Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Messageboard 21:47 - Nov 12 with 5189 viewssomdale

I used to love this messageboard, it used to be a great source of information for someone an exile like me. Now its just full of over the top madness, and so many threads about the same stuff. The smallest mistake in punctuation gets crucified. And now it is lets beat the manager time.
A new manager who lost one of the most important and influential players i've had the pleasure of seeing in Chris O Grady, along with other important players. Give to that the dreaded second season syndrome and the loss of our most successful manager. Yet everyone expects the club to just go along as if nothing has happened. Reality check needed i think, if there is one thing this club needs right now its a togetherness from club, players and fans alike. I lived in Rochdale during the dark days of the club and if anyone thinks it's bad now then they either have very short memories are at an age where they can't appreciate the strides made recently. Yeah its a struggle at the moment but it has been a lot worse, give the man a chance, and if he fails then our division awaits our return and on we go, together.
This Messageboard on 14:41 - Aug 21 with 4020 viewsRAFCBLUE

Well said.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

This Messageboard on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 3794 viewsScunthorpedale

Agree entirely. We have a proud reputation as a friendly club. I know there are some agent provocateurs posting as usual, but we fans need to be fully behind the club (players, management and board) who have carried us through the most turbulent time in our history. We are 5 matches into the season, and we all want success on the pitch, so please, let’s give the team our support at a time when they really need it.
This Messageboard on 15:47 - Aug 21 with 3754 viewskel

This Messageboard on 15:44 - Aug 21 by Scunthorpedale

Agree entirely. We have a proud reputation as a friendly club. I know there are some agent provocateurs posting as usual, but we fans need to be fully behind the club (players, management and board) who have carried us through the most turbulent time in our history. We are 5 matches into the season, and we all want success on the pitch, so please, let’s give the team our support at a time when they really need it.

See the date of the original thread. I only noticed it after it was pointed out to me.

The manger at the time? Steve Eyre. Hmmmmm, ‘som’
This Messageboard on 15:49 - Aug 21 with 3750 views442Dale

This Messageboard on 15:44 - Aug 21 by Scunthorpedale

Think there is a real commitment to support the club. Though the club know they have a massive decision to make and they need to make it as quickly as possible. They also must be open to the valuable constructive criticism seen on here over the years and accept where mistakes have been made.

Even over ten years ago when the original post appeared.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This Messageboard on 15:57 - Aug 21 with 3715 viewsD_Alien

I love the forensic skills on this messageboard

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This Messageboard on 16:15 - Aug 21 with 3640 viewsTVOS1907

'lovecity' will be back before we know it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

This Messageboard on 16:24 - Aug 21 with 3623 viewsIOMDale

This Messageboard on 16:15 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Now you’ve got me reminiscing - who remembers mightyscouse? The source of many a rumour, including the bookie in the bath and Coleman/Bell sacking training off when they couldn’t be arsed.

UTDNFS

This Messageboard on 16:50 - Aug 21 with 3526 viewskel

This Messageboard on 16:15 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Once his little acolyte has some information for him. He’ll have to go some to beat his April fools arse kissing though.
Login to get fewer ads

This Messageboard on 17:02 - Aug 21 with 3478 viewsRAFCBLUE

This Messageboard on 15:57 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

I love the forensic skills on this messageboard

Only a few weeks after somdale's OP of the time Steve Eyre was fired.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16250270

Former Manchester City youth-team coach Eyre only took over in the summer in his first managerial role.

Chairman Chris Dunphy told BBC Radio Manchester: "Unfortunately we're in a results-driven industry and four wins out of 21 is not acceptable."

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

This Messageboard on 17:24 - Aug 21 with 3408 viewssomdale

I do have a history of backing managers, I see changing them as a huge risk as I worry what kind of manager we can attract, we got very lucky with KH, I fear every manager walks in his shadow and the expectations are too high, anyhow here's hoping for another stroke of luck UTD
This Messageboard on 21:22 - Aug 21 with 3063 viewsShun

This Messageboard on 16:24 - Aug 21 by IOMDale

Now you’ve got me reminiscing - who remembers mightyscouse? The source of many a rumour, including the bookie in the bath and Coleman/Bell sacking training off when they couldn’t be arsed.

And the poster who swore he was a player in the Coleman side and pleaded with us for support.

Did it ever come out who mightyscouse was?
This Messageboard on 21:25 - Aug 21 with 3057 viewsjudd

This Messageboard on 21:22 - Aug 21 by Shun

And the poster who swore he was a player in the Coleman side and pleaded with us for support.

Did it ever come out who mightyscouse was?

Think he was called Stew

Poll: What is it to be then?

This Messageboard on 02:52 - Aug 22 with 2860 viewsBazzanne

If we fail and go down I don't think this club will survive. The local population is apathetic to the the club. Local support if you remove away support is around 2000. Should we drop to National League I think that figure would half. Pessimistic I know, but not looking with blue tinted glasses either. Relegation would be disastrous.
This Messageboard on 05:32 - Aug 22 with 2814 viewswheniwasyourage

I appreciate your post, there does generally seem to be higher levels of disagreement that seems to get personal all to often. This is a shame as we all love and follow the same team.

As to RS, we will have to agree to disagree. Good guy, probable super ethical, articulate and personable. That said, at the moment I just don't know what our playing identity is and the team is not a team, rather 11 individuals who happen to wear the same shirt.

Every season, there is a team that is way off the mark, last season is was Oldham, its us now.
This Messageboard on 08:16 - Aug 22 with 2678 views442Dale

This Messageboard on 02:52 - Aug 22 by Bazzanne

If we fail and go down I don't think this club will survive. The local population is apathetic to the the club. Local support if you remove away support is around 2000. Should we drop to National League I think that figure would half. Pessimistic I know, but not looking with blue tinted glasses either. Relegation would be disastrous.

This has been discussed in the last few days. Why would the club not just adjust as many other clubs in non league have done for their entire history or since relegation from the league?

We have to do everything to avoid relegation but it would be incredibly disappointing if the loyal fan base we do have, suddenly halved. Not sure there’s any evidence to say it would anyway. People point to all the issues Scunthorpe had, still have. Look at their crowds so far: 3100 v Yeovil, 2600 v Solihull.

Our attendances are better now than in the 80s when the club was in a much more precarious position with a dilapidated ground and little in the way of commercial opportunities. We have recently all seen how the Overcoaters have reenergised games and increased the younger support with their excellent work so far.

Those are the facts and it would be good if we don’t ever have to test overly pessimistic theories about non-league football, it’s not a subject that needs discussing right now but if it is then it’ll be challenged to produce evidence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This Messageboard on 10:10 - Aug 22 with 2518 viewsEllDale

There's a constant argument about gates ongoing in the National League.
You'd certainly get more away fans in the COA if the likes of Chesterfield, Oldham, Wrexham, Halifax and Notts County were the visitors rather than clubs such Crawley, Stevenage and Salford who Dale entertain this year on the EFL.
On the other hand, it's hardly worth opening the away end when teams like Borehamwood and Maidenhead are in town.
In terms of attendance figures over a season there apparently doesn't seem to be much difference between the two leagues.
That however is presuming that the home attendance holds up after relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024