Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 09:21 - Mar 9 with 2283 viewskingsburyR

Really solid display, great kicking and loved how he set up the first goal with a smart throw when Derby were expecting a kick.

And to save to penalties in a month is a real bonus!!!

We need to nail this lad down as he will go onto better things!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 9:28]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smithies on 09:24 - Mar 9 with 2272 viewsspencer

Have to agree. I felt a lot more comfortable last night that we were not going to concede late goals
Smithies on 09:25 - Mar 9 with 2267 viewsNorthernr

POTY next season, heard it here first.
Smithies on 09:55 - Mar 9 with 2209 viewshoof_hearted

I remember being amazed at the young Seaman (f'naar f'naar). Smithies, so far, has had the most impressive start since those heady days. He even reminds me of old Spunky with his temperament on the podcast interview. But if he grows a pony tail I'm not renewing.
Smithies on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 2203 viewsBAWHoops

Smithies on 09:25 - Mar 9 by Northernr

A bit like 'Diakite player of the season 12/13'

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Smithies on 10:03 - Mar 9 with 2185 viewsrobith

I simply can not believe we played Green for so long when we had him.

The biggest compliment I can pay him is how relaxed he makes me feel. Cross going in? No worries, Smithies has got it. Goal kick? Going into the oppo box mate. Pennos? Save them for breakfast lad.
Smithies on 10:05 - Mar 9 with 2171 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thank God we kopped on to the 30 game clause in Green's contract in time!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Smithies on 10:13 - Mar 9 with 2147 viewsNorthernr

Smithies on 09:56 - Mar 9 by BAWHoops

A bit like 'Diakite player of the season 12/13'

Touche.
Smithies on 10:17 - Mar 9 with 2132 viewsolderR

I don't know why we are persisting with Smithties when we have a great keeper
like Ingram on the bench.

Is it to soon for this?
Login to get fewer ads

Smithies on 10:21 - Mar 9 with 2117 views1MoreBrightonR

He also time wasted like an absolute pro last night...good man!
Smithies on 11:18 - Mar 9 with 2027 viewsBluce_Ree

Smithies on 09:25 - Mar 9 by Northernr

Or... first game, he cocks up a save, gets called a 'f**king Huddersfield c*nt' by one of our fans/patients and ends up spiralling in confidence, starts taking cocaine and ends up fatter than Paddy Kenny and just as tw@tty.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Smithies on 11:51 - Mar 9 with 1974 viewsDoughnut

Quality performance last two matches. Much more solid than Green, every match . Better display all round......even Henry...keep it up!
Smithies on 12:07 - Mar 9 with 1942 viewskensalriser

I'm not sure nailing him down is a good idea. He'll be a bit restricted in movement. Didn't we just get rid of a keeper who was nailed to his line?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Smithies on 12:16 - Mar 9 with 1913 viewsextratimeR

Instills confidence in his own defenders, his kicking is exceptional, catches the ball at set pieces,(shock horror), and is now on the list for "assists"

How many points did Green cost us?
Smithies on 12:18 - Mar 9 with 1897 viewsClive_Anderson

We'd still have Green in goal if it wasn't for his ridiculous contract clause. For once a football agent has done us a favour.
Smithies on 13:00 - Mar 9 with 1798 viewsTheChef

Smithies on 12:16 - Mar 9 by extratimeR

Instills confidence in his own defenders, his kicking is exceptional, catches the ball at set pieces,(shock horror), and is now on the list for "assists"

For the first time in I don't how many years, from the back of the Upper Loft I actually heard a QPR goalkeeper call for the ball.

Unbelievable scenes.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Smithies on 13:03 - Mar 9 with 1783 viewsBluce_Ree

Smithies on 12:16 - Mar 9 by extratimeR

According to OFFICIAL STATS Rob Green on balance actually didn't cost us any points. He in fact earned us more points than any other player.

You can't argue with STATS, peasants.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Smithies on 13:06 - Mar 9 with 1766 viewsjonno

Smithies on 13:03 - Mar 9 by Bluce_Ree

According to OFFICIAL STATS Rob Green on balance actually didn't cost us any points. He in fact earned us more points than any other player.

He certainly cost us points against Forest at home - and I would suggest turned the season in the wrong direction in that one game as we were doing pretty well up to that point.
Smithies on 13:39 - Mar 9 with 1693 viewskingsburyR

Smithies on 13:03 - Mar 9 by Bluce_Ree

If we are going into the trenches I want Bluce with me.

Never ending and loyal support until the bitter end!!!!

(And I share his views on Scousers!)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smithies on 14:23 - Mar 9 with 1630 viewsClive_Anderson

Smithies on 13:06 - Mar 9 by jonno

He certainly cost us points against Forest at home - and I would suggest turned the season in the wrong direction in that one game as we were doing pretty well up to that point.

That was one of the biggest fck ups I've ever seen. Even David Blunkett could see it coming a mile off as Green faffed around with the ball for about 10 minutes.

Annoys me that none of the past 4 managers dared drop him regardless of how many times he ballsed it up.
Smithies on 14:26 - Mar 9 with 1622 viewsNorthernr

Smithies on 14:23 - Mar 9 by Clive_Anderson

That was one of the biggest fck ups I've ever seen. Even David Blunkett could see it coming a mile off as Green faffed around with the ball for about 10 minutes.

Annoys me that none of the past 4 managers dared drop him regardless of how many times he ballsed it up.

Yeh that was a Tony Roberts of the highest order.
And Hull at home, jesus I thought I was going to have a brain aneurysm when he did that.
Smithies on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 1600 viewsWrightUp5hit___

...and then there is Smithies positive influence on the players ahead of him.

With Green dithering on crosses, whether to come out to the ball on the deck and general dicking around with his kicking our CB's must have developed serious Goalkeeper Aversion Syndrome.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024