Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does a boycot help or destroy us? 09:42 - Oct 24 with 3257 viewsbig_bloomers

Notice there's lots of talk of boycotting all home games on the other board - in terms of help/hinderance how do you think that would affect the team?

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 21:11 - Oct 24 with 765 viewsjanegallagher

Raven - why would you sell your business if it wasn't worth anything What would be the incentive for them to sell, they'd just operate on a lower turnover in a lower division.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 21:13 - Oct 24 with 764 viewsjanegallagher

Yes what a strange parallel universe we live in.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 21:35 - Oct 24 with 747 viewsPlumbs

I keep saying that to my missus

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 21:57 - Oct 24 with 743 viewsHarryHorse

Boycotting or not won't destroy us . Its an imutable fact that when a team is doing consistently badly gates will drop .(possible exception Man Utd when they were relegated in the mid 70's) . Its personal choice and each to their own . The actual person doing the destroying boycotted it on Tuesday I gather

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 23:14 - Oct 24 with 714 viewsrigabeliever

Gong to be a long time before they go in to admin SATW and by then will the boycotters become the deserters and even if the O's went we've never see them again.

I've met people who've stopped going and whilst the O's have played a part they also say they're bored with the football, can't identify with the football and have found other things to do.

Even if the O's went tomorrow I doubt you'd see much of an increase in attendances - if we started winning and started playing good football then that might be different!

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 23:25 - Oct 24 with 710 viewsbig_bloomers

Fans are the lifeblood of any club and it's remarkable that KO treats them in the way that he does. His blatant disregard for supporters and his obvious disinterest in the club when things aren't going well is proof to me that he's given up. He'll enjoy the trappings and his place on the FL board but he doesn't care if fans turn up or not and that's this story in a very sad nutshell.

To answer the question I don't think boycotts will either help or destroy us - there's not an alternative to the O's and so fans will keep turning up in the hope that one day the team will improve or he'll finally back his manager.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 09:53 - Oct 25 with 679 viewsWindyMiller

When I look at the most vocal they're ages 16-25(ish) so wouldn't have a clue about how bad things really were. I think as soon as the fans start blaming each other we may as well pack up and call it a day.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 10:25 - Oct 26 with 667 viewsMr_Brightside

I think we do the opposite - make Saturday Belekon day and do as much as we can to show our support to him - pack the place to the rafters with 90 mins of Valeri songs!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 19:57 - Oct 26 with 658 viewsDon_K_Lasher

Not only that Wiz but the suggested boycott regularly appearing on the other site is invariably from non STs or nonsensical drivel from Paulco.

When challenged about with facts such as the STs money already being in KO's pocket, the failed Burnley boycott and the lack of numbers who were prepared to walk out at Cardiff, there is never a sensible response. Quite a few insults though!

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 08:39 - Oct 27 with 650 viewsCashCow

If Riga does go, I have a few mates who have said they'll ask for a season ticket refund based on the fact the club sold 'The Riga Revolution' and it never happened. Be interesting from a trades description point of view and all it will take is for one to get their money back and that could spell trouble for Mr O!

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 12:56 - Nov 3 with 631 viewswe_are_Superior

I like the idea of an FA Cup home tie boycott (as long as it's against someone rubbish!)

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 13:27 - Nov 3 with 622 viewsterminallytangerine

People's anger, frustration, sense of betrayal is indeed genuine, and the desire to effect change in any way at their disposal is understandable.

But the question is does the end - the change of ownership - justify the means (even assuming that these means are likely to be effective.)?

The atmosphere at BR at the moment is toxic and yes the owners must take some responsibility for this, but so I think should those who think that it is fair game for a bunch of 14 year olds to be chanting 'Die, Oyston, die' outside the ground on Saturday (the after game protest), to try to intimidate those who don't share their views (one of the reasons for this board perhaps) or to condone the obscene homophobic and fan against fan chanting we witnessed at Huddersfield. Great fun no doubt for those taking part but not really what most people want when they go to a football match. I would therefore be quite happy if these people decided to boycott and went somewhere else - but even happier if the conditions at BR improved so that the wind was taken out of their sails by the restoration of hope.

To claim that this is the only option is to to underestimate the work of both supporters organisations who are in their different ways trying to effect change. If a boycott is the choice of many then good luck to them; from my own perspective such an approach smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face, particularly as I don't buy into the argument that starting again at the bottom is a price worth paying or that there is a queue of potential owners queuing up to pay the prices quoted. When a buyer comes forward I would be happy to back them but in the meantime the football club still needs supporters.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 23:35]

Does a boycot help or destroy us? on 13:39 - Nov 3 with 620 viewsTwelveAngryMen

A conundrum
Those at the BST meeting were in favour of us exploring the principle a one game boycott with the FA cup being the most likely target - if of course we were drawn at home
It's controversial stuff though so we made it clear from the outset that a vote like that would have to go to the full membership which in light of the indication on Saturday it now will
I would't like to second guess the outcome and even if members vote for the principle will they really boycott a home tie v Premiership opposition ?
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 13:49]

#footballfirst

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024