Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gornell signs for dale 15:39 - Jan 10 with 7308 viewsThreeLions

On permanent contract
gornell signs for dale on 15:41 - Jan 10 with 5612 viewsClivert

Good move I feel and a step in the right direction.
gornell signs for dale on 15:47 - Jan 10 with 5560 viewsIOMDale

Welcome news, but odd that he's only signed a deal until the end of the season according to OS story?

UTDNFS

gornell signs for dale on 15:55 - Jan 10 with 5497 viewsBigKindo

gornell signs for dale on 15:47 - Jan 10 by IOMDale

Welcome news, but odd that he's only signed a deal until the end of the season according to OS story?

...and a little bizarre if a fee is involved with such a short contract.
gornell signs for dale on 15:55 - Jan 10 with 5493 viewslurker

gornell signs for dale on 15:47 - Jan 10 by IOMDale

Good signing. Can hardly be described as permanent though, I agree!

Think we must be struggling even more than we thought financially to only offer a short term deal. Has anybody been moved on?

EDIT: Just realised he is still under 24 in the summer so we are at least protected by tribunal rules should he have a storming 2nd half to the season and get poached.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
gornell signs for dale on 16:11 - Jan 10 with 5404 viewsColDale

gornell signs for dale on 15:55 - Jan 10 by lurker

Good signing. Can hardly be described as permanent though, I agree!

Think we must be struggling even more than we thought financially to only offer a short term deal. Has anybody been moved on?

EDIT: Just realised he is still under 24 in the summer so we are at least protected by tribunal rules should he have a storming 2nd half to the season and get poached.

Says to me that we have just took over his contract with Shrewsbury, which suggests no transfer fee involved. Given that many felt this was a Grimes or Gornell thing (or possibly even a swap deal), this can only be a good thing.

Edit: Just seen we have paid a fee. Very odd given the contract to the end of the season. Must either be a private agreement in place or the fee was a token amount.
gornell signs for dale on 16:17 - Jan 10 with 5361 viewslurker

gornell signs for dale on 16:11 - Jan 10 by ColDale

Says to me that we have just took over his contract with Shrewsbury, which suggests no transfer fee involved. Given that many felt this was a Grimes or Gornell thing (or possibly even a swap deal), this can only be a good thing.

Edit: Just seen we have paid a fee. Very odd given the contract to the end of the season. Must either be a private agreement in place or the fee was a token amount.

Don't clubs tend to pay a fee for long term loan deals these days anyway? So I suppose we could see it as a window to window loan but we retain his registration at the end of it.

If he helps keep us up it will be worth it!
gornell signs for dale on 16:18 - Jan 10 with 5353 viewsToffeemanc

gornell signs for dale on 16:11 - Jan 10 by ColDale

I'd assume the fee would be a very small amount that would maybe have reflected any money Shrewsbury feel they may have got in compensation from the under 23/24 ruling if he left at the end of the season.
If this is not the case then surely a loan to the end of the season would have been cheaper for Dale ?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

gornell signs for dale on 16:30 - Jan 10 with 5296 viewsmacro

I'd say we've taken over his contract and given Shrews a 'tribunial' fee for him being under 23 or whatever the cut off age is
Login to get fewer ads

gornell signs for dale on 16:37 - Jan 10 with 5246 viewsdingdangblue

Great news but if we manage to keep hold of our better players in January - we are going to have a massive turn around of players again this summer - not great in the long term for stability. Who have we got beyond this season?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

gornell signs for dale on 16:39 - Jan 10 with 5235 viewsrafc1984

gornell signs for dale on 16:37 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

Great news but if we manage to keep hold of our better players in January - we are going to have a massive turn around of players again this summer - not great in the long term for stability. Who have we got beyond this season?

Donnelly
gornell signs for dale on 16:39 - Jan 10 with 5232 viewsinthenet

gornell signs for dale on 15:55 - Jan 10 by BigKindo

...and a little bizarre if a fee is involved with such a short contract.

We still have the same side that lost to the bottom of the league (good signing thou)!

Rastrickblue

gornell signs for dale on 16:49 - Jan 10 with 5194 viewsolympicdale

So much for the swap deal with Grimes, I would imagine come the end of the season an agreement is in place to sign for another year or so, good news though.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 16:54 - Jan 10 with 5168 viewsD_Alien

I wonder what effect the constant speculation around Coleman's position is having on players decisions?

Normally, a player like Gornell would be looking for some kind of contract security, surely? But if JC's giving out vibes that he no longer feels secure in his own tenure, would it be any wonder if players are taking this into account when signing deals?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

gornell signs for dale on 17:00 - Jan 10 with 5131 viewsYouTubeDale

gornell signs for dale on 16:39 - Jan 10 by inthenet

We still have the same side that lost to the bottom of the league (good signing thou)!

Yes, the one where the West Ham player scored the winner against us, and the match before that it was an Aston Villa player scoring the winner. Quality players making a difference.

Yes, we have signed a quality player in Gornell. Coleman just needs to mix it up a bit if he has a quiet game.

Hopefully he will sign a longer contract after the summer(assuming he plays well).

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

gornell signs for dale on 17:06 - Jan 10 with 5100 viewssandylaner1

very pleased with this although slightly puzzled by the 6 months contract

already see those on social media calling it bad management by coleman etc?

the fee will be minuscule and as others have stated we will have just taken over his contract from shrews

it's more secure than a loan deal and gives us a better chance of retaining him for future seasons after the summer - if we want to build a squad capable of getting into league one gornell is exactly the sort of player we should be trying to acquire
gornell signs for dale on 17:06 - Jan 10 with 5097 viewselectricblue

Good signing..
Now get a defender in who can sort out the back four..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

gornell signs for dale on 17:07 - Jan 10 with 5093 viewsChaffRAFC

gornell signs for dale on 17:00 - Jan 10 by YouTubeDale

Yes, the one where the West Ham player scored the winner against us, and the match before that it was an Aston Villa player scoring the winner. Quality players making a difference.

Yes, we have signed a quality player in Gornell. Coleman just needs to mix it up a bit if he has a quiet game.

Hopefully he will sign a longer contract after the summer(assuming he plays well).

The West Ham striker who was on loan with us last season but didn't ever play?

Anyway, to answer a question further up, I think I'm right in saying that we have the following contracted for next season:

Bobby Grant
George Donnelly
Josh Lillis

No, really, that's it.

I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

gornell signs for dale on 17:21 - Jan 10 with 5024 viewsdavidab2202

gornell signs for dale on 16:54 - Jan 10 by D_Alien

I wonder what effect the constant speculation around Coleman's position is having on players decisions?

Normally, a player like Gornell would be looking for some kind of contract security, surely? But if JC's giving out vibes that he no longer feels secure in his own tenure, would it be any wonder if players are taking this into account when signing deals?

Think you have hit the nail on the head.

Would suggest that Coleman has been told that without a significant improvement in the second half of the season,he will be sacked.

His playing chums may feel the need to reavaluate their situation in May and it could be that Gornell only wanted the six month contract until he sees the lie of the land come the end of the season
gornell signs for dale on 17:23 - Jan 10 with 5010 viewssandylaner1

gornell signs for dale on 17:07 - Jan 10 by ChaffRAFC

Anyway, to answer a question further up, I think I'm right in saying that we have the following contracted for next season:

Bobby Grant
George Donnelly
Josh Lillis

No, really, that's it.

I think.

gornell signs for dale on 17:30 - Jan 10 with 4981 viewsolympicdale

Bobby Grant
George Donnelly
Josh Lillis

No, really, that's it.

I think.

I think much of his signings werent seen as long term, more of going with what he knows, to help steady the ship after last season.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 4836 viewsShun

Pleased.

Now for the news we've all been Longing for.
gornell signs for dale on 18:33 - Jan 10 with 4818 viewsdingdangblue

gornell signs for dale on 17:30 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

I think much of his signings werent seen as long term, more of going with what he knows, to help steady the ship after last season.

3 signed up for next season and 2 of those haven't exactly crowned themselves in glory so far. If things didnt improve and Coleman was sacked I can't see Bobby hanging around either. Now I've heard of a 1 man team but never a 0 man team.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

gornell signs for dale on 18:40 - Jan 10 with 4790 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 18:33 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

3 signed up for next season and 2 of those haven't exactly crowned themselves in glory so far. If things didnt improve and Coleman was sacked I can't see Bobby hanging around either. Now I've heard of a 1 man team but never a 0 man team.

are you referring to Lillis in that, i dont see him as a weak link at all, i think recently hes getting more assertive in coming out and taking charge, im not too worried about his performances.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 18:48 - Jan 10 with 4773 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Bobby Grant
George Donnelly
Josh Lillis

No, really, that's it.

I think.

I suppose that it should be no surprise when you think how many of our current crop left Accy on a free at the end of their contract, before eventually joining us.

You would have thought that there would be some sort of news about the offering of new/extended contracts with so many out of contract players in the summer?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

gornell signs for dale on 19:00 - Jan 10 with 4729 viewsdingdangblue

gornell signs for dale on 18:40 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

are you referring to Lillis in that, i dont see him as a weak link at all, i think recently hes getting more assertive in coming out and taking charge, im not too worried about his performances.

I'm a Lillis fan but even I have to admit some of his decision making has been way off this season. Even in the past 2 games where he's improved he's still been caught in no mans land a couple of times but got away with it. Lets hope the 2nd half of the season will be a lot steadier.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024