figures. Failing to do so means the cycle of spending to get success has to continue to turn things around, which isn't sustainable.

"It is safe to say our fanbase has grown exponentially which is probably showing in your recent attendances of 12,000 odd. "

That's an asumption that our fans have magically departed to follow you lot. Some may have but thousands? That's a bit of a stretch of a claim there.

Previous season in the Championship our crowds dipped. Where did those fans go? It wasn't to follow you lot...

The Prem comment was in response to you bringing it into a debate about Championship attendances. Sell outs are a pointless category to even attempt to compare upon, which I'd agree with you.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:23]

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:27 - Mar 9 with 1804 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:18 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

Nowhere did I compare our 6th season to your first, Dimi. I put the figures in chronological order as any sensible person would do.

First season we achieved a higher seasonal average than you ever achieved in the Championship; again I'd be surprised if the figures for you lot weren't affected by the capacity and away attendance figures.

Given your third and final (for now ;) ) season gained 100 more fans per game despite being in the frame for the playoffs for quite a while would tend to indicate, admittedly with a small size, that you were close to maxing out your attendance in the Championship. That's a subjective view, sure, because it can never be proven either way.

Our figure showed far greater variance, an indication to me that our fans tend to be more fickle and success motivated. When doing well, big crowds. When not doing well, crowds fall ( and the rebrand gets blamed until we return to blue, when the protests become against not winning 6-0 every game ).

That's why cutting costs has been essential imo beause you have to first consider the worst case based upon those historic figures. Failing to do so means the cycle of spending to get success has to continue to turn things around, which isn't sustainable.

"It is safe to say our fanbase has grown exponentially which is probably showing in your recent attendances of 12,000 odd. "

That's an asumption that our fans have magically departed to follow you lot. Some may have but thousands? That's a bit of a stretch of a claim there.

Previous season in the Championship our crowds dipped. Where did those fans go? It wasn't to follow you lot...

The Prem comment was in response to you bringing it into a debate about Championship attendances. Sell outs are a pointless category to even attempt to compare upon, which I'd agree with you.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:23]

Yes, you did Reddy. Next to your 6th, 7th and 8th attendance figures, you have put our 1st, 2nd and 3rd season figures. So I disagree entirely that any sensible person would do that, its highly misleading as I said.

Yes I agree, you did, but by 62 people, great achievement Reddy (sarcasm). However over the course of the 3 seasons that we were there, we had nearly a 2000 advantage over you lot in your comparative 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons - a far more telling number than 62 im sure you will agree.

Your attendance spikes coincide with large promises from your sugar daddies, cheap match ticket deals and £10 season tickets... not to mention price freezes and a whole host of desperate tactics. Meaning a lot of your figures were false figures. I mean, tell everybody next week the match is free and you will be sold out, but that isnt a true representation of fanbase.

Of course cost cutting is essential, asset stripping however is resigning yourself to not going up while Tan takes the excess parachute income each season before selling his shares to the next lunatic... and certainly not an exercise of sense and long term structural planning.

I didnt bring in the Prem attendances to compare, nowhere did I compare. I just made the factual statement that ever since then we have sold out - meaning we cannot further compare.

football is a merry go round, when some lose interest - then some others decide to take it up and replace them. This happens to some degree every year, even for successful sides. However with our close proximity it seems the ones that left you havent been replaced, they, quite understandably would prefer Prem football... which is why I made the comment of catchment areas.... yours are also ours.

im not suggesting cardiff fans are being converted, but potential Cardiff fans certainly are.. and THAT is what I believe is showing in your shocking attendances. the ones that have lost interest havent been replaced.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:39]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:38 - Mar 9 with 1791 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:27 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Yes, you did Reddy. Next to your 6th, 7th and 8th attendance figures, you have put our 1st, 2nd and 3rd season figures. So I disagree entirely that any sensible person would do that, its highly misleading as I said.

Yes I agree, you did, but by 62 people, great achievement Reddy (sarcasm). However over the course of the 3 seasons that we were there, we had nearly a 2000 advantage over you lot in your comparative 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons - a far more telling number than 62 im sure you will agree.

Your attendance spikes coincide with large promises from your sugar daddies, cheap match ticket deals and £10 season tickets... not to mention price freezes and a whole host of desperate tactics. Meaning a lot of your figures were false figures. I mean, tell everybody next week the match is free and you will be sold out, but that isnt a true representation of fanbase.

Of course cost cutting is essential, asset stripping however is resigning yourself to not going up while Tan takes the excess parachute income each season before selling his shares to the next lunatic... and certainly not an exercise of sense and long term structural planning.

I didnt bring in the Prem attendances to compare, nowhere did I compare. I just made the factual statement that ever since then we have sold out - meaning we cannot further compare.

football is a merry go round, when some lose interest - then some others decide to take it up and replace them. This happens to some degree every year, even for successful sides. However with our close proximity it seems the ones that left you havent been replaced, they, quite understandably would prefer Prem football... which is why I made the comment of catchment areas.... yours are also ours.

im not suggesting cardiff fans are being converted, but potential Cardiff fans certainly are.. and THAT is what I believe is showing in your shocking attendances. the ones that have lost interest havent been replaced.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:39]

No, Dimi, I put the figures on yearly basis. The reason being we obviously have more sample data available hence greater context.

We could debate this issue all night and bore a lot of people but there are always issues with the comparisons made. First three season for us didn't achieve greatness. Finishing positions for us were 16th, 11th and 13th. For you, 8th, 7th and 3rd. Based upon that, I'd not be surprised your attendances the first three seasons in the Champ, on average overall, would be higher. As I said, we've fans motivated by success only.

£10 season tickets? Must have missed that one. The price freeze as you well know was a stunt by Ridsdale to raise revenue to pay HMRC rather than any grandstanding effort to increase attendances.

As well you know but don't want to agree with, the figures bear out the bleeding obvious. When we've done well, we've had higher crowds. When we haven't we've had lower crowds. Rebrand, all the other reasons you give are irrelevances to that.

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:47 - Mar 9 with 1790 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:38 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

No, Dimi, I put the figures on yearly basis. The reason being we obviously have more sample data available hence greater context.

We could debate this issue all night and bore a lot of people but there are always issues with the comparisons made. First three season for us didn't achieve greatness. Finishing positions for us were 16th, 11th and 13th. For you, 8th, 7th and 3rd. Based upon that, I'd not be surprised your attendances the first three seasons in the Champ, on average overall, would be higher. As I said, we've fans motivated by success only.

£10 season tickets? Must have missed that one. The price freeze as you well know was a stunt by Ridsdale to raise revenue to pay HMRC rather than any grandstanding effort to increase attendances.

As well you know but don't want to agree with, the figures bear out the bleeding obvious. When we've done well, we've had higher crowds. When we haven't we've had lower crowds. Rebrand, all the other reasons you give are irrelevances to that.

Yes Reddy, you can claim that but they were obviously done like that to show a non valid comparison. just like when you said ''we had more in our first season than you ever had'' ignoring the fact it was by 62 people and you actually had 2000 less overall over the 3 seasons.

8th, 7th and 3rd were our finishing positions so dont have a baring on season averages. Especially the season we finished 7th under Sousa, the football was awful and dont remember an awful lot of time spent in the top 6.

Yep £10 childrens season ticket which is why the family stand is always empty, it was cited as one of the major issues affecting attendance and atmosphere. It doesnt matter what the price freeze was intended for, its obvious that an increase or non drop in attendance was a by product of it.

Where have I mentioned the rebrand? I havent, is the answer. The rebrand season saw your highest ever championship attendance*give or take 200) and now you are back to blue you have among your lowest (non official) attendances. Cardiff fans in general want success at all costs regardless of damage to club, an insatiable appetite to live up to the stories they have told themselves, im not sure why you think I wouldn't want to admit that.

What my point is, is that we are a bigger club than Cardiff. Our catchment areas are the same and we are currently far more successful. I asked an Everton fan who has never lived in Wales who he thought were the bigger club sometime last year, he laughed and looked at me as if it must be some trick question as if id asked him who was bigger Man Utd or Preston... needless to say it was us.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:53]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:05 - Mar 9 with 1775 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:47 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Yes Reddy, you can claim that but they were obviously done like that to show a non valid comparison. just like when you said ''we had more in our first season than you ever had'' ignoring the fact it was by 62 people and you actually had 2000 less overall over the 3 seasons.

8th, 7th and 3rd were our finishing positions so dont have a baring on season averages. Especially the season we finished 7th under Sousa, the football was awful and dont remember an awful lot of time spent in the top 6.

Yep £10 childrens season ticket which is why the family stand is always empty, it was cited as one of the major issues affecting attendance and atmosphere. It doesnt matter what the price freeze was intended for, its obvious that an increase or non drop in attendance was a by product of it.

Where have I mentioned the rebrand? I havent, is the answer. The rebrand season saw your highest ever championship attendance*give or take 200) and now you are back to blue you have among your lowest (non official) attendances. Cardiff fans in general want success at all costs regardless of damage to club, an insatiable appetite to live up to the stories they have told themselves, im not sure why you think I wouldn't want to admit that.

What my point is, is that we are a bigger club than Cardiff. Our catchment areas are the same and we are currently far more successful. I asked an Everton fan who has never lived in Wales who he thought were the bigger club sometime last year, he laughed and looked at me as if it must be some trick question as if id asked him who was bigger Man Utd or Preston... needless to say it was us.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:53]

No, no they weren't Dimi. I don't try smoke and mirrors tricks. It was pretty clear why the attendance figures were in tabular form, it was also pretty clear the figures used for the valid comparison.

I'm sorry but the fact we had a higher attendance our first year than any of yours ( which I caveated by pointing out the stadum capacities obviously skew things ) isn't valid because we were only 62 higher? So a higher number doesn't count unless it's really higher by a lot?

Your finishing positions didn't have a bearing on things? Seriously? Three seasons where you were up and around the playoff spots wouldn't really improve your attendances whereas our first three seasons of mediocrity wuld mean our attendance would be low to middling? That's the thing about statistics - lack context. From memory, one of those seasons was the change from Lawrence to Jones - when Jones inherited a squad of 12 payers which led to Jermaine fricking Darlington joining us. Those first three seasons for you, you were clearly on an upwards path with a settled squad core.

Lowest (non official)? Sorry Dimi, if you want to do analysis, then official figures are the only means to do so. Someone on AAMB pulling figures out their arse isn't a clever way of gaining figures to analyse.

I mentioned the rebrand as it's an excuse many of our fans used as a reason for not going to games. Which has been brutally exposed.

I agree you are currently the more successful club. Plenty of things are transient, as you're well aware of. Individual anecdotes are of course utterly irrelevant since it's a sample size of one along with the fact there's no independent evidence such a conversation took place. If the conversation did take place, well, that's a subjective view on that Everton fan's part. Without promotion for you, what would he look at? I'd dare say he'd view the two unsuccessful cup finals as an indication we were bigger because that's what people do. If you'd not promoted do you think he'd have cared enough to look at the minutae of Championship league positions to objctively asses, for example?

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:19 - Mar 9 with 1770 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:05 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

No, no they weren't Dimi. I don't try smoke and mirrors tricks. It was pretty clear why the attendance figures were in tabular form, it was also pretty clear the figures used for the valid comparison.

I'm sorry but the fact we had a higher attendance our first year than any of yours ( which I caveated by pointing out the stadum capacities obviously skew things ) isn't valid because we were only 62 higher? So a higher number doesn't count unless it's really higher by a lot?

Your finishing positions didn't have a bearing on things? Seriously? Three seasons where you were up and around the playoff spots wouldn't really improve your attendances whereas our first three seasons of mediocrity wuld mean our attendance would be low to middling? That's the thing about statistics - lack context. From memory, one of those seasons was the change from Lawrence to Jones - when Jones inherited a squad of 12 payers which led to Jermaine fricking Darlington joining us. Those first three seasons for you, you were clearly on an upwards path with a settled squad core.

Lowest (non official)? Sorry Dimi, if you want to do analysis, then official figures are the only means to do so. Someone on AAMB pulling figures out their arse isn't a clever way of gaining figures to analyse.

I mentioned the rebrand as it's an excuse many of our fans used as a reason for not going to games. Which has been brutally exposed.

I agree you are currently the more successful club. Plenty of things are transient, as you're well aware of. Individual anecdotes are of course utterly irrelevant since it's a sample size of one along with the fact there's no independent evidence such a conversation took place. If the conversation did take place, well, that's a subjective view on that Everton fan's part. Without promotion for you, what would he look at? I'd dare say he'd view the two unsuccessful cup finals as an indication we were bigger because that's what people do. If you'd not promoted do you think he'd have cared enough to look at the minutae of Championship league positions to objctively asses, for example?

Yes they were Reddy. you later suggested it was for context purposes, or in other words to enable you to put down the fact you have had larger attendances since... however in terms of context to a comparison - its worthless.

Apology accepted Reddy. Although no need to apologise, its a debate not a witch hunt. Valid in terms of being correct? absolutely. Valid in terms of being telling or in fact relevant to the debate... 62 people? Im afraid not. It is far more telling to look at the 3 years as a whole and the number of 2000 is indeed telling, far more telling than 62.

Absolutely. not to the extent you are suggesting. They are finishing positions. Are you suggesting that we all knew we would finish 8th so went in our droves? we were mid table for a lot of the season. As I said, apart from our last season we didnt spend much time at all in the play off positions.

Yes lowest non official, if you think you are getting 21,000 attendances this season then you are barmy. If you think suggesting you have 21,000 attendances when you are only getting 12,000 is relevant to the discussion then you are even more barmy. its not as if we are talking 1,000 less, we are talking 8000-9,000 less but if you want to cling to that and ignore REAL figures then be my guest. there was talk on your board recently of audible laughing when the announcer suggested an attendance of 20,000... yet you want to take those figures into consideration?

You said the rebrand and attributed it to a reason I personally roll out when I do nothing of the sort, ive always maintained your fanbase couldnt give 2 hoots.

Well I dont lie so assure you it did take place. in fact, I put it to you that if you created a poll on every fans network fan forum, it would be a landslide. You know that also. The days of you guys being able to bluff your way to biggest club title are long over, reality now must hit home.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 1:36]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 02:25 - Mar 9 with 1748 viewsScoobyWho

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:05 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

You usually make some sort of sense.

But this response is pretty alarming, and an in sight in to one of the more lucid lunatics from the east. Your club isn't in our league, it wasn't when you were in the same league and it wont be for years to come. You need to set your standards at a far lower level, we may be rivals by geography but that is all. Our local games are now at WBA and Aston Villa, clubs with large premier league followings, like Swansea, a club with fans right across the board and the world and right across the principality, and week in week out increasing right on your doorstep. Swansea City, a club with Fans across the globe, watching games across the globe - LIVE - every week.

All I hear is your justifying of a half empty ground and less than 4000 home fans for cup games. Thats a disgrace, and dressing it up as a protest is laughable, we ALL to know the truth.

You had upwards of 16,000 seats spare v Charlton, I know this as a fact. Count as many season ticket holders as you like, when they are not there, they are not there. The empty seats are the clue. Your club is falling rapidly, and still many of you bury your heads and try to score points on Swansea forums. You need to look closer to home, put your banners away, stop marching for no apparent reason ( or when Abrahams tells you to) and tell those few old men to fck off, the ones who ruined you ( With Hammam and then Tan ) for their own gain ( the old soul crew thugs, you know who I mean ) They are the ones your fingers should be pointing at, the ones who threatened and bullied your fans when you were being taken to the cleaners behind your backs by the owners. Too thick to see these old thugs were the foils for Hammam and then Tan to do what they wanted. Blind stupidity. Why your fans let this bunch of clowns anywhere near the ground without a pasting is beyond me. They destroyed your club, and nobody did a thing. Thats why Tan got them on board from the off, he did a Sam Hammam and nobody saw it for what it was. Remember the buffoons with the Malaysian flags ? Point proven, total mugs.

Clueless.
What a joke.

Your club went to Wembley and failed twice, that isn't success thats failure, it's what you do best as a club. Two cup finals, premier league football, all that tv money, and still well over a hundred million quid in the red. ( ha, yes in the red ! ) Accept it, there is plenty more to come.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 2:29]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 02:43 - Mar 9 with 1738 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 02:25 - Mar 9 by ScoobyWho

You usually make some sort of sense.

But this response is pretty alarming, and an in sight in to one of the more lucid lunatics from the east. Your club isn't in our league, it wasn't when you were in the same league and it wont be for years to come. You need to set your standards at a far lower level, we may be rivals by geography but that is all. Our local games are now at WBA and Aston Villa, clubs with large premier league followings, like Swansea, a club with fans right across the board and the world and right across the principality, and week in week out increasing right on your doorstep. Swansea City, a club with Fans across the globe, watching games across the globe - LIVE - every week.

All I hear is your justifying of a half empty ground and less than 4000 home fans for cup games. Thats a disgrace, and dressing it up as a protest is laughable, we ALL to know the truth.

You had upwards of 16,000 seats spare v Charlton, I know this as a fact. Count as many season ticket holders as you like, when they are not there, they are not there. The empty seats are the clue. Your club is falling rapidly, and still many of you bury your heads and try to score points on Swansea forums. You need to look closer to home, put your banners away, stop marching for no apparent reason ( or when Abrahams tells you to) and tell those few old men to fck off, the ones who ruined you ( With Hammam and then Tan ) for their own gain ( the old soul crew thugs, you know who I mean ) They are the ones your fingers should be pointing at, the ones who threatened and bullied your fans when you were being taken to the cleaners behind your backs by the owners. Too thick to see these old thugs were the foils for Hammam and then Tan to do what they wanted. Blind stupidity. Why your fans let this bunch of clowns anywhere near the ground without a pasting is beyond me. They destroyed your club, and nobody did a thing. Thats why Tan got them on board from the off, he did a Sam Hammam and nobody saw it for what it was. Remember the buffoons with the Malaysian flags ? Point proven, total mugs.

Clueless.
What a joke.

Your club went to Wembley and failed twice, that isn't success thats failure, it's what you do best as a club. Two cup finals, premier league football, all that tv money, and still well over a hundred million quid in the red. ( ha, yes in the red ! ) Accept it, there is plenty more to come.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 2:29]

Very good post.

Under my Roath Magic username I coined a phrase "Sams disease". It seemingly started when Sam Hammam came along with all the "biggest club in Wales", "bigger than Barca", "we are the capital" nonsense... they all bought into it hook line and sinker.

They have never been a very good side but craved notoriety. Many went the hooligan route. If we cant win on the field then lets try to win off it type mentality. Even that have stories and old wives tales than now are folklore in that part of the world. They kid themselves they are famous, kid themselves they are big and cant bear the thought of any of it being untrue.

Sams disease has spread like no other, even sensible fans cannot bring themselves to state the blindingly obvious. Reddy here wishes to count the 21,000 attendances even though reality suggests it is barely half that. Why you may ask? because admitting reality takes away the only bit of hope they have clung to for years.... attendances.

This rebrand came along to the club most ripe for plucking, and I dont think it was any mistake. anyone who came in flashing some cash and telling them what they want to hear and they get the keys to the club. They are a massive club inside the confines of CF11 - everywhere else they are an irrelevance.

Their last 5 years has been one extremely expensive session of keeping up with the Jones'. They traded in their identity in a last gasp effort to cling on to their self appointed ''biggest club in Wales'' tag, even if it meant the club got ruined in the process... hence the "we're coming for you" chants, we were the motivation regardless of their protestations.

Now even the most staunch Cardiff City fan is being made to realise that indeed they are nowhere near our level, and possibly wont ever be. their catchment areas are the same as ours, not bigger, the same. there is 40 mins between the two clubs. Young kids growing up will only want to watch the Swans, maybe the exception of a few, but the vast majority.

There reason for existing in the last decade was that they claimed to be bigger than us - their attendances (regardless of what reddy wishes to claim them as) are testament to the fact that many are forced to concede their second fiddle status and it seems a lot of the purpose, as a result, has gone. Sams disease is incurable and deep rooted.

These pictures were takes 6 minutes before kick off against Blackburn... i think this was the game where there was an audible chuckle around the ground as they announced a figure of 20,000+ (??!!).

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 7:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024