Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Support a local International. 14:26 - Apr 13 with 2105 viewsBirchy915

As you know the Lacrosse club share their pitches with Dale as a training facility, one of their players has been selected to represent England in the coming European Championships.
Below is a press release for anyone who is interested to share or if you would like to make a small donation.
Glenn is a top lad and known for having one of the hardest shots in England (which I have learnt to my detriment), the Reg Jenkins of the England Lacrosse team!

Local Lad’s Fund Their Way to Gold!
The England football team will not be the only English team in with a chance of European silverware this summer. The England Men’s National Lacrosse Team will travel to Budapest, Hungary this summer to compete in the 2016 ELF European Lacrosse Championships. Unlike their football counterparts England’s lacrosse team are the reining European champions and are favourites to lift the coveted trophy again, despite facing still competition from 24 other nations. The team has strong connections with Greater Manchester with 16 of the 28-man roster hailing from the area. Glenn Humphreys from Rochdale Lacrosse Club is one of those players. Glenn will be representing the area in England’s title defence this summer. Glenn who hails from Bamford has been playing lacrosse since the age of 6 and still plays at his local club Rochdale. Despite being of the best players in the country Glenn will have to pay over £4000 to represent his country, as the sport of lacrosse receives no financial support. Glenn Comments: “I’ve been fortunate enough to represent England a number of times since 2008. The balance of working a full time job and training like a professional athlete can prove challenging but every time I pull on the England jersey it makes all the hard work and financial investment worthwhile!” The team is currently training hard in preparation for their title defence, with many of the players balancing full time work or studying with being top-level elite athletes. England will begin their title defence against four-time finalists Germany at the Szent István University Stadium on July 28.

England will then play Latvia, the Czech Republic, hosts Hungary and Italy with the final taking place on August 6.

To take the pressure off the talented squads, England Lacrosse has launched supporters clubs to raise much-needed lacrosse funding for the European Championship players. Give them the best chance of victory by supporting England Men’s Lacrosse Team today. https://www.pledgesports.org/projects/england-mens-lacrosse-team-2016-european-l Find out more about Team England by visiting: www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/team-england #TeamEngland

You can also follow Glenn’s progress via Instagram GLENNHUMPHREYS7 and Twitter @GlennHumphreys7

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024