Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? 16:01 - Jan 27 with 39648 viewsSheffieldjack

Forza Italian Football are reporting our interest in Alberto Paloschi. This may well be a realistic option for us.

Premier League side Swansea City have joined the queue of Serie A sides eager to sign Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi.

The Swans recently appointed Francesco Guidolin as their new coach, and the former Udinese boss has reportedly expressed his desire to bring the 26-year-old to Wales in an attempt to improve the team’s scoring record as they have only found the net on 22 occasions in the 2015-16 season.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Swansea have increased their previous offer to €8 million plus €2m in bonuses in order to beat Atalanta, who have seen their bid of €7m plus €1m in bonuses rejected.

Sampdoria have also been linked to the player, as they could soon lose their forward Eder, with the likes of Leicester City and Inter keen on the Brazilian-born Italy international.

Paloschi has scored eight goals in 21 Serie A appearances so far, closing in on his 2013-2014 record of 13 league goals.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 4048 viewsClinton

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:39 - Jan 27 by Sheffieldjack

I can't see how Guidolin could do it with the current strikers we have available. We've tried Ayew playing behind Gomis but that didn't work. To throw Paloschi into that mix doesn't look realistic.

The new manager is presumably used to playing that way, so will know how to set the team up for two forwards and how to play that system.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 4024 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:42 - Jan 27 by skippyjack

I knew what Trequartista was.. but struggled with the correct definition of Italian saying for '3 pronged attack'..

...........Neymar..........
Suarez..............Messi

..........Gomis............
Ayew............Paloschi
...........Gylf................ the Trequartista.. usually De Guzman.
...Ki..............Britton...
Taylor..Fed..Ash..Rangel

Trequartista isn't the correct term after all.. but Paloschi can play in the Tridente.

Not much width in that formation. I think the idea of playing Ayew as the main striker supported by Paloschi gives the option for a winger in midfield. I believe that Guidolin likes to play a wide player on the left of midfield.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:47 - Jan 27 with 4006 viewsClinton

I knew what Trequartista was.. but struggled with the correct definition of Italian saying for '3 pronged attack'..

Ayew............Paloschi
Taylor..Fed..Ash..Rangel

Trequartista isn't the correct term after all.. but Paloschi can play in the Tridente.

Curtains for Routs, Montero, and Barrow then ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:02 - Jan 27 with 3837 viewsskippyjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:46 - Jan 27 by Sheffieldjack

Not much width in that formation. I think the idea of playing Ayew as the main striker supported by Paloschi gives the option for a winger in midfield. I believe that Guidolin likes to play a wide player on the left of midfield.

I'm not sure.. but Paloschi is adaptable in the front 3..

Gomis/Eder our Strikers
Paloschi.. cover for our Strikers and Ayew's role.
Ayew/Emnes
Gylfi/Grimes/JDG (hopefully)
Barrow/Montero/Routledge
Ki/Britton/Cork
Rangel/Taylor/Naughton
Amat/Bartley/Williams/Federico
Fabs/Nordfeldt

so many possible formations

........Gomis.........
Ayew..........Paloschi
..........Gylfi...........

..........Paloschi.......
Ayew...............Gylfi
..............Ki...............

............Gomis/Paloschi...........
Montero......Gylfi..........Ayew/Barrow
.............Ki.............Britton...........

.......................Paloschi............................
............Ayew.....Gylfi.......Routledge........

Taylor................Britton..................Rangel
...........Amat...Williams...Fernandez..

.................Paloschi..............................
.....................................Ayew................
.........................Gylfi...............................
............................Ki..................................
Taylor................Britton..................Rangel
...........Amat...Williams...Fernandez..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:04 - Jan 27 with 3802 viewsGriffting

Sky think we are offering him a 4 year contract on 17k a week.. Cheap as chips!
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:13 - Jan 27 with 3709 viewsmax936

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:04 - Jan 27 by Griffting

Sky think we are offering him a 4 year contract on 17k a week.. Cheap as chips!

Huwbert will be really enjoying his evening tipple at those figures

He can afford another bugger at those prices, just in case this one is crap, like
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 20:14]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:20 - Jan 27 with 3629 viewsDavillin

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 19:29 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

There's nothing wrong with Gomis. If we gave him better supply he'd score more . It's really THAT simple. Perhaps Paloschi is being brought in to play behind Bafe to support as well as getting some goals for himself

I truly don't want to say this, but he needs to learn the offside rule or he'll never fulfill his potential.

I'd have a time for him if he would learn it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:21 - Jan 27 with 3619 viewsTrundle10

Underwhelmed to be honest. Hope it works out obviously but does not whet the appetite.
Login to get fewer ads

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:23 - Jan 27 with 3604 viewsshandyjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:21 - Jan 27 by Trundle10

Underwhelmed to be honest. Hope it works out obviously but does not whet the appetite.

what were you expecting for the kind of money we have to spend?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:24 - Jan 27 with 3584 viewsmagicdaps10

Think if he signs then he will suprise a lot of people. Scores a fair amount of goals for a Chievo team who is regularly at the lower reaches of the Italian top flight.

Big, strong with a turn of pace. Able to play anywhere across the front 3 but prefers to play up top, capable of scoring tap ins and from distance.

Would be happy with this one.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 3555 viewsAngelRangelQS

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:23 - Jan 27 by shandyjack

what were you expecting for the kind of money we have to spend?

And our league position
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 3555 viewsGriffting

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:13 - Jan 27 by max936

Huwbert will be really enjoying his evening tipple at those figures

He can afford another bugger at those prices, just in case this one is crap, like
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 20:14]

Can't see him coming here for that wage to be honest.. Especially if he's going to be an important player, he'll want to be earning with the big dogs surely? never know though.. Perhaps thats after tax?
Ac Fans seems to love him and the general consensus in Italy is that he's a hard working player with a good finish.. Guess we'll see! Although, De Guzman had agreed terms and has been having his medical for the past 2 weeks so perhaps we won't
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:28 - Jan 27 with 3534 viewsDavillin

Ayew............Paloschi
Taylor..Fed..Ash..Rangel

Madre di Dio!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:53 - Jan 27 with 3307 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gomis will be back up , 3rd back up I assume .

He might even go now , fingers crossed !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:53 - Jan 27 with 3297 viewshobo

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:27 - Jan 27 by Griffting

Can't see him coming here for that wage to be honest.. Especially if he's going to be an important player, he'll want to be earning with the big dogs surely? never know though.. Perhaps thats after tax?
Ac Fans seems to love him and the general consensus in Italy is that he's a hard working player with a good finish.. Guess we'll see! Although, De Guzman had agreed terms and has been having his medical for the past 2 weeks so perhaps we won't

It's more than what he's on at Chievo so I don't see why he wouldn't be happy with it?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:01 - Jan 27 with 3206 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew............Paloschi
Taylor..Fed..Ash..Rangel

I knew what you meant skip.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:01 - Jan 27 with 3207 viewsmax936

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:27 - Jan 27 by Griffting

You can't mention hard working and De Guzman in the same sentence mun,
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 21:04]

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:02 - Jan 27 with 3188 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:20 - Jan 27 by Davillin

I truly don't want to say this, but he needs to learn the offside rule or he'll never fulfill his potential.

I'd have a time for him if he would learn it.

How old is Gomis? If he hasn't learnt how to stay onside by now I don't hold out much hope. What's the saying about "old dogs and new tricks"?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:03 - Jan 27 with 3181 viewsGriffting

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:53 - Jan 27 by hobo

It's more than what he's on at Chievo so I don't see why he wouldn't be happy with it?

That's a fair opinion and completely down to the player and his agent I suppose. I just assumed he'd be looking for a premiership wage coming here 30-40 k plus. Thought that was the going rate of our first team players these days.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:07 - Jan 27 with 3132 viewsnyc_swans

why send Gomis out at this point? should loan Eder out to the championship and see what he can do with regular game time. we all know that an in form Gomis is a great thing, and maybe this will light a fire under him.

if he's unhappy, then he can be shipped off to the middle east in the summer.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:08 - Jan 27 with 3108 viewsItchySphincter

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:01 - Jan 27 by max936

You can't mention hard working and De Guzman in the same sentence mun,
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 21:04]

Boooooooo.

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:10 - Jan 27 with 3074 viewshobo

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:03 - Jan 27 by Griffting

That's a fair opinion and completely down to the player and his agent I suppose. I just assumed he'd be looking for a premiership wage coming here 30-40 k plus. Thought that was the going rate of our first team players these days.

It's not. The majority of our squad is on less than 40k
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:13 - Jan 27 with 3033 viewsItchySphincter

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:36 - Jan 27 by Oldjack

OMG, just watched his clips, can't believe how Trundlesque he is. He even runs with those little short steps as if he's clenching a nugget between his cheeks. Awesome, I'm a fan already.

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:27 - Jan 27 with 2913 viewsLoyal

1 in 5 striker.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:29 - Jan 27 with 2867 viewsmax936

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 21:13 - Jan 27 by ItchySphincter

OMG, just watched his clips, can't believe how Trundlesque he is. He even runs with those little short steps as if he's clenching a nugget between his cheeks. Awesome, I'm a fan already.

Can't get my head round his surname, so I'm gonna call him Berty

Last thing Doc Wins will want to see is a similarity to Trunds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024