Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Schniderlin on 07:41 - Jun 28 with 2607 viewsMooCowTheThird

£20 million and not a penny less.

No player is bigger than the club. If the price is right and there is a cheaper snap-in replacement he should be told to clear out his locker and move on.

I have no emotion for any one player.

Poll: Do we need fewer Doc threads?

Schniderlin on 07:42 - Jun 28 with 2600 viewspatred

Here you go Moo... a snap in replacment

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Schniderlin on 07:49 - Jun 28 with 2581 viewsMooCowTheThird

Who's that pat?

Poll: Do we need fewer Doc threads?

Schniderlin on 07:59 - Jun 28 with 2559 viewsDel_Bianco

Leroy Fer.

I said that to a mate when we were watching the holland v chile game.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Schniderlin on 09:05 - Jun 28 with 2451 viewssfc1971

Cork & Wanyama will quite easily fill his Boots.

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

Schniderlin on 09:14 - Jun 28 with 2437 viewsgartan

Would be a massive loss to us if Morgan goes. He is quality and very hard to replace FFS.

Poll: Are we the most bed wetting moaning fans in the prem?

Schniderlin on 09:16 - Jun 28 with 2435 viewsBLEEDRED

Spent a few days in London last week and some media types were certain that the Arse had bid £15 mill for Morgan, Saints were just holding out for £20mill and a deal would be done as soon as he got back.
Likewise the Spuds have tabled a bid of £15mill for Lovren but he preferred Liverpool but is certain he will not play for Saints again.
This is unsettling other players and many are considering their positions at the club

Schniderlin on 09:24 - Jun 28 with 2412 viewsClickInsect

It's getting to the stage where there is hardly anybody left to unsettle.

What is happening now, seems to be pretty much the nuclear option that many had feared going back months. The only comforting thing is that there is absolutely nothing we could have done about it as fans & the club have at least said they are going to reinvest the money.

The club need desperately to offer contracts to keep a backbone in the first eleven. It seems clear at this point that they won't though. We are getting good fees (it seems though not convinced about what the Adam deal broke down as). If we can get through next season, the future might still be bright. We need to replace proven premier league players, with proven quality though for the most part. There is no point signing players en masse from Europe's eighth best league and expect to do anything. By all means sign some prospects, but we need people who can come right in and play at this level too.

Poll: Where will Saints finish?

Schniderlin on 09:55 - Jun 28 with 2388 viewsSaintpaul120

You are an "emotional desert"!! ha ha

£20m would be too little I think.

Schniderlin on 09:58 - Jun 28 with 2379 viewsSaintpaul120

This.

What's Europes "eigth best league"? Eridivisie?

Schniderlin on 09:59 - Jun 28 with 2376 viewsSFC_Fire

Would do for me!

Poll: What away game are you most looking forward to?

Schniderlin on 10:28 - Jun 28 with 2337 viewssaintandy11

It all comes down to the wages being offered. he will see that Lambert, Shaw & Lallana are getting two or three times more than when playing for us and he obviously wants some of that.

I have no problem with players wanting to move for a better wage, who wouldn't move to a different firm to do the same job for twice the money? what annoys me is when they come out with this "I want to play champions league" rubbish. If they are so desperate for champions league then sign for Celtic where you are guaranteed it every season.

the bottom line is we can't pay the wages that the likes of Liverpool, spurs, Arsenal, Man Ure and the rest can, just the same for teams like Burnley (why do you think Jay Rod came to us?). it's a fact of life in football, the richer teams will pay higher wages and thus attract the better players, earn more through sponsorship, prize money etc and get richer.
I don't see the point in getting bitter and twisted about players leaving. it's happened in the past and it will happen in the future. i'm just glad that we are now getting a good reward for developing these players. we need to ensure that when teams realise just how good the likes of Clyne, Chambers, JWP are they have to pay through the nose for them. get them on 7 year contracts and make the 'big teams' pay the big bucks.
bottom line is our wage structure is not champions league and we cannot afford to sustain one. do we really want to revert back to the Lowe days of over stretching our finances and ending up like that little club down the road?

Schniderlin on 10:45 - Jun 28 with 2297 viewsSaintpaul120

+ 1

Schniderlin on 16:10 - Jun 28 with 2149 viewskingslandstand1

Is that article saying we are just a production line to sell assets on for a fat profit?

we should certainly do well in the under 19's leagues then ................

Schniderlin on 16:17 - Jun 28 with 2140 viewskingslandstand1

The Dutch national team aren't doing too badly though are they?

What RK has to do is be able to sell club ambition to potential incumbants, which is not going to be easy with the main nucleus of last season going - and they must have been decent with the fees we re getting

Schniderlin on 16:50 - Jun 28 with 2097 viewsThe_Duke

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who we buy. Last seasons success was as much to to with the team ethic that had been built over the years previous. That can't be bought and chucking a load of expensive players together guarantees nothing. Look at the England team.

Poll: In your experience, which Premier contenders attract the most plastic fans?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024