Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Titanic sub 18:08 - Jun 19 with 5041 viewsbritferry

Gone missing with 5 on-board.

Tickets cost up to $250,000.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Titanic sub on 18:36 - Jun 19 with 2953 viewsSullutaCreturned

|I heard this on the car radio, it doesn't look good. Over 9 hours since they heard anything, thye'd be running out of air by now.
Titanic sub on 13:47 - Jun 20 with 2798 viewsKeithHaynes

Even a google of this submarine should tell anyone it’s a fifty fifty shout of it breaking down.

No matter how much money these people have got it means nothing today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Titanic sub on 13:50 - Jun 20 with 2794 viewsJohnw102

Don't care how much money I had, no way would I spend any of it to sit in a tin tube to go down 2 miles to see a sunken ship. Hope they are found safe.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Titanic sub on 14:55 - Jun 20 with 2763 viewsGixerJack

They just interviewed a bloke on the news that did the trip last year, he said we all knew the risk before getting on board because the waiver we signed mentioned death three times on the first page
Titanic sub on 15:30 - Jun 20 with 2740 viewsBoundy

Titanic sub on 14:55 - Jun 20 by GixerJack

They just interviewed a bloke on the news that did the trip last year, he said we all knew the risk before getting on board because the waiver we signed mentioned death three times on the first page

and yet it only occurs once ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Titanic sub on 20:13 - Jun 20 with 2644 viewsAnotherJohn

Titanic sub on 15:30 - Jun 20 by Boundy

They don't want to miss out on the Buddhist market!
Titanic sub on 20:45 - Jun 20 with 2615 viewsSullutaCreturned

Titanic sub on 15:30 - Jun 20 by Boundy

No mun, you only live twice,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-65886245
Titanic sub on 21:10 - Jun 20 with 2600 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Perhaps it hit an iceberg? 🤷‍♂️

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Titanic sub on 21:19 - Jun 20 with 2585 viewsKilkennyjack

Titanic sub on 13:50 - Jun 20 by Johnw102

Don't care how much money I had, no way would I spend any of it to sit in a tin tube to go down 2 miles to see a sunken ship. Hope they are found safe.

Agreed.
They could have bought the Swans instead.

I hope they are all found safe and well.

Beware of the Risen People

Titanic sub on 07:40 - Jun 21 with 2503 viewstheloneranger

"Underwater noises have been detected by a Canadian aircraft in the search area for the missing submersible, according to the US Coast Guard. Searches yielded negative results but will continue. The data has been shared with the US Navy experts for further analysis, the Coast Guard said.

Search crews have heard banging sounds at 30-minute intervals, according to US media. CNN and Rolling Stone cited internal government memos saying banging had been detected, and reported that after additional devices were deployed four hours later, noises were still heard. The memos did not clarify when on Tuesday the banging was heard, or for how long.

The Explorers Club, of which two passengers in the missing sub are members, says there is “cause for hope” based on field data, asserting that “likely signs of life have been detected at the site”.

The submersible’s hatch appears to be bolted from the outside. So even if the sub has surfaced and is spotted by search operations, the danger is not over, as the crew inside would still need to rely on emergency oxygen to breathe until the hatch is opened by rescue teams.

The Titan crew is estimated to be down to about 30 hours of breathable air. "

Experts reckon it takes any rescue "sub" approx 8 hours to reach the sea bed, and there's only a 1% chance of getting them out alive!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Titanic sub on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 2477 views1983

Titanic sub on 13:50 - Jun 20 by Johnw102

The thing is when you got all the money in the world people don't say no to you and you think you're invincible. On the flip side why the fleck would you even want to go down there?

Titanic sub on 11:11 - Jun 21 with 2436 viewsbritferry

Titanic sub on 09:20 - Jun 21 by 1983

The thing is when you got all the money in the world people don't say no to you and you think you're invincible. On the flip side why the fleck would you even want to go down there?

they said on the telly earlier, rich people used to go hunting in Africa or exploring new parts of the world, now they're climbing Everest and going down to the Titanic

Titanic sub on 19:04 - Jun 21 with 2322 viewsbuilthjack

They have more money than common sense. As for hunting in Africa, they should be shot.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Titanic sub on 19:30 - Jun 21 with 2317 viewslifelong

Hopefully wrong but the chances of these people surviving this situation has to be extremely slim.
It just makes you wonder how some people can put themselves into a vessel of this kind, get bolted inside so there are no means of escape with the vessel itself being controlled by a ‘Play Station’ type control pad… sheer madness.
Titanic sub on 20:53 - Jun 21 with 2283 viewsonehunglow

Titanic sub on 19:30 - Jun 21 by lifelong

Hopefully wrong but the chances of these people surviving this situation has to be extremely slim.
It just makes you wonder how some people can put themselves into a vessel of this kind, get bolted inside so there are no means of escape with the vessel itself being controlled by a ‘Play Station’ type control pad… sheer madness.

Agreed totally.
Must be better ways of getting a buzz

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Titanic sub on 21:55 - Jun 21 with 2246 viewsThrasher6

Right am I the only who thinks it's inexusable that this sub was not attached to a line (flexible cable or whatever) to either a ship on the surface or to a bouy. Yes 4 miles of cable is not cheap...but if you are charging 250k a pop...surely it's in everyone's interest.
Maybe I'm missing something...but this simple measure would have been a life saver.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 23:22]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:55 - Jun 21 with 2246 viewsThrasher6

Yes I know a cable could snag somewhere around the wreck...but at least you would know where it is.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:58]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Titanic sub on 21:58 - Jun 21 with 2227 viewsbuilthjack

Titanic sub on 21:55 - Jun 21 by Thrasher6

Right am I the only who thinks it's inexusable that this sub was not attached to a line (flexible cable or whatever) to either a ship on the surface or to a bouy. Yes 4 miles of cable is not cheap...but if you are charging 250k a pop...surely it's in everyone's interest.
Maybe I'm missing something...but this simple measure would have been a life saver.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 23:22]

I thought the same thing. It seems madness not to do it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Titanic sub on 22:26 - Jun 21 with 2212 viewshowenjack

Titanic sub on 19:30 - Jun 21 by lifelong

yeah I couldn't believe that when I read it - a craft 4000 metres down being steered by a play station handset - for that reason alone I would have been out.
Titanic sub on 00:07 - Jun 22 with 2139 viewsRobbie

Reports seem to suggest this expedition took place in International Waters no official maritine procedures needed to be followed , risk assessment , coastguard involvment and other H+S rules have been overlooked .

Myself , hand over £ 200 k to sit in a unauthorised accident waiting to happen , no way .

That said , lets hope there is a good outcome and all are safe .
Titanic sub on 09:35 - Jun 22 with 2064 viewsbritferry

even if the sub was on the surface, they couldn't get out as its bolted from the outside

Titanic sub on 10:31 - Jun 22 with 2032 viewshowenjack

I think there's some kind of curse surrounding the Titannic the deaths when being built and hitting the ice berg on her maiden voyage and the "unsinkable " sinking . Today I found out the wife of one of the 5 trapped in the submersible is a direct descendant of a couple who perished on the original trip in 1912.
Titanic sub on 10:32 - Jun 22 with 2028 viewsunion_jack

Titanic sub on 09:35 - Jun 22 by britferry

even if the sub was on the surface, they couldn't get out as its bolted from the outside

Bit of a design fault that I’d say. It’s not as if you could open it accidentally at depth due to water pressure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Titanic sub on 17:02 - Jun 22 with 1922 viewsunion_jack

Debris found which indicates it’s not a happy ending. Very sad.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Titanic sub on 17:51 - Jun 22 with 1890 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024