Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? 16:01 - Jan 27 with 39468 viewsSheffieldjack

Forza Italian Football are reporting our interest in Alberto Paloschi. This may well be a realistic option for us.

Premier League side Swansea City have joined the queue of Serie A sides eager to sign Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi.

The Swans recently appointed Francesco Guidolin as their new coach, and the former Udinese boss has reportedly expressed his desire to bring the 26-year-old to Wales in an attempt to improve the team’s scoring record as they have only found the net on 22 occasions in the 2015-16 season.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Swansea have increased their previous offer to €8 million plus €2m in bonuses in order to beat Atalanta, who have seen their bid of €7m plus €1m in bonuses rejected.

Sampdoria have also been linked to the player, as they could soon lose their forward Eder, with the likes of Leicester City and Inter keen on the Brazilian-born Italy international.

Paloschi has scored eight goals in 21 Serie A appearances so far, closing in on his 2013-2014 record of 13 league goals.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:20 - Jan 28 with 3487 viewsDafyddHuw

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 08:54 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

Don't think Guidolin headhunted him, we put in a £4 million bid for him just before Christmas.
However, if Guidolin didn't rate him, I doubt if we'd be bidding for him now.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 8:56]

This, although a friend's son-in-law is Italian and watches Serie A more than the Prem rates him as "alright".

Must have something about him though else other Italian clubs wouldn't be after him.
But yes, The Don not saying no speaks volumes.

Also on BBC website, so must be pretty strong indicators that he's seriously considering the move. They always triple-check before repeating tittle-tattle.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:31 - Jan 28 with 3420 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:20 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

This, although a friend's son-in-law is Italian and watches Serie A more than the Prem rates him as "alright".

Must have something about him though else other Italian clubs wouldn't be after him.
But yes, The Don not saying no speaks volumes.

Also on BBC website, so must be pretty strong indicators that he's seriously considering the move. They always triple-check before repeating tittle-tattle.

Which other clubs in Italy have shown an interest in signing him?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 11:32]
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:41 - Jan 28 with 3349 viewsGriffting

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:31 - Jan 28 by Sheffieldjack

Which other clubs in Italy have shown an interest in signing him?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 11:32]

Sampdoria wanted him as a replacement for there main striker if he went to Leicester but the guy turned Leicester down.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:43 - Jan 28 with 3327 viewsfather_jack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:41 - Jan 28 by Griffting

Sampdoria wanted him as a replacement for there main striker if he went to Leicester but the guy turned Leicester down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35425362
typical bbc wales side swipe at the bottom of the article

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:46 - Jan 28 with 3294 viewskarnataka

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 08:54 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

Don't think Guidolin headhunted him, we put in a £4 million bid for him just before Christmas.
However, if Guidolin didn't rate him, I doubt if we'd be bidding for him now.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 8:56]

Wouldn't be surprised if the appointment of FG had maybe swung this deal in our favour when others were reportedly interested. He may even have spoken to him or his agent. Whatever the reason, this could be an interesting one.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:56 - Jan 28 with 3223 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:41 - Jan 28 by Griffting

There's been some discussion on here about where he can (or should?) play. Is her more of a withdrawn striker playing behind the main front man? Or is he suited to playing the main front role himself? Has your friend who watches Italian football regularly commented?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:00 - Jan 28 with 3186 viewsPinky

I saw on twitter that Paloschi has already scored at the Liberty in a match for Italy u21s in 2009. I managed to find a video (from around 1:32).

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:12 - Jan 28 with 3089 viewsDafyddHuw

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 11:56 - Jan 28 by Sheffieldjack

There's been some discussion on here about where he can (or should?) play. Is her more of a withdrawn striker playing behind the main front man? Or is he suited to playing the main front role himself? Has your friend who watches Italian football regularly commented?

Sorry butt, that's all I know.
Bit of a disturbing stat tho. He's been caught offside more times than any other player - except one. Guess who that one is?
Login to get fewer ads

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:14 - Jan 28 with 3066 viewsjasonbromham

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:12 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

Bit of a disturbing stat tho. He's been caught offside more times than any other player - except one. Guess who that one is?

Stinks of another Gomis to me sadly. We have already got 1 striker who can't stay onside, I don't fancy another.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:19 - Jan 28 with 3033 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:12 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

Yeah, I've picked that one up elsewhere. Hopefully it will be an area where Paloschi improves with us rather than driving everyone mad like Gomis does with his lazy offsides which are very irritating.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 12:37 - Jan 28 with 2934 viewsunion_jack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 22:16 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

We won't be in the championship next year

With all due respect, I didn't say we would but also, it's anything but certain at the moment although a momentum shift has been noticed.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:21 - Jan 28 with 2737 viewsjasper_T

Seen enough of him to not be excited by the prospect. Another Eder signing, cheap enough wage but more up front than he's worth.

Hopefully Guidolin can find use for him. Not been the case for most of our squad players so far.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:22 - Jan 28 with 2722 viewsDaggyjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:21 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Seen enough of him to not be excited by the prospect. Another Eder signing, cheap enough wage but more up front than he's worth.

Hopefully Guidolin can find use for him. Not been the case for most of our squad players so far.

He'll hardly be a squad player and he's hardly like Eder...
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:25 - Jan 28 with 2700 viewsjasper_T

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:22 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

He'll hardly be a squad player and he's hardly like Eder...

£8m for an average at best player from a worse league than ours is just like £5m for an average at best player from a worse league than ours.

He's not good enough to start for us except in need.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:35 - Jan 28 with 2654 viewssomersetsimon

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:25 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

£8m for an average at best player from a worse league than ours is just like £5m for an average at best player from a worse league than ours.

I thought we were in need?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 2608 viewsmagicdaps10

8M gets you a 12-15 goal a season striker at best for a team like us, i believe that given a run and taking into account his work rate when we have and have not got the ball then he is capable of getting that tally of goals.

We got lucky with Mich with the fee we paid and Bony could have easily not worked out and many fans were saying early on that he was not up to it. We wont get another Michu at 2M and as our time in the premier league goes on, we will find it harder to find goalscorers and ones who fall into our fee structure. We will have to take gambles on players like Paloschi in hope we can get another Michu or Bony.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:45 - Jan 28 with 2596 viewsGriffting

In fairness i'd say that Serie A is more competitive than the Portuguese league..
Paloschi i'd heard of before we were linked and was also produced by an elite club in AC Milan. Eder or the other hand..
Not saying he's the saviour, just saying he's probably better than Eder.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:47 - Jan 28 with 2574 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Strange for an Italian player to look a bit chubby cheeked - maybe he's big boned?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:02 - Jan 28 with 2502 viewslondonlisa2001

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:21 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Can I ask how you've seen so much of him?

I mean, enough that you believe that our manager who has managed in the top flight in Italy for 30 years or so, and has had this guy playing for him for two seasons (a guy who, incidentally has represented Italy at every age level up to 21s and has been twice called to train with the senior squad in the past couple of years, and had his formative years at one of Italy's top clubs) is wrong in believing that he will be a good signing for us at the price?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 2486 viewsDaggyjack

Not sure how he is average but if you're looking for 20 - 25 goals a season type player, we would need to spend £20 million +.

Compared to Eder and Gomis, he is good enough to start for us.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:21 - Jan 28 with 2429 viewsJackTheLad

Would be a perfect signing from what I can see. Scores goals most importantly, but he is fast, strong, aggressive, plays with a real fire in his belly.. We need this man in our team.
Only 26 - so we should get a return on our investment at least in a couple of years. For the reported £7-8 million on such low wages this is a no brainer..

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:29 - Jan 28 with 2386 viewsjasper_T

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:02 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Can I ask how you've seen so much of him?

I mean, enough that you believe that our manager who has managed in the top flight in Italy for 30 years or so, and has had this guy playing for him for two seasons (a guy who, incidentally has represented Italy at every age level up to 21s and has been twice called to train with the senior squad in the past couple of years, and had his formative years at one of Italy's top clubs) is wrong in believing that he will be a good signing for us at the price?

I follow Serie A. Have done for years. Seen more highlights of him than full games (because Chievo) but when the highlights video posted here starts with him fluffing a one on one well, that's tells a story on its own.

I've seen more of him than I had of Eder and I called that as a disaster (some credit there to my Portugese contacts admittedly ).

He's not a bad player but I wouldn't start him over Ayew, or even Routledge if we play the diamond system we have been with wide strikers. If the reported wage is accurate he'll be a good squad player, but the upfront fee is steep given our cashflow situation.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:30 - Jan 28 with 2378 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We need to recognise where we are and what is realistic for us right now. We aren't going to attract a 20 goals a season striker even if we could afford one. A player like that wouldn't accept a relegation clause and would want guarantees about leaving cheaply if we go down. That's simply.not going to happen so we look for players that aren't pulling up trees where they are but will suit our style and we can hopefully get the best out of them all within our budget.

Gayle and Paloschi both fit that description and we have to hope that Guidolin can get the best out of them. I'm very hopeful.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:31 - Jan 28 with 2359 viewsjasper_T

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:07 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

Not sure how he is average but if you're looking for 20 - 25 goals a season type player, we would need to spend £20 million +.

Compared to Eder and Gomis, he is good enough to start for us.

The issue is that he's more likely to be a 5-10 goal a season player in the Premier League.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:34 - Jan 28 with 2345 viewsDaggyjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:29 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

I follow Serie A. Have done for years. Seen more highlights of him than full games (because Chievo) but when the highlights video posted here starts with him fluffing a one on one well, that's tells a story on its own.

I've seen more of him than I had of Eder and I called that as a disaster (some credit there to my Portugese contacts admittedly ).

He's not a bad player but I wouldn't start him over Ayew, or even Routledge if we play the diamond system we have been with wide strikers. If the reported wage is accurate he'll be a good squad player, but the upfront fee is steep given our cashflow situation.

Completely disagree and you need to remember where we are at as a club.
Seen plenty of Chievo myself and Paloschi would be an upgrade on what we have.
More importantly, we need to freshen things up and Paloschi (& Gayle hopefully) will provide this.
I would see Ayew, Paloschi and Gayle as being the main three.
Well done on your prediction with Eder though, it's a shame Huw didn't have the same Portuguese connections as you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024