Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:06 - Feb 17 with 1189 viewssaintjeff52

Don't care. Pure Spin.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:14 - Feb 17 with 1168 viewsdirk_doone

Shaw means it. For players like Shaw and Lallana, winning the FA Cup was important. They can hardly come out and say, we had no chance with Guly, Hooiveld and Davis in the team but they were probably even angrier than we were with the team selection.

Many highly respected ex-players, like Owen and Lineker, are saying it for them though.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:15 - Feb 17 with 1158 viewssaints__fan__73

FFS. They are footballers and they played a bad game and lost. It happens FFS. Nothing to apologise for.

Cannot believe the amount of bed wetting that has has gone alongside being knocked out of the Budweiser Trophy.....

When we have a stronger squad we will be able to compete better in Cup competions that club's play squad players in.

On Saturday their team with 9 changes beat our one with 6. All it showed is that we need more strength in depth than Davis, Jos and Guly.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:16 - Feb 17 with 1152 viewsgrumpy

So the full back apologises, words fail me.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:16 - Feb 17 with 1153 viewsdirk_doone

Ask Mick Channon what the highlight of his entire career was. It wasn't making loads of money at Man City.

I can be cynical too but I am absolutely certain that winning the FA Cup this season would have been the highlight of Lallana and Shaw's careers so far and they are gutted that the opportunity has gone.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 14:18]

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:22 - Feb 17 with 1131 viewsCapt_Koons

I don't condone it, but I can understand Sunderland making changes as they are in a relegation battle. But when we are all but guaranteed a mid table finish it is very disappointing and I'm sure many of our players are p1ssed off with it too.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:25 - Feb 17 with 1121 viewssaints__fan__73

I would doubt it. They have been brought up in the era where it is all the PL and CL. The Budweiser Trophy will mean nothing to players in their 20s, even the English born ones.

I would be shocked if any of our players even watched last season's Cup Final tbh.

The Cup Final is just a relic of the past.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:33 - Feb 17 with 1106 viewsLeslie

If saints reached the FA cup - sorry Budweiser trophy - final, you wouldn't attend? You'd have no interest in it and wouldn't swap your Saturday burger flipping shift to go?

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:35 - Feb 17 with 1096 viewssaints__fan__73

They've devalued it even more Les. You get to Wembley for the Semi now too.

It's a good day out for the fans but nothing more. No different to the JPT which I was at (gave Silverspoons the swerve tho..) but just about as important nowadays.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 14:36]

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:39 - Feb 17 with 1076 viewsHappy_Jack

Sadly SF73 is probably right on this. It's a shit state of affairs but the FA Cup has been dying a slow death for years now. I'm just glad I'm old enough to have experienced it when it truly meant something, which it doesn't anymore. Not even by us it seems.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:44 - Feb 17 with 1057 viewsLeslie

I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments pal. It's obvious the cups aren't bothered with because it's all about money sadly. It's sad that the fans feel the same, hence what I've said about kidding people. Any fan with a brain can see Saturdays display was sluggish, one paced, with very little desire. Anyone that thinks saints approached the match positively (like this homoalone fella) is an idiot.

The fans have every right to feel robbed

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:48 - Feb 17 with 1045 viewsLeslie

I think this could hamper future season ticket sales, and almost certainly will see poorly attended future cup matches. You can't pull the wool over fans eyes.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:50 - Feb 17 with 1035 viewsCapt_Koons

It still means a lot more the the Johnsons Paints Trophy, which had 50,000 saints fans flocking to Wembley. And now that winning the Premiership is the preserve of the richest 3 or 4 clubs, it remains the most prestigious competion we can win.

Don't put too much store in what SF73 says, he's the kind of troll who would be arguing the exact opposite if the general consensus was a weekend side on Saturday was a good thing.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:53 - Feb 17 with 1025 views1885_SFC

I'm not surprised Shaw has apologised. As much as I love him & rate him - his crossing was abysmal on saturday ffs!

Old School is Cool

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:53 - Feb 17 with 1024 viewsgrumpy

The fans that travelled would have right to expect to see a the best possible team play and see the team play with desire and passion.
Fans work hard for their money and their time is just as important to them.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:57 - Feb 17 with 1013 viewsLeslie

Let's be blunt here. There's 100-200 oddballs that follow saints to every single match. It needs a few more like dune that say "f uck going why they don't try". I bet you any money you like these megastore clothed retards clapped the players off Saturday, before racing around to where the coach was parked to get photos and autographs. Blind faith gets you nowhere

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:59 - Feb 17 with 1006 viewssaints__fan__73

Is it a sh it state tho? The world has just moved on. In the 70s the Cup final was just about the only game televised live which was why it was the centrepiece of the season. The European Cup only had one team per country and you could only see Div 1 match highlights on match of the day.

Now we have the PL and a European Champions League where games like Man City v Barcelona and Arsenal v Bayern are common place so it's no wonder why the Cup has lost its allure.

All that has happened is that our cups are now just like those in Spain and Italy, 2nd rate competitions for club's 2nd rate players. We need to realise this and stop with all the 'world's oldest and most presitgious Cup competition' bollux.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 14:59 - Feb 17 with 1004 viewsgrumpy

are you talking to me Les?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 15:01 - Feb 17 with 999 viewssaints__fan__73

Are fans that f'king stupid? Really?

When have we NOT rested players for Cup games?

We once made 10 changes for a Cup game when we were in LEAGUE 1!

Any fan that travelled thinking we would not be resting players deserves everything they got.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 15:05 - Feb 17 with 990 viewsLeslie

Eh? I'm commenting on your line about the fans that travel. All I'm saying is the there's a core of our fans that blindly follow every match. Not aimed at you pal

Luke Shaw apologises. on 15:14 - Feb 17 with 973 viewsSonicBoom

Well if there was anyone that didn't know what our attitude is toward the cups before this weekend they do now.
MP doesn't even bother doing interviews for those games, he sends out some other guy that puts out cones (or whatever he does).
The only way he could be less supportive of the cup is if we gets snapped shopping with the wife around West quay when the game is on.
We don't care about cups. Get over it but remember it next season when they are trying to flog tickets.

Luke Shaw apologises. on 15:16 - Feb 17 with 971 viewsHappy_Jack

Again I don't disagree with much of what you say, it's just sad and indicative of how soulless the modern game has become. Still market forces and all that I suppose.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Luke Shaw apologises. on 15:17 - Feb 17 with 970 viewssaints__fan__73

Fans do know tho. That's why we have had small attendances for Cup games for a number of seasons now.

It'll be interesting to know how many of those wetting the bed after Saturday's defeat and bleating on about the history and tradition of the FA Cup actually bothered to turn up for the 3rd and 4th round matches.....

Luke Shaw apologises. on 16:08 - Feb 17 with 860 viewsdirk_doone

For our FA Cup 3rd round match last season, the attendance was just under 28,000. For our third round match in 2011 the attendance was just under 29,000. For our 4th round match in 2010 it was 31,000. We even had 30,000 for a Johnstones Paint Trophy match v MK Dons. For our 4th round match v Yeovil this season, the attendance was 24,000. I was one of them. I'd hardly call these 'small attendances".
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 16:25]

Luke Shaw apologises. on 16:10 - Feb 17 with 849 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick would.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024