Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liz Truss is the new PM 12:39 - Sep 5 with 31718 viewsJuzzie

82% of the 172,437 Conservative members voted. That's 141,000 people deciding the fate of millions.

Sunak got 60k votes (43%)
Truss got 81k votes (57%)

So it wasn't even a clear majority, the Party was fairly evenly split which says to me they're not in harmony, a divided party.

God help us.

I'd have said the same has Sunak won it, what an awful place to be in where no one seems to be anywhere near good enough for the job at hand.

And before anyone says "Well Labour wouldn't do a better job of it" a) it's not about Labour b) maybe not

What a state this country is in.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 12:58]
Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:40 - Sep 5 with 2589 viewsdmm

If Truss actually institutes the threats she's been spouting during her PM campaign, we may well see a huge public uprising against her and the Tories. Some of her pledges to Tory members have been...

*Trashing the UK's climate pledges by issuing new oil drilling and fracking licenses.

*Dealing a blow to NHS funding at a time when the NHS is on its knees by reversing the Nat Ins rise.

*Doubling down on the policy of deporting asylum seekers and other immigrants to Rwanda.

*Tearing up the Northern Ireland Protocol.

*Attacking Trades Unions by raising the minimum threshold for voting in favour of strike action from 40% to 50%, particularly when she got less than 50% of Tory votes.

And to top it all, she's had the gall to call British workers lazy when her idol Boris Johnson is the most indolent PM in history.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 14:42]
Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:41 - Sep 5 with 2580 viewsRs_Holy

Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:38 - Sep 5 by BucksRanger

Wait until Putin goes nuclear.

hopefully an insider will take him out before then!
Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:50 - Sep 5 with 2527 viewsToast_R

If Labour don't win the next GE then they might as well cease to exist as a political party.

It just shows you how completely out of touch MP's are when they're putting forward two leaders like Truss and Sunak when you had Badonoch and Mourduant to choose from. Same with Labour and their poor choices, still can't believe they chose Ed Millipede over his brother in 2010 and then Mr Vanilla; Starmer. Self serving Maniacs the lot of them.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:06 - Sep 5 with 2451 viewsEsox_Lucius

FWIW I feel that she has been put in place as a sock puppet for the ERG & the Tax Payers Alliance. She won't won't be doing any uncoordinated interviews, and those she does will be with an earpiece (the buffering mode mentioned) She will be espousing on their behalf the need to remove the EHCR and introduce Charter Cities and there will be little action on the energy and cost of barely living crisis.
This is all by way of stirring up the UK public enough to see civil disobedience on the streets, strikes, mass protests etc. which they can then, with the complicity of their well controlled media, blame entirely on the Labour party & the Unions. A tactic sure to work with the hard of thinking.
This is the beginning of a political scorched Earth policy being implemented as they know they have fücked the country so badly they will not get into power next time without some major gaslighting..
I see some signs of it with comments about the anti Tory BBC after the LK show; totally disregarding the fact that the people who run the BBC were put there by Boris as a thank you for their donations.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 15:20]

The grass is always greener.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:14 - Sep 5 with 2405 viewssparkey

More people went to the 2019 Papa John's Trophy Final than voted for the next Prime Minister.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 2358 viewsdmm

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:14 - Sep 5 by sparkey

More people went to the 2019 Papa John's Trophy Final than voted for the next Prime Minister.

Nice stat sparkey
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 2360 viewsSuperhoop83

This.

Suffering since 1978.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:27 - Sep 5 with 2333 viewsQPR_John

Liz Truss is the new PM on 13:51 - Sep 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I find it sad that the British people are now lead by a PM who:

1) Got less than 50% of the Tory members' votes
2) Got less than 50% of the Tory MP's votes, and
3) Got not one vote from the Britsh Citizenry.

Who is the accpeted norm in Democracies now, for Britain is not the only Country whose Citizens are disenfranchised.

How would you change things so that the PM is directly elected. The only thing I can think of is a mandatory General Elecction if a PM resigns. Same for a by-election if the current incumbent changes parties. I’ll be happy to be proved wrong but I cannot remember talk of citizens being disenfranchised when Brown took over from Blaire.
Login to get fewer ads

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:31 - Sep 5 with 2314 viewswood_hoop

You all need to chill, take the Joe Lycett stance.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:35 - Sep 5 with 2298 viewsflynnbo

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:31 - Sep 5 by wood_hoop

You all need to chill, take the Joe Lycett stance.

Watched it yesterday and the Fail had it as its front page today ffs!! James O'Brien was talking about it this morning.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:40 - Sep 5 with 2279 viewsJuzzie

Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:34 - Sep 5 by TheChef

Sorry which referendum was that one? I lose track...

There should just be a simple clause that once a PM resigns or is thrown out by their party, a general election is announced as soon as their successor is named.

It was in 2011, I don't even remember it happening!

It was a referendum though to change it from first past the post to an Alternative Vote (rather than proportional representation).

Just over 19m votes with 68% saying no.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/was-there-a-referendum-on-proportional-repre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_United_Kingdom_Alternative_Vote_referendum

Maybe we now need a referendum to look to changing to PR?
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:45 - Sep 5 with 2244 viewsThe_Beast1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 13:34 - Sep 5 by CamberleyR

I'm struggling to think how someone this unqualified has somehow risen to the top job. Unless something has been scripted and written down, she has a total inability to think on her feet. Eddie Mair recently tweeted "you can actually see her buffering" when being interviewed. Starmer will eat her for breakfast, lunch and dinner at PMQs.

What a time to be alive.

She is the WEF candidate and has been placed, that's how
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:57 - Sep 5 with 2198 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:34 - Sep 5 by TheChef

Sorry which referendum was that one? I lose track...

There should just be a simple clause that once a PM resigns or is thrown out by their party, a general election is announced as soon as their successor is named.

Pointless.

If that were the enforced case, he wouldn’t have resigned. Nor would he have been allowed to do so by his party. Power at all cost.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:58 - Sep 5 with 2191 viewsCamberleyR

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:35 - Sep 5 by flynnbo

Watched it yesterday and the Fail had it as its front page today ffs!! James O'Brien was talking about it this morning.

Yes, the Daily Heil had the headline as "Now BBC Comic Mocks Liz Truss".

It took two of their 'journalists' to write the story as well. FWIW I wasn't even aware Joe Lycett worked for the BBC

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:59 - Sep 5 with 2179 viewsTheChef

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:57 - Sep 5 by qpr1976

Pointless.

If that were the enforced case, he wouldn’t have resigned. Nor would he have been allowed to do so by his party. Power at all cost.

Cheers. Good to know we're screwed either way.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:01 - Sep 5 with 2163 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 12:44 - Sep 5 by Juzzie

Truss is still saying that BJ "got Brexit done"... he didn't. How can they still be rolling out the same lies and think no one notices?

Whether you agreed with it or not, voted for it or not, think it’s been successful or not, or think it’s not 100% done…… Fact of the matter is he did !
Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 2132 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 13:21 - Sep 5 by HAYESBOY

A gift for Labour.

Thing is, last election. When Boris won (by default). The country felt Corbyn was unelectable.
Starmer may be more viable, but he has skeletons too.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:06 - Sep 5 with 2118 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:27 - Sep 5 by QPR_John

How would you change things so that the PM is directly elected. The only thing I can think of is a mandatory General Elecction if a PM resigns. Same for a by-election if the current incumbent changes parties. I’ll be happy to be proved wrong but I cannot remember talk of citizens being disenfranchised when Brown took over from Blaire.

That's exactly what I'd like to see, John.
Somone told me recently that the last British plitician that was voted in by the citizenry and also voted out by the citizenry was Wilson. Could that be right?
Ireland has the same problem by the way.
It's incredibly undemocractic and I can't believe the voters haven't insisted on it changing in various countries.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:07 - Sep 5 with 2110 viewsHayesender

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:40 - Sep 5 by Juzzie

It was in 2011, I don't even remember it happening!

It was a referendum though to change it from first past the post to an Alternative Vote (rather than proportional representation).

Just over 19m votes with 68% saying no.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/was-there-a-referendum-on-proportional-repre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_United_Kingdom_Alternative_Vote_referendum

Maybe we now need a referendum to look to changing to PR?

I must have been too caught up in watching Adel Tarrabt tearing up the championship, cause I have no recollection of this at all

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:09 - Sep 5 with 2105 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:38 - Sep 5 by BucksRanger

Wait until Putin goes nuclear.

That’s the spirit !
Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 2088 viewsdmm

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:01 - Sep 5 by qpr1976

Whether you agreed with it or not, voted for it or not, think it’s been successful or not, or think it’s not 100% done…… Fact of the matter is he did !

Is that oven ready Brexit that Johnson 'got done' ever going to get cooked? It's been in the oven for two and a half years and is as underdone as a Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie in a broken Baby Belling.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 2080 viewskensalriser

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:27 - Sep 5 by QPR_John

You have a poor memory. Various Tories were very animated in decrying Gordon Brown's lack of legitimacy as PM and I'm sure Boris Johnson wrote a typically vituperative leader in the Telegraph along those lines.

FWIW I don't share the sentiment. We do not have a presidential system and the PM is in position by courtesy of parliament. When the PM no longer enjoys the confidence of parliament it is right they should be replaced.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:14 - Sep 5 with 2063 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 14:50 - Sep 5 by Toast_R

If Labour don't win the next GE then they might as well cease to exist as a political party.

It just shows you how completely out of touch MP's are when they're putting forward two leaders like Truss and Sunak when you had Badonoch and Mourduant to choose from. Same with Labour and their poor choices, still can't believe they chose Ed Millipede over his brother in 2010 and then Mr Vanilla; Starmer. Self serving Maniacs the lot of them.

That’s been said SO many times before & after GE’s over the last 40 years since I was old enough to take an interest…..
Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 2048 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:06 - Sep 5 by Esox_Lucius

FWIW I feel that she has been put in place as a sock puppet for the ERG & the Tax Payers Alliance. She won't won't be doing any uncoordinated interviews, and those she does will be with an earpiece (the buffering mode mentioned) She will be espousing on their behalf the need to remove the EHCR and introduce Charter Cities and there will be little action on the energy and cost of barely living crisis.
This is all by way of stirring up the UK public enough to see civil disobedience on the streets, strikes, mass protests etc. which they can then, with the complicity of their well controlled media, blame entirely on the Labour party & the Unions. A tactic sure to work with the hard of thinking.
This is the beginning of a political scorched Earth policy being implemented as they know they have fücked the country so badly they will not get into power next time without some major gaslighting..
I see some signs of it with comments about the anti Tory BBC after the LK show; totally disregarding the fact that the people who run the BBC were put there by Boris as a thank you for their donations.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 15:20]

What’s the Lorraine Kelly show got to do with anything ??
Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:18 - Sep 5 with 2044 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 15:22 - Sep 5 by dmm

Nice stat sparkey

But not the 2021….?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024