Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orkney 19:47 - Jul 3 with 3214 viewsbritferry

Looking for more funding from Edinburgh or London, threatening to re-join Norway and be ruled from Oslo.

Brilliant bit of brinksmanship, could you imagine what claim they would have on the North Sea gas, that would sink the SNP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-66066448

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Orkney on 21:36 - Jul 4 with 1011 viewsTogg

Orkney on 21:19 - Jul 4 by Gwyn737

With your posting history it’s hard to tell.

He's having an absolute nightmare on here
Orkney on 22:04 - Jul 4 with 980 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 21:36 - Jul 4 by Togg

He's having an absolute nightmare on here

Whats your take on this topic then Togg ?

I am looking forward to your insightful contribution.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 22:05]

Beware of the Risen People

Orkney on 22:30 - Jul 4 with 961 viewsraynor94

Oooof, that did make me smile ☺

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Orkney on 16:44 - Jul 5 with 882 viewsSullutaCreturned

Orkney on 20:34 - Jul 4 by Kilkennyjack

Does Dubai look like Skewen to you ?

A straight yes or no will be fine.

A straight no isn't a good enough answer though. just because we see the shiny skyscrapers on tv, it doesn't mean there are no poor people.

Incidentally Dubai is in the UAE not Saudi BUT yes, there is poverty in the UAE.Here you go, educate yourself,

https://borgenproject.org/10-facts-about-poverty-in-the-united-arab-emirates/
Orkney on 16:50 - Jul 5 with 881 viewsSullutaCreturned

When he posts something utterly ridiculous he often claims it was a joke.

Kilkenny does has his uses though, he makes me look almost genius to start with.

One day that village in Ireland will want it's idiot back though...yes Kilkenny, it's a joke
Orkney on 18:28 - Jul 5 with 860 viewsTogg

Orkney on 16:50 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

Kilkenny does has his uses though, he makes me look almost genius to start with.

One day that village in Ireland will want it's idiot back though...yes Kilkenny, it's a joke

More like the village in Morriston.
Orkney on 21:30 - Jul 5 with 823 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 18:28 - Jul 5 by Togg

More like the village in Morriston.

What village in Morriston ?

Orkney on 21:40 - Jul 5 with 818 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 16:50 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

Not true.

I did not say it was a joke.
I said it was not meant to be taken seriously.

Its a well known subtle play on words, but as you are a bit twp then you describe it as a joke.

Here is the NZ and Aus version …
‘ asked for his thoughts on the migration of New Zealanders to Australia, the Prime Minister of New Zealand stated that the "annual exodus of Kiwis to Australia raised the average IQ of both countries".

Your self praise is cringingly embarrassing.
Nobody but nobody thinks you are a genius mate, sorry to burst your self congratulatory bubble in public.

You are a bit twp though. Poor dab.

Login to get fewer ads

Orkney on 21:44 - Jul 5 with 814 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 16:44 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

A straight no isn't a good enough answer though. just because we see the shiny skyscrapers on tv, it doesn't mean there are no poor people.

Incidentally Dubai is in the UAE not Saudi BUT yes, there is poverty in the UAE.Here you go, educate yourself,

https://borgenproject.org/10-facts-about-poverty-in-the-united-arab-emirates/

Correct - Dubai does not look like Skewen.

Dubai benefits from oil wealth and its clear to all.
That never happened with welsh coal, £4 trillions worth was robbed. The wealth was enjoyed by others. That is also clear to all - except you.

Orkney on 21:55 - Jul 5 with 807 viewsBoundy

Orkney on 21:44 - Jul 5 by Kilkennyjack

That never happened with welsh coal, £4 trillions worth was robbed. The wealth was enjoyed by others. That is also clear to all - except you.

The wealth as already explained to you was enjoyed by the mine owners who were in the main Welsh , funny t you seem to have ignored that fact can't think why.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Orkney on 12:20 - Jul 6 with 751 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Orkney on 21:44 - Jul 5 by Kilkennyjack

Wales never produced 4 trillion pounds worth of coal. That is a complete lie.

Peak annual production was was 36 million tons in 1913 and the annual production for the last 150 years was 10 million tons. Using today's Coal price of £80 per ton the to total value is

10×150 = 1500 million tons @ £80 = £120 billion which is 3% of your fictional claim. Most of that money was of course spent on miners wages without which there would have been no significant Welsh economy, no railways, no docks, no power stations, no steel works.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 12:24]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Orkney on 12:27 - Jul 6 with 741 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think that is more a reflection on the SNP and Sturgeon's obsession with a single policy politics. The majority of people do not want independence. They just want a Scottish parliament to run Scotland for the benefit of Scottish voters.

Orkney on 13:07 - Jul 6 with 724 viewsWhiterockin

Orkney on 12:27 - Jul 6 by felixstowe_jack

I think that is more a reflection on the SNP and Sturgeon's obsession with a single policy politics. The majority of people do not want independence. They just want a Scottish parliament to run Scotland for the benefit of Scottish voters.

Pretty much like Wales IMO.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Orkney on 23:25 - Jul 7 with 650 viewsKilkennyjack

Orkney on 12:27 - Jul 6 by felixstowe_jack

But its not working is it.

The uk govt is calling all the funding shots.
Power devolved is power retained.

Johnson thought it was funny to undermine devolution.
EU funding was only partially replaced, but that funding now by-passes the welsh and scottish parlianents - games.

A federated uk might work with mutual respect.
As Macron said about Johnson ‘this is not serious government’.

Reform or the uk is dead. Simples.

Orkney on 07:44 - Jul 16 with 575 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Orkney on 23:25 - Jul 7 by Kilkennyjack

But its not working is it.

The uk govt is calling all the funding shots.
Power devolved is power retained.

Johnson thought it was funny to undermine devolution.
EU funding was only partially replaced, but that funding now by-passes the welsh and scottish parlianents - games.

A federated uk might work with mutual respect.
As Macron said about Johnson ‘this is not serious government’.

Reform or the uk is dead. Simples.

Wales was offered full funding by the UK government to build the vitally needed M4 relief road. Funny Drakeford turned it down while accepting UK taxpayers money, via the EU to upgrade the heads of the valley roads.

Now we hear that the M4 between Caldra and East of Newport is going to be closed for long periods to allow for repairs due to the high volume of traffic using it. If only the M4 relief road had been opened by now there would have be an alternative route for the traffic.

One thing you and I agree on devolution in Wales has not worked for the last 20 years.

Orkney on 08:47 - Jul 16 with 559 viewsonehunglow

Orkney on 07:44 - Jul 16 by felixstowe_jack

Wales was offered full funding by the UK government to build the vitally needed M4 relief road. Funny Drakeford turned it down while accepting UK taxpayers money, via the EU to upgrade the heads of the valley roads.

Now we hear that the M4 between Caldra and East of Newport is going to be closed for long periods to allow for repairs due to the high volume of traffic using it. If only the M4 relief road had been opened by now there would have be an alternative route for the traffic.

One thing you and I agree on devolution in Wales has not worked for the last 20 years.

I see little logic for independence and mainly see sentiment as the driving force .
It is hard if not impossible for Indys to accept we are attached to England like a conjoined twin .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Orkney on 08:54 - Jul 16 with 553 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Orkney on 08:47 - Jul 16 by onehunglow

I see little logic for independence and mainly see sentiment as the driving force .
It is hard if not impossible for Indys to accept we are attached to England like a conjoined twin .

Yes a bit like the rest of Wales being conjoined to Cardiff.

Orkney on 09:54 - Jul 16 with 531 viewsonehunglow

Orkney on 08:54 - Jul 16 by felixstowe_jack

Yes a bit like the rest of Wales being conjoined to Cardiff.

Independence would see CRdiff effectively denuding everything outside the S/E
We are a divided nation already and I could see north Wales wanting to break away from Cardiff.
Before Cardiff was made capital,many wanted the capital to be in the welsh speaking heartlands in Caernarfon.

Cardiff and Swansea have more in common with Bristol than the north of Wales

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024