Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alberto P 05:20 - Apr 3 with 6565 viewsZut_Alors

He's got a great touch, hasn't he. Some of his passes on the counter are brilliant too. Would like to see him get into better positions for shooting opportunities — although, that could be as much down to our build up play as anything — as he only seems to have one or two shots a game.

He hasn't really impressed me at the Liberty yet, but away from home he's been pretty good. Think we'll still need a new No.1 striker in the summer, but he's looking good as a bench option.

Anyone think he could cover Glyfi at No.10? I feel we're a bit short for cover in that position, especially if Ayew goes in the summer. But at the same time, I'd much rather us spend for a striker, CB, wide player and 1, possibly 2, full backs.
Alberto P on 05:28 - Apr 3 with 4976 viewsjack247

Yes. He says he models himself on Inzaghi, but he looks more like a #10 to me. Not convinced he is an out an out centre forward. His natural instinct is to drop deep and look to get involved in the action, which isn't a bad thing, just don't see him as a goal poacher.

He seems more effective on the counter attack, though I appreciate we were on top when he came on yesterday. He can hold the ball pretty well, turn and go at defenders and bring others in to play. Criticism from me is that he is hot and cold, he can be anonymous at times.
Alberto P on 05:29 - Apr 3 with 4976 viewsdameedna

Good player
Alberto P on 08:12 - Apr 3 with 4859 viewsKilkennyjack

And always good to have an Albert in the teAm. Proper name.

Beware of the Risen People

Alberto P on 08:23 - Apr 3 with 4821 viewsjasper_T

Alberto P on 05:28 - Apr 3 by jack247

Yes. He says he models himself on Inzaghi, but he looks more like a #10 to me. Not convinced he is an out an out centre forward. His natural instinct is to drop deep and look to get involved in the action, which isn't a bad thing, just don't see him as a goal poacher.

He seems more effective on the counter attack, though I appreciate we were on top when he came on yesterday. He can hold the ball pretty well, turn and go at defenders and bring others in to play. Criticism from me is that he is hot and cold, he can be anonymous at times.

It'll take him a while to adapt to the role of lone striker here because in Italy he played in a partnership. Usually with a '10' pushing up behind centrally to form a three man attack, of which he would be on the flank, running channels and chasing things down.
Alberto P on 08:51 - Apr 3 with 4741 viewsjack247

Alberto P on 08:23 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

It'll take him a while to adapt to the role of lone striker here because in Italy he played in a partnership. Usually with a '10' pushing up behind centrally to form a three man attack, of which he would be on the flank, running channels and chasing things down.

I'm not convinced he needs to. He suits the role you have described very well. I'd rather try to accommodate him alongside Siggy and a new striker, or have him on the bench as cover for both.
Alberto P on 09:04 - Apr 3 with 4698 viewsStarsky

Alberto P on 05:28 - Apr 3 by jack247

Let's see how he does when we play some more games with wingers.
The diamond choked most of the game out of our forwards

It's just the internet, init.

Alberto P on 09:14 - Apr 3 with 4656 viewsjasper_T

Alberto P on 09:04 - Apr 3 by Starsky

In a proper diamond the forwards are given space to stretch the game. Routledge has been the only one to really do that for us in the system.
Alberto P on 09:22 - Apr 3 with 4617 viewsjack247

Alberto P on 09:14 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

In a proper diamond the forwards are given space to stretch the game. Routledge has been the only one to really do that for us in the system.

I'm glad someone else can see that.
Login to get fewer ads

Alberto P on 09:29 - Apr 3 with 4577 viewsZut_Alors

Alberto P on 09:04 - Apr 3 by Starsky

Would like to see him running onto cutbacks from the byline.

One thing about Montero is when he does get there he seems to go for the chip cross, which worked for Gomis on occasion but I can't see working as well for Alberto.

Alberto seems to want to take on shots first time, so low balls from the byline would be a good option. Pablo used to be good at that and I hope we can try it more.
Alberto P on 09:34 - Apr 3 with 4554 viewsmonmouth

Are you saying our diamond isn't even a proper diamond? How very dare you.

KoL: l know, gaffer in the suit, lets play the diamond.
GM: What's that then Krissy boy...is it 4-4-2
KoL: F**k knows but I saw some dutch geezer, Crufts or something, on you tube on that pc you got me talking about it.
GM: Yeah, ok lets do it. Four-Four-F***ing Diamond

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Alberto P on 09:54 - Apr 3 with 4491 viewsStarsky

We have 2 wingers with blistering pace.
Barrow is raw but will make things happen and will put balls in the box.
Playing Montero and Barrow will take the pressure off both wingers by us not just playing down just one flank.
If the fullbacks are coping then switch them over so they can cut inside/overlap,
There's plenty of scope here which will benefit Ayew, Siggy, Alberto to rack up our goals for ratio.and do you know what? If we find goals easier to come by then it takes the pressure off our defence.
The end product of our wingers will always be down on percentages. We can and should accept that because in in 5 crosses could well be a match winner.
Oh... And if we do eventually take a team apart and go 2 up... How about we remember that if we then shut up shop, we are basically undoing all the good work achieved in said game.
Probably why we hardly ever get 3 goals. Continuing to take the game to our opponents when winning is frowned upon.
And that's what frustrates me with Guidolin. Playing safe is suicide with our defence.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 9:57]

Alberto P on 09:58 - Apr 3 with 4462 viewsjasper_T

Alberto P on 09:29 - Apr 3 by Zut_Alors

Would like to see him running onto cutbacks from the byline.

One thing about Montero is when he does get there he seems to go for the chip cross, which worked for Gomis on occasion but I can't see working as well for Alberto.

Alberto seems to want to take on shots first time, so low balls from the byline would be a good option. Pablo used to be good at that and I hope we can try it more.

The difference between Pablo and Jeff is that the former could glance up and instantly see where all his own players were. I don't think Montero sees quite the same picture, so chips it into an area and hopes for the best.
Alberto P on 09:59 - Apr 3 with 4455 viewsjack247

Alberto P on 09:54 - Apr 3 by Starsky

We have 2 wingers with blistering pace.
Barrow is raw but will make things happen and will put balls in the box.
Playing Montero and Barrow will take the pressure off both wingers by us not just playing down just one flank.
If the fullbacks are coping then switch them over so they can cut inside/overlap,
There's plenty of scope here which will benefit Ayew, Siggy, Alberto to rack up our goals for ratio.and do you know what? If we find goals easier to come by then it takes the pressure off our defence.
The end product of our wingers will always be down on percentages. We can and should accept that because in in 5 crosses could well be a match winner.
Oh... And if we do eventually take a team apart and go 2 up... How about we remember that if we then shut up shop, we are basically undoing all the good work achieved in said game.
Probably why we hardly ever get 3 goals. Continuing to take the game to our opponents when winning is frowned upon.
And that's what frustrates me with Guidolin. Playing safe is suicide with our defence.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 9:57]

It has worked though. We don't have a solid defence, so we have protected them at the expense of flair. I'd imagine that would change if Guidollin was able to bring in the defenders he wanted. Should change anyway now as we are able to experiment a bit with the pressure off.
Alberto P on 10:05 - Apr 3 with 4424 viewsStarsky

Is it me or have most on here preferring safety play to the previous Swansea way?
I think I'm in a minority and perhaps I'm in the wrong but the first 60 minutes against Stoke bored the shyte out of me. It's not the Swansea City that I want to pursue much longer.

Alberto P on 10:11 - Apr 3 with 4393 viewsjack247

Alberto P on 10:05 - Apr 3 by Starsky

Is it me or have most on here preferring safety play to the previous Swansea way?
I think I'm in a minority and perhaps I'm in the wrong but the first 60 minutes against Stoke bored the shyte out of me. It's not the Swansea City that I want to pursue much longer.

I don't think anyone does. Prioritising survival over attacking football was a no brainier though. I don't think we will be so cautious next season.
Alberto P on 10:12 - Apr 3 with 4387 viewsDr_Winston

Alberto P on 10:05 - Apr 3 by Starsky

Doubt anyone prefers this. Even Guidolin, It's a case of needs must. It's working at the minute, so we're sticking with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alberto P on 10:39 - Apr 3 with 4279 viewsStarsky

Alberto P on 10:12 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Doubt anyone prefers this. Even Guidolin, It's a case of needs must. It's working at the minute, so we're sticking with it.

The trouble is, for me, it only works when we change tactics away from it.
As at 60 minutes yesterday. Somebody help me see this please FFS.

Alberto P on 10:43 - Apr 3 with 4256 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Alberto P on 10:12 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

I think it would be better to say that it is working until it isn't and then the change up does the work instead.
That became obvious when we lost 1 nil leads playing defensively but conversely came back strongly after going behind when Curt made the change to attack mode when Guidolin was ill.
This is what we used to struggle against when the opposition made those sorts of changes and everyone said we had no plan "B", well yesterday Stoke had no real plan "B" either and could easily have lost the game.
They had to go back to very strong pressing to try and stem our push for the 3rd goal.
Alberto P on 10:43 - Apr 3 with 4255 viewsjack247

Alberto P on 10:39 - Apr 3 by Starsky

The trouble is, for me, it only works when we change tactics away from it.
As at 60 minutes yesterday. Somebody help me see this please FFS.

Yesterday yes. Stoke would have won easily if we hadn't changed tactics. We had picked up 3 wins from the previous 4 games playing ugly though.
Alberto P on 11:02 - Apr 3 with 4175 viewsicecoldjack

I thought we were decent enough with the ball first half it was just that our defending was sloppy,i include our covering midfield in that too.

In fairness,Bojan is a world class player and exploited the space superbly.

We arnt looking fluid with our football but its been that way for nigh on 2 yrs,we still show patches of good stuff but i think FG is tempering change with practicality at the moment.

Im happy to see the boys dig in knowing things aint perfect,it shows the likes of routs,rangel,britton,cork,siggy etc will play for the shirt and give 100% when needed.

Most of our team haven't hidden when the going has gotten tough,considering they are nice technical players they have done the ugly stuff well IMO. They wern't getting bullied yesterday and that softened the blow of us not playing swanselona football for me.

Lets get to 40 pts then see how we set up, i have a feeling FG has a few more strings to his bow that we havent seen yet.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 11:07]
Alberto P on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 4156 viewsicecoldjack

Spot on comment.

Routs is also clever enough to do it,proper footballers football player.
Alberto P on 11:08 - Apr 3 with 4144 viewsPrivate_Partz

Alberto P on 09:59 - Apr 3 by jack247

It has worked though. We don't have a solid defence, so we have protected them at the expense of flair. I'd imagine that would change if Guidollin was able to bring in the defenders he wanted. Should change anyway now as we are able to experiment a bit with the pressure off.

Spot on. I can't understand the criticism of FG when he has done exactly what he said he was going to do. I.e not change the system as there was not enough time. Had we stood toe to toe with these sides as Monk was trying to do then the slide downwards could have easily continued.
Once we get another three points, or are mathematically safe, I reckon we will see some experimentation.
With relegation now seeming very unlikely I would like to see Modo and Jeff start against Chelsea but I can understand the professionals still wanting to make safety a certainty first.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Alberto P on 11:24 - Apr 3 with 4063 viewsjack_lord

Alberto P on 11:02 - Apr 3 by icecoldjack

I thought we were decent enough with the ball first half it was just that our defending was sloppy,i include our covering midfield in that too.

In fairness,Bojan is a world class player and exploited the space superbly.

We arnt looking fluid with our football but its been that way for nigh on 2 yrs,we still show patches of good stuff but i think FG is tempering change with practicality at the moment.

Im happy to see the boys dig in knowing things aint perfect,it shows the likes of routs,rangel,britton,cork,siggy etc will play for the shirt and give 100% when needed.

Most of our team haven't hidden when the going has gotten tough,considering they are nice technical players they have done the ugly stuff well IMO. They wern't getting bullied yesterday and that softened the blow of us not playing swanselona football for me.

Lets get to 40 pts then see how we set up, i have a feeling FG has a few more strings to his bow that we havent seen yet.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 11:07]

The comment about not being bullied is right. Funny, in an ironic sense, that some of the Stoke fans on the Oatcake site were saying that we are the dirtiest side they had seen and that the ref was awful letting us get away with murder.

From Stoke Fans.......

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Alberto P on 11:24 - Apr 3 with 4061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alberto P on 09:58 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

The difference between Pablo and Jeff is that the former could glance up and instantly see where all his own players were. I don't think Montero sees quite the same picture, so chips it into an area and hopes for the best.

I'd love to take Pablo on loan next season from Al Arabi. He's played 19 games out of 31 for Vallecano on loan this year so I'm not sure about any injury problems but his vision is his best asset.

I would just tell him "no need to run your legs off or tackle or even track back. Just have the centre circle as your own private patch , take the ball of the DM and spray it around for our wing backs* and two* strikers to cause maximum damage".

*This may very well work in a 3-5-2 with Fer protecting him and imagine having Siggy in front of him too. Pure football maaaaaaaaaaaaaaann

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Alberto P on 11:25 - Apr 3 with 4055 viewsDafyddHuw

On Alberto. It's a huge ask for someone to come from a foreign country, different footballing culture, social and emotional life disrupted, and expect them to hit the ground running. It usually takes players at least 1/2 a season to adapt - remember Wilf?
So I think the boy done very very good.
Would love to have him here next season as a backup striker. And as someone's already said, you've gotta have an Albert at your club - proper name.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 11:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024