Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
24 hours on from that great result 18:31 - Sep 20 with 11855 viewsdgt73

Where does that result stand in scfc's history. I know the hull and reading games were more important, but I think last night was a special night in our history.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

24 hours on from that great result on 18:40 - Sep 20 with 6522 viewsOldjack

yes it was a fantastic result ,but............... i watched them get ripped a new arsehole last weekend ,they are on their arses atm on and off the pitch ,that sort of took a slight edge off it for me
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 19:05]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

24 hours on from that great result on 18:42 - Sep 20 with 6512 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 18:40 - Sep 20 by Oldjack

yes it was a fantastic result ,but............... i watched them get ripped a new arsehole last weekend ,they are on their arses atm on and off the pitch ,that sort of took a slight edge off it for me
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 19:05]

Take a bigger edge off it if we don't get something on Sunday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

24 hours on from that great result on 18:51 - Sep 20 with 6481 viewsPozuelosSideys

24 hours on from that great result on 18:42 - Sep 20 by Darran

Take a bigger edge off it if we don't get something on Sunday.

This

However, if we get a result on Sunday itll have been a bloody good week. Back playing the way we can play, Bony in the goals, Michu too. 4 points, a win in Europe and top half of the Prem. Bargain.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

24 hours on from that great result on 19:00 - Sep 20 with 6444 viewsVetchitBack

I'm sorry but I struggle to see this as THAT special. We're a decent Premier League team who beat a decent La Liga team with a big name.

We're not little ole Swansea any more. This is not to say I didn't enjoy it immensely.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 19:01]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

24 hours on from that great result on 19:06 - Sep 20 with 6397 viewsairedale

Not losing the first play-off leg against Forest when Neil taylor got sent off early in the game was a biggy too
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 19:07]
24 hours on from that great result on 19:25 - Sep 20 with 6329 viewsRamblinJack

The biggest game ever will be when we outplay and win the final against Barcelona next year.
24 hours on from that great result on 19:40 - Sep 20 with 6290 viewsDr_Winston

24 hours on from that great result on 19:00 - Sep 20 by VetchitBack

I'm sorry but I struggle to see this as THAT special. We're a decent Premier League team who beat a decent La Liga team with a big name.

We're not little ole Swansea any more. This is not to say I didn't enjoy it immensely.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 19:01]

Tend to agree.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

24 hours on from that great result on 20:18 - Sep 20 with 6202 viewsPureRockFury

Last night felt like a bit of a holiday from real football - as brilliant a result as it was. I didn't really feel massively bothered by it, as strange as that sounds. I was watching on TV and when Bony scored I just raised my fist rather casually and didn't emit a sound. If I'm watching a game in the Premiership, live or on TV I go f*cking mental when we score.

I'm sure the whole experience was amazing for fans and players/staff, but in the great scheme of things it's just 1/6th of a group campaign in a much-derided competition against a once great team on its knees who were down to 10 men for most of the game.

It was a wonderful night, but...didn;t feel 'proper' enough to me to really put it amongst the great nights. Maybe I'm just odd.

Even the bad times were good.

Login to get fewer ads

24 hours on from that great result on 20:21 - Sep 20 with 6190 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 20:18 - Sep 20 by PureRockFury

Last night felt like a bit of a holiday from real football - as brilliant a result as it was. I didn't really feel massively bothered by it, as strange as that sounds. I was watching on TV and when Bony scored I just raised my fist rather casually and didn't emit a sound. If I'm watching a game in the Premiership, live or on TV I go f*cking mental when we score.

I'm sure the whole experience was amazing for fans and players/staff, but in the great scheme of things it's just 1/6th of a group campaign in a much-derided competition against a once great team on its knees who were down to 10 men for most of the game.

It was a wonderful night, but...didn;t feel 'proper' enough to me to really put it amongst the great nights. Maybe I'm just odd.

I agree with all that.

24 hours on from that great result on 20:31 - Sep 20 with 6160 viewsJackbustard

To be honest I wasn't really that bothered about how we got on last night, came over for the whole experience of a European trip. But once we got caught up in the atmosphere of the whole event. The ground, their fans the city it just seem to make the occasion massive for everyone there.

It was even more surreal coming out of the ground thinking of what we had just achieved. For me one of the best nights I have ever had following the Swans.
24 hours on from that great result on 07:50 - Sep 21 with 5966 views1983

24 hours on from that great result on 20:21 - Sep 20 by Darran

I agree with all that.

Hmmmmmm

Both of you weren't there funny that

Yes before you get on your high horse I've been to away games (* pick a lower league northern team on a tuesday night),stood in crowds on less than 2,000 at the Vetch,marched down Oxford street "Petty Out"

Thursday night was mind blowing walking around Valencia seeing Swansea City fans every where,walking around the corner and seeing that giant of a stadium Mestalla with about 1,000 jacks drinking and singing outside it and then going on smashing Valencia CF 0-3

Biggest day in the history for SCFC bar none

Just be happy for your fella supporters they were there to witness it
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 8:15]

24 hours on from that great result on 07:56 - Sep 21 with 5946 viewsLord_Bony

24 hours on from that great result on 07:50 - Sep 21 by 1983

Hmmmmmm

Yes before you get on your high horse I've been to away games (* pick a lower league northern team on a tuesday night),stood in crowds on less than 2,000 at the Vetch,marched down Oxford street "Petty Out"

Thursday night was mind blowing walking around Valencia seeing Swansea City fans every where,walking around the corner and seeing that giant of a stadium Mestalla with about 1,000 jacks drinking and singing outside it and then going on smashing Valencia CF 0-3

I agree with all that

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

24 hours on from that great result on 08:05 - Sep 21 with 5935 viewsdgt73

Hmmmmmm

Your 100% right, its funny those who say it was nothing special were not out there.

24 hours on from that great result on 08:25 - Sep 21 with 5919 viewsJackbustard

24 hours on from that great result on 08:05 - Sep 21 by dgt73

Your 100% right, its funny those who say it was nothing special were not out there.

24 hours on from that great result on 08:45 - Sep 21 with 5885 viewsDarran

Hmmmmmm

It wasn't the biggest day in the history of SCFC full stop.
I've absolutely no doubt it was a special feeling and an amazing atmosphere but biggest day no chance.

If we don't get something tomorrow it won't mean much at all that's how big it is especially as the next game will be Arsenal.

24 hours on from that great result on 08:48 - Sep 21 with 5871 views1983

24 hours on from that great result on 08:45 - Sep 21 by Darran

It wasn't the biggest day in the history of SCFC full stop.
I've absolutely no doubt it was a special feeling and an amazing atmosphere but biggest day no chance.

If we don't get something tomorrow it won't mean much at all that's how big it is especially as the next game will be Arsenal.

Rubbish Darran for whatever reason you weren't there....deal with it full stop

24 hours on from that great result on 08:57 - Sep 21 with 5846 viewsUxbridge

I seriously don't understand those who weren't ridiculously excited by Thursday's result. Guess you had to be there....

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

24 hours on from that great result on 08:59 - Sep 21 with 5842 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 08:48 - Sep 21 by 1983

Rubbish Darran for whatever reason you weren't there....deal with it full stop

What's me not being there got to do with it I've just said it must have been a special atmosphere or are you missing that bit out on purpose?
We've beaten several CL teams over the last couple of years f*ck me we even beat the CL champions.
This is not the biggest game in our history and if we don't get anything tomorrow it won't even measure on Richter scale for most people with a brain cell.

24 hours on from that great result on 09:01 - Sep 21 with 5834 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 08:57 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

I seriously don't understand those who weren't ridiculously excited by Thursday's result. Guess you had to be there....

Still not the biggest game/result in our history though.

24 hours on from that great result on 09:18 - Sep 21 with 5791 viewsdgt73

24 hours on from that great result on 08:59 - Sep 21 by Darran

What's me not being there got to do with it I've just said it must have been a special atmosphere or are you missing that bit out on purpose?
We've beaten several CL teams over the last couple of years f*ck me we even beat the CL champions.
This is not the biggest game in our history and if we don't get anything tomorrow it won't even measure on Richter scale for most people with a brain cell.

Tomorrow's result has nothing to do with Thursday in terms of where it stands in great results in scfc's history. Yes we have beaten chelsea man city arsenal in the last couple of season and yes we have played in europe before, but for me personally that result is up there with any other result in our history.

24 hours on from that great result on 09:21 - Sep 21 with 5783 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 09:18 - Sep 21 by dgt73

Tomorrow's result has nothing to do with Thursday in terms of where it stands in great results in scfc's history. Yes we have beaten chelsea man city arsenal in the last couple of season and yes we have played in europe before, but for me personally that result is up there with any other result in our history.

Not the biggest though.

24 hours on from that great result on 09:24 - Sep 21 with 5765 viewsbargoedjack

Fantastic result and performance, against an iconic but not currently great team. Wish I'd been there.

Still wish I had watched the game from the bookies ...

Sure I saw our odds were 24/5 before the game ... money on the win would have been a good start ...

Then at half time we had Ray Winstone telling us to bet on Swansea to win 3-0 in game betting at 12/1 ... another decent bet there would have done nicely ...

Then just after the game William Hill throws up the fact: "A Spurs player has scored a brace in each of their last 3 games in Europe": Bet on Defoe to score two or more at 4/1.

If I ever get a time machine. I'm going to the Mestalla and sending my wife down the bookies with all our money ....
24 hours on from that great result on 09:25 - Sep 21 with 5758 views1983

Most important game in our history.....no never and there will be more
Biggest & Best game in our history.......yes without a shadow of doubt

I seen old friends,good friends and even people I'm not that keen on and I'm glad for them they were all there

Like you said you were at home proping up this site while the big man was have a whoopie like the rest of us

24 hours on from that great result (n/t) (n/t) on 09:27 - Sep 21 with 5755 views1983

24 hours on from that great result on 09:24 - Sep 21 by bargoedjack

Fantastic result and performance, against an iconic but not currently great team. Wish I'd been there.

Still wish I had watched the game from the bookies ...

Sure I saw our odds were 24/5 before the game ... money on the win would have been a good start ...

Then at half time we had Ray Winstone telling us to bet on Swansea to win 3-0 in game betting at 12/1 ... another decent bet there would have done nicely ...

Then just after the game William Hill throws up the fact: "A Spurs player has scored a brace in each of their last 3 games in Europe": Bet on Defoe to score two or more at 4/1.

If I ever get a time machine. I'm going to the Mestalla and sending my wife down the bookies with all our money ....

[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 9:27]

24 hours on from that great result on 09:29 - Sep 21 with 5731 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Simply the most amazing experience ive ever had following the swans. We schooled one of the biggest names in world football at the Mestalla.

The last few days are what football is all about.

Loved every minute

Poll: What would you rather see.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024