Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
protests during the games 18:32 - Aug 6 with 2312 viewsTr1ggsy

I know people on here are going to accuse me of being a bum spider etc as I'm a new member, the thing is I've been on AVFTT for years but never post. My main concern for posting now is to ask if people are going to protest during the games? I ask this because a team that have had as much time to gel as ours has had (or hasn't) isn't going to do well without the proverbial 12th man. I get protests before and after the games but during will not help at all. Hard as it is to restrain it will need to be done to get behind the lads.

Oyston out.

protests during the games on 18:34 - Aug 6 with 2309 viewsSeasideKurt

I made the same post and got absolutely shot down.

Apparently the players do not get affected by protests and that they shouldn't cry about it was the general consensus.

protests during the games on 18:36 - Aug 6 with 2304 viewsWizaard

Totally agree with both of you.

No problem if there is a need to protest, but not during the 90 minutes.

I don't care what anyone says about the players not being affected. Last season proved it beyond doubt that they are affected by it.

protests during the games on 18:39 - Aug 6 with 2297 viewsRusty2Stands

Proved beyond doubt????
Where's your proof of that?

protests during the games on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 2292 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

So let's get this straight.

A player is tearing down the wing, looking to deliver that inch-perfect cross to the head of our striker, and if there's protests, he'll not pull off the cross, but if everyone is okay then he'll nail it?

What exactly are they scared of that affects their footballing abilities so much - being hit by a tennis ball?

Graeme Souness, when manager of Galatasary, walked out into the middle of the pitch at their fiercest rivals Fenerbahce, and planted a Galatasary flag on the centre spot. Then calmly walked off again.

That was in front of 60000 rival fans. If our players haven't got the balls to deal with a protest, they won't deal with a 46-game season in the Championship.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 18:46]

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

protests during the games on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 2273 viewstangerinehad

Hopefully there wont be any need to protest......when we were breaking club records 12 months ago I didnt hear a single negative chant....
Thats human nature and human nature will prevail again, if, and yes to some of our more negative fans its a big if, we are charging towards the prem in the new year it will make interesting reading in the papers and interesting listening on the post match radio chats.

"fire"!!!!!

protests during the games on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 2266 viewsOldSkool

If I was a player in a struggling team, I know `for a fact' that I would prefer the fans to be screaming at the chairman rather than at me.

They are big men.
If they cannot handle fans chanting at a chairman, then they havent the mettle to be a professional footballer.

protests during the games on 18:58 - Aug 6 with 2244 viewsTr1ggsy

The galatasary scenario is completely irrelevant, were they struggling to fill a teamsheet 3 days before their first game of the season not having played a SINGLE game together. Granted if you are an EXPERIENCED player then yes, you should be able to deal with it. The lads we have that need blooding in will not have that luxury I'm afraid. What is gong to do them better? Welcoming them out with 100% backing or coming out to the huge negative response from the fans?

protests during the games on 18:58 - Aug 6 with 2243 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

This exactly.

When we trotted out at Deepdale a year ago, the players were getting dogs abuse from 3 sides of the ground. Did that affect them? Am sure it did.
It'll happen again at Millwall, Weds, Wolves etc etc this season.
I've never heard a player saying that fans protesting at the running of the club has affected their game.
It might not be the ideal atmosphere, but if it puts them off, how the frig will they cope with the bigger games away from home, when the supporters are 99% biased against them?

protests during the games on 18:59 - Aug 6 with 2242 viewsSandgrown1

A professional and well paid footballer will just get on with playing football, if the fans are rightfully chanting neg's at oyston.

I doubt the more vocal supporters will roll over an accept the pi$$ take and lies that oyston is 100% responsible for.

And his dissing of the BST will cause loads of trouble IMO.

It's an unknown quantity as to the support, especially as I doubt we will have above 6,500 STH's for this coming season... and I'm unsure if the free under 8's or uner 7's are included in the number?

Jose Riga and the fans have been totally conned, as per usual, despite the goon promising he would change the way he went about signings etc etc etc.

If fans started chanting 'oyston out' and I was at the game.... I'd join in.

protests during the games on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 2236 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

But you're fudging the issues Trigg.

Whenever the team runs out onto the pitch, they get greeted with cheers, balloons, songs and admiration. That won't stop - but during the game, at times, if it's going tits up then what other way is there for people to show their discontent to the clown who's sat quaffing Premier Cru in the executive box?

Are people expected to write him a letter?

The away crowd at Wigan last season literally won us that match. I firmly believe that. The protests tend to take stronger hold when the side is getting battered, or as per last season, on a run of 30000 games without a win. Ideal world scenario is that nobody ever has anything to protest about, but that's largely down to the thieves who run Blackpool FC.

protests during the games on 19:55 - Aug 6 with 2211 viewsTr1ggsy

Haha that letter comment made me laugh, that would be a very British way to deal with it all! I agree where your coming from, however I still feel that if there is next to no support it will have an effect. If I'm being honest I too would chant if we where getting battered and the 'mob' started, the passion on the terraces takes over every time. Granted this is being hypocritical, I was just seeing if people were still going to be protesting during the games.

protests during the games on 20:08 - Aug 6 with 2191 viewsDon_K_Lasher

Pump Arse

Away managers used to comment about the hostile atmposphere we created for the away team and how well we got behind our own team.

Strangely though non of them mentioned it last year, nor did the players.

A poisonous atmosphere at the ground just makes it shit for everybosy else.

Who are you trying to convince with this bollux argument, yourselves?

Right how did the new swearometer filter cope with that lot?

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

protests during the games on 20:31 - Aug 6 with 2162 viewsSTHolder

To my mind those who've protested have done so by not buying season tickets - will these same people still attend home games? If so they're actually lining the O's pockets more than us who have bought a season ticket which is ironic! I don't agree with protests during the games but I suppose it'll depend on how the games are going?

protests during the games on 20:35 - Aug 6 with 2154 viewsFY4MIKEH

Sandy I would join in as well.
OYSTONS OUT.

protests during the games on 00:02 - Aug 7 with 2109 viewsprogressfan

I agree with' lasher', fans go to a game to not only to enjoy the football but the whole match day experience which includes creating a great atmosphere for the home side and feeling part of that throughout the 90 minutes.
Its not the fact that a player here's the protest or not, it creates a poor atmophere in total, which does affect both the players and supporters and takes away that element of match day enjoyment for supporters as well.

Save the protests for outside the ground we need to let our new players and manager we are 100 % behind them and what great atmosphere we have at bloomers. UTMP
t

protests during the games on 00:18 - Aug 7 with 2097 viewsdukeoflancaster

None of the players give a flying f4ck unless it's personal abuse #Fact
They're only there for the money and the sooner most fans realise that, the better!

Dukeoflancaster

protests during the games on 00:41 - Aug 7 with 2083 viewsSouthshorepool

Owen Coyle said earlier that protesters during the game could affect the players.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

protests during the games on 00:54 - Aug 7 with 2076 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Coyle, what does hoe know? He's only worked in the game all his life.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

protests during the games on 06:29 - Aug 7 with 2041 viewsrealistic

Lets be realistic for a minute here, NOBODY has any proof that every single player is affected by protests during a game, fact.

I remember the anti Glazer protests a few years back, and none of those stopped Manchester United from winning the Premier League!

I would agree personal abuse to individual players or the team is hardly helpful, but a few anti Oyston songs, making a player play badly, really?

I understand some posters (not all) are desperate to find ways to defend the Oyston family, but really?

''quod saveris metes''

protests during the games on 07:37 - Aug 7 with 2008 viewsSouthshorepool

Just reporting what Owen Coyle said and given he was praised for his views on BBC radio 5live and rightly so, I was of the view his opinion counted for something.
No need to start chomping at the leash just yet or you'll be back on the Gazette website.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

protests during the games on 07:53 - Aug 7 with 2001 viewsWindyMiller

I spoke to Bishop after the tennis ball game and asked him what the players made of it and he said the fans were 'stupid'. If they want to protest there are hours either side of the 90 minutes. Said all the players were cheesed off because they had momentum before the tennis ball incident and it just killed it for them. Can see players points of view - they're there to do a job and be supported and they should be given every chance to do that!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

protests during the games on 18:34 - Aug 7 with 1959 viewsrealistic

His view does count and was fair of you to mention, but so is the view that not ALL players are affected, as the Manchester United squad proved during the much more vocal and prolific anti Glazer protests.

To say all players are affected, as some have, without proof, is folly.

''quod saveris metes''

protests during the games on 18:50 - Aug 7 with 1953 viewssmethwick

A lot of the protesting towards the end of last season happened - or a least grew in intensity - when we went behind. As a few others have said, that is human nature - to be pi$$ed off when things go badly.
Contrast that with the '12th Man' response that an opposition goal received during the Holloway years - we shouted down the opposing fans' celebrations.

The sound of a passionate 12th man believing in what the team can do must surely spur the team on. The sound of protests following a goal has a deflating effect I imagine - it certainly has an air of defeat and acceptance - not of defiance and belief.

I'm firmly in favour of protest - but not when it stops us supporting the team. I believe that is our part of the deal - to support, encourage and scream the team on to glory.

If protests are to continue - and I can't see why they shouldn't - we, as a fan base, need to be cleverer. A visible, but silent protest which is always there - before, during and after the game - would allow us to support the team without the protest getting in the way. The green and yellow scarves at Man Utd are a good example of what I mean. Thinking caps on folks....
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 18:52]

protests during the games on 19:12 - Aug 7 with 1941 viewsBFCJonathanII

Why not protest wherever, whenever?

How many league titles have Manchester United won since protests began against the Glazers in 2005?

I think that shows players are rarely affected by protests.

Granted, we should get chants going for the team, too (which rarely happened at Bloomers at all even before protests began last season)

The best protest last season was the Tangerines and Tennis Balls protest during the match last season.

protests during the games on 19:15 - Aug 7 with 1938 viewsrealistic

Some fair points, to rule out ANY form of protest during a game is folly, and to say it affects every single player, without proof, is simply just not true.

I'd imagine most people willing to be vocal about Oyston are equally as vocal when singing 'Come on you Pool' etc anyway.

There are other methods to show the feeling during, before and after games, and why not!

As stated, Manchester United won league titles during protest, vocal and silent, this is a fact which warrants a mention.

The vast majority of people support the players and management, just not the Oyston family.

''quod saveris metes''

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024