Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? 10:41 - Nov 24 with 4532 viewsHayesender

There's a 90's football page I follow on FB, and yesterday it popped up with the results from the weekend we won 3-0 at Goodison, with Bradley Allen scoring a hat-trick.

To this day its the best team performance I've ever seen, with the Everton fans applauding us off.

It's no exaggeration it could/should have been 6 or 7.

Any other stand out complete performances that stick in your memory?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 10:56 - Nov 24 with 3173 viewsNorthernr

I saw the title of the thread and came here to say the 3-0 at Everton. Absolute total destruction.

Weirdly, given how crap the team was, the 3-0 at Wolves early in Warnock's Premier League season was a bit like that as well. Faurlin and Barton were unreal in midfield, Taarabt obviously but Traore had an amazing game that day as well.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:01 - Nov 24 with 3145 viewsdaveB

That is the one game that sticks out for me as well at Everton, were superb that day

others around that time Newcastle at home in 94/95, 3 up at half time could have been double that.

Chelsea in 86 wasn't bad either
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:06 - Nov 24 with 3141 viewsSydneyRs

Second half of the 4-1 v Spurs in the early 90s. Sublime, even the Spurs mate I went with couldn't stop going on about how well we played afterwards.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 3128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

About a dozen from that Warnock season.

Remember a win at Reading with 10 men on TV that was particularly good.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:18 - Nov 24 with 3121 viewsQPR_Hibs

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 10:56 - Nov 24 by Northernr

I saw the title of the thread and came here to say the 3-0 at Everton. Absolute total destruction.

Weirdly, given how crap the team was, the 3-0 at Wolves early in Warnock's Premier League season was a bit like that as well. Faurlin and Barton were unreal in midfield, Taarabt obviously but Traore had an amazing game that day as well.

Is that Wolves game the one where Helguson got hit in the face early on and played on and later scored with a golf ball sized lump under his eye?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:20 - Nov 24 with 3118 viewsNorthernr

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:18 - Nov 24 by QPR_Hibs

Is that Wolves game the one where Helguson got hit in the face early on and played on and later scored with a golf ball sized lump under his eye?

No that was Stoke same season. Scored with a thunderbstrd header right in front of us while he had a fractured eye socket. What a bloke.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:20 - Nov 24 with 3118 viewsHayesender

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:09 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

About a dozen from that Warnock season.

Remember a win at Reading with 10 men on TV that was particularly good.

The 4-0 v Swansea when Adel scored THAT goal has gotta be up there

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:31 - Nov 24 with 3078 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When I saw the title, I also thought of the 3-0 at Everton.

Wilson, Wilkins, Ferdinand and of course Allen were all brilliant, and the rest were all very good too.

Complete control.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:45 - Nov 24 with 3040 viewsNov77

Beating Leeds 4-1 at home the year they won the league is the best performance I’ve seen from any rangers team taking into account the quality of the opposition, could have been 6 or more too. Same goes for old Trafford New Year’s Day.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 12:04 - Nov 24 with 3012 viewsqprxtc

Bradley Allen hat trick 3-0 up at Everton. Can’t recall such an all round total domination before or since. Superb.

Spent the weekend in Blackpool too. Plant pots came into the equation.

Lost at Swindon four days later. Ho hum.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 12:05 - Nov 24 with 3008 viewsBoston

Derby 1 Queens Park Rangers 5

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 2913 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I recall a lot of games under Venables where we simply bossed teams from the off.

But bizarrely I'm going to flag a performance early on in the management of one of the worst choices made by QPR: Alan Mullery.

Second home game against Forest. We'd beaten a good WBA side at home and picked up points away at Watford and Liverpool. We absolutely rolled Forest over with consummate ease. You left the ground thinking, maybe Mullery might carry on the work of Venables.

A week later we left the Lane after a right shoeing and well, it all went down hill from there.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:09 - Nov 24 with 2883 viewsterryb

The win at Wolves stands out for me from "modern" times, but I can't look beyong two classics from the '70's.

The 2-0 against Liverpool in the first game of THAT season was superb, but a 3-0 win at White hart Lane was even better. Gerry Francis looked like the best player in the world that day.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:44 - Nov 24 with 2815 viewsAntti_Heinola

Southampton 3-1 at home around 89 I think? The one where Bard scored the free kick screamer. That was more 2nd half, admittedly, but it should have been about 8. We flippin murdered 'em.
5-0 v Blackpool first match after play off final was also absolute destruction.

Bare bones.

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:46 - Nov 24 with 2810 viewswelwynranger

QPR 3 WEST BROM 2.
League Cup Final Wembley
March 4th 1967.
2 good goals from first division West Brom in the first half although Rangers played well.
But the second half Rangers were magnificent. Led by the mercurial Rodney Marsh
Once he scored the first we were all over them like a rash.
Brilliant day I'll never forget.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:55 - Nov 24 with 2784 viewsnumptydumpty

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 11:06 - Nov 24 by SydneyRs

Second half of the 4-1 v Spurs in the early 90s. Sublime, even the Spurs mate I went with couldn't stop going on about how well we played afterwards.

After that particular game, was thinking and believing and with the performance we gave there was no club in the country that could have matched us that day.

Was in South Africa Road, near couple spurs fans, who themselves ended up clapping ourselves.

Was an outstanding game. Brilliance from all.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:55 - Nov 24 with 2783 viewswelwynranger

6 nil against the scum weren't bad either
Or New Years Day at Old Trafford
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:55 - Nov 24 with 2783 viewsCamberleyR

Another from early on in the 93/94 season, might have been the week after the Les 10/10 game at SJP, the 5-1 vs Coventry at home. 5-1 absolutely flattered Coventry but because bloody Bobby Gould resigned straight after the game, all the focus was about him rather than how brilliantly we played that day.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:55 - Nov 24 with 2777 viewsTomS

The quality of opposition does matter in a poll like this. Referring to hidings given out to lesser teams shouldn't really be included.

One that stands out for me is the 3-0 home win against high flying Stoke in March 2008. We were managed by Luigi De Canio and were playing a brand of football that was easy on the eye. We totally dominated the game, which isn't easy against a Pulis managed side.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:57 - Nov 24 with 2766 viewsnumptydumpty

I never went to the game but in the easter Saturday we beat Forest 4 - 3 with a Les hattrick and on the Easter Monday away to Everton and that time was 5 - 1 and another Les hattrick.

Was not there and never saw more than highlights on TV but the Everton fans were clapping our last couple of goals, almost in awe.

Please bring those days back chaps !!!

Heady days indeed
[Post edited 24 Nov 2022 14:00]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 14:22 - Nov 24 with 2710 viewsSuperhoop83

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:44 - Nov 24 by Antti_Heinola

Southampton 3-1 at home around 89 I think? The one where Bard scored the free kick screamer. That was more 2nd half, admittedly, but it should have been about 8. We flippin murdered 'em.
5-0 v Blackpool first match after play off final was also absolute destruction.

September 1992. It was a good job Bardsley's shot hit the net or it would have killed someone in the stands.

Suffering since 1978.

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 14:54 - Nov 24 with 2671 viewsradfords

Our first European competition and Cologne were a great team. I couldn't believe how well we played to get a 3-0 home win. Lost 4-1 in the return leg and went through on away goals.

This after following QPR for 20 years tstarting with the 3rd Division South .
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:07 - Nov 24 with 2648 viewskernowhoop

Not sure that it meets the criterion of being 'complete' (because of conceding two goals), but QPR 5 Slovan Bratislava 2 was intensely enjoyable.
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:20 - Nov 24 with 2621 viewswelwynranger

QPR 4 Leicester 2. 1967
On the way to the League Cup Final.
First Division Leicester had 4 international players in their team, including Gordon Banks the keeper in the 1966 World Cup final what a night.
A few weeks later away at St Andrews beating Birmingham 4 - 1 in the Semi Final
Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 15:22 - Nov 24 with 2617 viewsManinBlack

Most complete QPR performance you've ever seen? on 13:55 - Nov 24 by TomS

The quality of opposition does matter in a poll like this. Referring to hidings given out to lesser teams shouldn't really be included.

One that stands out for me is the 3-0 home win against high flying Stoke in March 2008. We were managed by Luigi De Canio and were playing a brand of football that was easy on the eye. We totally dominated the game, which isn't easy against a Pulis managed side.

The thing is we tend to play better against good sides and lose to poor opponents so any win against a crap team should be celebrated.

The 3-0 at Everton was great but tempered by the fact they almost got relegated that season so you can say they were poor not just against us. I was preferring the time we scored 5 there but in true QPR fashion we gave them two consolation goals in the final few minutes so 5-1 brilliant became 5-3 sloppy.

The 5-1 at Derby with a Bowles hat trick is hard to top. They were league champions and had beaten us 5-2 at the Baseball the previous season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024