Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing 12:13 - Apr 10 with 4750 viewsmikeygunn

I'm going tomorrow night to watch local Leeds fighter Josh Warrington, has anyone been before? I have no idea what to expect really. There are about 5/6 decent fights on the card and it's not bad value for £35...think the pints will be pusing 4/5 quid a go mind....
Boxing on 13:10 - Apr 10 with 4730 viewsPommyhoop

Boxing is a great night out .Or used to be when I was back in the Motherland.
One of my mates Dad was a manager/promoter so we used to follow his fighters around .
Rocky Kelly getting done by Kostas Petrou in Durham for the British welterweight springs to mind..It took f'cking ages to get up there( I always thought WTF is it up here Petrou was a Brummie) and we thought Rocky was gonna piss it. Then Rocky verses Kirkland Laing . At least that was in London.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Boxing on 16:13 - Apr 10 with 4675 viewshoopdog

Boxing on 13:10 - Apr 10 by Pommyhoop

Boxing is a great night out .Or used to be when I was back in the Motherland.
One of my mates Dad was a manager/promoter so we used to follow his fighters around .
Rocky Kelly getting done by Kostas Petrou in Durham for the British welterweight springs to mind..It took f'cking ages to get up there( I always thought WTF is it up here Petrou was a Brummie) and we thought Rocky was gonna piss it. Then Rocky verses Kirkland Laing . At least that was in London.

Saw Rocky fight Steven Watt in the tragic fight down at Lillie rd and saw Andy Furlong give him a hell of battering before getting stopped over in Battersea arts centre .
Who was the Promoter and manager whose fights you used to follow Harry Holland ?
Boxing on 16:20 - Apr 10 with 4669 viewsPommyhoop

Boxing on 16:13 - Apr 10 by hoopdog

Saw Rocky fight Steven Watt in the tragic fight down at Lillie rd and saw Andy Furlong give him a hell of battering before getting stopped over in Battersea arts centre .
Who was the Promoter and manager whose fights you used to follow Harry Holland ?

Yes mate..Grew up with his son John.Rocky was never the same after the Steve Watt fight ( understandable) Did you ever see Garry Hobbs fight?

Boxing on 18:48 - Apr 10 with 4635 viewshoopdog

Boxing on 16:20 - Apr 10 by Pommyhoop

Yes mate..Grew up with his son John.Rocky was never the same after the Steve Watt fight ( understandable) Did you ever see Garry Hobbs fight?

Can't say I recall that name but may well have seen him , saw many of Harry's bills Battersea Catford Wimbledon ect used to follow Brian Hiils (Nacker) fighters
Boxing on 18:57 - Apr 10 with 4628 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I used to love Kirkland Laing. Did he win that fight?
Boxing on 21:08 - Apr 10 with 4595 viewsdanehoop

Boxing on 18:57 - Apr 10 by oldmeadoniansR

I used to love Kirkland Laing. Did he win that fight?

Laing did win. Rocky was doing well and Laing didn't look overly interested. One punch out of nowhere in about 5th or 6th round and that was that.

Never knowingly understood

Boxing on 22:47 - Apr 10 with 4566 viewsPommyhoop

Boxing on 18:48 - Apr 10 by hoopdog

Can't say I recall that name but may well have seen him , saw many of Harry's bills Battersea Catford Wimbledon ect used to follow Brian Hiils (Nacker) fighters

Gary Hobbs was a local boy .Won the southern area middleweight and was a decent prospect. A brawler but hard as f'ck.(Especially out of the ring ). His career was cut short by a freak injury at his other job.A car aerial poked him in the eye and he lost the use of it.
Here's Hobbsy on the box winning the Southern Area.

Boxing on 12:06 - Apr 11 with 4505 viewsRanger78

Boxing on 22:47 - Apr 10 by Pommyhoop

Gary Hobbs was a local boy .Won the southern area middleweight and was a decent prospect. A brawler but hard as f'ck.(Especially out of the ring ). His career was cut short by a freak injury at his other job.A car aerial poked him in the eye and he lost the use of it.
Here's Hobbsy on the box winning the Southern Area.

I'm a huge boxing fan and go to a lot of fights. You'll have a good night, it's a unique atmosphere and always builds into a frenzy for the main fight.

Josh Warrington is a big prospect and has already got himself a big fantastical following so they will be noisy!

Enjoy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024