Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Lovren yesterday on 16:25 - Mar 2 with 1402 viewsdirk_doone

I was thinking the same. Lovren was way off the pace and had a very poor game. The newspaper ratings have him as our worst player yesterday and they aren't far wrong. You could say he was at least partly to blame for 2 of their goals but you could also put them down to Suarez's brilliance, which most defenders would have found it hard to do much against.

Talking of defending, Fonte must also share some of the blame but he made a couple of brilliant interceptions which stopped certain goals; Lovren didn't. You are right: Chambers was our best defender yesterday. He was outstanding.

You are also right that if that had been Jos or Maya, they would have been crucified on here.

What is very worrying is that we have conceded 21 goals in the last 10 games Lovren has played, including conceding 3 against Villa, Spurs, Chelsea & Liverpool. Let's hope he recovers his early season form soon.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2014 22:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Lovren yesterday on 16:52 - Mar 2 with 1372 viewssaint22

agreed
lets be honest if it wasn't for our early season form none of us would be anywhere near as blasé about our current run of form
since Xmas we have looked good at times but average a lot
outside of Adam, Luke, Cork and Chambers consistency of quality has been missing

Lovren yesterday on 17:56 - Mar 2 with 1334 viewsA1079

Agree. Lovren was poor yesterday and you are right, had it been Yoshida or Hooiveld they would have been blasted on here. Not looking to blast players but it does seem that if you are in with the fans you are more likely to avoid criticism. I suppose though, the flip side is, that Lovren has rarely put a foot wrong whereas the others (especially Hooiveld) are prone to it.

Lovren yesterday on 19:41 - Mar 2 with 1283 viewsSonicBoom

The fact is players earn their reputation over time and games. Lovren has been excellent maybe our best player this season. That buys you some slack for the odd bad game.
Maya and hooiveld are plainly not as good and have far more poor games than Lovren. Surely thats obvious?

Lovren yesterday on 19:53 - Mar 2 with 1268 viewsgrumpy

Give the guy some slack he has only just come back from a serious injury. Been one of our better buys in my book.

Lovren yesterday on 21:55 - Mar 2 with 1210 viewsinthebox

Can't believe this thread, we don't deserve him.

Lovren yesterday on 21:58 - Mar 2 with 1206 viewsSaintNick

Lovren had to come in to a tough game because of the low standard of cover we have at centre back, he probably wasnt match fit, having said that he should be sharper now for the Palace game and that will be a bonus

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lovren yesterday on 05:27 - Mar 3 with 1134 viewsst_bangkok

I think the big difference the OP misses here is that Jos always has a mare, Lovren rarely if ever. This was his first game back and yes he had a bit of a mare, but he does not get crucified as it was his first ever mare......people give Jos stick as each and every time he plays we lose and he is partly in some way to blame for goals conceded.

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

Lovren yesterday on 10:13 - Mar 3 with 1091 viewsdirk_doone

By the way, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. Jos requested a transfer in the January window but was told he had to stay until the end of the season. He is definitely leaving in the summer. I wish him well.

I guess that means we'll be signing a new central defender.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 10:14]

Lovren yesterday on 15:45 - Mar 3 with 1015 viewsugliest

Who told you that news?? Understood he never asked for a transfer and we all know MP said nobody was going to leave this winter.....
So, old news in a new(wrong) jacket??

Lovren yesterday on 16:38 - Mar 3 with 980 viewswebberg

I think we have to realise that Lovren is just back from injury and is facing perhaps one of the two most lethal attacking forces in the PL. As a gentlemen near me observed, Suarez might be a [expletive] but you'd want him in your team.

That said, our defenders made more Liverpool chances than they did. I thought Shaw, first half especially, was poor. Fonte looked uneasy against the pace of Sturridge and Lovren was off the pace.

Chambers was excellent (again).

Hopefully the game has sharpened them all up because CP are not a walk over these days.

Lovren yesterday on 18:18 - Mar 3 with 967 viewsdirk_doone

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11047532.Hooiveld_wanted_to_quit_Saints/?ref=va

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/southampton/transfer-talk/news/hooiveld-hin

Lovren yesterday on 21:03 - Mar 3 with 898 viewsTijuanaTim

Lovren is a terrific player that had a below par performance probably due to just returning from injury. If Jos had played S&S would've reamed us. Maya could play against those two possibly.

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

on 21:37 - Mar 3 with 890 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Lovren yesterday on 14:51 - Mar 23 with 772 viewsdirk_doone

I guess Lovren has been playing with injuries but we seem to concede a hell of a lot goals nowadays when he plays. I still think that Fonte is our best central defender.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 14:52]

Lovren yesterday on 16:51 - Mar 23 with 725 viewsSaintNick

Fonte was terrible himself today, too many times failed to clear the ball properly and sliced it into touch.

For their winner he had a free header, plenty of time to do whatever he wanted, one thing he should have got though was distance, instead he sent a weak header about 15 yards to be volleyed in.

Im sorry but on todays performance both central defenders were poor

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lovren yesterday on 16:55 - Mar 23 with 722 viewsMooCowTheThird

Zen trol deaf enders have been our Achilles heal for too long.

Katrina will need to open her purse in the summer. One position you can't rely on youngsters coming through the academy

Poll: Do we need fewer Doc threads?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024