Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWanse V Crapland BBC news 08:45 - Mar 4 with 12761 viewslibertine

as I said not much news about the super swans doing the double, in fact it didn't even get a mention on BBC wales

last night Cardiff win against some crappy bottom leagues side
"Crapland and doing the turn around"

and guess what it all over the news
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:15 - Mar 9 with 2021 viewsblueytheblue

Scooby, I was replying to the attendance comparison that had been made. Anything else, eh... my thoughts on the AAMB mob are hardly a secret.

We've a fickle fanbase. Claims of cheap kids STs ( family stand only ), price freeze are all somewhat incorrect as our attendance increased before those were in place - do well, people turn up. Play poorly, they don't.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:35 - Mar 9 with 2006 viewslibertine

As far as fans are concerned, they are fickle as stated, I don't think that's a Swans or blues issue, its a fans issue, look at the demographic for instance Wigan football v Wigan rugby, they support whos doing well. Its difficult if you skint and feeling down to support a continually losing or playing rubbish football team.

Anyone who simply opens their eyes or listens to the radio will be hammered on a daily basis by marketing, which big corporations realise brings them in a massive return on their investments, they now look for lifetime loyalty rather than single sale.

The fact that BBc wales hardly report on Swansea whereas they report on Cardiff is a singularity and is concerning, do the English news media act in the same way? No, they report on the local premiership teams first and then on the lower league's results.
Why do we act differently?

Concerning future fans, just a few years ago the kids would all be wearing light blue or red, now they don't, they all wear with pride Swans tops, those kids are the future fan base, they are the ones whos heads turn when the words" the Swans" are mentioned on the tv news or sports programme. If they don't hear the words or just hear the words Cardiff, then the result is obvious.

Its a big carve up, but why?
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 10:18 - Mar 9 with 1980 viewsPrivate_Partz

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:35 - Mar 9 by libertine

As far as fans are concerned, they are fickle as stated, I don't think that's a Swans or blues issue, its a fans issue, look at the demographic for instance Wigan football v Wigan rugby, they support whos doing well. Its difficult if you skint and feeling down to support a continually losing or playing rubbish football team.

Anyone who simply opens their eyes or listens to the radio will be hammered on a daily basis by marketing, which big corporations realise brings them in a massive return on their investments, they now look for lifetime loyalty rather than single sale.

The fact that BBc wales hardly report on Swansea whereas they report on Cardiff is a singularity and is concerning, do the English news media act in the same way? No, they report on the local premiership teams first and then on the lower league's results.
Why do we act differently?

Concerning future fans, just a few years ago the kids would all be wearing light blue or red, now they don't, they all wear with pride Swans tops, those kids are the future fan base, they are the ones whos heads turn when the words" the Swans" are mentioned on the tv news or sports programme. If they don't hear the words or just hear the words Cardiff, then the result is obvious.

Its a big carve up, but why?

The media is Cardiff biased and Cardiff based in an undeserving capital that has little historic relevance to Wales. Due to a complete lack of transport infrastructure it is easier to get there from England than the rest of Wales. As a result the media and WAG concentrated all their efforts there at the expense of the rest of us.
Swansea City is becoming an established and relatively cash rich team in the greatest media circus in the world and they don't like it one bit. it upsets their centric plans to build a city totally out of proportion to the rest of Wales.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 10:21]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 12:33 - Mar 9 with 1935 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:15 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

Scooby, I was replying to the attendance comparison that had been made. Anything else, eh... my thoughts on the AAMB mob are hardly a secret.

We've a fickle fanbase. Claims of cheap kids STs ( family stand only ), price freeze are all somewhat incorrect as our attendance increased before those were in place - do well, people turn up. Play poorly, they don't.

Don't listen to that other Scooby freak Bluey, I mean a thug chastising our thugs? You couldn't make it up.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:46 - Mar 9 with 1887 viewsSirParlayMBE

11,350 apparently their last REAL attendance against Charlton.

Holy smokes!
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:53 - Mar 9 with 1881 viewsmonmouth

They'll flood back now they have a bigger bluebird on the badge.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:59 - Mar 9 with 1869 viewsjacabertawe

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:46 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Holy smokes!

I don't doubt your figure for one minute, but the official attendance was 20,488. Where does yours come from?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:04 - Mar 9 with 1867 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:46 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Holy smokes!

Don't tell me you got that from AA's site? Seems people like you take quotes from there when it suits.
Login to get fewer ads

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:10 - Mar 9 with 1858 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:04 - Mar 9 by ScoobyDoo

Don't tell me you got that from AA's site? Seems people like you take quotes from there when it suits.

Do you reckon there was 20,000+ there then?

Everyone coming back from the game said they thought the attendance was about 12,500.

Corky who apparently knows many people in the club including the fella directly responsible for counting the attendees, said that against Blackburn there was a little over 12,500 when the official attendance stated 20,000+

Look at the pictures.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:12 - Mar 9 with 1852 viewsSirParlayMBE

It seems 11350 was just the home attendance. There was also actually 950 away supporters making the actual attendance 12,400 which ties in with corkys suggestions in similar games.

It was only a tenner a ticket too.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 17:15]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:13 - Mar 10 with 1797 viewsScoobyWho

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 12:33 - Mar 9 by ScoobyDoo

Don't listen to that other Scooby freak Bluey, I mean a thug chastising our thugs? You couldn't make it up.

Prove I'm a thug ?
Prove everything from here on in.

Or ------> ssshhhhh.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 0:13]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:53 - Mar 10 with 1788 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 02:43 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Very good post.

Under my Roath Magic username I coined a phrase "Sams disease". It seemingly started when Sam Hammam came along with all the "biggest club in Wales", "bigger than Barca", "we are the capital" nonsense... they all bought into it hook line and sinker.

They have never been a very good side but craved notoriety. Many went the hooligan route. If we cant win on the field then lets try to win off it type mentality. Even that have stories and old wives tales than now are folklore in that part of the world. They kid themselves they are famous, kid themselves they are big and cant bear the thought of any of it being untrue.

Sams disease has spread like no other, even sensible fans cannot bring themselves to state the blindingly obvious. Reddy here wishes to count the 21,000 attendances even though reality suggests it is barely half that. Why you may ask? because admitting reality takes away the only bit of hope they have clung to for years.... attendances.

This rebrand came along to the club most ripe for plucking, and I dont think it was any mistake. anyone who came in flashing some cash and telling them what they want to hear and they get the keys to the club. They are a massive club inside the confines of CF11 - everywhere else they are an irrelevance.

Their last 5 years has been one extremely expensive session of keeping up with the Jones'. They traded in their identity in a last gasp effort to cling on to their self appointed ''biggest club in Wales'' tag, even if it meant the club got ruined in the process... hence the "we're coming for you" chants, we were the motivation regardless of their protestations.

Now even the most staunch Cardiff City fan is being made to realise that indeed they are nowhere near our level, and possibly wont ever be. their catchment areas are the same as ours, not bigger, the same. there is 40 mins between the two clubs. Young kids growing up will only want to watch the Swans, maybe the exception of a few, but the vast majority.

There reason for existing in the last decade was that they claimed to be bigger than us - their attendances (regardless of what reddy wishes to claim them as) are testament to the fact that many are forced to concede their second fiddle status and it seems a lot of the purpose, as a result, has gone. Sams disease is incurable and deep rooted.

These pictures were takes 6 minutes before kick off against Blackburn... i think this was the game where there was an audible chuckle around the ground as they announced a figure of 20,000+ (??!!).

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 7:43]

It's like when Queen's Park were playing their games at Hampden! Your grounds too big for you!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:54 - Mar 10 with 1788 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:06 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

Cardiff City

Season 1 15.569
Season 2 12.976
Season 3 11.720

Average:- 13,421

Swansea City

Season 1 15.187
Season 2 15.407
Season 3 15.507

Average:- 15.367

In your first 3 seasons in the Championship you had an average attendance of nearly 2000 less than we did. To compare our 1st season there to your 6th is a bit misleading to say the least.

Since that time we have had a European adventure, 3 back to back mid table premier league finishes, soon to be four consecutive (half of which likely to be top 10 finishes) and a major cup win.

It is safe to say our fanbase has grown exponentially which is probably showing in your recent attendances of 12,000 odd.

lets not forget that all this talk by your lot of massive catchment areas etc.... your catchment areas are also ours.

This sleeping giant and biggest team in Wales nonsense is a myth. The biggest team in Wales will always be the one most successful in modern times, and that is us by a country mile.

As for comparing our Prem season to you - I wasnt. I was making the point that judging our fanbase on sold out matches is no longer possible.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:14]

Go get em Floyd!

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 01:57 - Mar 10 with 1785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:18 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

Nowhere did I compare our 6th season to your first, Dimi. I put the figures in chronological order as any sensible person would do.

First season we achieved a higher seasonal average than you ever achieved in the Championship; again I'd be surprised if the figures for you lot weren't affected by the capacity and away attendance figures.

Given your third and final (for now ;) ) season gained 100 more fans per game despite being in the frame for the playoffs for quite a while would tend to indicate, admittedly with a small size, that you were close to maxing out your attendance in the Championship. That's a subjective view, sure, because it can never be proven either way.

Our figure showed far greater variance, an indication to me that our fans tend to be more fickle and success motivated. When doing well, big crowds. When not doing well, crowds fall ( and the rebrand gets blamed until we return to blue, when the protests become against not winning 6-0 every game ).

That's why cutting costs has been essential imo beause you have to first consider the worst case based upon those historic figures. Failing to do so means the cycle of spending to get success has to continue to turn things around, which isn't sustainable.

"It is safe to say our fanbase has grown exponentially which is probably showing in your recent attendances of 12,000 odd. "

That's an asumption that our fans have magically departed to follow you lot. Some may have but thousands? That's a bit of a stretch of a claim there.

Previous season in the Championship our crowds dipped. Where did those fans go? It wasn't to follow you lot...

The Prem comment was in response to you bringing it into a debate about Championship attendances. Sell outs are a pointless category to even attempt to compare upon, which I'd agree with you.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:23]

I bet you write a 1000 words back to him

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 08:28 - Mar 10 with 1752 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 17:12 - Mar 9 by SirParlayMBE

It seems 11350 was just the home attendance. There was also actually 950 away supporters making the actual attendance 12,400 which ties in with corkys suggestions in similar games.

It was only a tenner a ticket too.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 17:15]

Official attendance announced includes STs sold.

You know that, Dimi. It's something we've always been done. Some of the brainiacs on the site you use as reference claimed once we inflate attendances to fiddle tax.

Yeah, someone once stated that as a fact.

As for the actual, eh, it seemed more than that but who knows the truth.

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 08:55 - Mar 10 with 1742 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 08:28 - Mar 10 by blueytheblue

Official attendance announced includes STs sold.

You know that, Dimi. It's something we've always been done. Some of the brainiacs on the site you use as reference claimed once we inflate attendances to fiddle tax.

Yeah, someone once stated that as a fact.

As for the actual, eh, it seemed more than that but who knows the truth.

I know exactly what it includes Reddy. However its pointless claiming 20,000 people were there. We are talking about a fanbase, not people who bought £10 season tickets and season tickets in the hope you would have Prem football and now cant be bothered... that is not a fanbase.

You are again talking about individual people that I probably have never even conversed with let alone seen, what relevance does that have? Loads of people across all three CCFC sites reckon there are about 12,000-13,000 at your games. Not only that but people who historically have a close relationship with people at the club are also claiming this. The pictures also back this up.

Yet you want me to think that all those empty seats are actually people and everybody is mistaken or lying... just because YOU dont want it to be true?

come on now Reddy, you either want a fair debate or a pointless one where you try and claim 21,000 attendances where everybody else accepts its barely half. do you want a productive debate or a fake one to meet your own agenda?
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:05 - Mar 10 with 1737 viewsblueytheblue

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 08:55 - Mar 10 by SirParlayMBE

I know exactly what it includes Reddy. However its pointless claiming 20,000 people were there. We are talking about a fanbase, not people who bought £10 season tickets and season tickets in the hope you would have Prem football and now cant be bothered... that is not a fanbase.

You are again talking about individual people that I probably have never even conversed with let alone seen, what relevance does that have? Loads of people across all three CCFC sites reckon there are about 12,000-13,000 at your games. Not only that but people who historically have a close relationship with people at the club are also claiming this. The pictures also back this up.

Yet you want me to think that all those empty seats are actually people and everybody is mistaken or lying... just because YOU dont want it to be true?

come on now Reddy, you either want a fair debate or a pointless one where you try and claim 21,000 attendances where everybody else accepts its barely half. do you want a productive debate or a fake one to meet your own agenda?

I'm saying DImi that any figures cites are speculative. I doubt any posters are counting every single person we can see.

Nowhere have I claimed empty seats are people Dimi. Please provide evidence I made that claim?

Agenda? Pot, meet kettle and speculate as to the absence of reflected light. I've never claimed the actual headcount at games is the same as thea ctual attendance. You seem to want to accept a semblance of a debate based around "we think it looks like" or even better "my mate reckons it was" type figures.

I've also pointed out we've a fickle fanbase. Numerous times in fact. But hey, guess you conveniently ignored that.

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 1733 viewsSirParlayMBE

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:05 - Mar 10 by blueytheblue

I'm saying DImi that any figures cites are speculative. I doubt any posters are counting every single person we can see.

Nowhere have I claimed empty seats are people Dimi. Please provide evidence I made that claim?

Agenda? Pot, meet kettle and speculate as to the absence of reflected light. I've never claimed the actual headcount at games is the same as thea ctual attendance. You seem to want to accept a semblance of a debate based around "we think it looks like" or even better "my mate reckons it was" type figures.

I've also pointed out we've a fickle fanbase. Numerous times in fact. But hey, guess you conveniently ignored that.

Reddy, its fairly easy to estimate if half the stadium is empty. Nobody is giving exact to the seat attendances, they are giving approximations. I have seen nobody suggest there is even 15,000 there let alone 21,000 and you are kidding yourself if you think there are. Id say less than half full was a very decent guess. As I said, people whos job it is to collect this data for the club who know figures on both boards also claim the same 12,500 figure.

If the empty seats arent people then they are seats correct? meaning they must be empty? so if over half the seats are not people and thus empty... what figure roughly does that give?

Yes agenda. Pot? kettle? what possible agenda could I have Reddy? or is that a nonsense retort of yours? I am stating pretty obvious things. I have factually compared attendances, factually given a rundown of both catchment areas, factually given an appraisal of the local communities behavioural patterns and made a quite obvious observation that you are not getting 20,000 people at your games... something you are having great difficulty acknowledging.

We both know you have a fickle fanbase? so what? That doesnt mean you actually have 20,000 at your games. you have an odd penchant for discussing thing that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread or point of discussion.

Your attendances are getting worse and worse and if you think there is any relevance in claiming your ''official'' attendances have any sort of value for comparison in the current climate then you are barking.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 9:19]
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 14:28 - Mar 10 with 1684 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 00:13 - Mar 10 by ScoobyWho

Prove I'm a thug ?
Prove everything from here on in.

Or ------> ssshhhhh.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 0:13]

Prove it? Your track record speaks for itself son, but you do seem to be making an effort. You're not fooling me though.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 14:43 - Mar 10 with 1678 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 09:15 - Mar 10 by SirParlayMBE

Reddy, its fairly easy to estimate if half the stadium is empty. Nobody is giving exact to the seat attendances, they are giving approximations. I have seen nobody suggest there is even 15,000 there let alone 21,000 and you are kidding yourself if you think there are. Id say less than half full was a very decent guess. As I said, people whos job it is to collect this data for the club who know figures on both boards also claim the same 12,500 figure.

If the empty seats arent people then they are seats correct? meaning they must be empty? so if over half the seats are not people and thus empty... what figure roughly does that give?

Yes agenda. Pot? kettle? what possible agenda could I have Reddy? or is that a nonsense retort of yours? I am stating pretty obvious things. I have factually compared attendances, factually given a rundown of both catchment areas, factually given an appraisal of the local communities behavioural patterns and made a quite obvious observation that you are not getting 20,000 people at your games... something you are having great difficulty acknowledging.

We both know you have a fickle fanbase? so what? That doesnt mean you actually have 20,000 at your games. you have an odd penchant for discussing thing that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread or point of discussion.

Your attendances are getting worse and worse and if you think there is any relevance in claiming your ''official'' attendances have any sort of value for comparison in the current climate then you are barking.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 9:19]

Oh you have an agenda Dimi, maybe that's why you were kicked off a couple of our sites, in fact you have even pissed off your own supporters on here .

Look no one is denying our support has dropped off, it happens, feck me what crowds were you getting the last time you were in the old 1st division, where did they go?, and what crowds were you getting prior to your rise to the Prem?

Both clubs got fickle fans, seems some people can't accept it though.

Que the long winded boring reply!
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:58 - Mar 10 with 1651 viewsmonmouth

Cue

Just trying to help.

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:02 - Mar 10 with 1644 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 15:58 - Mar 10 by monmouth

Cue

Just trying to help.

Ever so grateful old bean.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:10 - Mar 10 with 1638 viewsmonmouth

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:02 - Mar 10 by ScoobyDoo

Ever so grateful old bean.

Anytime.

I figured you probably needed some help to be honest given that Roath Parlay has been kicking you both all over the board on this topic. Do you remember the good old days Scoob when the only thing you had to brag about was 'our crowds are a few dozen more than yours'?

Ah the halcyon days of yore. How you must reminisce...."we're coming for you" and then...........with one breath.......Puff, the Magic Dragon......all gone.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 16:10]

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:19 - Mar 10 with 1623 viewsScoobyDoo

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:10 - Mar 10 by monmouth

Anytime.

I figured you probably needed some help to be honest given that Roath Parlay has been kicking you both all over the board on this topic. Do you remember the good old days Scoob when the only thing you had to brag about was 'our crowds are a few dozen more than yours'?

Ah the halcyon days of yore. How you must reminisce...."we're coming for you" and then...........with one breath.......Puff, the Magic Dragon......all gone.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 16:10]

Dimi kicking us all over the board? now who's dreaming. At the moment Mon you definitely have the bragging rights and good luck to you, but if you seriously think that will last for ever? well experience tells me better, but make hay when the sun shines my old mate, you've waited long enough for it.
SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:33 - Mar 10 with 1615 viewsmonmouth

SWanse V Crapland BBC news on 16:19 - Mar 10 by ScoobyDoo

Dimi kicking us all over the board? now who's dreaming. At the moment Mon you definitely have the bragging rights and good luck to you, but if you seriously think that will last for ever? well experience tells me better, but make hay when the sun shines my old mate, you've waited long enough for it.

Seriously Scoob; if we stay up next season and hit the big dough into PL year 6 and Tan keeps retrenching and siphoning his money out, both of which are the likely scenarios, then, yes, I do think we will be in the ascendancy (out of telescope range in fact) for the next few decades. Things could work out differently of course but I tell you what, there is nothing about our club I'd swap for yours and not just current circumstances either, but the entire long term future prospects. I'm one of those that accepts that strong feelings in supporting football teams (a bit like success in life) is mainly an accident of birth, but you sure drew a right bummer with your shower.

Anyway, I have a rule. Don't get between a dimi and his prey. Good luck with that one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024