Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham 11:16 - Jul 13 with 5035 viewswaveydave

Mohamed Al Fayed has ended his 16-year stint as Fulham owner by selling the club to Shahid Khan, owner of NFL side Jacksonville Jaguars.
Khan, 62, a billionaire car-parts entrepreneur, is the sixth American owner of a Premier League club.
During his time in charge, Egyptian Al Fayed, 84, took Fulham from the third tier to the top flight and into Europe.
"It has been a pleasure and privilege to be chairman of Fulham football club for 16 memorable years," he said.
Financial details of the takeover have yet to be officially disclosed, with media reports valuing the deal at between £150m and £200m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23297785
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 11:30 - Jul 13 with 5009 viewsNov77

Rodders was on talksport last night, reckons foolham will be challenging top 6 in a couple of years.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 11:51 - Jul 13 with 4989 viewsexiled_dictator

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 11:30 - Jul 13 by Nov77

Rodders was on talksport last night, reckons foolham will be challenging top 6 in a couple of years.

Thing is that there are now so many foreign owners in The Premiership.
They will all be putting more money into the system (players salaries, agents fees) and between themselves. But with the increased revenue via SKY, the rewards could be huge and far exceed the initial investment made.
So you will have a dozen or so clubs, all foreign owned, ploughing money in the hope that it is an investment with a return, all hoping to be top 6, where European football and the big bucks are.
Some clubs will succeed, others won't but the important thing is that the owners realise the gamble and are prepared to continue investing. Examples of Arsenal's Stan Kroenke and Aston Villa's Randy Lerner initial investment followed by total lack of investment has hurt the clubs & alienated the fans. It was left to Arsenal co-owner Alisher Usmanov claiming that money was available, and following it with huge transfer promises and bids in an attempt to get the fans back on side.
I can see the same happening at Fulham. They are already punching above their weight in The Premiership, and have no chance of becoming a top 6 club.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 12:34 - Jul 13 with 4926 viewsSpiritofGregory

He has a fortune of 2bn. Even though that's lots to your ordinary Joe it's not that much in football ownership terms. He has already used the word 'prudent'. He will probably run Fulham the same way Randy Lerner runs Villa.

Their fans were hoping for a takeover by the Kuwaiti Royal Family instead they got someone who looks like a baddie out of a Bollywood film. I wonder if the Wacko statue will survive his tenure, I reckon he should keep it, they go well together.

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 13:14 - Jul 13 with 4868 viewstimcocking

I dare not...
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 12:51 - Jul 14 with 4688 viewsChicken

Bit 'bitter' are we chaps? Third wealthiest individual owner in the Premier League, new stand about to go up, a ground and club you guys can only dream about. Right time to sell by Mo, we needed re-energising and will continue to evolve, rather than revolve.

Jags fans just have good things to say about Shahid, remember he made his billions from inventing something, rather than cutting up rivals in business. Brightest owner in football, without a doubt.
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 12:52 - Jul 14 with 4686 viewsClive_Anderson

Why would we be bitter? Honestly couldn't give a toss about Fulham.

In fact due to their location I don't mind them doing well since it takes supporters from those utter utter c*nts down the road who would otherwise have the whole area to themselves.
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 12:56 - Jul 14 with 4669 viewsBlackCrowe

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 12:51 - Jul 14 by Chicken

Bit 'bitter' are we chaps? Third wealthiest individual owner in the Premier League, new stand about to go up, a ground and club you guys can only dream about. Right time to sell by Mo, we needed re-energising and will continue to evolve, rather than revolve.

Jags fans just have good things to say about Shahid, remember he made his billions from inventing something, rather than cutting up rivals in business. Brightest owner in football, without a doubt.

LOL - Why on earth would we be bitter. We of all supporters know that moneybags owners do not guarantee success.

You should be good for plently more American-style free clacky things though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 13:09 - Jul 14 with 4654 viewsSpiritofGregory

£2bn is nothing in football terms. You also have to take into account that there are other clubs who don't have wealthier owners yet are much bigger clubs therefore will spend.

It will be business as usual at Fulham. Like someone on here said we know that money doesn't necessarily bring success and the combined fortune of our owners makes Khan's fortune look like chicken feed.

Just another Randy Leaner.
Login to get fewer ads

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 13:10 - Jul 14 with 4655 viewsQPR442

Why would we be bitter?
Always said Fulham have done well in the Prem but I really couldn't give a toss about them. Back in the 80's you never existed and we couldn't care less about you.
Maybe your 'evolving' might include your away support as that hasn't 'evolved' in 30 years? You might take down that statue as well because we don't 'dream of that' but maybe you do?
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 13:27 - Jul 14 with 4640 viewsMedwayR

Bitter about what? I think you need to realise that we really don't care much about Fulham.

Also, what did he invent??? As far as I'm aware he grew & merged auto parts companies, and why would inventing something make him a better football club chairman?!?

Poll: Who’s better?

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 18:20 - Jul 14 with 4586 viewstimcocking

The only thing that worries me is that he might remove the statue of Micheal Jackson.
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 19:09 - Jul 14 with 4562 viewsJuzzie

Lol. Another Fulham fan who calls us all bitter because they don't have a clue what they are talking about.
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 19:13 - Jul 14 with 4558 viewshoopstilidie

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 18:20 - Jul 14 by timcocking

The only thing that worries me is that he might remove the statue of Micheal Jackson.

Al Fathead has made it a condition of the sale that the statue stays.
And no I'm not making it up..

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 16:23 - Jul 15 with 4465 viewsChicken

You don't care but you're talking about us on here.

Hmmmm!
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 16:26 - Jul 15 with 4461 viewsdaveB

far from bitter, all sounds great but the chicken farmers at Blackburn sounded good when they came in as well.
Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 17:21 - Jul 15 with 4446 viewsJuzzie

Mohamed Al Fayed sells Fulham on 16:23 - Jul 15 by Chicken

You don't care but you're talking about us on here.

Hmmmm!

What's wrong with that? A club that's nearby and most people probably know Fulham fans (I do) gets bought out after 16 years of ownership that took the club from nowhere to where it is today.

No one's being bitter, some people are happy to talk about it, some people don't want to or can't be bothered.

Why do Fulham fans like yourself seem intent on putting words into people's mouths and just because a few people say they don't care, you assume everyone else doesn't either and start throwing accusations and snide digs around?

I was on the "Cottage Corner" forum last summer and the amount of QPR threads was unbelivable. Covering all manner of things. The only people who seemed bitter were the Fulham fans. You could detect they were worried that we might make some kind of a success of it. Luckiliy for those lot we did a great job of fking it right up.
There were even a few decent ones who were a) pi$$ed off with the amount of QPR threads and b) acknowledged they were the ones coming across bitter.

We have three three Fulham related threads on here, all about the same thing; the sale. That's more to do with people not being able to keep one subject matter on one thread rather than anything else.

Why the need for this? Why can't you just have a decent chat or do you get off on being a wummer?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024