Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loyalty 15:54 - Aug 13 with 3175 viewscore

I've always focused on player loyalty and non-financial ambition.

I love players like Agger, who proudly shows the Liverpool motto "You'll never walk alone" on his fists.

Manchester United is another example of dedication, with the reign of Sir Alex Ferguson and players such as Giggs, Ferdinand and Scholes playing for the club an entire era.

This article put loyalty into a new perspective however:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1736144-the-bafetimbi-gomis-saga-proves-its-e

I've often considered the player/manager loyalty, but to what extend can one demand such loyalty? Every year players are discarded for the better of the club, either through trimming of the squad or the wage bill.

The concept of football-contracts is a mess, and though the spotlight often turns to selfish players, the respect and reason of clubs are seldom questioned.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 15:57]
Loyalty on 16:25 - Aug 13 with 3112 viewsJokeren1943

Loyality is something you have in your heart - not something your wear on the outside.
Loyalty on 17:55 - Aug 13 with 3023 viewsmikraswan

Need I say more?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 17:55]

Success is temporary - loyalty is forever...

Loyalty on 20:48 - Aug 13 with 2863 viewscore

Loyalty on 16:25 - Aug 13 by Jokeren1943

Loyality is something you have in your heart - not something your wear on the outside.

Valid point indeed, though appearance is often a clear indication of conviction, opinion and taste.

My point is rather different however.

Swansea's success is often bestowed on the fan commitment, which reaches all the way to the board.

We all want our managers and players to feel the same commitment and loyalty to our club as we do ourselves (which is quite a contradiction to the condescending reference of plastics in regard to new fans on this forum).

The feelings of bitterness and betrayal seems natural, when our legends in the making leaves our beloved club on their own will (the disrespect of previous managers when mentioned on this forum clearly shows my point).

I find this club very respectful and reasonable, but when reading articles like the one I linked to, I cannot help wonder how the players' rights are preserved. Our own Alex (Pozuelo) spend most of last season on the bench to punish him because he wouldn't sign a new contract, yet he hadn't really done anything wrong (depending on how you perceive it of cause). Assuming this article is somewhat accurate, the amount of pressure put on Gomis has been absolutely absurd!

Spoiled star-players often find the headlines, though the majority of players struggle to reach their potential in time, before their rather short carrier ends, maybe even prematurely due to injuries.

I was just wondering if people are too quick to judge players and managers for that matter, while clubs use all means however dishonest to reach their own goals.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 22:02]
Loyalty on 20:59 - Aug 13 with 2843 viewsJokeren1943

Loyalty on 20:48 - Aug 13 by core

Valid point indeed, though appearance is often a clear indication of conviction, opinion and taste.

My point is rather different however.

Swansea's success is often bestowed on the fan commitment, which reaches all the way to the board.

We all want our managers and players to feel the same commitment and loyalty to our club as we do ourselves (which is quite a contradiction to the condescending reference of plastics in regard to new fans on this forum).

The feelings of bitterness and betrayal seems natural, when our legends in the making leaves our beloved club on their own will (the disrespect of previous managers when mentioned on this forum clearly shows my point).

I find this club very respectful and reasonable, but when reading articles like the one I linked to, I cannot help wonder how the players' rights are preserved. Our own Alex (Pozuelo) spend most of last season on the bench to punish him because he wouldn't sign a new contract, yet he hadn't really done anything wrong (depending on how you perceive it of cause). Assuming this article is somewhat accurate, the amount of pressure put on Gomis has been absolutely absurd!

Spoiled star-players often find the headlines, though the majority of players struggle to reach their potential in time, before their rather short carrier ends, maybe even prematurely due to injuries.

I was just wondering if people are too quick to judge players and managers for that matter, while clubs use all means however dishonest to reach their own goals.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 22:02]

You can't buy loyalty. Most professional players are from they are age 16 too 35 though 5-6 clubs. They can't be loyal to everyone of them.

They get paid to work hard and do their best. If they feel anything els it is a bonus.

Fans can allow themselves to be loyal!.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 21:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024