Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs at home 19:26 - Jan 29 with 10512 views442Dale

If we win/play.

Harry Kane misses world cup after getting injured...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spurs at home on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 5887 viewsdingdangblue

Eric Dier on a Dire pitch.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spurs at home on 19:30 - Jan 29 with 5817 viewsRotherhamDale

"Harry Kane out of the world cup as chin gets stuck in Spotland pitch"

Possession with progression.

Spurs at home on 19:30 - Jan 29 with 5777 viewsJimmyRustler

The state of the pitch has left me unenthused about the prospect tbh. You know it's bad when you're praying for an away draw on that basis alone.
Spurs at home on 19:31 - Jan 29 with 5751 viewsRAFCBLUE

If we did beat Millwall, could we switch it?

Our pitch is a state, we'd get a better payday at Wembley and a day out.

You could probably put free coaches on for all our supporters out of the proceeds; thousands of Spurs fans at Wembley on cheap tickets. Use it as THE opportunity to promote the club to the town and give everyone an impetus for coming next season.

That said - Millwall will probably beat us in the replay but it's nice to dream.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Spurs at home on 19:31 - Jan 29 with 5744 views442Dale

Kieran Trippiers over all the lumps of sand.

In all seriousness, this draw should now see action. Proper action. Take a gamble and replace the pitch now. If we win next week it pays for itself, if we don't at least we've got a surface that will give us a chance in the league.

Spurs at home on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 5709 viewssweetcorn

The time we finally get a dream draw is when we’re not fully in the next round. Typical

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Spurs at home on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 5703 viewsD_Dale

A draw that will mean Millwall bring their strongest team to play Dale.
Spurs at home on 19:33 - Jan 29 with 5663 viewsScunnydale

Spurs at home on 19:32 - Jan 29 by D_Dale

A draw that will mean Millwall bring their strongest team to play Dale.

Exactly. I get the feeling Millwall will want to get Spurs to the Den (no offence to Newport)
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs at home on 19:33 - Jan 29 with 5660 views442Dale

Spurs at home on 19:30 - Jan 29 by JimmyRustler

The state of the pitch has left me unenthused about the prospect tbh. You know it's bad when you're praying for an away draw on that basis alone.

Very good point.

The whole thing is bloody depressing, reading the update from the club today made that worse.

I cannot believe they think that looking to switch games is a viable alternative to actually replacing the pitch. It's 2018 and a professional club is talking about playing their home games elsewhere.

Spurs at home on 19:36 - Jan 29 with 5586 views49thseason

Tottenham on our midden would be a complete lottery, they wouldnt fancy it at all, in fact we should offer them an insurance policy and tell them that for £200K we can make it a decent surface just in case we beat Millwall and on the off chance they can see off Newport. Anything to put a few doubts in their minds.
Spurs at home on 19:36 - Jan 29 with 5575 viewsfrenzied

Haven’t Spurs already thumped Millwall in the other cup comp this season already?

Also I’d imagine Spurs would be back in Champions league fixtures around this time also...may rest a few players?

Sorry my error..it was last season 6 nil,,,,fa cup quarter final
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 19:44]
Spurs at home on 19:36 - Jan 29 with 5572 viewsNigeriamark

Spurs at home on 19:31 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

Kieran Trippiers over all the lumps of sand.

In all seriousness, this draw should now see action. Proper action. Take a gamble and replace the pitch now. If we win next week it pays for itself, if we don't at least we've got a surface that will give us a chance in the league.

A brilliant draw if we beat Millwall & for me the Millwall replay takes priority over any league game either side of the replay

If Spurs win high likelihood of televised game & small chance of a draw if we play on our current pitch
If Newport win a reasonable chance of progression to the quarter final

Will be gutted if we lose to Millwall even if they are probably favourites - they will be well up for a Spurs tie
Spurs at home on 19:37 - Jan 29 with 5542 viewssweetcorn

Spurs at home on 19:33 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

Very good point.

The whole thing is bloody depressing, reading the update from the club today made that worse.

I cannot believe they think that looking to switch games is a viable alternative to actually replacing the pitch. It's 2018 and a professional club is talking about playing their home games elsewhere.

The pitch was shite when they relay it last season, i dont think thats the answers.. honestly whats fc uniteds pitch looking like? I’d rather ask to use their ground until the end of the seasom if it’s available and in good nick

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Spurs at home on 19:41 - Jan 29 with 5463 viewsClivert

Spurs at home on 19:33 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

Very good point.

If we beat Millwall then everything has to be done to get the pitch at Spotland (not anywhere else) fit and proper, it would be the most high profile game ever to be played at Spotland (assuming Spurs also win).
Spurs at home on 19:43 - Jan 29 with 5429 viewsClivert

Spurs at home on 19:41 - Jan 29 by Clivert

If we beat Millwall then everything has to be done to get the pitch at Spotland (not anywhere else) fit and proper, it would be the most high profile game ever to be played at Spotland (assuming Spurs also win).

.........and also everything has to be done that get the replay on at Spotland! We’re gonna need every advantage we can get against what will be Millwall’s strongest XI.
Spurs at home on 19:43 - Jan 29 with 5421 views442Dale

Spurs at home on 19:37 - Jan 29 by sweetcorn

The pitch was shite when they relay it last season, i dont think thats the answers.. honestly whats fc uniteds pitch looking like? I’d rather ask to use their ground until the end of the seasom if it’s available and in good nick

It wasn't great for the first game, but after that it was fine for the rest of the season.

It is infinitely better than trying to put a sticking plaster on a compound fracture.

Spurs at home on 19:47 - Jan 29 with 5314 viewsdingdangblue

But for late goals at the weekend we could have had the mouthwatering prospect of Rochdale v Newport for a place in the FA Cup Quarter Finals!

Can only see this being Millwall v Spurs : you very rarely get a 2nd chance at an upset. ☹️

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spurs at home on 19:54 - Jan 29 with 5207 viewsBobbyjoe

Tottenham at Spotland? Now, that is such stuff as dreams are made on. Glory, Glory Hallelujah!
Spurs at home on 19:54 - Jan 29 with 5190 viewsonedalefan

Spurs at home on 19:31 - Jan 29 by RAFCBLUE

If we did beat Millwall, could we switch it?

Our pitch is a state, we'd get a better payday at Wembley and a day out.

You could probably put free coaches on for all our supporters out of the proceeds; thousands of Spurs fans at Wembley on cheap tickets. Use it as THE opportunity to promote the club to the town and give everyone an impetus for coming next season.

That said - Millwall will probably beat us in the replay but it's nice to dream.

Think rules prevent switching grounds except for safety reasons. Don't think a poor pitch qualifies.
Spurs at home on 19:57 - Jan 29 with 5134 viewschalkyncfc

Rochdale v Spurs has TV coverage written all over it
Spurs at home on 20:00 - Jan 29 with 5093 viewsClivert

Spurs at home on 19:57 - Jan 29 by chalkyncfc

Rochdale v Spurs has TV coverage written all over it

As would Millwall Vs Spurs.

I’d imagine whatever the outcome of the replays this tie will be a TV game.
Spurs at home on 20:00 - Jan 29 with 5070 viewsnordenblue

Spurs at home on 19:54 - Jan 29 by onedalefan

Think rules prevent switching grounds except for safety reasons. Don't think a poor pitch qualifies.

It definitely qualifies as dangerous....
Spurs at home on 20:02 - Jan 29 with 5046 viewsAtThePeake

OH SWEET JESUS PLEASE

Tangled up in blue.

Spurs at home on 20:05 - Jan 29 with 5010 viewsRAFCBLUE

Spurs at home on 19:54 - Jan 29 by onedalefan

"The venue of each match (save for the Semi-Finals or Final which will be played at venues selected by the Professional Game Board) will be that of the first named Club.

Subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and 9(a)(iii) such match shall be played on that ground unless the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any change of venue. In the case of a replay, subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and 9(a)(iii), the match shall be played on the ground of the second drawn Club, unless the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any change of venue."

It's possible but complicated and the Professional Game Board has to authorise it.

In that case, it reads like we don't play at Wembley but another suitable ground. I assume as Marine did in the year that they used Anfield for our tie when they were drawn at home.

Still worth considering the possibility even though as others say, Millwall are nailed on to play their first team now.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Spurs at home on 20:08 - Jan 29 with 4949 viewsTVOS1907

Spurs at home on 19:36 - Jan 29 by frenzied

Haven’t Spurs already thumped Millwall in the other cup comp this season already?

Also I’d imagine Spurs would be back in Champions league fixtures around this time also...may rest a few players?

Sorry my error..it was last season 6 nil,,,,fa cup quarter final
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 19:44]

Spurs could be visiting Juventus and Spotland in the space of a week...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024