Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 19:38 - Apr 25 with 2626 viewsTijuanaTim

Great topic sir, when younger played with minor Saints Wayne Pratt, TImmy Cole and once or twice with Pat Earles. Later Graham Roberts,then played with and managed Steve Claridge.

Since being here for 25 years I have been teammates with some really good players, some obviously past their best, but still fabulous players. Ex-pompee skipper and POTY Paul 'Killer' Cahill, Dave Kemp, Clyde Best, Roger Milla, Bob McNab, Bobby Russell, Richard Gough, Johnny Harkes. More recently Benny Feilhaber and some minor MLS successes Martin Vasquez (Klinnsman's Assistant Manager), Jorge Salceido, Ivan Polic. Right now I play quite regularly with Jack Rodwell's uncle Tony (when he's stateside) who played for Blackpool and Wigan....there are others too, just have to think a bit harder.

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 20:02 - Apr 25 with 2621 viewslockseaf77

Dick Tydeman - Gillingham, Charlton
Dave Peach - Gillingham, Saints
Derek Hales - Charlton, and a few others

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 20:52 - Apr 25 with 2597 views1teeminants

I went to school with and was good mates with Martin McGrath and Chris Mcmememy Who both played for Saints. Martin played at Elland road for the first team once . I also played in the St Mary's school team with them.

Two years below me was a chap called Ian Baird who played for Saints ,Pompey, middlesboro , Leeds to name a few.I remember him well from school cos a mate of mine was also mucking about with him.

Nick Holmes also went to St Mary's, I had his history book ffs.

Whilst I was an Estate agent I met Kevin Peiterson who rented through us at Charter House, Ocean Village and I spoke to Shane Warne on the phone who also rented property through us.

I also met Peter Crouch who rented through us and I had to do a check out report on his flat in South Western House. I have valued property and met Nick Pothas the hants wicketkeeper and former West Indian batsmen Desmond Haynes. Funningly enough I also valued Ian Baird,s property in South Western House in later years.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 20:54 - Apr 25 with 2583 viewsLeslie

I went to school with benali

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 21:00 - Apr 25 with 2581 views1885_SFC

I went to school with Mark Whitlock... who went on to play for Saints in the early 80's of course.

Old School is Cool

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 21:14 - Apr 25 with 2571 viewsDENZY

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 21:16 - Apr 25 with 2567 viewsDENZY

Famous ex pupils of my old school include;

Samantha Janus
Steve Basham
Lukas jutkiewicz

FACT.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 22:00 - Apr 25 with 2536 viewskingslandstand1

Wayne Pratt - a mates ex brother in law

Problem with Graham Roberts was that he went to Weston Park - arch enemy school!

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 22:02 - Apr 25 with 2534 viewskingslandstand1

Graham Baker - remember him also standing out as an 11 year old

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 22:08 - Apr 25 with 2524 viewsLeslie

Janus is a danger f uck. She's the new Janine butcher pal

She was a proper sort in game on

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 23:15 - Apr 25 with 2508 viewsBison

Played against Chris Waddle , he was pure class even though he couldn't run.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 00:05 - Apr 26 with 2485 viewsdarthvader

not school at or played with but., Last autumn I worked in bitterne park on Wayne Talkes house and chatted with him at length on his days with saints. Also worked with Terry Rawlins (great friend)who was part of saints youth in early 70s was let go by Bates .went on To play for pool town and Eastliegh .

keep the faith coyr

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 02:13 - Apr 26 with 2466 viewsTijuanaTim

One of the funniest things that happened was when a fellow poster and friend of Del's and others, many know him as Rabbit from other Mongboards, came with us when my son and I played for a good team in Southern California about ten or so years ago. Our centre forward was mustard (obviously) and Rabbit asked us after the match, "he was great, why did everyone call him Milla? Is it because he looks like Roger Milla?" My son didn't even look up, he was only about 15 and had no idea about Roger Milla and just replied "because he'e Milla, Roger Milla", Rabbit then asked me who it was, so I told him....he must have asked over a dozen people before he left "Who's that?", "Is that Roger Milla?" "Is that the real Roger Milla?"

He finally twigged...

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 09:17 - Apr 26 with 2427 viewsTheMoog

Obviously post pro days rather than 'went on to play for' but I was Neal Bartlett's Platoon Commander for a while and played alongside him in the Battalion team.

Standby to standby

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 09:20 - Apr 26 with 2418 viewsLeslie

Who was it then pal?

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 12:00 - Apr 26 with 2404 viewssuttonsaint

Mark Dennis' daughter works in my local greasy spoon.

I heard a voice in the noise pollution!

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 12:04 - Apr 26 with 2402 viewsst_bangkok

Last time i saw Mark Dennis he was driving a parcel force truck, would have been around 2002 i guess.

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 12:59 - Apr 26 with 2388 viewsArthurHucksake

In mine it was Bobby Stokes.

I know for sure you are he. No question about it. You are rude, agressive and angry just like doc was. You fool no one lambkins.

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 17:07 - Apr 26 with 2361 viewsLeslie

So that's why you're so obsessed with saints

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 17:49 - Apr 26 with 2356 viewsArthurHucksake

The fuçk I am , I went to school with him, I lived in the next road to him and drank in the same pub as him.

I know for sure you are he. No question about it. You are rude, agressive and angry just like doc was. You fool no one lambkins.

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 17:52 - Apr 26 with 2347 viewsLeslie

And support the same club he scored a cup final winner for...

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 03:42 - Apr 28 with 2277 viewsTijuanaTim

Hehe, you rascal Les!!

Well after our 2-0 win at M. Malaga today, apparently Richard Gough is a permanent player on our team. Can't beat that.

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 14:05 - Apr 30 with 2188 viewswebberg

A late addition.

I played for a Hampshire senior league team and we came up against a Saints youth squad. I was left back. Their winger was called Wallace and would have been about 15 or 16?

Skinny kid and I was looking forward to an afternoon of tough (but fair) tackles and raiding down the wing.

In fact I spent an hour watching his skinny arse disappear in the distance before my manager pulled me off "to save me from embarrassment".

Hope you're doing OK Danny.

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 14:54 - Apr 30 with 2170 viewsTijuanaTim

Was that v Saints 'A' in Hants One, or Saints Youth in the Hants Youth League? When I was at Warsash we played against the A side and Austin Hayes tore everyone up for arse paper. They were managed by John McGrath, Big Jake use to sometimes play also.

I went to school or played in a team with ?????? who went on to play for ???? on 15:36 - Apr 30 with 2160 viewsSalisburySaint

I was actually 2 years below Mark at Amesbury Secondary School now Stonehenge school (same school that Mike Channon around 10 years earlier had attended)

Mark also played for England Youth team

I thought there were others in his team that were better players than him but the scouts obviously saw something in him and he had a reasonable football career

I actually played a few times in the same teams as his younger brother Martin

I also played in a youth cup final against Howard Goddard who played for several league clubs including Bournemouth
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024