Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politics in a changing UK 08:06 - May 6 with 992 viewsAnotherJohn

Just before he died, Henry Kissinger commented on the political impact of large-scale migration into Europe; he talked about the creation of new interest groups that would influence political parties and their policies. The results of the recent council elections, and how Gaza has featured so centrally in the campaigns in some areas, seem to bear that out.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/palestine-has-right-to-fight-back-says-gree

Other recent news headlines say that the Labour Party is working to win back votes in Muslim communities. Some senior party sources say policy will need to change, even after the shift that already happened.. Personally I find that quite worrying. I seem to recall a discourse from years ago whereby people on the Left argued that changing demography would not greatly change existing culture and values, because integration would mean that migrants adopted the values had attracted them to the UK in the first place. Will foreign policy now be shaped increasingly by the reaction of certain "interest groups" to what is happening in far away places? Some will say that demography is destiny.
[Post edited 6 May 8:08]
Politics in a changing UK on 08:10 - May 6 with 982 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Politicians these days seem to bend with the wind on order to win votes rather than stand by their convictions, one reason why people are losing their faith in politicians in general.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Politics in a changing UK on 10:51 - May 6 with 919 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Labour Party and Islam have always struck me as unlikely bedfellows, they essentially have nothing in common. Islam in its very nature is socially conservative and authoritarian and as a culture it hasn’t got a very good reputation for fighting for the rights of gay people and transsexuals or anything the Labour Party calls for.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Politics in a changing UK on 10:56 - May 6 with 912 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Politics in a changing UK on 08:10 - May 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Politicians these days seem to bend with the wind on order to win votes rather than stand by their convictions, one reason why people are losing their faith in politicians in general.

The only conviction you are likely to see in the House of Commons these days are fraud convictions, convictions for grabbing someone’s arse in a bar, or a conviction for crashing a car whilst drunk wearing high heels and a dress and running away from the scene.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Politics in a changing UK on 11:25 - May 6 with 896 viewsAnotherJohn

Politics in a changing UK on 10:56 - May 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The only conviction you are likely to see in the House of Commons these days are fraud convictions, convictions for grabbing someone’s arse in a bar, or a conviction for crashing a car whilst drunk wearing high heels and a dress and running away from the scene.

Wearing high heels and a dress does seem to be on the rise. I came across an old calypso song the other day that seemed quite topical - wouldn't be allowed to be played now I suppose. Who remembers Lord Invader?

Politics in a changing UK on 13:16 - May 6 with 837 viewsonehunglow

Politics in a changing UK on 11:25 - May 6 by AnotherJohn

Wearing high heels and a dress does seem to be on the rise. I came across an old calypso song the other day that seemed quite topical - wouldn't be allowed to be played now I suppose. Who remembers Lord Invader?

Calypso.
Yikes
We ll be into reparation next,mun

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Politics in a changing UK on 14:12 - May 6 with 822 viewsAnotherJohn

Politics in a changing UK on 13:16 - May 6 by onehunglow

Calypso.
Yikes
We ll be into reparation next,mun

Don't worry, Lord Invader was more interested in the "Yankee dollar". They'll pay.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=Lord+invader+rum+and+coca+c

This is the song he wrote that was ripped off by a US producer who gave it to the Andrews sisters, leading Invader to spend years in the US suing to get some money back.
[Post edited 6 May 14:15]
Politics in a changing UK on 14:48 - May 6 with 788 viewsonehunglow

Politics in a changing UK on 14:12 - May 6 by AnotherJohn

Don't worry, Lord Invader was more interested in the "Yankee dollar". They'll pay.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=Lord+invader+rum+and+coca+c

This is the song he wrote that was ripped off by a US producer who gave it to the Andrews sisters, leading Invader to spend years in the US suing to get some money back.
[Post edited 6 May 14:15]

The Andrews Sisters .
My mum’ s favourite
Spice Girls of their time

Politics in a changing UK on 18:30 - May 6 with 726 viewsFlashberryjack

The re-election of the supposedly hated Sadiq Khan should tell you everything about how important the Muslim vote is in this country now.

Muslims stick together until they take power of a country, then the start fighting each other.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Politics in a changing UK on 19:42 - May 6 with 698 viewsonehunglow

Politics in a changing UK on 18:30 - May 6 by Flashberryjack

The re-election of the supposedly hated Sadiq Khan should tell you everything about how important the Muslim vote is in this country now.

Muslims stick together until they take power of a country, then the start fighting each other.

He’s hated by many
Loved by those who don’t
Multi cultural Britain
Yeah baby

Politics in a changing UK on 09:49 - May 7 with 605 viewscontroversial_jack

As they are only about 4% of the population, they had better get a move on
Politics in a changing UK on 17:21 - May 7 with 530 viewsFlashberryjack

Politics in a changing UK on 09:49 - May 7 by controversial_jack

As they are only about 4% of the population, they had better get a move on

Really!!!
Over a quarter (25.3%, 2.2 million) of London's population identified with a religion other than "Christian", up from 22.6%, 1.8 million, in 2011. The next most common religious groups in London were "Muslim" (15.0%, up from 12.6% in 2011) and "Hindu" (5.1%, up from 5.0% in 2011).

Hello

Politics in a changing UK on 22:34 - May 7 with 466 viewscontroversial_jack

Politics in a changing UK on 17:21 - May 7 by Flashberryjack

Really!!!
Over a quarter (25.3%, 2.2 million) of London's population identified with a religion other than "Christian", up from 22.6%, 1.8 million, in 2011. The next most common religious groups in London were "Muslim" (15.0%, up from 12.6% in 2011) and "Hindu" (5.1%, up from 5.0% in 2011).

What's being non christian got to do with it? We are a secular country. Muslims account for only a few percent nationaly
Politics in a changing UK on 07:36 - May 8 with 431 viewsScotia

60% of people couldn't be bothered to vote. He's clearly not hated by about 75% of Londoners in that case.

The Mail, Telegraph and GB news tell you he's hated becasue they hate him. For one reason.
Politics in a changing UK on 17:20 - May 8 with 350 viewsSullutaCreturned

Politics in a changing UK on 07:36 - May 8 by Scotia

60% of people couldn't be bothered to vote. He's clearly not hated by about 75% of Londoners in that case.

The Mail, Telegraph and GB news tell you he's hated becasue they hate him. For one reason.

Not hated by 60% and not loved by those who didn't vote for him.

The truth is he's a politician and as with the rest of the UK, a lot of people do not bother to vote.

Heck in Wales they can't get over half the electorate to vote either. A lot of people do not like politics or politicians.
About one sixth of registered voters chose Khan. About 1.3 million chose someone else. 60% of the voter stayed at home.
Politics in a changing UK on 20:04 - May 8 with 315 viewsFlashberryjack

Politics in a changing UK on 22:34 - May 7 by controversial_jack

What's being non christian got to do with it? We are a secular country. Muslims account for only a few percent nationaly

Muslims make up 15% of London's population, not 4% that you claim.

Hello

Politics in a changing UK on 20:14 - May 8 with 307 viewsKeithHaynes

Politics in a changing UK on 20:04 - May 8 by Flashberryjack

White British in the minority. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else. Regardless of colour or denomination.

Personally I left that all behind.

But it burns.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Politics in a changing UK on 20:40 - May 8 with 300 viewsmajorraglan

Politics in a changing UK on 17:20 - May 8 by SullutaCreturned

Not hated by 60% and not loved by those who didn't vote for him.

The truth is he's a politician and as with the rest of the UK, a lot of people do not bother to vote.

Heck in Wales they can't get over half the electorate to vote either. A lot of people do not like politics or politicians.
About one sixth of registered voters chose Khan. About 1.3 million chose someone else. 60% of the voter stayed at home.

Absolutely, if he was really disliked huge numbers would have turned out to vote against him, whereas he actually won quite comfortably.

I’ve got no time for him (or most of his ilk for that matter) but if I lived in London and was breathing the polluted air from vehicles etc I’d probably be supportive of his initiatives to clean the place up.
Politics in a changing UK on 20:40 - May 8 with 300 viewscontroversial_jack

Politics in a changing UK on 20:04 - May 8 by Flashberryjack

I stated nationwide
Politics in a changing UK on 21:04 - May 8 with 283 viewsFlashberryjack

Politics in a changing UK on 20:40 - May 8 by controversial_jack

I stated nationwide

And I was referring to Sadiq Khan being re-elected as Mayor of London, but of course you knew that.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024