Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage 12:47 - Dec 19 with 8399 viewsTheResurrection

….with 2 massive games coming up. I think we all know how important these games are but unfortunately so will West Ham and Bournemouth who will also know the fans are on the edge of mutiny and despair.

We really need to get behind Bradley and the team for these 2 games — no matter if Bradley stays or goes in the new year we will never get these 2 winnable games back then. We need at least 3 points preferably more.

Into January we need to make big decisions. I feel the courage behind these decisions are as vital as us bringing in the right players for us.

People will hate me [again] for this but for me Siggy should go. His heart has gone and so has his performances. He feels he’s too good for us now — which is probably the case — but we don’t need that sort of prima donna in the ranks when we are where we are. His 2 mistakes for the opener at Boro have been brushed under the carpet on this site and that itself is wrong. I can’t remember an assist from him from open play all season or a cutting edge cross or through ball. I maybe wrong there but I’m sure even the blindest of his fans would agree he’s been lacking from open play.

- Siggy to go - £25m
- Taylor also £5m
- Ki £10m
- Montero £8m
- Llorente or Baston will either need shipping out or shaping up — Llorente is at best an impact player as I’ve not seen an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter

I think we can raise upwards of £40m and we need to be brave enough to go for these sales but make absolutely sure we give this Premier League one last fight.

We need:-

- At least 1 full back
- A centre half
- A dog in midfield
- A winger or 2
- A striker

This is the scale of our task and has been Bradley’s plight. It’s this much change that’s needed and 4 months overdue. If the Americans are serious about keeping us up or at least not going down without a fight they can chip in another £20/£30m on top of these sales to give us that survival warchest.

The Yanks are business people but shrewd ones at that, so I’d hope they have seen through Jenkins and his useless attempt at playing football God and at least consult a real professional Director of Football type, or even better bring one in.

These decisions should have been going on for at least the last 2 months now and I’ve been banging on to the Trust about this as they should have been in Pearlman’s ear the whole time.

There is so much still to play for!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:11 - Dec 19 with 3822 viewsperchrockjack

Disagree,Chris.
He s pretty much shot of confidence and looking around at his midfield wusses its not hard to see.
Siggy needs help.
THE CLUB /TEAM clearly rely on him to do virtually everything; this when the ambling alp that is LLorente is strolling around pitifully pining about his former glory days.
Baston could really be our biggest disaster as he s being destroyed by the rest of the team and tactics. Clear parallels with Paloschi who was hungry ,quick and quite brave.

If you haver the likes of taylor, a craven piece of shite, amat a joke defender, Fernandez who s been found out as a charlatan, an ageing Rangel and his replacement Naughton whos actually not seen as good enough to replace RANGEL, you can see why.

We have the utterly anonymous Cork. Just what is he about. Cant pass ,tackle, shoot ,cross,motivate and blown away physically. Don't we have a Gym ?

I reckon I could take out Cork with three body shots even at my age with arthritis in both wrists.
Fer s a goal scorer, yet he s not picked. Why? He s lazy... well that s a job for manager to sort out as it would be in any job.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, off to Bradford tomorrow for our anniversary. Summat to enjoy. Watch my back Chrissy as I wont be posting for a few days

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:13 - Dec 19 with 3804 viewsDafyddHuw

Roma and AC Milan are after him apparently. £25M.

He kept us up last season. I hope he goes. He's far too good for this bunch of jokers to handle.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 13:18]
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:15 - Dec 19 with 3805 viewsSwanjaxs

15 million for Taylor and Ki.... yea rite o 😁

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:16 - Dec 19 with 3792 viewsShonky

Whilst I agree that Leon has been poor this season, I disagree that a canine would do better.

Its just a ride...

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:19 - Dec 19 with 3763 viewsNeathJack

Siggy and Montero have very recently signed new contracts. To sell them now without them handing in a transfer request would mean they would each be entitled to the full signing on/loyalty payments due for the entire length of their contract.

This would eat significantly into those figures you've thrown about there. Also to sell Siggy in my humble opinion would be a disaster. Not only for the signal it sends out but the fact, while he along with everyone else has struggled away from home, he has been completely instrumental in the two wins recently at home.

Without his input in those 2 games we would have probably got 1 point and now be cut adrift.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:21 - Dec 19 with 3754 viewsPegojack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:15 - Dec 19 by Swanjaxs

Aye that's £14,999,995 for Ki to some Chinese club with more money than sense, and a special offer of Taylor to go with him for a fiver.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:23 - Dec 19 with 3738 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:15 - Dec 19 by Swanjaxs

£5m is standard fair in the EPL and China are in for Ki (I pray)

Richie — will do. Have a good un in Bradford (Bradford?? You romantic old sod ;-)
Siggy’s given up the ghost and whilst he is a great pro I think he’s not what we need right now and perhaps the only player where we could get that serious warchest from in order to perform the rebuilding we desperately need.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:25 - Dec 19 with 3719 viewscrix

if we managed to get those figures you quoted plus the hypothetical 30m from the americans we will have 75m to spend, yeah ok. I think it will be more likely 7.5m we will be spending if we are lucky.
Login to get fewer ads

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:25 - Dec 19 with 3711 viewsLegend83

Naivety at best, insanity at worst.

Surely the lower risk action is to do pretty much what we did last season and bring in a manager who, with a couple of additions, can drag this bucket of piss to safety?

You are assuming that having ripped up the current squad and brought in all these quality replacements that they will instantly gel as a team.

Also, who is going to identify all these replacements? Bradley? Williams? Huw Bloody Jenkins?

Major change needs to occur, but when we are standing on the precipice is not the time to do it - mainly because you'll end up saddling a relegated club with debt and cash flow issues.

Get a coaching team in who can get more than the sum of the parts out of the squad (you know, like that Italian bloke and his mates who did just that last season), scrape safety, then make huge changes.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 13:27]
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:31 - Dec 19 with 3658 viewsShonky

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:25 - Dec 19 by crix

if we managed to get those figures you quoted plus the hypothetical 30m from the americans we will have 75m to spend, yeah ok. I think it will be more likely 7.5m we will be spending if we are lucky.

After a -£20M net spend in the summer when relegation wasn't looming large, what makes you think anything will be different this window?

Its just a ride...

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:36 - Dec 19 with 3625 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:25 - Dec 19 by Legend83

Naivety at best, insanity at worst.

Surely the lower risk action is to do pretty much what we did last season and bring in a manager who, with a couple of additions, can drag this bucket of piss to safety?

You are assuming that having ripped up the current squad and brought in all these quality replacements that they will instantly gel as a team.

Also, who is going to identify all these replacements? Bradley? Williams? Huw Bloody Jenkins?

Major change needs to occur, but when we are standing on the precipice is not the time to do it - mainly because you'll end up saddling a relegated club with debt and cash flow issues.

Get a coaching team in who can get more than the sum of the parts out of the squad (you know, like that Italian bloke and his mates who did just that last season), scrape safety, then make huge changes.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 13:27]

Naivety is thinking any manager can get a tune out of oyr current crop minus Aywe and Williams

And by selling Siggy we'd be getting rid of our highest earner and for a belter of a January price as opposed to a Championship August price.

NeathJack - If teams come in for Siggy and Montero, then with their 4 year contracts and no doubt release triggers we'd get top whack for them, not the other way around? WTF are you on about? I'm not on about transfer listing them, just making sure they're involved in negotiations with suitors.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:37 - Dec 19 with 3614 viewspencoedjack

My car is running if anyone will pay 5 million for Neil Taylor
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:37 - Dec 19 with 3615 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Selling our best player in January would be suicidal .

It's a big no from me.

And there's no reason apart from the obvious .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:40 - Dec 19 with 3593 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:37 - Dec 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Selling our best player in January would be suicidal .

It's a big no from me.

And there's no reason apart from the obvious .

There’s every reason — read the above! Plus he’s been woeful and his attitude stinks presently

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:41 - Dec 19 with 3589 viewsGriffting

If oscar is off to China for 60 million I'd like to see us get a third of that kind of money for Ki (providing he goes to China of course).
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:46 - Dec 19 with 3550 viewsNeathJack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:36 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Naivety is thinking any manager can get a tune out of oyr current crop minus Aywe and Williams

And by selling Siggy we'd be getting rid of our highest earner and for a belter of a January price as opposed to a Championship August price.

NeathJack - If teams come in for Siggy and Montero, then with their 4 year contracts and no doubt release triggers we'd get top whack for them, not the other way around? WTF are you on about? I'm not on about transfer listing them, just making sure they're involved in negotiations with suitors.

Who said anything about transfer listing them?

If teams see that we are looking to sell them one thing you won't get is "top whack" for them and they would still be entitled to the full loyalty payment due to them for the full length of their contract which no doubt is millions.

What we need is a couple of additions of experienced players in key positions and a manager capable of getting a tune out of them, other than the last post which is all Clueless Bob has been able to get, away from home at least.

There is still a surplus from the summer's transfer dealings and the massive new TV deal money that hasn't been spent on the team. I think questions need to be asked where this money is before we look to sell off any more assets with the cash seemingly going into a black hole.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:47 - Dec 19 with 3538 viewsSwanjaxs

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:41 - Dec 19 by Griffting

If oscar is off to China for 60 million I'd like to see us get a third of that kind of money for Ki (providing he goes to China of course).

A third!!! 20 million for Ki!!!! I almost dropped my cup of tea then! Perhaps we could sell Taylor to the Chinese for 15 million too 😂😂😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:48 - Dec 19 with 3528 viewsLegend83

Quite frankly I would expect the likes of Mansfield Town to laugh at us if we tried to whore Taylor to them.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:49 - Dec 19 with 3514 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:46 - Dec 19 by NeathJack

Who said anything about transfer listing them?

If teams see that we are looking to sell them one thing you won't get is "top whack" for them and they would still be entitled to the full loyalty payment due to them for the full length of their contract which no doubt is millions.

What we need is a couple of additions of experienced players in key positions and a manager capable of getting a tune out of them, other than the last post which is all Clueless Bob has been able to get, away from home at least.

There is still a surplus from the summer's transfer dealings and the massive new TV deal money that hasn't been spent on the team. I think questions need to be asked where this money is before we look to sell off any more assets with the cash seemingly going into a black hole.

Why do we need to be “looking as if we are wanting to sell them” — I think it’s pretty obvious Siggy will get an offer, then that will cost us nothing and we’ll gain substantially. Offers may not be as forthcoming for Montero but I live in hope. I’d like to think his new contract has kept our interests well at heart as I’m pretty sure even Jenkins has realised long ago he’s not worth the hassle. £5m upwards he should go!!

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:51 - Dec 19 with 3503 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:40 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

There’s every reason — read the above! Plus he’s been woeful and his attitude stinks presently

He's Been best of bad bunch ,bad attitude , where you get that from ?
dragged us from the dead against palace involved in 4 goals ,MOM against Sunderland , runs his balls off every game ,seriously you want to sell our key player and get these players in .

Who are theses players who are going to replace him ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:53 - Dec 19 with 3489 viewsswanaway

Are we really only 3 points worse off than last season? That home defeat by Hull is still the difference then.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:04 - Dec 19 with 3437 viewsmonmouth

I can't really see beyond the next two games at the moment, and we have what we have for those in terms of player resources. Whether they go well or badly might well decide american transfer strategy in any case.

Whatever happens, to stand any realistic chance in the second half of the season, we need to shore up that bloody defensive capability. The best way to do that will be a real test of the decision makers (whoever they are these days).......for me, it's three or even four new players (full backs, centre back, defensive midfield) and someone somewhere on the (coaching or playing) team that can effectively lead and organise a defence.

If selling Sigurdsson is the price of getting somewhere with that little lot then so be it. Actually I think Siggy wants out now anyway, I'd say his body language for a while has indicated that even when he has put the physical effort in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:06 - Dec 19 with 3424 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:51 - Dec 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's Been best of bad bunch ,bad attitude , where you get that from ?
dragged us from the dead against palace involved in 4 goals ,MOM against Sunderland , runs his balls off every game ,seriously you want to sell our key player and get these players in .

Who are theses players who are going to replace him ?

MOM v Sunderland? I thought that was Leon. I’m not saying he needs to go as he’s a bad player — I just think we need a different type of player and his attitude is getting worse. Have you seen the replays of Boro’s first goal? The 2 mistakes there were a hundred times worse than Amat’s lazy trip in the box, even, but no one has slagged the little side darling off. He’s great technically but he is slow, he can’t go past a player in this league and can’t get stuck in or tackle. His set pieces we’d miss hugely but very little else.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:07 - Dec 19 with 3419 viewsNeathJack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:49 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Why do we need to be “looking as if we are wanting to sell them” — I think it’s pretty obvious Siggy will get an offer, then that will cost us nothing and we’ll gain substantially. Offers may not be as forthcoming for Montero but I live in hope. I’d like to think his new contract has kept our interests well at heart as I’m pretty sure even Jenkins has realised long ago he’s not worth the hassle. £5m upwards he should go!!

If we accept an offer for anyone who has not requested a transfer, we still have to pay their loyalty payments so to say "I think it’s pretty obvious Siggy will get an offer, then that will cost us nothing..." is plainly wrong.

It would cost us millions in terms of his remaining payments. Same with Montero.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:11 - Dec 19 with 3391 viewsOldjack

think we can raise upwards of £40m and we need to be brave enough to go for these sales but make absolutely sure we give this Premier League one last fight.
ffs we shouldn't have to raise fuk all , and having to sell one of our jewels is a really bad move .
There's investment to come ,Huw said

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024