Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower Loft Supporters Group 08:12 - Sep 24 with 4377 viewsSussexR

What do all Lower Loft Season Ticket Holders & Members (and other supporters) think about setting up a Lower Loft Supporters Group?

Over the last few days my mood swings from giving up and walking way to fighting them on the beaches. Well this morning I've landed on the beach and I want to do something constructive, rather than just whine about a situation over which, up to now, we've had zero control. Well if we got a Lower Loft Supporters Group in place, open to all Season Ticket holders and Members who occasionally sit there, we could discuss the issues with the club from a position of strength rather than the current situation of weakness with the club picking off individuals.

Personally I think that the Family Stand is here to stay, no matter what we think of it. Its gone too far for the club to move it. So we need to find a way of making the club listen to our collective voice and remove the draconian rules that they implement from time to time. we can only do that as a combined force.

What does everyone think? Comments welcome from all supporters not just LL people.

Let me know your thoughts (is there a PM system on this board?), indicating whether you sit in the LL or not.

I would be happy to co-ordinate things if enough people support the idea.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 08:59 - Sep 24 with 3470 viewseghamranger

I sit in LL, just behind the goal. I think it's a good idea, I've not been reading the message boards over the last few days but can see that people have the hump. I normally go with my daughter who is 16 now a and I know won't make every game this season and I will probably have to swap her ticket for an adult one for the Liverpool game.
I've only got the one child so would massively have the hump if she didn't go to a game and I wasn't allowed in.
The price went up from last season as she hit 16 and I think I paid £900 for us both.
This is now my 3rd season there and she loved an evening match as it's under the lights, late night and we would grab chips on the way home.
I know people get the hump about the LL but I stood there for the first time in 1976, like my seat and have a great view.
Will be interested to see what this letter says when it arrives.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:21 - Sep 24 with 3430 viewsQPeteR

I'm in.

Been sitting in the lower loft for near on 20 years and before that as a steward in the same block. (when the stewards were QPR fans, not the lot they have today!)

Was forced to give up my season ticket a few years back when they kicked out adults without kids, the irony was I have 2 kids the oldest of which I would have started to bring that very season, but as he was only 5 I didn't want to get him a season ticket (even though it was free) and take up a seat that he would only have used a few times.

I think the way the club have approached this family stand business from the very start has been very poor indeed. In fact the way the club treat the fans in general has been poor for a number of years. We are no longer the family club we used to be.

The rules really won’t affect me anymore as I pick and choose my games now and I bring both kids with me, but around me the guys that have sat there for many years are slowly going, some that were kicked out originally and some who's kids are now too old to sit in the lower loft have either been moved or do not come any more. How is that right?

There seems to be very little respect for us fans in football now days, it’s all about the TV money, but a club the size of QPR cannot really afford to forget about, as a certain Italian once said "us £20 fans" as we are the club and we make the club what it is.

It’s a real shame that our current owners, for all the drinking with the fans in pubs after games, etc are really not all the different to the previous ones.

It’s all about the money!

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:36 - Sep 24 with 3405 viewssmegma

I sat in KL, Row P seat 87 from day one until I got kicked out 3 seasons ago. I offered to buy my 8 year old daughter a season ticket and was told all family season tickets were sold out as they had to have a certain amount of match day tickets available.Then last season I found out a mate now sits in lower loft with his son who is 18 !!

You couldn't make it up.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:39 - Sep 24 with 3394 viewsSussexR

Thanks Pete.

is there a Private Message system on Loft for Words? If not there is on Not606, Id appreciate anyone interested in forming the Group to let me have their Lower Loft seat details to compile a list of members (or your Season ticket/Member ref number privately).
Or even if not a LL supporter, but you support the cause

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:40 - Sep 24 with 3392 viewsdaveB

We've got to many supporters groups as it is, this is half the problem we speak through several different groups all with different messages, no wonder no one listens

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:47 - Sep 24 with 3382 viewsSussexR

I agree, but I cant think of anything else to do for the relatively small number of us being damaged by the clubs actions, but any positive contribution or suggestions would be welcome.

The club disbanded the official supporters club which removed the ability to have a unified voice. (whether the OSC was fit for purpose or not)

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:52 - Sep 24 with 3364 viewsQPunkR

But this is very specific. If they just stick to LL matters, I don't see what the problem is.
I'm in the Q Block but really like this idea of getting supporters together. Puts those affected in more of a position of strength.
Go for it!

QPR - "shit but local"

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 09:59 - Sep 24 with 3351 viewsEsgaroth

I had stood then sat in the lower loft since the mid 80's and had a group around me that were classed as my "QPR Family", we have all been split up when they made it a "Family Stand". The annoying thing is that there are loads of people sitting in the Lower Loft who don't have kids so i don't know how they got round the system.

I agree with QPeteR, the way the fans are treated at the moment is pretty piss poor, we weren't even consulted about it we were just kicked out! It's funny how we have always been classed as a family club without the need for an actual family stand, then the club deem it necessary to alienate loads of supporters by kicking people out who have stood there for years.

Part of me wants to move from Loftus Rd to a bigger stadium so this sort of thing wont be an issue, part of me thinks if things don't improve i will give up my season ticket of nearly 30 years and hand pick the games i go to.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 10:13 - Sep 24 with 3314 viewsEastR

I'm in, but can we not meet too late on a school night ;)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 10:17 - Sep 24 with 3300 viewsSussexR

Kids not allowed to join :)

seriously though, I'd propose meeting up somewhere straight after a home game

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 10:32 - Sep 24 with 3263 viewsdaveB

You'd hope this is where the LSA and QPR 1st come into action, speaking to fans in the lower loft, surveys on the website, ask for feedback gather information and take it to the club with one voice rather than yet another group.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 10:44 - Sep 24 with 3250 viewsSussexR

Maybe and the LSA are taking an interest for sure.

For me though this is the second time that the club have done something like this (1st time round was kicking fans out of the Lower Loft when they introduced the Family Stand) without any consultation. They then after the event try dress up their actions as being a "family friendly" thing. the end result though was the same, nothing changed.

The Lower Loft seems to be the area of the stadium which has the most attention from the clubs eyes in terms of building the fanbase (its irony though that their actions will result in people walking away) and therefore I fear for further draconian measures without consultation. At least if the LL people could respond in unison and as a Group we may be able to influence the clubs actions.

If however most people do not agree then I'll just carry on with my own private battle, and most probably be unable to do anything, and go down fighting.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 10:49 - Sep 24 with 3232 viewsdaveB

I think something should be done and I'm similar to you in arguing this on my own with the club which is why I think one fans group should take our information and be our voice to the club. If they don't then I fully agree we'll need to do it ourselves.

Contradicting myself a bit but i did raise this with both fans groups last year and nothing appears to have been done so far.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 10:59 - Sep 24 with 3203 viewsSussexR

Are you in the Lower Loft Dave?

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 11:09 - Sep 24 with 3191 viewsdaveB

yes mate, I've been having this problem with the club for over a year now and got nowhere

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 11:12 - Sep 24 with 3184 viewsSussexR

Yep, me too.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 11:26 - Sep 24 with 3157 viewsdoogi55

i can see why they doing it .its just badly thought through they should just ban LL tickets from being sold on.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 13:44 - Sep 24 with 3051 viewsbigstevec

Dave, as Sussex says the LSA are involved. I am an LSA committee member and this issue directly affects me as I sit LL.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 13:49 - Sep 24 with 3036 viewsstevenagehoop

Count me in

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 14:03 - Sep 24 with 3017 viewsdaveB

That's good news, I hope you get somewhere with it.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 16:49 - Sep 24 with 2914 viewsthemodfather

one issue is people who have grown from kids to adults, still wanted the seat..the club began to enforce this family stand a bit more keenly 2 seasons ago?
the other issue is people with kids can't get a seat cos groups who were families are now mostly adult and want to be together ( understandable).
some also say adults are using kid tickets , thereby costing the club.
there have been many threads over time about the "family stand", surely the club realise kids go to kids parties, may be ill...can't do night games with school next day?? finding a balance, ie allow 3 games without a child.
to ask someone to queue, refuse entry, send all the way round the ground to queue again to get relocated, if possible, when the seat you HAVE PAID FOR is empty!?? seems mad.
treating long standing supporters so poorly is not good.
there SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOME CONSULTATION BEFORE ANY CLAMP DOWN! SOME COMMUNICATION USING THE FAMED DATABASE, WITH FANS IN THE FAMILY STAND SHOULD BE MANAGEABLE.....the club is moving in a direction i dislike, i used to FEEL PART of the club, olly had good communications with fans, the players were approachable..we raised monies, did walks, cycle rides.....back in lge one, we felt something building, that's why the promotions meant so much.
then it got to BUSINESS, our £20 was scorned upon, prices upped and the WALL built. TF seems all smiles, why he has allowed this to go on so long?
we need the kids and family support for the next 100 yrs...qprfc, SORT IT.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 21:19 - Sep 24 with 2778 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I used to stand in LL, then UL and now the R block, but for what it's worth I give you my support. Be good to have a family section but behind the goal in The Loft and not when people can't sit in seats they paid for, as theModFather himself says.

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 21:34 - Sep 24 with 2756 viewsloftboy

This first happened 25 years ago believe it or not, I used to have my season ticket in R block, had a great seat right behind the exit, loads if legroom and no one in front of me, then in 1990 was told I can no longer sit there as it was becoming the family section, ended up in what is now F block but was A block back then, it didn't last long if memory serves, but the point is it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened at QPR.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 23:04 - Sep 24 with 2698 viewswombat

I'm in , here's a way to simple for it to work idea shift the family stand to the lower school end , same view bit more cover I think way to simple for it to work though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lower Loft Supporters Group on 23:40 - Sep 24 with 2676 viewsPunteR

I've sat there a few times with the kids and all you hear is away fans singing and swearing at our fans plus a nice warm coffee chucked over now n then.
Maybe I'm being too fussy.
I only go to about 5 games a season but I've never really struggled getting tickets. I prefer the loft end upper or lower and sat all over the stadium but the worst place for me was the school end.
If you ve bought a kids season ticket and the kid can't go and you want to take an adult instead then as long as its paid the difference for an adult it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe there should be a attendance cap for an adult using a Childs ticket.
We need a new stadium!
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 7:00]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024