Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:04 - May 30 with 1169 viewsstockholmsindrome

Why would I not support the team?

We are in a far far better place than we were 5 years ago.

And whose to say Kat won't open the purse?

Yes Lambert is going, would you begrudge him the move?
Shaw, looks nailed on to go, £30m is nothing to be sniffed at.
Lallana gone as well, more than likely.

Let's see what happens after that, shall we.

I ain't wetting my bed.

I was here before them and I will be here long after their footballing careers have ended.

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:07 - May 30 with 1162 viewsMooCowTheThird

I'd have to start supporting pompey.

Poll: Do we need fewer Doc threads?

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:09 - May 30 with 1151 viewsst_bangkok

Close, but what he wants you to say is that you are furious and want Nico back.

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:22 - May 30 with 1130 viewsstockholmsindrome

Cortese has gone, get over it.

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:22 - May 30 with 1130 viewsSaintNick

- Lost our Executive Chairman (NC) I am not concerned, NC was big on words and in that respect was a good orator, but the facts are he wasnt running the club properly and our income was a fraction of what it should have been.

- Lost our Manager this all depends on whom we have replaced him with

- Lost our best striker & talisman Im sad to see him go but if we got £4 million for a man who will be 32 half way through the season thats good business

- Lost our captain, play maker & poster-boy for the club The one player i dont think we can afford to lose, he will be hardest to replace

- Lost England's best young prospect (alongside Barklay & Sterling) I think £30 million for Shaw will strengthen the squad more than keeping him

- Run a transfer surplus (clearly not spending the money we'd brought in) Depends on what the surplus is, if we brought in say £50 million and have spent £40 million of it I wont be too disapointed as we will have some in reserve

Football is a constantly revolving business obviously its not ideal for a big turnover all at once, but if it happens then what counts is what we do next nothing more nothing less.

If on the opening day we had a good manager in charge, that we had only lost those 3 players mentioned and we had spent most of the money from them wisely then I would be happy going into the season.

Problem is the proof of the pudding is in the eating would i be happier with say Koeman spending £60 million and coming 15th or Garcia spending £15 million and coming 10th and winning the FA Cup, its all about actions not hypothetical situations

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:41 - May 30 with 1089 viewsClickInsect

Good response. The only issue is, that if you don't care what happens to the club and you'll be at each game cheering regardless, why are you on this board every day giving your opinion on everything that happens?

Doesn't quite ring true does it? Pithiness apart, you can not support Pompey and have an opinion on the direction of SFC. But carry on.

Poll: Where will Saints finish?

Colours to the Mast....... on 15:47 - May 30 with 1080 viewsClickInsect

I'm talking about how you'll feel on the first day of the season. But otherwise, fair enough. No wrong answers, all opinions anyway.

Colours to the Mast....... on 17:01 - May 30 with 1009 viewsSaintpaul120

Never know how 5 new players will integrate or whether they'll be successful or not, until they have been purchased and put onto the field of play - just look at Spurs.

Another piece of the jigsaw is the manager. How well will he integrate/implement Reeds system

Colours to the Mast....... on 17:21 - May 30 with 972 viewsDel_Bianco

Signing lots of new players rarely works. If we lose 5 or 6 key players we have to replace then we will be in big trouble next season. The team will be gelling during the season and we'll be playing catch up all year.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Colours to the Mast....... on 17:31 - May 30 with 962 viewsSonicBoom

I don't want to lose 5 or 6 either. Trying to bed in a new manager, plus replacement players will be difficult particularly in a world cup summer.

However I'm with MLT. The guys that found MP are still there.
We sold Shearer, Bale etc etc and last season we finished 8th. We'll spend a bit of cash and we'll bring through more players and we'll be ok.
Not sure we will ever win the champions league though...

Colours to the Mast....... on 17:45 - May 30 with 950 viewsMatt_Finish

- Lost our Executive Chairman (NC) - we have Ralph Kreuger and I like him so far. I feel I know where we stand with him.
- Lost our Manager - by the start of the season I expect us to have a higher profile and more internationally experienced manager than Pochettino
- Lost our best striker & talisman — good luck to Ricky but he’s at the end of his career. Who’s to say Poch may not have sold him next season. If we want to move forward 13 goals from your main striker in 37 games is not good enough. Let’s use the money to buy Finnbogason who will score 20+
- Lost our captain, play maker & poster-boy for the club — let’s see if he goes. If he does we can replace him
- Lost England's best young prospect (alongside Barklay & Sterling) - £30m approx. for an 18 year old with one season who is great going forward but I think is still unproven as a defender. We can rebuild the team with good quality for £30m
- Run a transfer surplus (clearly not spending the money we'd brought in) — Not quite sure I understand this point. If you’re saying everything we take should be automatically spent and then some there’s a word to describe that type of thinking — Portsmouth.

Colours to the Mast....... on 18:12 - May 30 with 925 viewsClickInsect

You feel you know where you stand with him? Saying that no players will be sold until a manager is appointed, then agreeing fees with other clubs for key players 24 hours late?

"Not quite sure I understand this point. If you’re saying everything we take should be automatically spent and then some there’s a word to describe that type of thinking — Portsmouth."

This is absolutely not the same situation as Portsmouth. Totally and fundamentally different. Portsmouth spent money that they didn't have in an insane bout of speculation. This would be the opposite, though not to the same degree. It would mean that the club would have taken significant money out of football operations. For all Ralph's avoidance about answering the question of the club's ambition if we start next season with a transfer surplus, then it'll be abundantly clear what has gone on behind the scenes. I.e. a display of intent that didn't match the ambition of the manager or first team squad.

As far as the rest of it, no problem. It's all opinion. I don't agree with you personally, but accept your reasoning.

Colours to the Mast....... on 18:14 - May 30 with 921 viewsSaintGeorge

Bit of a daft question really. The thing about football is the irrationality of it - the passion for something that isn't very important at all.

We'll all be red and white till the day we die, even though we'll be dragged through eight miles of shit every year, dumped on by the big money, lied to by those supposedly on our side, abandoned by our best-loved players, ridiculed by the fair-weather supporters of Réal Bayern United and left languishing in the Conference when we could have had it all.

In any other part of life you'd lay the burdensome coat aside - you'd leave the bitchy wife, quit the crappy job, leave the country even - you could change your name, your nationality, even your sex....

BUT YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR CLUB

Poll: What should remainers be called now, since they're leaving too?

Colours to the Mast....... on 18:56 - May 30 with 877 viewslikesadrink

This. No one can disagree it is looking an absolute shambles.

Nick, your comments describing Lambert as merely a 32 year old player in the twilight of his career "£4m is good business" is insulting to the bloke and the position he holds in the club. He's worth more than money.

I'm gutted.

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:31 - May 30 with 847 viewsSaintpaul120

+1

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:32 - May 30 with 842 viewsClickInsect

I'd humbly say that's a daft answer.

Nobody is saying you change your club, the implication would be that you'd put pressure on the owner's to sell, or not.

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:49 - May 30 with 827 viewsMooCowTheThird

Oh for fek's sake.

Lighten up you prize pre-teen Barbie doll
[Post edited 30 May 2014 19:51]

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:53 - May 30 with 821 viewsClickInsect

The thing about light relief is, you have to say something funny. If you are incapable of wit, you just end up sounding like a spastic with your head up your arse. You may think it's funny to spout carbon-copy cliches when adults are talking, but I assure you that you don't even get as much as a smirk.

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:55 - May 30 with 821 viewsMooCowTheThird

Who gives a flying fek about possibly insulting him? Which I don't think he has been insulted.

He is/was an employee of SFC. He has done a fantastic job for us, and well worth his pay slip. Now he's off. I will always applaud and welcome him back to SMS but I'm not going to fawn over him and lick his boots clean.

He's just a player. The club matters more.

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:57 - May 30 with 819 viewsMooCowTheThird

Calm down you bet wetter. Seriously, calm down. There is more to life than Rickie lambert

Colours to the Mast....... on 19:58 - May 30 with 816 viewsClickInsect

Who is saying the club doesn't matter? The problem with trotting out the same old cliched shit for every thread, is that not every situation is the same.

For the record, people are saying that this deal is terrible for the club & that it shows a lack of competence and honesty for the board. Now dip into your filo-fax o'coont and find your stock response. You have the interactive ability of Animal, Vegetable, Mineral on Commodore 64.

Colours to the Mast....... on 20:11 - May 30 with 805 viewsMooCowTheThird

Calm down dear. Believe it or not you do not know everything which is being discussed behind closed doors at the club.

Players come. Players go.
Managers come. Managers go.

Stop being such a big drama queen. You sound like a fourteen year old who has never witnessed a closed season transfer window before.

Colours to the Mast....... on 20:13 - May 30 with 804 viewsMatt_Finish

So the question is has a manager already been appointed? If not then granted it's a bit of a ricket by Kreuger but hardly a hanging offence - time will tell but to be so on his case so early on is hardly giving him a chance is it?

As for this not being like Portsmouth I said it as a joke but when you analyse the situation they wouldn't be too far apart. Pompey spent money on players they couldn't afford. Last season we spent money that we couldn't afford on players without the Leibherr billions. Is that sustainable?

Kat Leibherr said Cortese overspent and it's her money so what you gonna do about it? I think the main thing is that we have a settled owner who wants to build the club somewhere along the lines that Markus and NC planned but by doing it sensibly so that if she did decide to pull the plug we wouldn't be f***ed like Chelsea will be when Roman goes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024