Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower Loft - Please Read 19:04 - Oct 9 with 6794 viewsSussexR

Further to the numerous threads on this subject I have set up an email account, to enable fans who support resistance to the stupid rules to record their support in a central location.

The email address is rangersllsg@gmail.com

Could I please ask anyone who supports resistance to the injustice to send a quick message to this email, stating your name and block/row/seat number. It doesn't matter if you don't sit in the Lower Loft.

I can then use it as a form of database to collect and record the amount of support. I can also use it to communicate with everyone interested in what's happening.

My apologies if you have already indicated your support on the board.

Many Thanks for your support.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 10:54 - Oct 10 with 5637 viewsSussexR

Any support from fellow Rangers fans would be great appreciated to help us.

Just a simple email of support to rangersllsg@gmail.com

Thanks

Lower Loft - Please Read on 22:44 - Oct 10 with 5465 viewsJudoRanger

I have added my support, hopefully as many Rangers fans as possible do - such a crucial issue that we need as much support for.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 23:50 - Oct 10 with 5418 viewsstowmarketrange

I honestly think we've left it too late to bring about change now.
I would hope not,but Beard seems determined to follow up this stupid idea to the end.
I did send an email though.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 08:31 - Oct 11 with 5380 viewsSussexR

Thanks for the email.

I think it's too late to have the Family Stand moved, I can't see that happening, but I think we must try and affect things like access rights and rules, which are being "tweaked" and changed without any thought for us as the end users.

We shall see how receptive the club are on Tuesday.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 10:39 - Oct 11 with 5282 viewsstowmarketrange

Good luck with it.There has been so many fans moved out of their favourite stand in the past couple of years and the way its been done is wrong.
When we tried to renew in June,we were told that we didnt meet the criteria of the family stand anymore and would either have to drop one of our party or move out.I was really tempted to not bother renewing our season tickets,and just walk away from the club ive supported for 44 years.It just wouldn't be the same if we had to squeeze into seats in another stand.We were lucky that my niece wanted to start watching football for the first time,and we managed to get another U16 season ticket.Others haven't been as lucky as us and simply don't go anymore.
I do agree that there needs to be a family stand,but I totally disagree with where it is,and how it is being enforced.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 11:27 - Oct 11 with 5254 viewsSussexR

Yep agree. All I ask is to be treated fairly and like a paying customer.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 15:02 - Oct 11 with 5167 viewssmegma

It's not to late to move the family stand when the club sells Lower School End to home fans. Why not make it the family stand??

Up until 3 years ago I had sat in my lower loft seat since it went all seater as did my mate. He actually built the seating when it was constructed.We were slung out as were hundreds of others.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 15:41 - Oct 11 with 5135 viewsSussexR

Yeah I remember. The school end is the obvious location (no season ticket holders) and many fans suggested this to the club, but got no reply. Realistically though I can't see the club moving it now. Unfortunately.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 19:57 - Oct 11 with 5048 viewsBrixtonR

Well done Sussex I totally agree with what you doing and have dropped you an email as requested. I can't say it's the ultimate sample but everyone I've spoken to thinks having the family stand in the LL is madness and an insult to the fans. Good luck with the club on Tuesday I'd really hope they'll listen - If enough people come up with constructive ideas they have to don't they ? I mean they learn from their mistakes.........

I agree the lower school end would be by far the best place for the family stand.

I can understand that this season they can't really move it from the lower loft but the one sensible thing they could do is to lift the accompanying under 16 rules once they get down to single tickets only and relax the rules for night games. For those games the tickets could come with a special caveat like they do with restricted view tickets that there should be no excessive swearing and to respect the kids.

For this season to improve the atmosphere, I don't know why they don't make the lower school end and X block dedicated singing areas. I understand they probably can't actually tell people they can stand in those areas but they can infer it by advertising the areas for fans who want to really get behind the team and have a bit of a sing. Even better they could make the School end lower unreserved - even if that's just by blocks. Would be good if the fan groups and club could get some sort of discussion onsomething like this, nothing orchestrated (Sorry the Palace Ultra's are the wrongest of the wrong to me) just you know if you sit there it's going to be a bit more relaxed and you'll be with like minded people who are up for it.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 20:06 - Oct 11 with 5039 viewsSussexR

Thanks mate, good info.

I can't see an email from you, can you check the address, it's rangersllsg@gmail.com

Lower Loft - Please Read on 01:54 - Oct 12 with 4959 viewsDeano19766

Why would the club treat you like a paying customer? In any other business you'd have a point, but unlike any other business the 'customer' is hamstrung by 'loytalty'. The club know that so they just do what they like. And the TV audience is more important than you anyway my friend. Personally I say fcuk the club. Tel em to poke it and boycott HQ. Once you start it's not that difficult to stay away to be honest

Lower Loft - Please Read on 08:08 - Oct 12 with 4908 viewsstowmarketrange

I was certainly seriously thinking of doing that Deano.If we hadn't been able to get our season tickets where they are,then what with all the other sh*t we are expected to put up with,I'd have walked away.
A long,sometimes longer,journey down from Suffolk every home game,and some of the crap football we've had to put up over the last few seasons wasnt worth the hassle anymore.Nothing ive seen so far this season has convinced me to stay.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 10:32 - Oct 12 with 4843 viewsSussexR

Let's hope it doesn't come to us walking away. I will if we can't solve this, but after 51 years it would hurt.

However our family group have decided we will call it a day if necessary and I am receiving many emails from others saying exactly the same.

I'd like to ask again for as much support as possible to email rangersllsg@gmail.com
Your fellow Rangers fans in the Lower Loft need help as we are in trouble. Please support us in our hour of need. It would be greatly appreciated.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 19:47 - Oct 12 with 4711 viewsDeano19766

All such a sorry tale really. But I guess the same has happened at many clubs in the Premiershite

Lower Loft - Please Read on 22:27 - Oct 14 with 4513 viewsSussexR

Please see a summary of the meeting held this evening below:

Dear All,

Just got back from the Lower Loft meeting at Loftus Road.

Present were 7 fans from the LL, Phil Beard, Jenny Winstanley (Ops Manager), Andy Rees (Customer Liaison), Diane (Box Office), One other Box Office representative whose name I didnt get.

I think its fair to say that the club held its hands up for what has happened. Myself and one other supporter gave Phil Beard documents explaining the issues. Mine listed 38 points which I collated from all of the emails you sent me. Phil Beard promised to answer all of them.

I also gave the club a copy of every email that I had received from you all, deidentified (because I felt it best to do so) to make the point about the depth of feeling.

Discussions covered a number of topics including:

Adults using kids tickets
swearing
Location of the Family Stand (but don't expect it to move)
Adult entry without kids
Upgrading of kids tickets to adults for night games
The Stoke game shambles
Consultation with fans
Terms and Conditions
Stewarding

The outcome is that the club have agreed the following:

Adults caught entering on Child tickets will be dealt with under the rules of entry
Swearing will be dealt with under Stadium regulations
For the rest of this season no adult fan will be be turned away if they do not have a child with them
For the rest of this season no fan will be relocated if you go without your child
Before the end of this season the Club will begin consulting with the fans on the Family Stand for next season, including its location, and the terms and conditions of its operation.
The club will continue to monitor any abuse of the Family Stand rules, other than that mentioned above.
The club will write again to all Lower Loft Adult Season ticket holders sumarising the meeting.

Taking into account the outcome above I plan NOT to leaflet the Lower Loft at the Liverpool game because I feel that the club has addressed the immediate issues and has promised to consult for next season. I will of course retain the Leaflets should they be needed in the future.

I'd like to thank everyone for the support with this issue. In my opinion the outcome is positive, I hope that you all agree. Andy Rees did say that if at anytime fans have problems please email him.

I will keep all of your emails and advsie again as and when I hear anything.

Once again many thanks to you all. I think we've got the best result that we could have hoped for this season, and the promise of discussions for next season

Best Regards,

Steve

Lower Loft - Please Read on 22:34 - Oct 14 with 4501 viewsted_hendrix

Good Man Steve,

I had a long phone call yesterday with one of the blokes who was at the meeting tonight, he was going to put my points and concerns across at the meeting tonight anyway but it looks like you've had success with fans not being turned away any more this season.

You're efforts are appreciated.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 22:35 - Oct 14 with 4497 viewsdaveB

Well done Steve, looks like common sense wins

Lower Loft - Please Read on 22:55 - Oct 14 with 4485 viewshamptonhillhoop

Well done mate. Appreciate it. Hopefully common sense has prevailed for now

Lower Loft - Please Read on 22:56 - Oct 14 with 4485 viewsstevenagehoop

Thanks Steve - have sent you email already Bob

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Lower Loft - Please Read on 23:36 - Oct 14 with 4451 viewsSussexR

Cheers guys. I think its a reasonable compromise for all concerned.

One thing I want to re-iterate is that to buy tickets in the Lower Loft on a game by game basis, you still need to meet the entry requirements and have a child in your group. That hasn't changed.

The discussion was purely about Season Ticket holders gaining access without their children.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 12:27 - Oct 15 with 4346 viewsGloucs_R

I want to take my 5 year old next season, so where should the family stand be?

School end would be logical but no way would I want away fans above us without cover.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lower Loft - Please Read on 12:32 - Oct 15 with 4341 viewsdaveB

have suggested it to Steve to pass on but still think lower loft is best place just policed better.

We could easily have two blocks in the stand say Blocks HL and PL made children’s blocks so you can only buy a ticket if you have a child with you, In those blocks bad language is not tolerated and if you are an adult you can only buy a ticket if you have a child in your party. You could go further and say only under 8’s if you want.

Then the rest of the stand is a Family Stand so if you want to bring your kid and accept as a parent it is your job not the clubs to tell your child not to repeat any bad language they can sit here. If you want to go to a match with your Dad, Brother, sister, aunt, cousin etc and you are not a child then that is also ok, the club should welcome all families not just families which include children.

I think that is the key to all this, family doesn’t mean children and most of us parents are capable of telling our kids not to repeat bad language they hear at a football match the same as our parents did with us without the club needing to step in.

Atmosphere is irrelevant, even with the family stand if the team plays well or it's a big game like WIgan in the playoffs the atmosphere takes care of itself, play rubbish and it's dead quiet in every stand not just the lower loft

Lower Loft - Please Read on 17:16 - Oct 15 with 4256 viewsstowmarketrange

If they gave HL and JL to the families to start with,until the numbers grew and they could take over the lower loft block by block.
They could erect a plastic screen between the family stand and the rest of the stand to keep out the worst of the bad language and behaviour from the rest of the stand.
Also,the players warm up over that side before the kick off and they could see them close up.
Sorry that people without youngsters who now sit in HL &JL would have to move,but at least they could still sit in the lower loft in the other blocks.

Lower Loft - Please Read on 17:27 - Oct 15 with 4256 viewspaulparker

what next Air Asia ear muffs so these little kiddies don't hear any bad language, I mean heaven forbid anyone swearing at football,
how about we as a club do away with any family stand and just have reduced prices for Kids & OAP's

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lower Loft - Please Read on 18:35 - Oct 15 with 4219 viewssaxbend

Further to Steve's summary, I have written to Andy Rees, who was said to have openly offered to engage with any fans willing to email him. I feel that the club have deliberately excluded those who were evicted two seasons ago from this process, and despite Steve having brought my concerns to the table last night they were barely acknowledged and certainly not addressed. Unsurprsingly, Andy Rees's email currently has an out of office auto reply on it until at least tomorrow, but hopefully I'll have a response worth sharing soon. At the very least I hope that a delegation of fans evicted will be invited to future meetings.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 18:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024