Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conference 23:18 - Oct 28 with 1140 viewsHarryHorse

Given virtually half the participants are recent members of the Football League is it time to make it 4 up from what is essentially Division 3 (Division 5 in old money) , should we be going the other way and regionalising Divisions 1 & 2 , or is the status quo fine as it is ?

Conference on 23:23 - Oct 28 with 1129 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'd leave it as it is Harry. I think it works fine and making tier 5 a national one seems to have driven up standards.

As to promoting more sides from that tier, again, I'd leave it as it is. Having only two up does dampen things and means that sides who are backed artificially do get slowed down (not infallible of course, see Fleetwood).

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Conference on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 1124 viewswespens

One of those debates which I hated to hear when we were down there and suppose I should be equally appalled by the suggestion now we're heading back there!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Conference on 23:32 - Oct 28 with 1116 viewsHarryHorse

Actually Wespens I thought it might make a change to discuss something other than Blackpool ...or perhaps you detected my subconscious talking !

Conference on 07:27 - Oct 29 with 1086 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

It makes absolutely no sense to have 4 going up and only 2 going down from the 4th tier. 3 and 3 is more apt now as the old argument that clubs were too unprofessional and grounds not good enough is by and large redundant.

(PS - a good thread and why I prefer this board!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024