Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Trivia question on 10:11 - Feb 17 with 547 viewsDel_Bianco

none. You went on about this the other day.

GIve it a rest.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Trivia question on 10:12 - Feb 17 with 543 viewsdirk_doone

Correct answer. So, if a manager picks the three of them again at least he will be fully aware that he is throwing the game. And I'm not going to give it a rest until managers stop doing it as I am a Saints fan and want to see my team win.

I don't want to see more pathetic defeats like the 3-0 one at Leeds the 2-0 home defeat to Wigan or the latest defeat to Sunderland caused by the selection of those three.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 10:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Trivia question on 10:17 - Feb 17 with 524 viewsA1079

Funny you should say that as I was thinking similar whilst sat in the stand seething on Saturday. I was also wondering how many clean sheets have we retained whenever Davis has been in goal or Hooiveld has been in defence? I actually didn't think Hooiveld was too bad Saturday, or I least got the feeling he wanted to play, unlike most of them. I don't particularly like having a go about Kelvin either but although he pulled off a couple of good saves, his kicking was atrocious. It does seem that if you play that combination of players you are effectively saying we do not expect to win. I don't think that these players are good enough as our back ups if we want to progress. But heaven knows what the close season has in store. Potentially it could be full of turmoil if they don't start sorting things out now from the top down.

Trivia question on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 520 viewssaints__fan__73

So lucky that we do not appear to likely to qualify for the EL this season then.

With having to play two games a week, inevitably we will get more injuries which would mean more games for your trio.

Unless the Liebherrs spend big to greatly strengthen the squad and I've seen no evidence to point to this thus far.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Trivia question on 10:25 - Feb 17 with 509 viewsSaintNick

But given how few games they will have all played together apart from perhaps the first six games last season its not that representative, you could also say how many points have Saints got with Luke Shaw starting against Swansea, the answer is one as the one game he started against them was a 1-1 draw, however Danny Fox has started two, a 0-0 draw at Swansea and a 2-0 win down here, therefore stats say Fox is the best option at left back against the swans, so is anyone advocating we should recall him from loan for our visit up there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Trivia question on 10:30 - Feb 17 with 502 viewsdirk_doone

I can actually explain why we can't win when those three play.

Kelvin Davis can't kick a football accurately so he keeps giving possession away to the opposition either in the form of throw-ins or more dangerously by kicking it to their players. He doesn't come out of his goal for corners or at any other time so our defence and our midfield are constantly forced back to cover for him. Although some people describe him as a 'shot stopper' his saves per shots on target ratio is appalling. He lets in one goal for every two shots on target. We concede an average of nearly one goal more per game when he plays instead of Boruc.

Hooiveld disappears out of position, especially when the opposition has dangerous attacks. Against Sunderland he spent most of the time hiding in left midfield. This means that the other central defender is often left trying to cover two opposition attackers. Hooiveld is painfully slow getting back from his forays upfield and is often somewhere near the halfway line when they score. He can't turn rapidly, so when a player runs at him, he can't follow him or shepherd him away from goal.

Guly is a waste of space. He is supposed to be filling the role of attacking midfielder/striker but he actually poses zero threat to the opposition goal. He tries to shun passes when he is near the opposition goal and If by any chance he is left with the ball anywhere near their goal, he either drifts away from it or passes the ball back.

With those three glaring deficiencies together the team can't win, at least not at Premier League level.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 10:32]

Trivia question on 12:27 - Feb 17 with 438 viewsdarthvader

At least hoofy had a shot on target :-)

keep the faith coyr

Trivia question on 12:28 - Feb 17 with 435 viewssaints__fan__73

More than Lambert.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Trivia question on 12:39 - Feb 17 with 421 viewsdirk_doone

He's a better striker than he is a defender. Stick him up front against weak opposition and he'll score a few goals. In defence he is a liability and more likely to score for the opposition.

You could say something similar about Fox. He was a hopeless defender but a reasonable midfield player with a bit of skill and the ability to cross the ball fairly accurately.

You just don't want to see either of those players in your defence.

Lambert-Lallana-Rodriguez is an effective attacking machine. Take one of the three components out of it and it just doesn't function properly.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 12:42]

Trivia question on 20:53 - Feb 17 with 361 viewsugliest

Especially the last part of your story is totally correct. Saw it last saturday.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024