Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stand or Sit 00:57 - Mar 14 with 5236 viewsHark_Now_Hear

After reading of the on coming expansion and possible moving of seats by season ticket holders . I am not a season ticket holder but what would people rather do?

We need a big standing area where soon( i reckon) we will have rail seats for

all to stand like in Germany.

Simple question

Stand or Sit?

Not saying people who sit can't generate atmosphere.
Not saying people who stand can make a difference,
but we all know what we would prefer.........

Stand or Sit on 01:37 - Mar 14 with 5216 viewsjack247

I'd love a standing area around the bottom tier. I think the club are going to upset a lot of people if they make them move seats though.

Standing area would appease those who think the atmosphere could be improved (it's pretty good by prem standards, but a standing area would certainly add to it) as well as those who think match day prices are too high. I am assuming current prices would remain more or less stable, but standing would be cheaper?
Stand or Sit on 07:36 - Mar 14 with 5162 viewsAndy1300

Standing area for me, also move away fans to a corner like many clubs do

Number 1 team in Wales

Stand or Sit on 08:16 - Mar 14 with 5138 viewsWhiterockin

Stand or Sit on 01:37 - Mar 14 by jack247

I'd love a standing area around the bottom tier. I think the club are going to upset a lot of people if they make them move seats though.

Standing area would appease those who think the atmosphere could be improved (it's pretty good by prem standards, but a standing area would certainly add to it) as well as those who think match day prices are too high. I am assuming current prices would remain more or less stable, but standing would be cheaper?

I think a standing area in the East bottom tier is the way to go.

The question is how would season ticket holders feel in this area, if they were offered first choice of seats in the new top tier in the East? Anyone in this area it may affect?
Stand or Sit on 08:24 - Mar 14 with 5130 viewsMattG

Just for me, I would prefer standing but my son, currently 6, is starting to show an interest in attending games and so I'd have to go seated for him.

Love standing at away games tho.
Stand or Sit on 08:54 - Mar 14 with 5100 viewstrolley_jack

The majority who stand are already in the east upper, why move them down to the lower tier?
Stand or Sit on 12:09 - Mar 14 with 4980 viewsloughor_jack

I'd leave the lower tier as a seated and convert the northern half of the East upper to standing. It's where all the singing comes from. Could be up to five thousand swans fans singing their hearts out up there if they were standing. We'd make the stadium rock.

Stand or Sit on 14:13 - Mar 14 with 4934 viewsj01

standing for me
Stand or Sit on 17:34 - Mar 15 with 4820 viewskopperburgjack

Standing but NOT in the lower tier.

It's much harder to generate an atmosphere in the lower tier when there's no roof for the noise to echo off. Anyone who has been to Wolves away will know all about this

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Login to get fewer ads

Stand or Sit on 20:18 - Mar 15 with 4745 viewsSlugster664

For me, I would love a standing area behind the goals where the away fans are at the moment. Have the away fans in the nw/ne corner.

STID

Stand or Sit on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 4732 viewslibertine

Us standing, with something to kick like we used to have in the north bank, I used to love backheeling that corrugated stuff.

them seated with seatbelts to stop them moving maybe even some type of gameshow substance dropped on them from a height when anyone scores,

so we can have happiness either way
Stand or Sit on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 4713 viewsairedale

If people want to stand there should be a safe standing area for them.

No arguments.
Stand or Sit on 00:09 - Mar 16 with 4653 viewsshenleymun

I'm already in a safe standing area, it's in the East lower, we stand and we are safe.
What's the difference unless it's that stewards don't make you sit down? which they don't in my area.
Also I quite like having a seat to sit on at half time.
Stand or Sit on 10:51 - Mar 16 with 4572 viewsOldjack

I'd like too do both ,stand when i want sit when i want

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stand or Sit on 23:50 - Feb 4 with 4053 viewsj01

standing for me
Stand or Sit on 00:00 - Feb 5 with 4020 viewsdailew

Stand

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Stand or Sit on 01:51 - Feb 5 with 3936 viewsDyfnant

Standing in he front few rows of the lower tier would partially block views from the upper, it won't happen. It'd be the back 3/4 rows of the lower only I expect

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Stand or Sit on 04:44 - Feb 5 with 3903 viewsnavyjack

Stand or Sit on 01:51 - Feb 5 by Dyfnant

Standing in he front few rows of the lower tier would partially block views from the upper, it won't happen. It'd be the back 3/4 rows of the lower only I expect

I moved by ST from row B to the back row of lower tier and I love it.can stand and watch the game without fear of disturbing the view of those behind. And looking left and right I'd say most do the same so there's definitely an appetite for it....
Stand or Sit on 08:01 - Feb 5 with 3748 viewsSwaneeRiver

Standing areas won't happen in the PL anytime soon.
However I would like to see areas of the ground dedicated to those who like to stand up more often than others.
How that could be done in reality I do not know.
For example In The South there are groups of people who insist on standing up blocking childrens and older persons views.
This is just not acceptable in a family stand
Stand or Sit on 08:13 - Feb 5 with 3718 viewsClinton

I stand in an area where everyone else's stands too, so the option exists in practice.

Move away fans to a corner to give them less impact. Make a good proportion of them sit down as I was aggressively forced to do at Old Trafford when I last visited.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Stand or Sit on 09:04 - Feb 5 with 3642 viewsstircrazyjack

The expansion is probably never going to happen but if it did I think the upper tier should be standing or at least part of it
Stand or Sit on 10:01 - Feb 5 with 3580 viewssherpajacob

Stand or Sit on 07:36 - Mar 14 by Andy1300

Standing area for me, also move away fans to a corner like many clubs do

Agree with putting away fans in north west corner and safe standing in north and east upper

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Stand or Sit on 10:50 - Feb 5 with 3511 viewspencoedjack

Stand or Sit on 00:09 - Mar 16 by shenleymun

I'm already in a safe standing area, it's in the East lower, we stand and we are safe.
What's the difference unless it's that stewards don't make you sit down? which they don't in my area.
Also I quite like having a seat to sit on at half time.

Don't get me started on the jobworth's in florescent jackets making people sit down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024