Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? 18:53 - Aug 24 with 5564 viewsPoolian

A lot has been said about this situation. a good majority our supporters cant stand the Oystons and their ineptness and penny pinching ways but just how can we put enough pressure on their administration to make them even think of selling up. Any suggestions would be good.

#OystonOut

Poll: Will Pool win an away match before 2015

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 19:20 - Aug 24 with 5551 viewsMiddxile

When they have taken the last Parachute Payment, and the Tom Ince money, the Club will have been completely looted.
The current players in total are worth barely £500k, and the East Stand has only this and next season remaining of it's "shelf life".
The Club will then cease to be of any interest to them, with the crowds back down to under 4k, and even with rent coming in from the various offices around the Ground, the whole enterprise will no longer be a "cash cow", indeed it may even become a liability.
At that point, they may decide it isn't worth the bother. Also at that point, Blackpool FC may well be in League 2...............but the air will smell sweeter.
My own view is that ALL the money has been invested in non-football businesses, and that they now have a cash-flow problem. They can't buy in any decent players because the money is tied up.
Just opinion !

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 5514 viewsPoolian

Judging by the lack of ideas or is it just apathy most on here are not against the Oystons

#OystonOut

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 11:21 - Aug 25 with 5495 viewsRigamarole

I'm very much against the Oystons. The difficulty with the question are that they are doing nothing illegal. KO is also phenomenally thick skinned, and protests and social media mean nothing to him whatsoever. It is effectively his club, to do with as he pleases, and no-one has any regulatory power to stop him. I had hoped that the fact that the club is now a laughing stock among other clubs and in the media might persuade KO otherwise, but that too has failed. I hope the Supporters Trust can make an impact, but there is no reason why KO has to pay any attention to it. The only possible solution is a hostile takeover, but even there KO has made it clear that nothing is for sale. It would need someone to buy the football club (playing side) and immediately to start building a stadium and infrastructure elsewhere, perhaps swallowing the rent payments at Bloomers for a year, or ground sharing with Fleetwood. But guess who owns the potential stadium sites?

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 13:03 - Aug 25 with 5466 viewsPoolian

I know they are doing nothing illegal but what they are doing is morally wrong. The OP was really about what can be done to put pressure on the current regime to either spend some money or get out of the club.

#OystonOut

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 13:47 - Aug 25 with 5444 viewsRigamarole

I fear that the simple answer is 'nothing that will make a difference.' I'm sorry to be so downbeat but like so many I have been round the houses on this one, alone and in conversation with other Blackpool fans of long standing. I did the one thing I could, and decided not to give Karl Oyston any more of my money by not renewing. It's miserable, to be honest, but I didn't see what else I could do. Paying money to watch Blackpool is an effective vindication of the Oyston tenure and I refuse to do it. I hate it and I miss it, but there you go.

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 17:04 - Aug 25 with 5390 viewsbottle

"Most on here are not against the Oystons" Really Poolian? I think I've yet to read one pro Oyston comment on here. It's not apathy I just think that people posting on here haven't got involved in the personal mudslinging side of things with the current owners - well least not in this incarnation of AVFTT can't say that is true on the old site.

The trouble is, it's a bit like saying you disagree with the direction that Marks & Spencer are taking, what can you as a customer do? You can write a strong letter to their Consumer department or Watchdog, you can protest outside or inside - but would more than likely get chucked out or moved along. You can choose not to go in any more and spend money in their stores or online.

The trouble is, where are you going to get your generously cut shirts and suits then, you have always shopped there and it hurts not to as Primark is no replacement!

Out current owners have shown themselves to be insensitive to criticism, have hides as thick as rhinos, show no shame or embarrassment in what people say about them and hold up recent success as proof that they are the best people to carry the club forward.

When an irresistible force meets an immovable object what is the outcome? Anything trapped between those forces is going to get the living daylights squeezed out of them, and that's what's happening to us fans, we are being crushed flat.

Other than the club being relegated to a position where it is no longer beneficial or financially rewarding for the owners to own it - and under their current mismanagement this seems likely and if part of the master plan then it's sheer evil genius at work -and for the spider work of shell and umbrella companies feeding off it to be disentangled then it seems unlikely there is anything we can do.

I've protested, I've joined BST, and I will happily join in with any constructive effort to release the stranglehold on the club. I'm also a Blackpool supporter who wants to watch MY team play - hence my season ticket - so I can't stop watching or not help but money in their pockets, I just like those BFC Y fronts too much! Perhaps that should be BFC afronts!

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 5372 viewsPoolian

All of what you say bottle is true and I also renewed my ST but I have to say I am starting to regret doing so.I was meaning not just this site but both when I said most on here.

#OystonOut

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 18:57 - Aug 25 with 5353 viewsbottle

Well I'm sure we all have mixed feelings about renewing to be honest Poolian, but at least we are best placed to see with our own eyes and not having to rely on second hand information from message boards and media - there was a more than glimmer of what might be possible against Blackburn and a hint against Brentford - I'm yet to be convinced that we will be ok, but I want to do my bit to make sure we are, and I can't do that from home!

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 20:22 - Aug 25 with 5333 viewsFixitian

It's very important that everyone joins BST, the more the merrier.

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 21:03 - Aug 25 with 5316 viewsFY4MIKEH

LOVE BLACKPOOL HATE OYSTON......NO MORE TO ADD.

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 09:44 - Aug 26 with 5274 viewsPoolian

Yes there has been some signs of good play but unfortunately not enough to get some points, and yes being there at least gives you the right to comment on what's gone on after the game. I will never support the Oystons directly although renewing in some way does just that.

#OystonOut

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 15:53 - Aug 29 with 5141 viewsFixitian

As they only understand the language that comes from money, we could easily starve them out.

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 11:15 - Aug 30 with 5072 viewsAVFTTConvert

My problem is more Karl than the 'Oyston's' - he has no grasp of football or how to deal with managers, players or agents. If Riga does go then he should fall on his sword. It's been two years of crap at BFC and all his bragging rights are in the gutter.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 12:31 - Aug 30 with 5047 viewscanaryseasider

I agree completely with Middxile's theory
After this season if not the next they'll sell up due to the costs of running the club.
They are creating a poor business model by not re-investing the "Free money"
Speculate to accumulate

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 09:04 - Sep 1 with 4971 viewsrigabeliever

I think this is the best thread I've read on this board so far. The question speaks for itself and is actually more rhetorical than anything because I think in our hearts of hearts two things.

1. The Oyston's aren't going anywhere
2. There is no one waiting in the wings to make an offer

That's where we're up to and sadly as fans we are going to have to suffer the consequences of it this season and beyond.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 09:14 - Sep 1 with 4968 viewsPoolian

Hopefully not RB pressure eventually tells and the fact that the O's asked for anti Oyston banners to be removed from fans at Wigan tells its own story. Financial pressure will have some impact i.e. don't buy merchandise, pies, pints, tea/coffee etc. Only small things but important. Also keeping up the pressure via the media also helps.

We should not give up and just accept that things wont change we have to make change happen hence the OP regarding what else can be done to keep the pressure on these parasites that are infesting our club.

#OystonOut

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 20:59 - Sep 1 with 4929 viewsMr_Brightside

I think tonight might be the tipping point for money - I expect the Wolves game to be ugly (and for Riga not to be in charge)

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 21:39 - Sep 1 with 4911 viewshindu_seasider

Shoot the bastard

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 09:20 - Sep 2 with 4840 viewsbig_bloomers

In any other business - Ratners let's say - if the product was crap then no one would spend money and the head has to go. The problem here is that people love the club and so will continue to go. Sadly a catch 22

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 19:49 - Sep 3 with 4713 viewsPoolman

I think it will be a fascinating time at Bloomfield Road because, whatever you think of him, Karl has had a decent record as Chairman - whatever his means of achieving that. Now with potentially 3 managers gone in 12 months, bottom of the Championship and the support haemorrhaging he finds himself in a position where he has never been before. Has Karl's luck finally ran out?

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 23:29 - Sep 3 with 4685 viewshackneyseasider

Potentially 5 managers gone in 2 years. Alarm bells?

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 08:28 - Sep 4 with 4647 viewsa_view_from_the_sofa

It has been done to death but my personal opinion is hit them in the pocket.... Hard. This is one of the reasons I have not renewed. I know around 3-4k have also taken this stance but for this to be really effective we need to be playing in front of 2-3k gates.

This I believe is the only action that can have an effect. Imagine the dramatic decrease in revenue, not only from ticket sales but everything else in the ground, not to mention the embarrassment and extra media coverage. The Oystons will have to start putting money back into the club just to pay the overheads and that is where I believe, they will pack it all in as it is no longer a cash cow.

It will take an awful lot of willpower from people to do this, I know a lot of people believe this stance means turning your back on your club but I believe a bit of short term pain is required for the long term future of our club. Mark my words we are going backwards at a rate of knots with the Oystons here and as long as people carry on handing over money to them BFC will always be their 'cash cow'.

Just what can be done to get rid of the Oystons? on 08:13 - Sep 5 with 4601 views1953Original

Simple answer is there needs to be an alternative and ever since we were talking about this when Haythornthwaite tried to buy the club, there has never been a viable alternative sadly.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024