Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
writing a will 20:55 - May 27 with 2276 viewscackinthesackjack

I'm knocking on a bit now. ...

Probs should write a will.

Anyone done it recently who could offer advice? Where? how much? is it straightforward?

TIA

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

writing a will on 21:32 - May 27 with 2231 viewsdickythorpe

You can do them online now but you'd need to research carefully.
Any local solicitors would be my port of call.
Ring up for a quote.
writing a will on 03:49 - May 28 with 2120 viewsCooperman

I agree with Dicky.

Don’t mess about with these things. You won’t be around to sort out any mess left from a complIcated estate and this has the potential to rip families apart.

Do it properly via a solicitors and if your circumstances change then go back and update the will accordingly.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

writing a will on 07:38 - May 28 with 2067 viewsPegojack

About once a year, various solicitors do free wills in exchange for a modest donation in your will to a specific charity from a list of options. There's usually a couple who offer it in every town. I had one done in Hereford, very good and straightforward. Check it out on tinternet.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 7:39]
writing a will on 09:30 - May 28 with 2010 viewsAlfieMooresSon

writing a will on 07:38 - May 28 by Pegojack

About once a year, various solicitors do free wills in exchange for a modest donation in your will to a specific charity from a list of options. There's usually a couple who offer it in every town. I had one done in Hereford, very good and straightforward. Check it out on tinternet.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 7:39]

I was going to say this, here you go have a read through here, you could do it locally with your Solicitor and leave a donation, it doesn't have to be more than the normal cost say £50 to £100, because you'll be gone it could be a lot more if your feeling generous?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/free-cheap-wills/
[Post edited 28 May 2019 10:22]
writing a will on 10:08 - May 28 with 1990 viewswaynekerr55

writing a will on 21:32 - May 27 by dickythorpe

You can do them online now but you'd need to research carefully.
Any local solicitors would be my port of call.
Ring up for a quote.

This.

We've a quote from the sols who did the conveyancing for us, it was £150 for a firm based in Berkhamstead. I imagine it may be slightly cheaper in Swansea/South Wales as they have lower costs.

Even if it were £150, it's not worth the risk as Dicky says

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

writing a will on 10:22 - May 28 with 1972 viewstheloneranger

If you're a union member, some unions do a free straightforward will service through their solicitors, or if it's a complicated will @ a discounted price.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

writing a will on 11:04 - May 28 with 1958 viewslatchford

writing a will on 10:22 - May 28 by theloneranger

If you're a union member, some unions do a free straightforward will service through their solicitors, or if it's a complicated will @ a discounted price.

My firm DWHarris does a free Wills month twice a year if you are happy to wait until the next which I believe is in October. DM me and I can provide details
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024