Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki moving 20:32 - Aug 31 with 8665 viewsGoodGodAlive

Am I the only one concerned that, as the club has an extra 12 games to come, we are loaning out a player to a rival like Sunderland?

Ki moving on 20:35 - Aug 31 with 8648 viewsmonmouth

You sure are. Apart from everyone who has said so on the other threads obviously.

Sorry that was unnecessarily sarky. No, you're not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ki moving on 20:37 - Aug 31 with 8643 viewsGoodGodAlive

Ki moving on 20:35 - Aug 31 by monmouth

You sure are. Apart from everyone who has said so on the other threads obviously.

Sorry that was unnecessarily sarky. No, you're not.

Sorry, I really should have read down the board. Haha. Thick as pig poo I am.
Ki moving on 03:32 - Sep 2 with 8424 viewshooplehead

kiisgod is infesting the sunderland forums with her ki love in

genuinely amusing thread this

some of the comments are priceless

she seems to have cheered the mackems up no end......they'll soon tire of her

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ki-sung-yueng.804800/
Ki moving on 07:20 - Sep 2 with 8359 viewsgibs0n

ML said in an interview that we have 5 players for these 2 central places.

So if Ki want to play regular, he better move on. Laudrup also said in the interview that he believe there is a recall option after christmas.
Ki moving on 07:49 - Sep 2 with 8309 viewscore

Ki moving on 03:32 - Sep 2 by hooplehead

kiisgod is infesting the sunderland forums with her ki love in

genuinely amusing thread this

some of the comments are priceless

she seems to have cheered the mackems up no end......they'll soon tire of her

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ki-sung-yueng.804800/

ROFL - not hearing a single word the wife says all morning because of a thread like this can release a lot of anger
Ki moving on 07:52 - Sep 2 with 8302 viewsyescomeon

Not too happy about this at all, only plus is I don't think he'll be a success at Sunderland.

Upthecity!

Ki moving on 08:16 - Sep 2 with 8247 viewsairedale

I'm sorry to see hime go, even on loan, as I think that he is a very good player.

What gets me about him going to Sunderland, is the fact that he is a well educated and adjusted young man, who is now going to be subjected to the regime [and ravings] of someone who is a sandwich short of a picnic.
Ki moving on 08:19 - Sep 2 with 8240 viewscore

Ki moving on 07:52 - Sep 2 by yescomeon

Not too happy about this at all, only plus is I don't think he'll be a success at Sunderland.

Me neither, but as the link states, he's probably a bit of a Ki-madonna. A loan might mature him and do him good.

With the possibility of bringing him back in 6 months, we don't have much to loose.
Login to get fewer ads

Ki moving on 08:16 - Sep 3 with 8019 viewsRamblinJack

I'm trusting ML and Huw but when that said I would have prefered to keep Ki and give him play time. He was used quite deep last season and I think he has a lot to offer in a more advanced role.

On the other hand, if he gets a lot of play time in Sunderland it might not be so bad an arrangement when and if he eventually returns.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 8:19]
Ki moving on 10:08 - Sep 3 with 7931 viewsLaudrup

"Laudrup also said in the interview that he believe there is a recall option after christmas."

I believe there always is a January recall option in PL to PL season long loan deals.

I hate signatures

Ki moving on 12:20 - Sep 3 with 7798 viewsJackFish

I said the same thing last week. With the amount of games we've got from now until christmas, I think we'd have been better off keeping Ki and giving him some game time in Europe/League Cup.

That said, with Shelvey, Cañas, Britton and de Guzman we've still got plenty of options for the two deeper midfield places.
Ki moving on 12:46 - Sep 3 with 7749 viewsEVH

Ki has been utter rubbish, for us.

If I didn't think we'd need the extra body for the extra games, I would have been disappointed that we didn't sell him. If a loan spell can improve him, then all the better.

Too happy to pass the ball backwards at the first sign of trouble, and bottles a lot of challenges. We've got better.

kiisgod's constant defence of him is embaressing too.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 15:47]
Ki moving on 07:18 - Sep 5 with 7363 viewsYoungGun

Ki moving on 12:46 - Sep 3 by EVH

Ki has been utter rubbish, for us.

If I didn't think we'd need the extra body for the extra games, I would have been disappointed that we didn't sell him. If a loan spell can improve him, then all the better.

Too happy to pass the ball backwards at the first sign of trouble, and bottles a lot of challenges. We've got better.

kiisgod's constant defence of him is embaressing too.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 15:47]

Apparently many fans here and someone at skysports disagree with you, you ignorant scum who can only utter hogwash and probably sees the glass half empty in just about everything else.

"Indeed, it is a little surprising that the South Korea international has been allowed to leave the Liberty Stadium after playing an important role last season. He enjoyed the best pass completion rate of any Premier League player - more Leon Britton than Leon Britton, it seems."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8905831/best-of-the-rest
Ki moving on 08:12 - Sep 5 with 7333 viewsLaudrup

Ki moving on 07:18 - Sep 5 by YoungGun

Apparently many fans here and someone at skysports disagree with you, you ignorant scum who can only utter hogwash and probably sees the glass half empty in just about everything else.

"Indeed, it is a little surprising that the South Korea international has been allowed to leave the Liberty Stadium after playing an important role last season. He enjoyed the best pass completion rate of any Premier League player - more Leon Britton than Leon Britton, it seems."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8905831/best-of-the-rest

Pass completion rate doesn't really tell anything about how good a player is.
There's centre backs in the pass completion rate top 10. That doesn't mean they are top 10 passers of the ball, it just means they make the easiest passes, often with no opponent close by and often back or side passes to the keeper or a defender.

Swansea's most creative players like Pablo Hernandez will never have the highest pass completion rate as he's very ambitious with his passes and often tries to make killer passes that splits the defense and creates chances. Sometimes it pays off, but often you loose possession by taking that risk. But he could easily get a much higher pass completion rate if he always just looked for the simple pass, but then he wouldn't create as much. It also easier to have high pass completion rates when you play further back, where there's bigger gaps between the opponent's players.

Like Laudrup said: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/aug/17/michael-laudrup-swansea-philosop

"When I see a game on the television," says Laudrup, "and you see afterwards 'possession percentage 60-40', that doesn't say anything for me because it could be that one team is playing the ball between the back four 120 times. It's the same as when someone says, 'Look, one of the central defenders had 98% good passes'. Yeah, but it was from here to there [five yards apart]. For me, possession is to keep the ball while you are waiting for the possibility to penetrate. Every pass is for a reason."

I hate signatures

Ki moving on 06:16 - Sep 6 with 7132 viewsYoungGun

Accurate passes and team possessions are apples and oranges. So far this season those pinpoint passes are miserably lacking only to be reflected on the table or at the bottom of the table... and another thing only 3 matches but the new guys don't play well with Michu. If I were a diehard Swansea fan I'd be worrying. It could be a long season ahead.
Ki moving on 09:00 - Sep 6 with 7059 viewsJackSomething

Ki moving on 06:16 - Sep 6 by YoungGun

Accurate passes and team possessions are apples and oranges. So far this season those pinpoint passes are miserably lacking only to be reflected on the table or at the bottom of the table... and another thing only 3 matches but the new guys don't play well with Michu. If I were a diehard Swansea fan I'd be worrying. It could be a long season ahead.

According to your beloved Sky Sports, Ki made 18 key passes in the whole of last season. Michu made 7 against West Brom alone. Doesn't really support your theory of him not playing well with the new players.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ki moving on 09:05 - Sep 6 with 7046 viewsmonmouth

Ki moving on 06:16 - Sep 6 by YoungGun

But you're not, so why not just just f**k off and follow your hero? Sunderheil's season will be a lot longer than ours, especially if they're relying on Ki to save them.

I had high hopes of Ki. He didn't deliver. I still hope he does something for us in the future, but on what he's showed us so far I wouldn't pay tuppence, never mind £5.5m. He owed us a lot for paying that; he delivered zilch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ki moving on 12:18 - Sep 6 with 6970 viewsSenhin

We have 12 extra games, but instead of having Ki/Leon/geGuzman sharing 2 positions between them, and a lot of the time Michu as a striker so sharing 3 positions with the odd cameo from Kemy, no. I think we will be able to cope with this more than we could cope with last years games, fitness wise.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024