Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong... 21:54 - Jul 20 with 10003 viewsconnell10

Wow ....discuss 👏

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong... on 22:01 - Jul 20 with 5361 viewsA40Bosh

Raw!
Strong as an ox and exciting.
Get ball work the keeper and repeat

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Armstrong... on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 5338 viewsDoudou87

Raw talent, I’d like to see who else we bring in this window before making my mind up, heart says keep him in and around first team but the sensible option would be a season loan playing regularly. Eze and Chair benefited massively from this.

Did enjoy his performance, slight erratic style to his play that could confuse and scare a lot of championship defences.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Armstrong... on 22:08 - Jul 20 with 5279 viewsaston_hoop

Loved that, strong, quick, confident, raw as anything but still! Mick Beale said in the interview with Clive that him, Gubbins and Jude-Boyd are staying with the first team for the time being so not expecting a loan before the season starts. Maybe Kelman more likely out

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Armstrong... on 22:10 - Jul 20 with 5240 viewsLanhoop

Keep around. 5 subs this season will allow him to have a good number of sub appearances to get the experience he needs.
Armstrong... on 22:11 - Jul 20 with 5202 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

For those that went:

Upvote for Ray Joneslike 👆
Downvote for Antonio Germanlike 👇
Armstrong... on 22:11 - Jul 20 with 5211 viewsDorse

Armstrong... on 22:01 - Jul 20 by A40Bosh

Raw!
Strong as an ox and exciting.
Get ball work the keeper and repeat

Simple formula but bloody useful. Many strikers have tried to overcomplicate things and been less effective. Sounds like he's got the right idea.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Armstrong... on 22:14 - Jul 20 with 5166 viewsMrSheen

Paul Smyth was a whirlwind on first appearance…
Armstrong... on 22:21 - Jul 20 with 5085 viewseastside_r

Have literally never seen him play including tonight as I have been otherwise engaged.

Picked only once by MW as I recall for a sub in the FA Cup game against Rotherham. He was unused, despite us looking like losing this game to then lower league opponents for a long period in the second half.

As a product of or youth set-up, is it possible that MW did not use him to make a point.

Perhaps this thread is for posters who were massive MW fans, rather than me who was always a sceptic.

Really looking forward to actually seeing this guy play. Hopefully against the Palace on Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong... on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 5066 viewsdmm

It was a performance with great promise but remember the opposition wasn't good. That made him look better than he would against Championship sides.

As mentioned on the match thread, a decent loan out and back to us in January might be a good plan.
Armstrong... on 22:50 - Jul 20 with 4751 viewsenfieldargh

Armstrong... on 22:22 - Jul 20 by dmm

It was a performance with great promise but remember the opposition wasn't good. That made him look better than he would against Championship sides.

As mentioned on the match thread, a decent loan out and back to us in January might be a good plan.

And it was with the 11 who are less likely to start so will be interesting to see how he blends in with the first choice players

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Armstrong... on 23:03 - Jul 20 with 4648 viewsbaz_qpr

Get all the opposition was poor etc etc dont over hype, but my opinion is that it reminded me of the first time I saw Eze play you can just tell he is on another level.

I think, if he stays injury free and has a good head on his shoulders and progresses we get two seasons before he is top flight for big big money. Like watching a young Lukaku. Pace power and a bucket load of skill. Would be a waste to loan him out IMHO, especially as you can see he can play 9 or 10
Armstrong... on 23:07 - Jul 20 with 4614 viewsnumptydumpty

I did not realise he was so tall.

Chip over goalie and overhead kick, unfortunate neither went in !!

Full of intent and certainly frightened their defenders...

Lot of energy and running at defenders

Is he 18

Bench player if no more incoming perhaps

Well done though

Liked the potential
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 23:08]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armstrong... on 23:23 - Jul 20 with 4501 viewsNorthernr

I mean all the usual caveats - age, rawness, don;;t put pressure on him, crap opponent - and I;m not saying he'll make it at all... Leroy Griffiths destroyed Marcel Dessaily at this point one pre season. But it's hard not to feel a little tinge of excitement watching that tonight. We might have something there.
Armstrong... on 23:26 - Jul 20 with 4484 viewswombat

Armstrong... on 23:07 - Jul 20 by numptydumpty

I did not realise he was so tall.

Chip over goalie and overhead kick, unfortunate neither went in !!

Full of intent and certainly frightened their defenders...

Lot of energy and running at defenders

Is he 18

Bench player if no more incoming perhaps

Well done though

Liked the potential
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 23:08]

Third time of seeing in action has bulked up more this season erratic as hell , had three good shots including a overhead kick attempt , would say keep him , we can use 5 subs this season we are fairly light in players at the minute a tight game he could make a real diff as a late sub as so,stokes even he isn’t sure what he’s going to do , get some fitness into him and let him start sat against palace ,

If he is handled right scores a few goals etc he could make the money we got for Eze look like chicken feed , best prospect I’ve seen in years and that included Eze at this age

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Armstrong... on 00:30 - Jul 21 with 4286 viewsnumptydumpty

Armstrong... on 23:26 - Jul 20 by wombat

Third time of seeing in action has bulked up more this season erratic as hell , had three good shots including a overhead kick attempt , would say keep him , we can use 5 subs this season we are fairly light in players at the minute a tight game he could make a real diff as a late sub as so,stokes even he isn’t sure what he’s going to do , get some fitness into him and let him start sat against palace ,

If he is handled right scores a few goals etc he could make the money we got for Eze look like chicken feed , best prospect I’ve seen in years and that included Eze at this age

Easy tiger

But best signing of summer could be extending Sinclairs contract to 2025/

Watch this space but when the crowd is angry and the form slips thats the learning curve.

no one knows yet how this pans out, but keep with the program and we can all dream...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armstrong... on 01:03 - Jul 21 with 4230 viewsDavieQPR

To put the game he played into context Dykes scored a first half hat trick and even Thomas scored.
Armstrong... on 01:04 - Jul 21 with 4226 viewsSydneyRs

He's massive. Definitely raw but real potential there.
Armstrong... on 05:29 - Jul 21 with 4061 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Can’t be coincidence, but on 20 July 1969 Apollo 11 landed and in the early hours of the next day, man first set foot on the moon. Exactly 53 years later we’re all waking up and talking about another Mr. Armstrong.

Let us hope that we’re all looking back on last night as: One small step for the man. One giant leap for our kind!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong... on 05:42 - Jul 21 with 4048 viewsLoftgirl

Armstrong... on 05:29 - Jul 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Can’t be coincidence, but on 20 July 1969 Apollo 11 landed and in the early hours of the next day, man first set foot on the moon. Exactly 53 years later we’re all waking up and talking about another Mr. Armstrong.

Let us hope that we’re all looking back on last night as: One small step for the man. One giant leap for our kind!

I don't believe in coincidence. The stars have aligned.
Armstrong... on 08:16 - Jul 21 with 3613 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Armstrong... on 01:03 - Jul 21 by DavieQPR

To put the game he played into context Dykes scored a first half hat trick and even Thomas scored.

Armstrong... on 11:31 - Jul 21 with 3069 viewsBklynRanger

Armstrong... on 01:03 - Jul 21 by DavieQPR

Thomas did what?!?!
Armstrong... on 11:36 - Jul 21 with 3037 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Armstrong... on 11:31 - Jul 21 by BklynRanger

Thomas did what?!?!

Apparently!

If there are any posters still denying the presence of global warming, then surely this freak environmental factor is the final indicator needed.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong... on 12:25 - Jul 21 with 2846 viewsLazyFan

Armstrong... on 22:14 - Jul 20 by MrSheen

Paul Smyth was a whirlwind on first appearance…

Smyth was always injured that was his problem.
He was injured twice last season, including a collapsed lung.

Great player, but was never available.

Back to Armstrong, sure we can loan him. But we have done. We wasted Les in Turkey for a whole season. Some may say that helped him along, well in my view he was ready already back then. He also knew it as he had a clause in his contract that when he came back they had to play him.

The only way you know if these younglings are good enough is if you play them with the first team. Let him play with Willock, Chair, Uncle and then we can see if he's the new messiah or another doubting Thomas (geddit?) awaiting a cull.

zzzzzzzzzz

Armstrong... on 12:32 - Jul 21 with 2775 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Armstrong... on 12:25 - Jul 21 by LazyFan

Back to Armstrong, sure we can loan him. But we have done. We wasted Les in Turkey for a whole season. Some may say that helped him along, well in my view he was ready already back then. He also knew it as he had a clause in his contract that when he came back they had to play him.

The only way you know if these younglings are good enough is if you play them with the first team. Let him play with Willock, Chair, Uncle and then we can see if he's the new messiah or another doubting Thomas (geddit?) awaiting a cull.

On Les, I used to watch him a lot for the reserves. I don't think he was ready before that loan, or anywhere near ready. What's more, he didn;t seem to believe it either as he often played with very little belief.

Haven't seen enough of Armstrong to judge. No doubting the potential, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Armstrong... on 12:47 - Jul 21 with 2659 viewsfrancisbowles

Armstrong... on 12:25 - Jul 21 by LazyFan

Great player?

A handful of very good performances but also some games where he was unable to shake of his marker. If he wasn't able to do that then he contributed virtually nothing.

His size was a problem as he was often overpowered and when he tried to be stronger and get stuck in he usually conceded a free kick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024