Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats happening 15:51 - Jan 25 with 4370 viewshoopdog

With the young jock centre half has he signed , H gets gets a lot of stick for signing senior players to get us up but he really has a great record in signing young players

Whats happening on 16:11 - Jan 25 with 4330 viewsMedwayR

"great record in signing young players"

Like who, I can only think of a couple?

Poll: Who’s better?

Whats happening on 16:52 - Jan 25 with 4243 viewshoopdog

Walker , Noughton , Rose and others at Spurs , Crouch what was he 19 others at Pompy he has to get us up thats why he's only signed 2 here that you can think of
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 16:55]

Whats happening on 17:50 - Jan 25 with 4132 viewsMedwayR

Rose was at spurs before Redknapp, the only one I could think of was Crouch for definite so Naughton & Walker are good shouts, I'd assumed they were signed by Comolli. Generally speaking I think Redknapp has a fairly poor record for finding young players but does give youth players a chance (Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand, Carroll, Townsend etc). If 'arry stays for a long time I hope we have some players come through as he will at least give them a go. Also keen to see Donaldson sign.

Poll: Who’s better?

Whats happening on 18:28 - Jan 25 with 4059 viewsstansleftfoot

Not sure about Harry and his record of signing young players or his record for signing players full stop! He's not won a lot, and he seems to have sold a lot of good players...Just looking at his West Ham years:
The West Ham academy had on its books from 1994 - 2001 Harry's duration as Manager, Stephen Bywater, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Jimmy Bullard, the Ferdinand brothers, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Kieran Richardson, Carrick, Jermaine Defoe. The Senrab youth side also produced Bobby Zamora, Fitz Hall, Konchesky. This youth team side produced most of these players up to the age of 15, some got released and some taken on as apprentices.
Sadly it's possible Harry Redknapp is rubbish at long term planning, foresight, signing and the timely release of players.
Time will tell, we are going to need a lot of changes in the coming 18 months whether we go up or not, these are worrying times ahead in terms of Harry Redknapp and his choice of "triffic" players.
It should be remembered that this professional and experienced Manager has won no major competition....Ummm? Is that correct, but I cannot recall him winning anything?

Whats happening on 18:42 - Jan 25 with 4025 viewsPommyhoop

Just the 1 Very Exspensive FA Cup.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Whats happening on 18:43 - Jan 25 with 4026 viewsderbyhoop

I'm hoping and expecting that the deal for Coll Donaldson is done but hasn't been announced as yet. Maybe some final details to wrap up.

I'd also expect one of our major targets to be finalised this week (Belfodil or Ntep), possibly more than 1.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Whats happening on 18:48 - Jan 25 with 4013 viewsstansleftfoot

Oh Yeh.....slipped my mind....thanks!

Whats happening on 14:44 - Jan 26 with 3728 viewshoopdog

What has winning got to do with whether he has or hasn't signed young players or not
With your knowledge of WHU you should have mentioned they have always been a selling club
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 14:49]

Whats happening on 15:08 - Jan 26 with 3686 viewsstansleftfoot

Yup, I did fail to mention that, the point I'm looking at and I don't know the answer, which is why I put it out here, is that Harry is locked into losing around another 15 players in the next 18 months and he NEEDS to find at least one, if not two, if TF allows in this window.
My question in the light of his career history, is Harry going to make good buying decisions for QPR....I don't know the answer?
I would say he's great at judging old pro's, I intrigued about his ability to find young ones!

Whats happening on 16:06 - Jan 26 with 3638 viewshoopdog

Surely thats what the scouts are for
My point is that right now isn't the time to over do the young player signings as Phil Baird has already said there won't be much this window but there will be a lot of movement in the summer if we go up

Whats happening on 19:21 - Jan 27 with 3491 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25917038

Should his switch to QPR be completed, his last match for Livi will have been accompanied by a red card in a 1-0 home defeat by Falkirk.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 19:22]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Whats happening on 19:55 - Jan 27 with 3419 viewsantoknee64

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/101049/who-signed-

Whats happening on 20:12 - Jan 27 with 3383 viewsHollowayRanger

soz just linked it to a post started two days ago didnt realize someone else had started a new one today

least we got him

i know we cant have him but jack hobbs would have been a good signing with premiership in mind

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024