Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? 06:37 - Sep 14 with 5605 viewshooplehead

Here's an opinion that seems fairly typical on the RAWK match thread......

That is true, i saw them in the match against the Mancs. They were nowhere as good as when Brendan was manager there. I also think that Shelvey playing has really weakened them as he was trying to be the playmaker 'Gerrard' role and he is nowhere good enough to play that role.

I always rated him as a footballer but now i understand why Brendan feels he is not suitable for our side.
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 06:55 - Sep 14 with 5588 viewsWarwickHunt

Aaah ay la, dem knowledgeable Scousers know dey football eh?

F*cking divs...
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 08:17 - Sep 14 with 5494 viewsFalseTeeth

That is definitely NOT the prevailing opinion. I think most Liverpool fans believe ML has built upon the base left by Rodgers in the same way the Rodgers built on the side he inherited from Martinez. An improved league showing and a cup in the bag shows that. I don't think either BR or ML would have achieved what they did with the club without their inheritance. ML wouldn't have had the spends to bring in certain players without BR, but Rodgers wouldn't have had the platform from which to build a sustained assault on promotion and staying in the league if it wasn't for RM. Fair?

As for Shelvey, I'd say Liverpool fans know a bit more about him than your good selves. He's quality and utter shit all wrapped up in one bundle. If you can get more of the former, you'll have a very good player. If you can't smooth the rough edges, you'll have an inconsistent player.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 9:16]
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 08:50 - Sep 14 with 5426 viewsJackanapes

Who is BL? Did you mean BLT? The hairyrapi..uh.. cornflake?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 08:57 - Sep 14 with 5400 viewsWarwickHunt

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 08:50 - Sep 14 by Jackanapes

Who is BL? Did you mean BLT? The hairyrapi..uh.. cornflake?

Errrm - dat's dat Brian Laudrup fella wot manages yer team licccchhhhhkkkke .

We Scousers know our football ay laaaa ... *takes hand out of trackie bottom pocket and gives a Macca thumbs up*

Tw@t.
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:15 - Sep 14 with 5356 viewsFalseTeeth

Whatever you do, don't discuss the content of my post, pick up the typo. Sorry, I'm so used to typing BR that it's natural. Back to the post? No. Okay. Carry on about how stupid I am because I support a different team to you. Maybe go with my lack of employment.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 9:17]
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:23 - Sep 14 with 5322 viewsMattG

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:15 - Sep 14 by FalseTeeth

Whatever you do, don't discuss the content of my post, pick up the typo. Sorry, I'm so used to typing BR that it's natural. Back to the post? No. Okay. Carry on about how stupid I am because I support a different team to you. Maybe go with my lack of employment.

Given the number of times the so-called media called our manager Brian last season, it's little wonder you were picked up on it, more so as you seemed to want to appear informed and insightful ;o)

I think what you say is reasonable enough given the Club's renowned approach of picking a new manager to suit the Club's philosophy and build on what has gone before rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater as so often happens elsewhere.

As for Shelvey, I doubt there are many 21 year olds in the PL that aren't at least a bit infuriating in terms of consistency - even Wilshere has been taking pelters for his England performance in midweek. I certainly agree that there looks to be a decent player in there that is sometimes struggling to get out - hopefully working with one of the best midfielders ever to play the game will help Jonjo develop into a top player.
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:41 - Sep 14 with 5281 viewsjohnlangy

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:23 - Sep 14 by MattG

Given the number of times the so-called media called our manager Brian last season, it's little wonder you were picked up on it, more so as you seemed to want to appear informed and insightful ;o)

I think what you say is reasonable enough given the Club's renowned approach of picking a new manager to suit the Club's philosophy and build on what has gone before rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater as so often happens elsewhere.

As for Shelvey, I doubt there are many 21 year olds in the PL that aren't at least a bit infuriating in terms of consistency - even Wilshere has been taking pelters for his England performance in midweek. I certainly agree that there looks to be a decent player in there that is sometimes struggling to get out - hopefully working with one of the best midfielders ever to play the game will help Jonjo develop into a top player.

A sensible response. Well done Matt.

John
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:43 - Sep 14 with 5271 viewsWarwickHunt

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:15 - Sep 14 by FalseTeeth

I'll stop stereotyping when you give me back my f*cking hubcaps.
Login to get fewer ads

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 09:56 - Sep 14 with 5224 viewsWarwickHunt

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 08:17 - Sep 14 by FalseTeeth

That is definitely NOT the prevailing opinion. I think most Liverpool fans believe ML has built upon the base left by Rodgers in the same way the Rodgers built on the side he inherited from Martinez. An improved league showing and a cup in the bag shows that. I don't think either BR or ML would have achieved what they did with the club without their inheritance. ML wouldn't have had the spends to bring in certain players without BR, but Rodgers wouldn't have had the platform from which to build a sustained assault on promotion and staying in the league if it wasn't for RM. Fair?

As for Shelvey, I'd say Liverpool fans know a bit more about him than your good selves. He's quality and utter shit all wrapped up in one bundle. If you can get more of the former, you'll have a very good player. If you can't smooth the rough edges, you'll have an inconsistent player.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 9:16]

Seriously though...we've appointed the right managers on the last few occasions and they've all played their part ( yes, even Sousa). ML has taken us up a level - he seems to be more tactically astute than Rodgers who was a bit one dimensional to say the least. Maybe that will change with the players he now has at his disposal.

Wasn't Shelvey played out of position a lot under Rodgers? He seems to prefer a deeper lying role than the more attacking one he had at Liverpool. What are your views on BR playing people out of position - Borini out wide was baffling to Swans fans.
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 10:14 - Sep 14 with 5173 viewsFalseTeeth

Strange you say he's a bit one dimensional tactically. He's getting a load of praise for adjusting his tactics to get results between January and now, especially so far this season. You're right, he has a bit more money and lots of different players (although, many were dross until we booted them recently) so that might have allowed him a bit more flexibility.

Shelvey has pretty much been praised for his attacking ability and laughed at for his defensive ability. He lacked the positional qualities to cope with that role when he was with us. Your man above might well be right, having ML tutoring him won't hurt in that regard. If he can get another 20% out of him, he'll be a quality player when he gets a bit more experienced.
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 10:21 - Sep 14 with 5159 viewsmonmouth

"He's quality and utter shit all wrapped up in one bundle"

To be fair, I think that's what we've seen in a tiny tiny sample so far, with the utter s**t coming against the two top teams. Whether that's a trend we will see, but he's young enough to take a chance on, and I think he'll suit us well in our own 'mini-league'. I expect him to try hard to prove his point on Monday night, just hope he keeps a lid on it.

I think he'll come good. In terms of the BR/ML debate, I think the fact that nobody in their right mind in Swansea would replace ML with BR takes any debate out of it.

Edit: I suspect he's only 'varied his tactics' because Gerrard et al wouldn't put up with his initial attempts to play his dossier game. Changing his tactics simply admits his "philosophy" (sic) is wrong.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 10:24]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? (n/t) on 10:21 - Sep 14 with 5157 viewsperchrockjack

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 10:23 - Sep 14 with 5151 viewsperchrockjack

I wouldn't personally trust anyone who admits to driving vehicle with hub caps

Oh and stay the feck out of Liverpool next Feb,youkunts,

I might be arsed an go meself

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 11:04 - Sep 14 with 5066 viewspencoedjack

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 10:21 - Sep 14 by monmouth

"He's quality and utter shit all wrapped up in one bundle"

To be fair, I think that's what we've seen in a tiny tiny sample so far, with the utter s**t coming against the two top teams. Whether that's a trend we will see, but he's young enough to take a chance on, and I think he'll suit us well in our own 'mini-league'. I expect him to try hard to prove his point on Monday night, just hope he keeps a lid on it.

I think he'll come good. In terms of the BR/ML debate, I think the fact that nobody in their right mind in Swansea would replace ML with BR takes any debate out of it.

Edit: I suspect he's only 'varied his tactics' because Gerrard et al wouldn't put up with his initial attempts to play his dossier game. Changing his tactics simply admits his "philosophy" (sic) is wrong.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 10:24]

'I think he'll come good. In terms of the BR/ML debate, I think the fact that nobody in their right mind in Swansea would replace ML with BR takes any debate out of it. '

We replaced Brenda with ML got 7 million for him and Pascoe, plus the Scallies paid us 15 million for Joey .... anyone who doesn't agree needs locking up.

Rogers will be found out at Liverpool, he has far more to thank us for than we have him.

Cant stand the bloke.
prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 20:39 - Sep 14 with 4627 viewsperchrockjack

I
thought as you did but we may be wrong.No harm in that

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 21:13 - Sep 14 with 4568 viewsVetchitBack

Why is it when an opposition fan comes on here and is seemingly respectful, knowledge and decent some of our lot see it as a cue to embarrass themselves with their pathetic cyber-warrior bravado?

The human race never fails to confuse me.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 21:26 - Sep 14 with 4531 viewsunion_jack

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 21:13 - Sep 14 by VetchitBack

Why is it when an opposition fan comes on here and is seemingly respectful, knowledge and decent some of our lot see it as a cue to embarrass themselves with their pathetic cyber-warrior bravado?

The human race never fails to confuse me.

Beat me to it. Must be very insecure individuals.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

prevailing liverpool opinion...agree? on 05:23 - Sep 15 with 4277 viewsLord_Bony

Nail.hammer.head

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024