Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

the next 3 England recruits on 12:46 - May 13 with 713 viewsdirk_doone

It may be a case of Clyne or Chambers, just as it would have been a case of Lambert or Rodriguez if the latter hadn't got injured.

Any of the following youngsters might make it: Sims, Reed, Stephens, Hesketh & Targett, and Isgrove will be our next Welsh international.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 12:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

the next 3 England recruits on 15:11 - May 13 with 641 viewswebberg

Sims and Targett.

Targett is one reason why losing Shaw for big money (reinvested of course) might be palatable.

the next 3 England recruits on 15:14 - May 13 with 637 viewsClickInsect

If we sell Shaw, why would we hold on to Sims and Targett?

You draw a line in the sand somewhere, if we can't retain and build the squad at this point, it's hard to see it ever happening. It'll just be a case of developing stars for other clubs.

Poll: Where will Saints finish?

the next 3 England recruits on 15:48 - May 13 with 622 viewsBison

Harsh but know where you are coming from. I think Luke is a rare breed who had been put into same bracket as young Rooney , Gazza even Shearer bracket. What teams in last 20 years excluding big ones at time have managed to keep them ? It's not always down to the club. I'll start -

MLT.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

the next 3 England recruits on 17:18 - May 13 with 589 viewswebberg

It's inevitable that players like Shaw will want to leave because clubs like Spurs, Man U etc, even in "bad" years can promise European football and we are just not there.

It's a vicious spiral for us. We need to keep players and add to them with some quality buys, backed by a Board and owner with ambition. Unless we can do that within a foreseeable period, Shaw et al will leave.

If we can't we carry on being top half of the table but without a plan or ambition.

It would help if the Board followed the Leicester lead and said that they have a big budget to spend and an objective.

Would that be enough?

Probably not but it's a start.

the next 3 England recruits on 20:29 - May 13 with 554 viewsBison

I can't see Leicester getting even close to what we achieved since we got back in EPL. That's the problem with highs , you only know it's a high because you have experienced lower. Last season the highs were beating the top dogs , this year it's been the sheer appreciation of fantastic football. I would take another season similar to this than giant killing. ( a cup run wouldn't be bad either !)

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

the next 3 England recruits on 10:15 - May 14 with 493 viewswebberg

It's been an odd season really.

Lots of possession of the football and at times some truly devastating play against the "best" teams.

Equally, there have been (many) times when dominating the ball and territory has not been turned into goals and as a result we have drawn or lost matches.

In my opinion (probably uninformed) that's because we have lacked cutting edge on the edge of and in the opposition box. Fixing that issue is perhaps two players worth of spending unless we have a ready made youngster around.

I think we also have to accept that we will lose players this time around but hopefully will be looking to keep the next generation of talent coming through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024