Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who does Steve Cook Replace? 15:00 - Dec 29 with 33760 viewsHastings_Hoops

I would imagine that Steve Cook will be joining us on the assumption of first team football - in which case, who does he replace (style of play / positioning) - I must admit to being a bit ignorant on that one.

Also, I assume that this indicates that:

1) Dickie and / or Barbet will definitely be gone by next season.
Or
2) we’re planning ahead and assuming Cook’s experience could be a great help to Dickie and Dunne in settling into the prem.

…most likely hedging our bets each way.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 08:29 - Dec 30 with 4068 viewsstevec

Wage packet or not, De Wijs breaks down on such a regular basis you can hardly include him as a squad member let alone first team pick.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 09:25 - Dec 30 with 3967 viewsCiderwithRsie

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 01:36 - Dec 30 by Boston

Dunne, is the one who could earn us a ton.

Is that going to be his new song?
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:22 - Dec 30 with 3830 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 08:29 - Dec 30 by stevec

Wage packet or not, De Wijs breaks down on such a regular basis you can hardly include him as a squad member let alone first team pick.

I think we need to revaluate our transfer policy of signing crocks on the cheap - it isn't working and we should be scouting lower division prospects who might actually be able to play the majority of matches. Yes, we have got better at identifying the likes of Willock but how long has it taken us to find a couple of fit, young wing backs? Several years and counting.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 21:52 - Dec 30 with 3643 viewsStreathamRanger

He certainly doesn't replace Barbet after tonights performance. If we get a big offer for Dickie I think we'd be mad not to take it especially if we've got Cook lined up. Dickie currently the least on form of our back 3. Cost Dunne a booking today and control and passing not up to his usual high standards. I wonder if specualtion has got to his head a bit.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:11 - Dec 30 with 3596 viewsStainrod

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 21:52 - Dec 30 by StreathamRanger

He certainly doesn't replace Barbet after tonights performance. If we get a big offer for Dickie I think we'd be mad not to take it especially if we've got Cook lined up. Dickie currently the least on form of our back 3. Cost Dunne a booking today and control and passing not up to his usual high standards. I wonder if specualtion has got to his head a bit.

Totally agree. The negative remarks about Barbet really surprised me and you saw what the goal and the celebration with the fans means to him. Not many central defenders in the Championship with his ability on the ball.

£15m for Dickie and Cook on a free. Not sure that would be the worst bit of business.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:14 - Dec 30 with 3579 viewsenfieldargh

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:11 - Dec 30 by Stainrod

Totally agree. The negative remarks about Barbet really surprised me and you saw what the goal and the celebration with the fans means to him. Not many central defenders in the Championship with his ability on the ball.

£15m for Dickie and Cook on a free. Not sure that would be the worst bit of business.

Think Oxford Utd get a big percentage sell on fee

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:50 - Dec 30 with 3517 viewsQPROslo

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:14 - Dec 30 by enfieldargh

Think Oxford Utd get a big percentage sell on fee

On tonight's game Dunne, poor on the deck and his clearances went to the ones in Red. Og too, though its credited to the Bristol player. Dickie not much better.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:36 - Dec 31 with 3344 viewsLazyFan

It is either to replace Barbet at the end of the season or we expect a bid for Dickie (who stats-wise looks good).

I would prefer we keep Barbs, he's solid and only has 1 bad game in 10. Can get the occasional goal (don't know how he does that but he does) as well.

Also, wages cannot be that massive as we got him when he had no club. Great signing by Warbs that.

I suspect we shall see Ball and Kakay being sold in the summer. We won't get much for them but we shall get something and that will be seen as something.

BTW: I noticed Niko did not even make the subs bench and he's back from playing with Galacticos in LA so should be match fit.
Maybe someone can ask Warbs why he was not selected. but I suspect they wanna loan him or sell him in this window to fund Cook.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:40 - Dec 31 with 3334 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:50 - Dec 30 by QPROslo

On tonight's game Dunne, poor on the deck and his clearances went to the ones in Red. Og too, though its credited to the Bristol player. Dickie not much better.

Crikey that's harsh.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:02 - Dec 31 with 3164 viewsHastings_Hoops

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:40 - Dec 31 by Northernr

Crikey that's harsh.

Bizarre…

we’re 7th in the league with game(s) in hand. We’re potentially turning a profit this year if we either go up or stay down and elect to sell one or two assets (earlier post was spot on - sell Dickie for £15m and replace with Cook)…

yet we’re still hell bent on negativity.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:19 - Dec 31 with 3078 viewsMick_S

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:02 - Dec 31 by Hastings_Hoops

Bizarre…

we’re 7th in the league with game(s) in hand. We’re potentially turning a profit this year if we either go up or stay down and elect to sell one or two assets (earlier post was spot on - sell Dickie for £15m and replace with Cook)…

yet we’re still hell bent on negativity.

Some are, it’s bonkers. This is the best time to follow our nutty smallish club for yonks. I missed the game last night, caught up today, and we win in the 93rd minute. The photos and videos out there are fantastic - We are doing better than ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:09 - Dec 31 with 2968 viewsNW5Hoop

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:22 - Dec 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

I think we need to revaluate our transfer policy of signing crocks on the cheap - it isn't working and we should be scouting lower division prospects who might actually be able to play the majority of matches. Yes, we have got better at identifying the likes of Willock but how long has it taken us to find a couple of fit, young wing backs? Several years and counting.

How many good, fit young wing backs, within our price range are there on the market? I'm sure we could get people who could run up and down the wings, but would they be able to pass, cross, tackle and take the right positions, too? Would they be better than what we have, no matter how unsatisfied you are with what we do have? There's a reason we buy who we do. We can't afford to buy certainties. Even getting PL wing backs on loan would cause problems with the wage contribution we'd have to make, and any loan fee on top of that.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:11 - Dec 31 with 2963 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:22 - Dec 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'm hearing a lot of this "isn't working" chat at the moment. Am I looking at a different league table to everybody else?
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 21:14 - Dec 31 with 2795 viewsQPROslo

Crikey that's harsh.

Harsh? I posted earlier on this thread that Warburton has been quoted as saying he thinks we are light at CB with De Wyjs injured a lot and wants experienced cover, and to keep Masterson on loan where he's getting beneficial experience. Repeated it all in more detail again today. I agree we are light at CB, and don't think Cook will be replacing anyone in particular if he does come. He'll no doubt get games when we have injuries, suspensions or when someone needs a rest or loses form. Back-up, maybe more if he plays really well. Posters were discussing who he'd replace based on yesterdays game and I chose Dunne as he, as many others due Covid, injury or lack of games, wasn't at his best yesterday. Doesn't mean he's not been playing well there before, he has. Dickie and Willock similar yesterrday, both also a way off the form they have shown most of the season. Wallace too, but then he's coming back from a long injury break.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:26 - Dec 31 with 2708 viewsHunterhoop

Crikey that's harsh.

Hugely harsh. I thought Dunne was our best defender. Mopped up for Dickie twice and took a booking from a bad pass by Dickie. He was also charged with going up man for man with their centre forward, who, to my eye, looked good.

Barbet’s passing was back, and the goal, but still got caught under one long punt for the “penalty” appeal.

Dickie made the most errors by some way.

I’m in a significant minority in that I think De Wijs is the best actually defender of the lot - the one forward would least like to play against as he’s strong and quicker than he looks - but he is the worst ball player.

But whatever your view, we have 4 very good centre halves for this level, potentially 5 come the end of Jan. This is a good thing!
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:18 - Jan 1 with 2477 viewsbosh67

It looks like this is going to happen. With De Wijs away somewhere writing his book on the life and career of Matthew Rose, Dickie possibly going to West Ham and Barbet possibly returning to France it could be a shrewd move to bring Cook in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:25 - Jan 1 with 2457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

WLS Update.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-complete-signing-of-defender-cook

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:37 - Jan 1 with 2435 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:11 - Dec 31 by Northernr

I'm hearing a lot of this "isn't working" chat at the moment. Am I looking at a different league table to everybody else?

We're doing okay - in the running for the play-offs for the first time since we were relegated, in what is a pretty poor league. We've lost the same number of games as Derby.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:39 - Jan 1 with 2431 viewsBostonR

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:11 - Dec 31 by Northernr

It’s January and we are thereabouts - it’s a brilliant effort by the club given some of the budgets we are competing against. Individual players will have a dip in form, might be playing with an injury or the team just doesn’t click on a given day.
I thought the back three did well against Bournemouth, had a shaky 15 mins at Bristol and then one of them wins the game. We know Dickie is a fine player and will eventually move on but Dunne is a fecking monster and we have needed a player like him for sometime. Barbet will be a huge miss but given how well the club finds replacements I am confident we will fill that slot.
It’s brilliant fun watching this team - they never give up!
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:18 - Jan 1 with 2248 viewsNorthernr

Forest - because of fcking course Forest - seem to think they're close on this as well.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 2175 viewshantssi

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:18 - Jan 1 by Northernr

Forest - because of fcking course Forest - seem to think they're close on this as well.

How on earth have they avoided punishment over P&S I'll never know, I dread to think what their %age of wages to income must be.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:14 - Jan 1 with 2110 viewsdavman

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:26 - Dec 31 by Hunterhoop

Hugely harsh. I thought Dunne was our best defender. Mopped up for Dickie twice and took a booking from a bad pass by Dickie. He was also charged with going up man for man with their centre forward, who, to my eye, looked good.

Barbet’s passing was back, and the goal, but still got caught under one long punt for the “penalty” appeal.

Dickie made the most errors by some way.

I’m in a significant minority in that I think De Wijs is the best actually defender of the lot - the one forward would least like to play against as he’s strong and quicker than he looks - but he is the worst ball player.

But whatever your view, we have 4 very good centre halves for this level, potentially 5 come the end of Jan. This is a good thing!

I think that we look far, far more organised on the rare occasion Jordy gets out on the grass. Dickie / Barbet / Dunne good, but don't seem to communicate quite as well.

All a bit moot though, as he just isn't fit.

Sadly.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:58 - Jan 1 with 2001 viewsBoston

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 09:25 - Dec 30 by CiderwithRsie

Is that going to be his new song?

Dunne, Dunne, the farmer's son,
Saw the ball and away he run,
Fit was he, out to stun
Worth a ton says everyone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:06 - Jan 1 with 1977 viewsBoston

Is it just me, but does Jimmy Dunne look a bit like Jack Charlton?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:07 - Jan 1 with 1975 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:06 - Jan 1 by Boston

Is it just me, but does Jimmy Dunne look a bit like Jack Charlton?

With his shirt on maybe. He took it off at full time and, well, he didn't look like Jack Charlton then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024